ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    OP I have checked your diary, you do not log consistently, if you want it to work like it has for thousands of MFP users then use the site properly.

It will be sad for you if you give up, but if you do, then you only have yourself to answer to.

Your choice and your life...there is lots of support on MFP you can take it or leave it ?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    First, take down Beyonce's pic as your profile.

Thank you for enlightening me (I'm so not "into" pop culture at all). I was looking at the pic and saying "OP doesn't need to lose that much weight!"

So OP, hows about you switch it up a bit. That's what other folks do when they hit plateaus.

I was stuck stuck stuck at a weight, eating at a deficit, doing cardio and no change in weight. Then I changed my cardio from 20 mins of steady state cardio to 20 mins of HIIT cardio. Boom! Few months later I was 10 lbs lighter.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Why are you sending friend requests if you've officially given up?
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

Whine whine..it's taken me a year to lose 6 pounds.

also, this.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Have a snickers. You know how you get when you're hungry.
  • landodewd
    landodewd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1235277_612408395456078_346820929_n.jpg

What would have happened over the last 9 months if you hadn't been doing all you've been doing? Would you have gained 10lbs? Would your health have improved?

Thanks I never thought about it like this!
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    Has the original poster even responded once? Or is everyone just randomly arguing their point to the other people who probably already agree with them on this post?
  • mrschrisc1
    Options
    I totally agree.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Trolling at its finest
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I'm not convinced that you would be posting on here if you 100% wanted to give up; I feel that maybe a small part of you just needs encouragement...?

I completely empathise- I am down to as few calories as I can eat- between 600-1000 cals a day as I am desperate to kickstart my weight loss- I am 3 stone overweight so really should be losing weight but for some reason I'm just not. I understand how you are feeling and how frustrating the journey is.

In your heart of hearts, you know that if you leave here completely your weight will slowly creep up.....so why not take time to really read the huge number of responses that you have had, and just keep trying. One day at a time...remember that it's not about short-term dieting, it's about looking after your body and being as healthy as you can for the rest of your life.

Good luck. Thinking of you xxx

600-1000 cals a day?? No, just no! Educate yourself please, for the sake of your health.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I am down to as few calories as I can eat- between 600-1000 cals a day as I am desperate to kickstart my weight loss

You're doing it very, very wrong. You're doing it so wrong that speaking about your current diet is actually a violation of the community guidelines.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

I completely empathise- I am down to as few calories as I can eat- between 600-1000 cals a day as I am desperate to kickstart my weight loss- I am 3 stone overweight so really should be losing weight but for some reason I'm just not. I understand how you are feeling and how frustrating the journey is.

No, no, no, no ....just NO! :noway:
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is still going on?
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I got no FR. I suck.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Under eating is possible so you can stop banging your head against a wall and open up your mind instead.

Its called metabolic damage... Explain how someone can eat only 1200 calories, work out 6 times a week and still not lose weight. Your body is smarter than you are, dieting is all about figuring out your body, however you can only cut calories to a certain point before your body thinks its starving (which technically it is) and it slowly shuts down your metabolism until you basal metabolic rate is practically 0.
    Maybe you're not eating enough.

*pounding head against the wall*

No you're not! I'm standing behind you pounding both of our heads into the wall!!! :huh:

Why on earth would someone that is clearly not in a deficit want to eat more food? How does that work exactly?

I can absolutely explain it. She's not eating 1200 calories. Period. There are a lot of people out there that eat back there exercise calories not knowing exactly how many calories they burned. The machine or MFP tells them they burned 600 calories when in actuality they only burned maybe half that. MFP can very accurately give food calories and macros because they are all the same for a chicken breast for instance but two people doing the same exact exercise are going to burn something totally different. I've seen it to many times. And I agree it is possible to do damage to your metabolism, but you show me one person who has damaged their metabolism eating 1200 calories. That is nowhere near too low for a woman.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I got no FR. I suck.

That statement might get you a few FRs.
  • cosmosgirl91
    Options
    you could be gaining muscle..do measurements! that way you will know for sure if you are losing anything.. measure your waist, hips, chest and any other areas you want measured and chart them down every week. I hope you don't give up. Good luck in whatever you decide!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    you could be gaining muscle..do measurements! that way you will know for sure if you are losing anything.. measure your waist, hips, chest and any other areas you want measured and chart them down every week. I hope you don't give up. Good luck in whatever you decide!

I see this is your first post, so I won't scare you off with snark but we've already established this is not true.
  • VictoriousLion
    VictoriousLion Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't much about you, because your profile and diary are private... but don't just give up. You came so far, initially. You won't always see fast results and you learn along the way what you may be doing wrong. You can do it with hard work and patience, don't just throw in the towel.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Take a GOOD, HONEST look at what you're eating...You're kinda eat crappy food....and those "QUICK ADD" calories, what are they? All WHOLE and good foods can be found on here, so what gives with that? What is happening on the days you just don't log at all? You can work out 7 days a week but there must be consistency and honesty in your diet for you to see results, period.

The only person you're cheating and hurting is yourself.

Reevaluate your goals, your diet, your calorie intake, and your workouts and make a plan that you can actually be accountable to.