Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! I now have something other than health to be motivated for.....I just got invited to low cost trip to Disney World in Sept. I have always wanted to go but because I love rides but never went because of my size afraid I would be told I don't fit in seats. I am going to change my ticker to reflect small goals...
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    yay!!!! Congrats!
  • gev90744
    Options
    Hi everyone was wondering if it was too late to join the group. Was doing great with my weight loss then with stress of nursing school I gained more then I expected. please let me know if I am able to join such a great motivating group
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I've been cutting out most carbs. Except those that come in fruit and veggies. But I'm not all hardcore or anything. Occasionally I will eat rice or a piece of bread. But mostly I've been avoiding things though. I lost more than three pounds in a week, but actually weight loss wasn't my goal. I'm really tired of all my PCOS meds. I want to see if I can get off almost all my meds in the next year. Since I have insulin resistance, carbs really hurt me. So I figured it was my best choice. It's interesting though, one of the side effects is that I've stopped sweating. Isn't the strange? I can't figure out how it relates but I don't mind it :laugh:

Todays goal........go to the gym. thats about the only thing I can commit to at this point...

That's plenty for me! As an introvert, I hate going to the gym. It's a trial every time lol
    Woohoo!!! I now have something other than health to be motivated for.....I just got invited to low cost trip to Disney World in Sept. I have always wanted to go but because I love rides but never went because of my size afraid I would be told I don't fit in seats. I am going to change my ticker to reflect small goals...

I weighed about 275 when I went to Disneyland and I fit on everything I had an inclination to go on. But you will be miserable with the walking, so it's still important to lose weight.
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    Hi everyone was wondering if it was too late to join the group. Was doing great with my weight loss then with stress of nursing school I gained more then I expected. please let me know if I am able to join such a great motivating group

It is NEVER too late :) Welcome!!
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    I just walked 6.5 hours a few weeks ago in NYC.....I felt it the next day!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today I have decided to simplify my MFP goal for the next few weeks. I will continue to as much of my regular walking as I can and log my food. That's it. The rest of my goals are all written in the form of a list of things that needs to be done before the family gets here next week. Today it is to get the livingroom and office emptied out so I can get new carpet tomorrow. That's about it.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Kaye! Great milestone!! I'm so happy for you.

walkingqueen- Yup, it sounds like he needs to fix your car and "take the bus" back to his new lady. You deserve better friends than that. AWESOME about the Disney trip! Maybe you will find your real prince charming there.... :wink:

ushkii- On the scale vs measuring - I say go a couple of weeks without either. Get baseline numbers, and just focus on how you FEEL. Once you start feeling good, and you are having to tighten your belt- then give the measuring tape a shot. Just my two cents. Glad you are back at it :drinker:

Kelley- I had my first (ever) mammogram on Friday (sorry guy pals). I understand it is necessary, and feel blessed that there is the opportunity for early detection BUT man oh man! That was the most awkward thing! :noway: I guess I had no idea what to expect. If I had to choose between the mammogram and the dentist.... hmmm tough call :laugh:

JessieJ- Getting to the gym is a WONDERFUL goal. Get in that door and you are halfway there. :drinker:

AFM- I worked out with the trainer yesterday. It was AWESOME. I love it at this place. Everyone is so supportive. One of the gals in my shared training session was also coming back later for the yoga (training was at 5pm, yoga at 7pm)- She thanked me for coming and said she was glad I was there. :happy: It is so nice to go somewhere that has real people working out. I had no idea I would actually meet new people... the other gyms I have been to are so plastic. I didn't really know how to log the stuff I did. The trainer had me go 2 minutes on the treadmill, then 1 minute on another exercise or machine/ alternating like that the whole hour. It was quite the workout. I logged it as circuit training, but it seems like way too many calories. I think I need a HRM. Yoga really helped balance me out later.... BUT then I had a ton of energy! This energy burst would be great, if it hadn't been 8:30 at night when I got home! :laugh:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Nicole~I always joke around that the twins are going for their annual amusement park ride. :laugh: I think I would rather do that than the dentist :wink: - yesterday was the first visit to have a crown replaced, my jaw is really sore today. It took me 2 hours to eat my salad at lunch :grumble: - so soup for dinner and soup for lunch tomorrow! I'm fine at the dentist for a regular cleaning, but anything else and I'm a wuss. :embarassed: It is so awesome that you have found a gym that you enjoy and are meeting people - yay!!!

