Tattoos?

Options

Replies

• Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I have about 9 and they are all awesome of course! Superman Tat! A symbol meaning power, strength and balance My 3 sons names, a cross, a sun and a woman inside the sun. I will get more and they are placed where you can't see them unless I am wearing a tank top.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I like them :-) I have one that my sister drew for me. I'm hoping to get another in honor of my boys. Maybe I'll get my husband to grow some balls and get one as well.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think tats look great on young, hot, sexy people, male or female.

When middle-ager's (like myself) get them in obvious places...well, they just look silly to me.

I don't have any but I liked tats a lot more when less people had them.
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would say about 75% or so of my body is covered in tattoos. I guess you could say I like them. People tend to stereotype people with tattoos. I think it is funny the opinions people have of them. To me a tattoo is the same as wearing your favorite t-shirt, earings, or shoes. Just something that shows who you are I guess. When the **** hits the fan and you call 911. I am the one who shows up. People do not really care that I am tattooed in that situation. But I guess it is hard to have a respectable profession covered in tattoos...
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have 2 very strategically placed and well thought out tattoos,

My man has four.

We're both getting another one soon,

It's personal preference, I don't get how some people can suggest it makes people look like criminals ... I have two and have never broken a law in my life!!! Maybe I'll just stereotype about people who hate them and say they are all *kitten* who have no consideration for personal choice :-)
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 now. I got a tattoo when I was 20 under my belly button of an arrow pointing down. Tasteless? Yes! Did I cover it up? YES! I finally got a little Tinkerbell to cover it up. 40 years later it is all stretched out and is a messy blob!

NO PIX! :laugh:

I work in ICU and have seen a few of the arrows pointing down - all in your age group. Some say: "Insert here". It was probably funny at the time. I look at some of the tats on young people and wonder what they'll morph into over time.
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I got this one to remind me to never give up. This applies to everything. Food, friends, job, health. Just hang in there because it's gets better.

tumblr_mqfqn6yHgQ1qaxu0io1_500.jpg

Not to be mean, but... this is a joke, right??
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    Tats are trashy and low class. Only criminals and degenerates get them.

2nsyidi.gif

^^THIS, couldn't disagree more... think they look great on guys
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I have 2 very strategically placed and well thought out tattoos,

My man has four.

We're both getting another one soon,

It's personal preference, I don't get how some people can suggest it makes people look like criminals ... I have two and have never broken a law in my life!!! Maybe I'll just stereotype about people who hate them and say they are all *kitten* who have no consideration for personal choice :-)

hahahaha, loved this response!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Don't like them for me or on a man at all. I'm preppy to the core so just no on me. I like classy, sophisticated, perfectly tailored Brioni/Canali/Zegna suit wearing to work and preppy on the weekend type men. Tattoos fit nowhere in that equation.

To each their own though.
  • HealthyBy_42
    Options
    I like them but only have one (so far) My husband has none with no interest in more LOL
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Don't like them for me or on a man at all. I'm preppy to the core so just no on me. I like classy, sophisticated, perfectly tailored Brioni/Canali/Zegna suit wearing to work and preppy on the weekend type men. Tattoos fit nowhere in that equation.

To each their own though.

hahaha. I too, am preppy and classy and date similar type guys who *gasp* also have tattoos. :wink:
  • daftthoughts
    Options
    I like tattoos, and while everyone is free to get them for whatever reason and of whatever design they please, I'm a strong advocate of getting meaningful tattoos.

I have one on my lower leg. It's very important to me because it's in honor of my best friend, who died very suddenly without identifiable cause when he was only 24. He would have been 27 this year. He was the only person I felt comfortable drawing with. He was a very creative person who didn't let life get in the way of his dreams. To represent who he was to me, and what I cherished most in him, his brother tattooed a paint brush on my leg with a banner holding the date he died.

Because his brother drew it on me, it has made it even more special to me, even though I'm not very close to him.

I designed and drew the brush myself, so the tattoo is unique as far as I know (perhaps not in concept, but that's okay!). I may elaborate it in a few years, but it depends on the occasion. Something really special has to happen for me to get a tattoo.

For those curious, here it is (sorry for the poor quality):

0kVP4Sw.jpg
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Don't forget prostitutes!

My husband is covered in them - arms, legs, torso - including one of my face on his chest.

He is suited & booted 9-5 so it is funny to see him on the weekends in a vest & shorts. Or the expression on faces of people that have never seen him out of a suit before.

People have crossed the road to get away from him which cracks me up because he is such a gentle, intelligent guy.

Have dated loads of guys with them, too.

I have a couple, but my first one was lasered off after a decade when it started to bleed & fade. Now many friends have them - and full sleeves - but I am not so fussed about getting another.

One of the most hilarious things I have seen was the queue of people to get on a flight to NZ from the US. You could spot it was the NZ flight as almost everyone in the line had a visible tattoo!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hate them and despise the fact that I have one. They are trashy, skanky and ugly.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love them, have 6 already. I am planning on a sleeve through the next two years. My bf has tattoos and is planning a sleeve as well. His is super cool, it's all his favorite childhood video games... currently he has sonic, assassins creed and dead pool. I have butterfly (which was my first tat at 18), tiger lilies on my back, stars on my foot, "amor vincit Omnia" on my back with a ying yang heart, a cute little purple bat on my wrist and my dad's memorial piece on my upper arm. tats are hot as $h!t! Lolz.
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Lol degenerate checkin in ;)
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options

Lol degenerate checkin in ;)

^^^this!
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    ANOTHER degenerate, checkin' in...... Love 'em! Most of the time, you get what you pay for. Something to keep in mind for those who are thinking about getting their first one.

DEGENERATES UNITE!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment on Saturday to add to my trashy, classless, degenerate *kitten*.

ETA: Not tattooing my actual *kitten*