ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through 14 pages of comments; but I did check your food diary and you are not eating your 1500 calorie goal ... no where near that. Perhaps before giving up, eat what you should. Some days you either don't eat or you don't log, either way ... go back to the basic .... look at your diary yourself when you lost the 14 pounds and see what was different then vs now.

Never, ever give up on yourself!
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I gave up too many times to even count, which is why I have spent almost my entire adult life overweight. Now that I have found the things that work for me, I wonder why its taken me so long...

One of the reasons is that I really never thought I could succeed. Losing weight and being thin was like an impossible dream, and in my mind, it was never going to happen. That is why it never did...I put my own roadblocks in the way.

Are YOU putting roadblocks in YOUR way? Are you sabotoging your own efforts?

Instead of giving up, get determined. Find out the cause. Why isn't this working? Are you counting your intake calories correctly and are you being honest about them?

Losing weight is 85% diet.

See a nutritionist. Have your thyroid checked. Keep trying. Otherwise, you're just a quitter, and you will gain nothing by quitting...except more weight.
  • kaylang78
    Options
    UMMM.. maybe you're eating too little and putting the body in starvation mode? Up your calories. EAT MORE AND YOU'LL LOSE WEIGHT.Where will you be if you give up?Ugh!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    In the interest of maintaining this thread length people should stop blaming their Thyroid for everything. The thyroid is an easy thing to control and to check.
    The woman did open her diary and she eats crap, often eats under 1200 calories. I know we slow down when we get close to goal so sometimes changing things up helps but many times you just have to wait out your body. Those fat cells are in there screaming fo r you to feed them and plump them up. Deny those flat cells long term and they will eventually give up....I hope!!
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    UMMM.. maybe you're eating too little and putting the body in starvation mode? Up your calories. EAT MORE AND YOU'LL LOSE WEIGHT.Where will you be if you give up?Ugh!

AAAHHHHH!!!!!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

AAAHHHHH!!!!!

I second that "aaaaahhhh" !
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Well the ladys still logging so maybe she got something out of it :o)
    Yeah: attention.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    go-home-ferris-bueller.gif
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options

AAAHHHHH!!!!!

I second that "aaaaahhhh" !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H7CGkRxSANI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH7CGkRxSANI
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! This is going to turn into the longest thread... about nothing!!!!:frown:

I just thought that when I saw it pop back up in popular threads. :grumble:
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Well i got something out of it - that topic about starvation mode is a myth and eating under a calorie deficit will lose weight.

You're the same chick who tried to discount IIFYM and *****ed about it not working when you did it wrong... So now you feel like you can listen to someone? It's not exactly accurate info though. Good luck with that.
  • leslilippthomas
    Options
    And in the long run you ARE HURTING????? WHO?? Ohhhh YOU???!!!! OK.......
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

FTW!
  • ksherbak
    Options
    Thanks for so publicly giving up! Thanks to your public defeat and the LONGEST thread ever...I have evaluated my calorie intake, up my treadmill incline (to13.... woo!), vowed not to eat all of my exercise calories in case I've made an error and have renewed motivation! Western Caribbean cruise for Christmas with confidence.....here I come
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well i got something out of it - that topic about starvation mode is a myth and eating under a calorie deficit will lose weight.

You're the same chick who tried to discount IIFYM and *****ed about it not working when you did it wrong... So now you feel like you can listen to someone? It's not exactly accurate info though. Good luck with that.

Yes, I am the author of that topic. To clarify I thought IIFM did not make sense, so I did a test and "thought" i was doing IIFYM, however, turns out my experiment was wrong. And yes, in the past week, actually on page 12 or so, of this very topic, someone put up a link to the starvation myth and what it would take to lose weight (calorie deficit) and it was a Eureka moment. Amazing but true. I do believe starvation mode according to that article explains it. You're free to disagree with it though.

Of course, I can listen to someone, you must have thought I am one of those closed minded stubborn people who dont learn. but i do.. sometimes faster, sometimes slower, sometimes with disbelief at first, but then if its true, it will sink in.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    do a juice fast! guaranteed to kick start some losses. Then give up sugars, processed food, you'll definitely get results.:heart:
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I will hazard some guesses:

OP = (or was) perfectly healthy
    OP has been eating way too little
    OP has been going at the cardio way too strong

OP should:
    1. gradually start eating more (increase 200 calories per week)
    2. stop doing cardio more than three times per week, unless she has a cardio fetish, but then need to eat more
    3. pause eating more at 2000 calories and ride it out for a month
    4. after that gradually decrease/increase calories by 200 every 3 weeks depending on what the scale says
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options

FTW!
    If you're still confused, I'll be happy to explain the term "attention wh*re" for you.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Did you stop to think that its because you hit the perfect weight and fitness level for you body??? You look amazing and curvy. I wouldn't want to go any skinnier and be bony. I am just saying that when I lost weight before, I was determined to get to my prepregnacy weight of 118. I could not for the life of me eat healthy and do everything right (like it sounds that you are doing) and get anywhere below 122. With that being said, I was hungry everyday and didn't feel so healthy. It is just not the weight my body wants to be. So I gave up... years and years later and ups and downs with my weight and I am back again but this time is for good. Don't stop being healthy, drinking water or exercising... But maybe you could work on maintaining what you are. At least for some months. I am telling you that the maintaining part is the biggest challenge to over come. Stay strong and try to get a better perspective on things. YOu look amazing!!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    yikes, that is not very nice. Just saying.