Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• DoingThiisForMe
    Options
    I wish I'd get this promotion...

I wish I would have done this weight loss thing a long time ago and were finished with it..

I wish I would have known how many calories I actually eat in a day. I was super conservative today and still mage to consume well over 2200 wtf???? I didn't even eat anything really is what it feels like?

I wish I was married to my ex and we had little him's lol
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Skinny - glad to hear the quad is finally healed and you can run again. The weather has been beautiful here too. Have fun at the IrishFest Saturday! Banking extra calories is super smart.

BJ - I'm so happy for your successful bike ride - including going uphill - your PERSONAL BEST so far! You said some really nice things about the people on this thread!
    And its not important for everyone to do personals - we know we each think well of each other and want the best for each other!

Angelika - CONGRATULATIONS on your TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!! And congrats on keeping your 90 LBS. off. You are incredible woman with a lot of willpower, strength and fortitude. It wasn't easy for you, you didn't have an easy life while you were losing weight, but you did it. Your a shining example to the rest of us!

Laurie - between workouts, treatments and chiro visits I hope your knee gets in shape and stops giving you pain! I'd like to see you get your wish to participate in the run on Saturday as you wish to run! Enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

Susan - :laugh: I bet I check the board 5-8 times a day - and Facebook - and Pinterest - etc etc etc :laugh: I need a job!

Marca - I like your idea to "end the race as colorful as possible" - that sounds glorious. Let us know what you do! You're an inspiration to me. It makes me think that maybe, someday, I might be able to at least walk a 5 K.

DoingTHis - Lots of wishes - I hope you get at least one! (you pick!)

So I got my 40 goblet squats done last night before dinner. Whew, that made me feel better! Today its the arm workout. One of these days I'll start posting a schedule.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Tom~Love the quote yesterday, so true!

@Holly~I think we all have parts of our lives we wish we could do-over. I think though, for our mental health, it’s important not to dwell on “what might have been” but rather look forward to “what’s going to be.” It’s fun to plan for the future, gives you something to look forward to. :wink:

@ushkii~Good to see you, just take it one day at a time. You got this! We are all so busy and we worry about helping others, but we need to stop and take time to take care of ourselves – it’s important for our mental health and our physical health. Checking in on the thread is hard for me on the weekends, I tend to glance through but don’t always have time to post. It’s easier for me to post first thing when I get to work in the morning before the day gets under way – always intend to check back throughout the day but it doesn’t always happen.

@Marca~I ditto what Karen said regarding your races.

@Robin~Sending good thoughts your way for your friends surgery today.

@Karen~Martinis are my weakness too! The cruise I took last year had a martini bar on the ship – enough said! :laugh: Irishfest sounds fun.

@BJ~Another awesome NSV, it’s the little things like this that tend to keep us motivated.

@Anglelika~Happy two-year anniversary, great job!

AFM~Great session with trainer yesterday, we did some different things along with the deadlifts he warned me about – those are evil, my hamstrings are killing me this morning! I haven’t been able to do those since I hurt my back, so far so good though. Something has gone right this week – I’ve managed to eat more and increase my protein (had 171g yesterday – highest ever). I was really hesitant to get on the scale this morning, but wanted to see how the week was going and I was pleasantly surprised. I don’t want to jinx it so am not saying anything yet – I could hit another milestone tomorrow though. :wink: I’m wearing smaller clothes (okay, 2 sizes smaller) at work today and have received so many compliments about how thin I look – love hearing that!

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Monday~Rest Day DONE! :tongue:
    Tuesday~Elliptical NOT DONE – too tired. :yawn:
    Wednesday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Thursday~Arc Trainer – not sure how long, have 6pm meeting.
    Friday~Was going to go to gym, but have too much to do after work
    Saturday~Elliptical at home (I hope), heading out of town early for the day.

Have a super day!
  • sirtxt
    sirtxt Posts: 39
    Options
    Morning All,

Not sure what is going on... I have not been able to sleep lately - averaging about 4 hours a night. No drama or stress at work - I dont get it. I am walking 3.5 miles a day outdoors once the sun goes down. So, I feel like I should be able to sleep after working all day and getting in my exercise.
    I am tired and my fuse has grown short!!!! But, I am proud of myself that I am staying faithful to my program and exercise.

Maybe tonight I will sleep - anyone have a xanex they care to share?

