Not interested in my husband anymore

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    A trying time in your life?

Don't even go there.

I have lupus, a debilitating disease. It's a struggle for me to even get out of bed, let alone work out. Or cook. Or be in a good mood. But I do all of these things for my husband. Nearly every damn day.

You've gone on and on about how great your husband is and how wonderful your life is with him. So ... if you don't have depression, or some other kind of mental illness, then you are a truly ego maniacal woman. You have so much to be thankful for, stop your *****ing and moaning and enjoy your loved ones.

Please stop making the rest of us 23 year olds look like immature know-it-alls.

I am a know it all when it comes to lupus, I've had it since I was 14.

Your sushi is getting cold. And your movie isn't going to have a better actor if you wait.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    interesting reads:
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/15/science-of-love-robin-dunbar

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2011/03/hormones.aspx (further to my earlier post... maybe your husband's testosterone levels are dropping and it's changing the way you react to him)
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I think it is a problem with you, not him so I wouldn't do anything rash. Nobody will make you happy right now if this man you love so much can't. Figure out what is going on with you and work on that.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, I didn't read through all 10 pages, (I stopped after the first three, earlier, when there were only 3...) BUT- I just wanted to share this sentiment...

There's being "in love" and then there's love. Perhaps you are not currently "in love" (which is often intertwined with lust) with your husband? The good news is, you can fall in love with him again. It takes time, and it takes you relying on the underlying love- the choice and act of choosing your husband and marriage over your current dissatisfaction. We fall in and out of love with our spouses many times over the course of a marriage, and while some might not define it as I have, rare is the marriage where both partners remained as in love and passionate about the other as they were the day they wed. Like the moon, the *emotion* of love waxes and wanes and for many that includes sexual desire.

I doubt that reminding yourself of how amazing he is and how much he deserves a loyal, loving wife will help you much- it might be more helpful to remind yourself what attracted you to him in the first place. What about him did you find absolutely irresistible? What made you want him sexually? Figuring how how to make yourself feel that again may help things.

It hurts my heart that you're experiencing this (and, that your husband is too) and I wish I could help you more, but I'm not in your shoes. I only know what I've learned from my parents 35 years of marriage. :flowerforyou:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    And your movie isn't going to have a better actor if you wait.

LOL! Excellent
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you lost some weight and think you're too good for him now.

If you ruin things with your husband, have fun on the divorcee dating market.

Exactly what I was thinking
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

Don't even go there.

I have lupus, a debilitating disease. It's a struggle for me to even get out of bed, let alone work out. Or cook. Or be in a good mood. But I do all of these things for my husband. Nearly every damn day.

You've gone on and on about how great your husband is and how wonderful your life is with him. So ... if you don't have depression, or some other kind of mental illness, then you are a truly ego maniacal woman. You have so much to be thankful for, stop your *****ing and moaning and enjoy your loved ones.

Yes and please stop making those of us who have debilitating illnesses look like we are completely lacking in compassion.

Also, this.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options

Don't even go there.

:huh:

I wasn't referring to your lupus.

I'm referring to all the marriage advice, and now apparently fat-shaming that you're doing.

ETA: I also have chronic health issues. But it doesn't make me cool and I don't run around on the forums trying to solicit sympathy from complete strangers.

I got enough sympathy this weekend at the hospital. It drives me crazy when nurses apologize for sticking me, it's like just do it and get it the **** over with so I can resume my life.

Having lupus is definitely not cool. I have RA like a 60 year old man. During a bad spell, which is about once every couple of months, I'm puking and ****ting every thirty minutes because of my migraines and vertigo.

Today is one of my good days. Which is why I'm in a fabulous mood, here eating my Paradise Roll and watching The Matrix, even though I'm being bashed. :]
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    i walk away for 3 minutes and this thing blowsssss up! now i have to read all the way back... thanks everybody :mad:
  • kyleekay10
    Options

Don't even go there.

I'm referring to all the marriage advice, and now apparently fat-shaming that you're doing.

ETA: I also have chronic health issues. But it doesn't make me cool and I don't run around on the forums trying to solicit sympathy from complete strangers.

I got enough sympathy this weekend at the hospital. It drives me crazy when nurses apologize for sticking me, it's like just do it and get it the **** over with so I can resume my life.

Having lupus is definitely not cool. I have RA like a 60 year old man. During a bad spell, which is about once every couple of months, I'm puking and ****ting every thirty minutes because of my migraines and vertigo.

Today is one of my good days. Which is why I'm in a fabulous mood, here eating my Paradise Roll and watching The Matrix, even though I'm being bashed. :]

We get it. You have lupus. If you want attention for that, start a new thread.

I'm just kind of stunned today is a "fabulous mood day" for you, considering all the angry posts you've left here.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Don't even go there.

you are being "bashed" because your kindness and empathy seem to have been lost in the matrix...
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    That's just me being brutally honest.

People either love me or hate me. I'm cool with that.
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Don't even go there.

Here is a reality check for you princess. You are 23. At most you have been married for 5 years. You know nothing about keeping a long lasting relationship whole. You have had a hard life, so has 95% of the population. Maybe not in the same way, but yeah they have had crappy things happen to them. You want to know how to tell the character of a person? You take a look at what they do with the struggles that life has thrown at them. Here is what I can tell about your character: You are spoiled. You think that because you have this illness you are to be excused for bad behavior. Get over this, and fast! You are only 23 and you have this illness, so many people may just give you leeway for a while yet. They won't do so much longer and you will really start to know what a sheltered little bubble you have lived in. Stop judging others and start being gracious you twit.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options

Don't even go there.

you are being "bashed" because your kindness and empathy seem to have been lost in the matrix...

I'm saying what everyone else has said, many times.

But for some reason when I say it, OP gets pissed off. Doesn't make any sense.
  • wheird
    Options
    I am sorry that your lupus has made you bitter and unpleasant. I hope that it becomes more manageable in the future.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    I am sorry that your lupus has made you bitter and unpleasant. I hope that it becomes more manageable in the future.

It's really a miracle I'm not bitter. and if you think I'm unpleasant, ignore me.

I have gotten so many laughs out of this thread, you wouldn't believe it. :]

Goodnight everyone.
  • kyleekay10
    Options

Don't even go there.

LOL, Mirey.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Whatever no one cares.
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options

People don't love you. they feel sorry for you. If you were older and wiser you would understand the difference.
  • wheird
    Options

No dear, you are not being brutally honest. You are being nasty. -I- am brutally honest.
This discussion has been closed.