The thread where people give really bad running advice!

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    You need to let your feet breathe while running - particularly long races. Don't wear socks - that's why there's mesh on your sneakers!

One of the best runners I ever knew never wore socks. And wore racing shoes for everything.
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    When running in hot, humid conditions the preferred fabric is cotton. It holds your sweat, cooling you better. :wink:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Your running shoes should be a half size too small. They'll weigh less and won't fall off of your feet.

THIS!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    :laugh: ..All the good one's are taken!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Don't drink any water before or after your run.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The port-a-potties at the race start will always be clean, have short lines, and have plenty of toilet paper, so don't worry about getting your dump out of the way at your hotel room.

And they'll smell like roses!
  • 1_JR_1
    Options
    If, while racing, you feel the need to shart yourself, don't stop at the nearest port-a-potty.... that feeling will pass. You'll only be wasting time.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Running shoes last forever.
  • arc918
    Options
    All your workouts should be HIIT - clearly the best way increase endurance is to exclusively sprint for 20 seconds at a time...
  • 1_JR_1
    Options
    I've found that women are motivated to run faster when I slap them on the butt while passing.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If you are running on a track, go in the opposite direction as everybody else. You are not a sheep.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Right before your run you should eat a 12 oz. T-bone steak and a heaping of mashed potatoes all smothered in mushroom gravy.

ETA: Now I'm hungry. :frown:
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you are getting injured- you should up your mileage!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Even though they tell you to wear your bib, you don't really have to. You're more than just a number anyway.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Run Naked. Like Pheobe from friends. Clothes\shoes are for the weak
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    aww heck, i can't come up with a good one...

except maybe:

insist on your right of way, motorized vehicles have to learn to stop for you, whenever you cross the road. :wink:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Where a back pack with a 50 pound weight in it.
  • 1_JR_1
    Options
    Do your speedwork through the ghetto at night. It's far more productive than running at the track.
  • arc918
    Options
    Be sure to bring your ipad to all your races. You'll want to stop and post updates at every mile!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Women should not run. They will gain too much muscle in their thighs and calves and will look like men.