@Holly~What a great goal to work towards! I think you've got the walking down since you walk so much already. You can do it!

@toots~I've cut out a lot of carbs too.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    went for a short chilly bike ride then raked leaves today....and have many more to do tomorrow
    having some problems with my heart so having to limit my cardio significantly.....so annoying. Hopefully angiogram dec 11 will have some answers. On hold till then :grumble:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen L-Hope the heart is nothing serious. Glad you had a bike ride today.

Kaye- You have done fantastic with your weight loss. 90 lbs lost is wonderful and reaching 175 is terrific.

Kelley- I hope your mouth feels better tomorrow. Crowns are no fun and my mouth also hurt after I had one.

NIcole- Great session with the trainer and then yoga. All that energy at night is my downfall as well for late night workouts but it feels so good. Workouts like those are difficult to log and HRM will help but are not always accurate. The calorie burned will also depend on the intensity you worked for each interval. Stick with the same exercise each time you log it for consistently there are other websites you can check out as well to get a average for calorie burned.

Goals- To get all my work for school done before Friday- including grading papers, SLO written, and a couple of meetings.

I am officially an aunt as of 12:34 this morning. Julia Odahlia Kinnamon weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 ounces and is 20 inches long. The picture is of my niece and me. I was able to spend time with her today. Everyone is doing well. She was named after Aunts in each of the families. I did enjoy my day off even through I did not accomplish any school work but I did make it to the gym today for a cardio workout involving: rowing, biking and ARC trainer plus walking and some weights.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--congrats on your new niece!!! :flowerforyou: I forget--is this your 1st niece/nephew?

@karenleona--hope the visit to the doc brings good news and clearance to get back to the cardio. :smile:

@nicole--glad you enjoyed the trainer workout! I would have also probably logged that as circuit training. An HRM can give you a better measure, but as laurie said, it's also just an estimate. I've learned from experience that cheaper HRMs are really no better than online calculators. My next HRM will be a more expensive one--I'm thinking one of the better Polar models. Unless I win another cheap one at this year's Jingle Bell raffle like last year. :laugh: <see my mammo comments to kelley below>

@kaye--I think that's a smart plan given how busy you will be. :wink: Congrats on reaching such a wonderful milestone!! :drinker:

@toots--what an odd side effect! :huh:

@gev--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@holly--what a great motivator!! I have a trip coming next summer, but I'm having a hard time keeping it in the front of my mind. :ohwell: Maybe once I get through the holidays I can focus on the fact that I will be in a bathing suit in front of many co-workers in June. :noway:

@jessie--that's a great goal! I didn't make it today. :grumble:

@kelley--wow, that's a lot of docs in one week! Loved your description of the mammogram! :laugh: Of course, I don't *love* the experience, but I've found it's much less uncomfortable now that I'm at a healthier weight. When I was at my heaviest, I had all of this extra fat above my chest and also on the sides of my ribcage (wow--that's attractive sounding! :laugh: ). I remember the technician trying to push it all into the clamp which made the experience somewhat painful. Now that it's just my boob that needs to get squeezed, it's not quite so bad. :ohwell:

@ushkii--I guess you have to ask yourself if it will be motivating for you to be able to check your weight. I'm a firm believer in daily weighing to keep myself on track. However, I know for some people measuring makes more sense. Whichever you decide, sounds like you're off to a great start!

@robin--thinking of you and hoping you're doing better! :flowerforyou:

Tuesday Goals:
    Like laurie, I also need to focus on grading. My main goal is to get through goal number 2 by friday. I had a hard time getting to the journals during the school day today b/c I had a lot of students coming in to do their test corrections and to get help on essays they are turning in on thursday. Tomorrow will be a bit better b/c my juniors are testing which means I'm free (student teacher will supervise them). I really need to get that student rec letter done as well, so that's my 1st order of business tomorrow.