LOL

John

I just want to
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    John – not sleeping definitely wears you down QUICK! If it continues, you should see your doctor and at least try ambien. I swear by mine and can’t sleep without it most nights. Sometimes our minds just don’t know when to stop. Congrats on keeping up with your work out though, that’s awesome! Good luck on sleeping tonight

Kah – Hearing the compliments is the best feeling in the world isn’t it? You’re doing awesome – keep up the hard work and it will keep paying off

Top – You can definitely do these races and you will do them both well! Good luck – I’m rooting for you!

Susan – I’m addicted as well – I probably check MFP more than facebook now! I’m loving it!

Laurie – maybe one day I’ll ride like you ; )

Skinny – I hope you have a great time at your festival this weekend : )

I registered the boys for school today. I was very impressed with my youngest son’s teacher – it’s the first time that has ever happened. My oldest son’s teacher seems like she will be ok, she just seems very concerned about his ADHD. She asked several times about his taking medicine for it. I am very blessed, both boys are VERY smart (too smart for my own good) – they make all A’s and B’s and are both in the gifted class at school. I don’t want anyone to judge his because of his ADHD and I feel like that happens all too often. I’m sure it will all be fine : )

Thank you all for your positive remarks!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    RobbinsEgg – Thanks for you kind words, you really do a great job on leading the group! I will try to log and try to log truthfully.

Skinnyjeanz – So true, thanks. I need to schedule or make time for logging because when I did I lost weight. Thanks for the advice, as usually you guys are great.

Kah – Thanks for the encouragement and I know I have to spend some time on me but… you know it is hard to slow the busy day and think sometimes.

Laurie – I will try to visit more, and log because I know that works. Good luck healing I hate Knee problems.

Logged yesterday, yuck. Oh well that is were I am at. anytime is a good time to start (again). This thread is so great. love reading it, just don't always have the time to reply like I would like to.

Plan, return to logging, start walking, drink water.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. I cant seem to get it together this month. So much sad stuff going on and then I thought I pulled a muscle on my right side last friday but now not so sure as the pain is getting worse and not better with time. I should probably go to the dr but I hate doing that as my experiences with them usually end in me paying for an office visit and tests for them to tell me it might be this or that but we arent sure. It is the only proffesion in the world were we are expected to pay for guesses and there is no money back garuntee if they are wrong. Ah well life goes on. If it doesnt stop hurting soon I will break down and get it checked out.

Top I am so impressed on you running two races back to back. I am sure you will do great.
    Robin I loved hearing about the day with your car. It is wonderful when karma kicks in like that.
    Skinny the dress sounds really pretty.
    Laurie I hope your knee stats feeling better soon.
    BJcamp loved the nsv. I love it when I can suddenly do things I couldn't before. I like that feeling ecen better then scale losses.
    Kah you totally deserved those compliments. You have worked so hard to get the excellent results you have gotten.
    To everyone I am so proud of all you are accomplishing and so grateful to have you all here to lean on and help me through this process.
    If the weather cooperates with me I am hoping to go to the lake today and use the little wake board I have to lean my sore upper body on and just kick my way all around the lake to still get in some exercise. We will see how it goes. I would try the pool but the lap lanes are ususally full and hard to get. Have a great day everyone.:heart::heart:
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Morning All,

Not sure what is going on... I have not been able to sleep lately - averaging about 4 hours a night. No drama or stress at work - I dont get it. I am walking 3.5 miles a day outdoors once the sun goes down. So, I feel like I should be able to sleep after working all day and getting in my exercise.
    I am tired and my fuse has grown short!!!! But, I am proud of myself that I am staying faithful to my program and exercise.

Maybe tonight I will sleep - anyone have a xanex they care to share?

LOL

John

I just want to

John: I know the feeling. Last couple of nights have been terrible for me as well. And the last couple of days it has been harder to get up in the morning. Maybe it is because it is cooler outside and I want to stay under the warm blankets:)

Lisa
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Thursday truth- I hate moving!:grumble:

I ate better yesterday so I’m hoping to keep that going. I am getting more exercise because of moving the hardware engineering lab.

Susan- I forgot to measure the CPAP hose but will try to remember tonight.:blushing:

Quote of the day: - “It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” ~Old Chinese Proverb

Tom
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Thursday truth: I cracked under the pressure. I was so ridiculously stressed out and i knew i needed to eat so i went to the closest place which was wendys and got a burger. Oh well what is done is done. Tomorrow will be a better day.

