Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    I eat anything and everything I want. In moderation. I've been at this for just over 2 months and I'm down 30 lbs. It's the eating anything I want that keeps me going. I don't have cravings from denying myself things, so I don't binge. I control my portions, I exercise, I lose weight.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    i am not a clean eater

look though my diary you will see baconators, fast food, processed food, and all other kinds of stuff as long as it fit is my macros i eat what i want and have lost over 60lbs

the deficit is what matters :)

^
    ^
    ^
    Can i get a hallelujah up in here!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    This has reached critical mass.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    33lbs down in less than 4 months eating, like everyone says, whatever I want in moderation :)

Doesn't everyone eat what they want?

No. A lot of people deny themselves the things they want to eat because others make them feel that they have to.

I'm not sure I buy that. Excluding those that are force fed, we all choose what we put in our mouth. We make that choice based on what we want most.

Wanting a Big Mac and eating a salad because you think it's healthier isn't much different than wanting 2 Big Macs and only eating one because you think two is too many calories. It still comes down to what you want most.
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My motto is it's life, enjoy it and do everything in moderation. I have made a lot of changes, eat healthier and make better choices...but....I definitely do not eat like that all the time. If I didn't eat the foods I love, I would never make it. I really believe that I have been so successful b/c I allow myself to eat what I want from time to time and I don't deprive myself, binge and get upset. It's a lifestyle not a diet for me and life happens so I am going to enjoy it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    33lbs down in less than 4 months eating, like everyone says, whatever I want in moderation :)

No. A lot of people deny themselves the things they want to eat because others make them feel that they have to.

I'm not sure I buy that. Excluding those that are force fed, we all choose what we put in our mouth. We make that choice based on what we want most.

Wanting a Big Mac and eating a salad because you think it's healthier isn't much different than wanting 2 Big Macs and only eating one because you think two is too many calories. It still comes down to what you want most.

Buy it or not it's absolutely true. Yes it's about what you want most but many people don't understand what choices have what effects.

You can't deny with a straight face that there are people out there who think they have to eat clean to lose weight.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Buy it or not it's absolutely true. Yes it's about what you want most but many people don't understand what choices have what effects.

You can't deny with a straight face that there are people out there who think they have to eat clean to lose weight.

No, I suppose not. MFP has taught me that some people are much more clueless about food, weight loss and nutrition than would ever have imagined before joining.

But however misguided their reasoning, they eat what they want.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I don't eat clean. I've heard of people who only have veggies grown from their own garden or only organic stuff, or make sure nothing they have has nitrates in it or high fructose corn syrup, blah blah blah.

Don't get me wrong - in a perfect world, I'd love to be able to have the time, effort, money, etc. to be able to do that. BUT this is not a perfect world, I'm human, and human's are fallible beings. That means that I have to do the best with what resources are available to me and what effort I'm willing to put into it.

I'm willing to have cheeseburgers without the buns. I'm willing to get grilled chicken instead of fried, to have pretzels instead of Doritos or French fries. I'm not willing to give up cake because it has regular eggs in it (instead of free-range or organic, or whatever they're called) or because the frosting has butter in it - I just don't have it all the time like I used to, and try to plan for it if at all possible.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I dont think i would be able to maintain a healthy weight by eating clean as i love food too much!! I dont feel i am on a diet most of the time now as i eat whatever i want and try to fit them into my calories. Veggies and fruits come into play when i have almost reached my calories goals for the day and i am hungry :blushing:laugh:
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight eating whatever....just less of it and exercising. Now that I've lost the weight I have certainly picked up better habits when choosing my food and fitting into my diet. Eating fruits and vegetables vs. chips and burgers doesnt make you lose weight, but I sure feel better when I do. I very rarely get ill, and I have a lot more energy than I did with a diet of fast food and microwave meals. The eating "clean" movement is more about overall health than losing weight IMO. Not saying its the gospel tho. I still eat what I want, I just want different things more now.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Me
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You dont NEED to eat clean to lose weight, although it IS healthier for you. My doctor recently told me if I wanted to lose weight, use portion control. He said the size of your 2 fists is the amount you should be eating each meal. It is the right size for your stomach and wont stretch it out. GOOD LUCK!

I just started eating off smaller plates. We usually use paper plates at home so I bought the dessert plates. Hoping it will help me with portion control.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have lost all of my excess body fat not eating clean. My main focus has been on eating and drinkiing less calories than my body needs. If and when I exercise it is for physical fitness. I drink water and other liquid drinks and eat foods with water in them to stay hydrated. So far it has been working great for me.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    What I would find interesting:

Given that the majority of people regain the weight they lose, are people who "eat clean" those the ones who keep their weight off or is it those people who don't eat clean?

I think most of us here have lost these lbs before...the killer is in maintaining the weight loss.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What I would find interesting:

Given that the majority of people regain the weight they lose, are people who "eat clean" those the ones who keep their weight off or is it those people who don't eat clean?

I think most of us here have lost these lbs before...the killer is in maintaining the weight loss.

They're mostly the ones who eat clean, because their dietary changes are unsustainable in the long run.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I did..back in 1987. Kept it off by cutting portions and exercising. BUT, I have a better body now at 40 than when I did at 15 when I lost my weight because I eat much better these days. Much better results from eating better and I am capable of doing more physically than I was when I was 15!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm lost lots of weight on every diet imaginable. But, the only way I've kept it off (I want to lose a few more lbs for sports) is by clean eating. I have more energy, no cravings and I just feel like being active.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs so far eating whatever I want.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I did. Eating clean(er) is probably better for your health, but for JUST losing weight, calories in v. calories out is all that matters.

This. Calories in VS. calories out. Simple. :wink:
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds and kept it off by eating the same stuff I always did, just less of it. Now I'm working on the rest