If you want results, you need to eat CLEAN, like so...

Options

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Eww. Just because you can eat large amounts of junky foods doesn't make it good for you body.

You're right.. must be why my body is complete slop.

That's ridiculous. Really. In no way is your body 'complete slop' - you do look a little light for your height, though and could perhaps do some with more fat on you? What's your BMI? Your shoulders look fab and muscles really defined - cute face too!

Perhaps cut down some of your workouts? Hang on to a few more calories? Way better shape than me though!
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    That's ridiculous. Really. In no way is your body 'complete slop' - you do look a little light for your height, though and could perhaps do some with more fat on you? What's your BMI? Your shoulders look fab and muscles really defined - cute face too!

Perhaps cut down some of your workouts? Hang on to a few more calories? Way better shape than me though!

I may or may not have been sarcastic in my statement.

but thank you for all those kind words :smile:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Eww. Just because you can eat large amounts of junky foods doesn't make it good for you body.

You're right.. must be why my body is complete slop.

Maybe he should do a juice fast, eh, HIldy? I've heard you recommend them.
  • jw_lefebvre
    jw_lefebvre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This thread is wrong on so many levels. First of all, I was intending to be bashed over the head with why I should be eating clean. 2nd, I haven't at lunch and this thread makes me want to run to the closest Krispy Kreme (about an hr 1/2 away) to get some fresh warm donughts.....and then stuff a burger w/bacon and cheese between it (and I don't even eat meat). :laugh: I'm so done. You guys make me sick.

Eat whatever you want so long as you make your macronutrient profile and are eating enough "good" food to get your proper micronutrients

I'd like to state that there is no such thing as "good/clean" or "bad/dirty" foods. You can gain weight eating to much of anything, eat too many fruits you will gain weight. Eat to many cookies you will gain weight. Eat to much lean chicken and veggies....you will gain weight. My point is everything in moderation...nothing wrong with have 300-400 calories a day dedicated to a sugary snack. In the end I think it will allow people to maintain their diets longer without breaking down and going on a binge.

There was no comment necessary, but thanks anyway. I agree, balance is key! I'd enjoyed the thread started by the OP. Had a great lunch, and will probably stop and get some donuts later. I'm outtie! :wink:

lol sorry was not directed at you, just some of the earlier posters...just happened to click on your post as a quote
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

I may or may not have been sarcastic in my statement.

but thank you for all those kind words :smile:

Oh sweetie! *sad face* I didn't mean to prick your bubble.

Seriously about the fat... I went out with a bodybuilder when I was young (this was before electricity) AND when he had no fat on him (B4 competitions) that was the time he was cold, miserable & always seemed to get the flu/gastro problems. People's bodies need fat on them. Jewish mother rant over! :wink:
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to try this every 10 years. At 24 years old, and 34 years old at 44 years old and so on and so forth.
    What are you expecting? That someone who eats donuts past 44 is going to end up unhealthy? I eat "junk" like that now at 49 and have been since I was at least 8 years old (frequenting McDonald's at least once a week up to now). Eating "clean" doesn't ensure that one is going to be healthier, but does make it easier to reach nutrient profiles. I choose to mix both together.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Easy there cowboy...

I am not expecting anything... that said, if you did a little more reading you would know exactly why I asked the question. I'll make it easy for you though... here were my responses.

"Just how the body changes with age. At 24 my diet looked a whole lot different then it does now at 41."

"IMO the "need" to eat clean is very individual. I still eat a lot of the foods I ate when I was younger... just not as often. Don't really notice it much with body comp as I do performance in the gym."

As you can see, I was clearly speaking from my own personal experience, nothing more.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

PieSupernatural.gif

:laugh:

I know it's a tv show and all, but I've always wondered how he stays so fit considering all the time he spends sitting in the car and eating pies and burgers.

