What is/was your major in college?

Options

Replies

• SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    English Literature in college. Turns out I always had a thing or two for literature and a pathetic crush on Shakespeare and Keats; which later included Edgar Allen Poe, Chinua Achebe, Thomas Hardy, and Virginia Woolf.

Then a postgraduate in Human Resource Management. I knew I was always popular with speaking and the Agony AUnt kinds whom people turned up to with their problems. Just didn't know that I could juggle it up with corporate jargon too... Lol!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Contemporary dance and body/mind studies (that means Biology and psychology was a minor to my dance major).
  • ShelleyWatters
    ShelleyWatters Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BA in Sociology with a focus on Women's Health Issues, Master's certificate in Epidemiology in public health

Needless to say, I went into public health. ;)
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Journalism. I love to write.
  • bearjr30
    bearjr30 Posts: 19
    Options
    social work and bible i went to a chritian college...that was like about 14 years ago...and graduated.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Nursing :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Journalism and am now doing a masters in Public Relations & Advertising
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    English major and speech communication minor.

My speech comm emphasis was public speaking and rhetoric, not speech pathology.
    Communications was a very fun field though! Enjoy :-)
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    PG in Thermal Engineering, & General Management from B-School.

In reality - I end up reading cartoons and new papers from around the world at office. :P
  • CoryRedlips
    CoryRedlips Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Social sciences and language teaching.
    Now I am doing my PhD dissertation on Pedagogy. Apparently I am a nerd.
    :glasses:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I did a year in Early Childhood Education, a semester in Psychology, then back to ECE for a semester, got a job at a day care that made me realize teaching wasn't for me and switched to Real Estate and Business and I'm sticking with that. It's going to take an extra few semesters for me to graduate now after switching a few times!

My husband is doing Industrial Engineering, he's switched his major more times than I have but he finally found what he likes, thankfully!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Environmental toxicology. I am a science geek. I manage environmental cleanups now.
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Never knew what i wanted to be so 1st I tried environmental science. zzzzz. that was a snooze, was bored out of my mind so I've switched and currently doing my prerequisites "biochem" so i could get into medical school next year hopefully. fingers crossed.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I got my BA in art history last year and I'll have my MA in the same next year. I want to work in arts education at a museum/gallery/etc.
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Business and marketing bc my grandparents wouldn't pay for law haha. Iv just started interior design - just for fun.
    Iv only ever worked as a model so wasn't sure where to go from here.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    BFA- Photography
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Doubling in mathematics and physics, and spending aaaaalll of my money on it.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    beer

double majored with this and health admin; minored in la mota.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    was graphic design....
    now is respiratory therapy
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Major in college was Mechanical Engineering, because in trade school I majored in Machinist. Why? To prove to some beefheads that a female is most certainly capable of machining, welding, lifting heavy items, and figuring out trigonometry. I completed my education. However, that was my ego guiding me and I have since changed my major to Correctional Officer, for much the same reasons but more of what I really wanna do with myself.