The busy day today left me physically exhausted, so I skipped the gym and went to starbucks to grade instead. If I'm mentally tired, the gym actually makes me feel better, but when I'm run down physically, I have a hard time pushing myself to work out.

Grading goals:
    1. 53/53 Diction analysis (3 & 4) DONE
    2. 12/73 journal reflections
    3. letter of rec for a student
    4. prep Shakespeare monologues for this week DONE
    5. x/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6)
    6. x/53 Diction analysis (7 & 8)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Thurs--walk gunner (have a late meeting to attend)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (run 5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Kris congrats on your loss! :flowerforyou: You are doing great!
    nzenczak great you making your goal!
    nettie: what a great loss. Isn't it great all the extra energy that we're developing! That workout routine you're on sounds great!
    sjacobs: Sorry you had a bit of a tough week, but its wonderful about your daughter. You're a great role model and its fabulous that she wants this for herself. You must be SO proud of her. :)
    Susan welcome. This is a great supportive forum, hopefully you'll find what you're looking for here.
    Helena: Congrats on being so mature with your boyfriend. He gave you a nudge and you heeded and realized for yourself that you didn't need it! I bow at your feet, if my husband made any comment on what I'm eating at any time... I would take his head off. We have a deal... he can be supportive but not helpful. lol! I have control issues. :ohwell: I hope your mom is reacting well to the chemo.
    Laurie: I hope things are settling out with your Dad and I'm glad your hand is ok. Congrats on the marathon. Oh! and congratulations on your new niece!!! So sweet!
    TLH: Remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. lol!
    naceto: Hope everything went well at the doctor. Glad you had a great session w/ the personal trainer. It sounds like a great gym. :happy:
    angel4nature: welcome! this is a great place for friends and support!
    Michelle: let me know about the calorie shifting... I haven't heard of that before! :)
    Alupinsk: You are doing amazing! I was told by another member that after 90 days we had succeeded in a lifestyle change! Great job!
    Grandmakaye: Great hitting that milestone! Some are more important to us than others.
    Ushkii: I couldn't do this without the scale. I need the validation that what I'm doing is working. So that I know if I need to change something.
    mnwalkingqueen: That's a great motivation. I went when I was around 270 and some of the rides weren't comfortable. I actually wasn't allowed on one. grrr.:blushing: I'm planning on going again in 2 years. I will be on every ride in the park.
    kah! That description, put such a visual in my head! :laugh:
    Robin: I hope the medication helps and the rest is just your body fixing what's going on.
    Skinnyjeanz: Hope you are taking care of yourself too. It's a crazy time for teacher's at this time of the year. I read your lists and am amazed by you dedication. Kudos!
    I find the personals hard, so please nobody get upset if I messed something up.

AFM: My only plan right now is to survive Christmas season, so that I don't need to start over in the New Year!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Today I have decided to simplify my MFP goal for the next few weeks. I will continue to as much of my regular walking as I can and log my food. That's it. The rest of my goals are all written in the form of a list of things that needs to be done before the family gets here next week. Today it is to get the livingroom and office emptied out so I can get new carpet tomorrow. That's about it.

Kaye - This is a great idea and I'm going to do the same. I don't have carpet coming, but I do have 1/2 of the interior being painted, windows being washed, cleaning to do, shopping lists to make and of course I have to continue to work at my full time job at home as well. Logging and getting a walk in is all I feel I can manage to do in the midst of the chaos. Thank you for reminding me that sometimes I need to simplify and take one day at a time.
  • nzenczak
    nzenczak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday already. Why does the holiday season fly by so quickly? It'll be Christmas before I know it and I have not even begun to shop.