Honestly though, I have a hard time eating donuts after trying the local farm apple cider donuts and the ones that Whole Foods sells here. So much better than KK or Dunkin Donuts.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    I guess i'm too dumb to understand all of this

I'll join you...lol.
    I always wonder if the people who scream " look how dirty I eat my 5000 calories a day and I am proud of it " know how truly ignorant they really are. Most of the time they are young males ( often under 35) who spend almost all their free time in the gym , eating crap literally as if there were no tomorrow.
    During my 37 years in the field of nutrition I have seen too many people have accidents, or get ill to be unable to exercise, or just stop because they actually get a life and are still eating 5000 calories and are proud of it., Or their genes no longer perform the youthfull job in their 50 and 60's as they did earlier and all of a sudden they have to deal with high BP, diabetes and other illnesses that are directly related to a poor diet and too many calories and turn out to be overweight......often a lot.
    We all know a lot of overweight people who were " star athletes " in their youth, or women who were a very petite size when they got married ( a bench mark for many women ) and know weight 3-4 times as much. I always wonder when people claim that this kind of not-very-intelligent way of eating ( and I am in no way saying people need to eat all " clean " ) does not affect them,. If they would spend any thoughts on their more mature years they would realize that they are not that kind of special snow flake, were the food they eat now won't have any bearing on how fit and healthy they are in 20 years from now.
    lol. just lol.
  • shuffy09
    shuffy09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For all your dounut lovers, you can come to NC and visit the home of Krispy Kreme. Maybe even run in their Krispy Kreme Challenge where you get what... DONUTS! You run 2.5 miles eat a dozen donuts and then run back.

Who wants in???

http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/ourstory
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    OK, I would definately run in that, to get a dozen donuts...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I like a good donut now and then, but a dozen in one day? Just. Gross. I feel sick even thinking about it... :sick:

ETA: I had cookies for breakfast. :laugh:
  • nirvanovai
    Options
    Men i don't really think thats a good idea, where are your fiber, your vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, healthy fats for the hormone production... Mean i know about IIFYM... But eat a bunch of crap and get fit its something, but being healthy and your other vital organs, your braing needs good fatty acids, your liver, your blood, bones and muscles need good source of protein (complete protein with all de BCAA'S) i mean not all the BCAA'S in each meal but in some most of the protein.. I think this is not a very healthy choice to go bro. You have results but, i mean its not healthy in a 100%... Just and advice bro... I'm a medical student and also a certified nutritionist, i being lifting weights since i was 15 years old all natural, i prefer to go 75% whole foods and the other 25% processed foods, sorry for my english Saludos. No hating bro.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    i prefer to go 75% whole foods and the other 25% processed foods, sorry for my english Saludos. No hating bro.

got some newz brah, that is IIFYM
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Good luck dude. I would be so sick of donuts after one day.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    What a boring day of food.
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    What a boring day of food.

Stomach disagrees
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I've never had a Krispy Kreme in my life :cry:
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    I've never had a Krispy Kreme in my life :cry:

I just... but... can you?.. I don't..
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    I'll throw in my .2 cents here but I already know most of you MFP keyboard warriors will probably tear into me...... but.........Im gonna say it anyway......

packing on a ridiculous amount of protein & calories does NOT pack on muscle. Your training is what makes you muscular....eating clean will make you leaner however building muscle is not a function of eating. Building muscle is an adaptation of an outside stress.
    you want to reduce your calories to lose body fat... not indulge in a calorie orgy. Again, I dont care what or how much protein you eat, its not the protein that makes you muscular, training is what makes you muscular.

We get plenty of protein thru a crappy diet, and vegetarians also get plenty of protein thru legumes, beans & lentils, whole grains & quinoa, 1 cup cooked quinoa has 18gr. protein. Tofu & soy products, nuts, seeds, nut butters, eggs, milk, cheese its all there.... so we are getting more than enough of our daily protein in our everyday diet than your body knows what to do with.. the trick is to get your body to utilize that protein to build muscle, and you do that only thru training.

The USDA claims that we need at least 60gr protein a day, thats more than half of what we need a day. The fitness magazines & websites wont say it because they're mostly sponsored by protein manufacturers. A cleaner diet will help lose any additional body fat which will make you look toned & lean.

Due to the complete ineptitude of this post, I should have known who it was that was posting it.

LOL, after looking at your profile pics dude, thats explains a lot... do you even lift bro?

Don't take personal stabs lol, it will get thread closed.