My whole week has just been all messed up by things just popping up. Hopefully next week will be more normal. I fully intended to go to the gym this morning but my alarm clock decided not to go off. Not only my extra early alarm but my normal alarm didn't go off either leaving me little time to take care of Deputy this morning. Thank goodness for younger sisters who have time! My middle sister talked me into starting to casually date so after putting it off for 2 weeks i have agreed to having coffee with someone. I'm surprised the poor guy is even still interested after me one night just breaking down and admitting what happened with my ex and how i am still holding out hope so I feel like I kind of owe at least him meeting him for coffee. We'll see how it goes. :ohwell:

I was going to do personals but after my stressful day I can't remember what i wanted to say.

Have a good day.
    Helena
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Kah - I hope your hammies are starting to feel better by now - those deadlifts are something to be PROUD of! As are all those compliments you gathered by wearing smaller clothes - you go girl :drinker:

John - Whoo - lacking sleep IS stress, so you are stressed, John. I have all sorts of questions like how soon after your walk are you going to bed, and are you showering after your walk and is it a relaxing shower or are you in a rush, because all those things could factor in. I'd recommend you develop a real relaxing routine for yourself that calms your body down if its pumped up from the walk before you go to bed....just some thoughts I'm throwing your way.

BJ - hope the boys have a good school year. :flowerforyou:

Ushkii - you've got a great simple, easy to follow plan there.

jt - hope you feel better and hope the weather permits and you get to the lake.

Tom - I'm glad you're getting some exercise even if you hate it! :wink:

Helena - what a lousy week ! I'd be so mad at that alarm clock :angry: ! But that's good news about the coffee date coming up -its always nice to meet someone new - I'm quite impressed that you're up for the challenge. Good for you!

I had my appt. with the lady at Voc. Rehab and she told me that she could have me working within 2 months with 90% certainty. Its just amazing the work they are willing to put into a person to help them get back into the work force. I'm going to be positive and NOT think about that 10%! This would, of course, be part-time work, I can't work full-time, but the added income would be wonderful.

So far, have not heard how my friends surgery has gone.

Also, I did my upper body work-out tonight. WOOT!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: I was on auto-pilot today and went almost double over my allotment. I had 1000 calories at lunch in a cafeteria and then was going to eat light but my daughter called and asked if I was on my way. I had forgotten that I had promised to take my granddaughter out for her birthday, because she was going to be out of town on her birthday. Since I didn't get back until Monday, I have been one day behind all week and was thinking this was Wednesday. I did eat moderately but I still went way over.

I did take a long walk after I got home. Hubby was nice enough to walk with me even though it was late. Taking a sleeping pill and turning in early. Hopefully I will get up in time for water aerobics tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is massage day. Hubby is going out of town and will not be back until Sunday, which is our anniversary, which we are celebrating next week. Six years and still happy.

Sunday, I am going with my grandson and his girlfriend to see his Dad's grave and they asked me to take their maternity pictures. I have no idea how to do that but she has ideas and my precious great grand Mae will be with them. I didn't get her this week because of scheduling issues.

USKII - Good to have you back. Steady does it. Just focus on one day at a time.

Kah - Glad things are going well with you. You deserve it because you are putting in the effort to be sucessful. Two dress sizes, how fantastic, you deserve the compliments

Jtconst - Hope you get to feeling better

BJ - My daughter is a teacher and unfortunately she tends to label people, including her own children. That can turn into a self fulfilling prophecy so you are right to monitor the teachs attitude

John, that must be going around because I am having the same problem. I agree with others that it might be the weather. I discovered total darkness helps some. Hope you get some zzzz's tonight
    Morgori - I stumbled back pretty far today

Helena - One misstep does not define you. Sounds like you are under a lot of pressure. Maybe, you should reassess your goals to see if they are realistic at this time. Be kind to yourself first

Robin - 40 Goblet squats, I'm very impressed. You do such a great job of motivating everyone of this site. Hope your friends surgery goes well.

TopsMarca - I love your reasons for the races. You are such an inspiration. Keep on keeping on.