Had a session with my counselor yesterday. While losing weight is definitely one of my top 3 priorities right now, I'm also just in general trying to change the negative self-talk I've been giving myself my whole life. It has kept me from doing alot of things that I really would like to do along with my size. Anyways, we decided that my motto for right now is "Just do something!" I often let my negative self-talk paralyze me from moving forward and taking chances in my life and so my goal as of right now is to just give that negative self-talk the middle finger. Get moving, do something to better myself and my life no matter what negative thoughts I have or how scared I am. I can do this. :)

My wish is for me to face my fears and step out of my comfort zone so I can make a better life for myself. Hope you all have a great day!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone... been a couple of days since I checked in... Still a foul mooded Gorilla, still working on a new set of wheels and on getting my head on straight... the eating and drinking have not been the best but I am still kicking @$$ in the gym. Had a great workout last night... NROL really pushes me to my limits to where I get home from the gym and my muscles are all twitching and shakey. A good hot soak with some Epsom Salts does the trick though... still sore this morning and I know I will be really sore tomorrow morning! Love it!

mnwalkingquee- Awesome on the upcoming trip... I still get that fear at the amusement park, have not gone to one.

tootsanderson - keeping low carb is a good thing... but not sweating? That seems really odd

naceto - That is awesome about the new trainer and the good workout partners. That can really be an incentive to get yourself to the gym

Lauriek70 - Congrants Aunty!

p1xyn1xy - don't let Christmas season be an excuse! Focus on you!
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    Good morning all!! So I didnt make it to the gym last night...bummed! I ended up having a horrible night and went to bed at 10 no dinner...just angry...not a good way to end the day. I do love coming here in the morning and seeing all of your success's AND set backs. It is nice to know that there are REAL people doing the same thing I am doing!

So todays goal....eat dinner :laugh:

oh and hit the gym....

I have a four day weekend coming up...soooooooo there should be any excuses..right?!?!?!?!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Laurie~Congrats on your new niece, there is nothing better than being an aunt! My nephews (who are 6 and 4) will be here this weekend, I can’t wait to spoil them. :bigsmile:

@Karen~Its really hard for me to get a good workout in if my body is too tired, I try to go through the motions but my body just won’t cooperate. Sometimes we just need rest.

@Nicole~I wear a HRM for cardio but not weights, they aren’t very accurate when strength training. I have a Garmin, it was pretty pricey but wanted it for the GPS when I run outside so I splurged. There are others that work equally well and aren’t as pricey. Like Karen said, Polar has some nice ones – medium priced. I think my first one was the Polar FT7, it was around $50. The next one I bought was the Polar RS300X for around $100, it’s a good one (you can even use it when swimming). I upgraded to the Garmin last year.

@p1xyn1xy~You did great with the personals!

@nzenczak~Great wish for today.

@Gorilla~Snap out of it! :wink: Seriously, hope you get the car situation figured out soon.

AFM~Jaw is feeling better today. My Wednesday wish is for more sleep, been restless the last few days & I’m starting to feel it.

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, HIIT on elliptical DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Gym, training session (will be done)
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Gym, arc trainer/weights
    Saturday~Gym or walk outside (hopefully), remembered I have hair appt in afternoon.
    Sunday~Gym, training session
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish- That I can find new friends to hang out with so I am not so bored on the weekends along with finding a walking spot. I am so social that sitting home alone is boring. My car got fixed last night in silence...I couldn't stand to talk to this man not even pleasantries but car is now fixed. I am going to go look at puppy tonight that a family memeber took from another family member who couldn't care for it properly and they are trying to find it home so it won't go to the pound it is a german shepard.

@Nacto- Glad the gym went well
    @Toots- Sounds like the carb thing is working for you hope it helps get rid of the meds too
    @Karen L- Good luck with angiogram
    @p1xyn1xy- I survived last season by drinking lots of water while preparing food. Then when it was meal time I only took serving sizes of what I ate.
    @nzenczak- What a great goal removal of negative self talk.
    @Robin- Hope your starting to feel better
    @Gorilla- Sounds like a good workout
  • jessiej1980
    Options

Have a great time with family!!!!!!