Katrena
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    The knee is doing better and I was able to jog on it today. My trainer only allowed me to run 3 laps so 3/8ths of a mile but at least it didn't hurt. Then I ARC trainer and that also felt good. Tonight I went bike riding around a local park so 9 miles completed. This course was more hilly but the speeds going down were fun about 22mph, otherwise only traveled at 10 mph. The ride felt good but I had to be careful going up hills. Today was super nice so I just had to get outside and enjoy the weather, low humidity, temps in the 70's etc which is rare for MD in August.

JT- You should get the pain checked out since it is getting worse instead of better.

John- I hope you can sleep tonight. I too have been dealing with sleepless night. Think about your routine before going to bed and find a way to relax and start shutting down your brain.

Truth- I have managed to eat smaller meals for dinner this week and the signs are pointing to a success later this week. I also don't want to jinx it so I will just wait and see what happens.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: The scale is evil. I have got to quit stepping on it every day. I know those daily fluctuations are going to happen yet I get myself so worked up. I need to focus on my monthly loss and not the day-to-day changes. It's soooo hard though.

@ Laurie - It sounds like a nice well balanced work out. I'm glad you were able to run a little bit, but it sounds like a nice steady bike ride too.

@ Robin - Keeping my fingers crossed on the part-time job. I know a little extra income would really help. Plus, it helps to get out and meet folks too, which sounds like this would be a good place for that too. I know you can do it!!

@ John and others - Sleep seems to be an issue for many of us. I wonder why that is or do you think it's just people in general, i.e. stress, work, life in general, etc. . .? I know mine is part of my sleep apnea issue and I haven't been using my machine. I do take a melatonin each night and that really does seem to help me.

@ Katrena - Luckily, tomorrow is a new day. With your hubby out of town, perhaps you can really take time to focus on you. Plan your whole weekend with healthy meals, exercise or take a walk with a friend. Also, Sunday sounds like it will be very special and sweet that they want to share this special time with them. Enjoy it!

@ Kelley - Smiling!!! When people have made comments to me before, but instead of saying thank you I always make a comment about how much more I need to lose. I need to start saying "thank you" and taking the praise. You deserve every single compliment. You work HARD!!!

@ Tom - No worries, but I appreciate you looking. I have the longer tube, but there's a smaller tube attached to it that goes to my mask. This is the one I need to replace.

@ BJ - We know our kids and we know the types of classrooms where they will thrive. I learned my lesson back when Cyrus was in 1st grade and I have been an advocate ever since. With Cyrus' ADD, I never told the school. He's been on an extra release so I give it to him before he leaves for school. I didn't want an "extra" label to follow him either. Cyrus is the same. All A's & B's as well, but he didn't make gifted in elementary. They tested him every year, but he always misses on the creative side, but I was OK with that. For middle school, they did put him in all accelerated classes though. I'll be curious to see how he does changing classes and having different teachers. He's got the messiest desk. How he ever gets things down and turned in on time is a miracle! There's a method to his madness that's for sure.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys--
    Long day today. Went to work in the morning to meet with a colleague to plan. The good news is we got our first unit for AP planned and made all of the copies we need for the 1st day of class. We then went out for drinks and lunch. I then had just enough time to come home and let gunner out before I had to meet some other friends for happy hour about 45 minutes away. We got a few apps that I barely picked at b/c I was still full from lunch (but I still logged those bites!). Happy hour ran long and I didn't get home until after 9. I was hungry b/c I hadn't really eaten dinner, so I had some left over turkey and some cottage cheese (my diary was low on protein).

Thursday Truth:
    I was 578 calories over goal today--good thing I banked those 654 calories yesterday! :wink:

Going to bed, will catch up more tomorrow. :yawn:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today was a long day, and I am up in the middle of the night per usual. My 10 oldest grandchildren decided to have a sleepover in my back yard tonight. When I went to bed, they were still playing outside. When I got up a few minutes ago, I found the floors and couches covered with kids in sleeping bags. I can't see anyone outside. So much for that idea.
    Friday is to be a girls' day. We are going fabric shopping for some things that DD needs for her new house, then going to lunch. Eating out is a challenge, but I have been under calories all week so I should be okay.
    Here's hoping that you are all tight asleep right now. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Just heard about my friends surgery - all is well, the surgery was successful, the eye is spared, he is in ICU and he can pee!
  • Lori0510
    Lori0510 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Several insomniacs in the group today! I couldn't get back to sleep from my nightly visit to the restroom - my brain started thinking about the things I didn't finish from work yesterday and what I need to do today. So I figured I may as well just get up and get some of it done, which I did before checking in with MFP.

I continue to be so surprised by how many calories food items are. Like someone said on the thread yesterday, I wish I had been paying more attention sooner. I'm glad I'm doing it now, but am learning that planning is key! And I can't eat the same way or same amount that my husband and sons do!

Went on 2 walks yesterday - 1 in the morning and 1 late afternoon. The poor dog was completely exhausted after the 2nd one. haha. Clearly he needs to build up his stamina too. It felt good to be able to do that, but my knees are sore today. I'll have to make it a point to get to the pool tonight to get my exercise in and give my knees a rest.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday! Log in your food and drink your water!!!!
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well I guess when I am up during the night I should join everyone for a nice chat here. Having trouble sleeping as well. My bones hurt and I have a million things on my mind. Does anyone believe that stress causes your body to retain water? I feel so bloated the last couple of days so I stepped on the scale this morning, sure enough it says I am up 2 pounds. Which I know is water weight. I have been stressed at work and try not to bring it home. not working.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    TGIF!

Okay, all I can say is thank goodness the bathrooms at work have handicapped rails – hammies still killing me! LOL I really need to stretch.

I’d say a fair amount of us definitely have sleep issues! I have a ritual and have discovered that I really need to STOP playing Candy Crush on my phone before bed – what’s worse is that if I wake up in the middle on the night and can’t sleep I’ll play it. Okay, I’m addicted! :laugh: Those blue screens are so bad for trying to get your brain to shut down.

@Helena~I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much, we all have days (or weeks) like that – the fact that you had a burger and not a couple plus fries, etc. is a great accomplishment. We all have slip-ups, just have to learn by them, accept them and move on. I think it’s good for you to get out with other guys too, so enjoy that coffee and the company! :drinker:

@John~I feel your pain. There are nights I only get 4-5 hours of sleep and it really makes for a very cranky Kelley the next day! You could try melatonin or if you like tea, drink Sleepy Time Tea or Sleepy Time Extra tea about 30 minutes before heading off to bed – it does help and is part of my “ritual” on occasion.

@ushkii~You’ve got a great plan put together, baby steps.

@Robin~Terrific news on your friends surgery! You have really stepped up the strength training, so proud of you. :flowerforyou:

@Laurie~Great news on your knee, I’m glad it felt good for a little running and through your bike ride. Are planning to run the 2k on Saturday?

@Susan~I can’t weigh every day, there is too much fluctuation and it just makes me angry. So I weigh 3 times – once at the beginning of the week, Thursday, then officially on Friday. Sometimes I put it away for a week or two also – to keep me from throwing it! :wink:

@Kaye~LOL at the sleepover, kids never seem to last outside overnight! As a kid I had sleepover’s in my parents RV and we’d still find ourselves back in the house by 2am. :laugh:

@luster~Yes, absolutely stress can cause water retention. Stress is a big factor on so many things – it causes high levels of cortisol which inhibits weight loss and if it goes on for an extended period of time can lead to adrenal fatigue (something I suffered from last year). It’s so hard to get our brains to shut down at night, I have to force myself to turn off computer’s, the TV, and to stop playing a game on my phone or I’ll never fall asleep (even with ambien and melatonin). I also have a 10-month old Maine Coone who gets lonely in the middle of the night and brings her toys into my bed – no matter how much play time we get, with her it’s never enough.

AFM~I’m going out of town tomorrow morning to spend the day with my grandmother who is at home on hospice. So need to do Friday Fitness and Saturday Success today, not sure I’ll have time to check in tomorrow. It’s been a decent week and it reflected on the scale this morning with a 4.4# loss. What?! :noway: I haven’t had a loss like that in months! I was elated to say the least, it also puts me at the 120# loss mark. No exercise plans for today, have some running around to do for my grandmother after work and need to get oil changed before 75 mile drive. No food challenges this weekend, I’ll stop by Subway for b’fast and grab a sandwich for lunch – my mom will be coming by in the evening with salads from Chick-fil-a so I have meals for tomorrow planned.

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Monday~Rest Day DONE! :tongue:
    Tuesday~Elliptical, not done. :yawn:
    Wednesday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Thursday~Arc Trainer, did intervals on my ellip at home instead DONE! :bigsmile:
    Friday~None, running around to do
    Saturday~Ellip at home, maybe - depends on time I wake up.

Make it a good Friday!