Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend seemed to fly by but I did get in my workouts!!! :smile: Saturday I opted for To The Max Xtreme pre-mix, which felt good. Yesterday I only had time for STS so it was STS Chest/Shoulders/Tris and then off to Volleyball. When I got home the sun was shining so I took the kids for a walk. They loved it of course! Today’s workout is BootCamp. :wink:

Laurel: Great job with the workouts Friday …. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday with your mom & family! :flowerforyou: Can’t wait to hear all about it. Im sure it will be extra special.

Michelle: Sounds like Friday was an all out KB trifecta! :bigsmile: Nice work and great follow-up with some Yoga. Great job getting an early start on the grocery shopping as well. I did mine over the weekend …. Wasn’t too bad. We have decided to bring some “brunch” type food over to the in-laws and just stay for a couple hours, then DH and I will head home. It will just be the two of us & he will want to watch some football I’m sure. I’m hoping to find a girlfriend to do some shopping with maybe or? :ohwell: I can’t hang and watch football all day forsure.

Laurie: Yay for having the whole week off!!! :drinker: I was so happy knowing it was just a 3-day week this week for me. The whole week would be fantastic. Just to be off work. Great job with the XT workouts! That is the rotation that Laurel and I did and I really loved it. Such a good program. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: That is so amazing Laurie, you must feel like a million bucks. Not only reaching some fantastic goals in your fitness but some bonus gifts on top of it! Yahoo. You will get there! You are closer than you think I bet and I think XT will be a perfect way to do it. One thing I love about XT is the sequences of her workouts and the comprehensive weight work. Combined with some good cardio factor as well. :wink: How I have combined some of the XT workouts with this STS rotation is that we have an additional lower body day and upper body day added in. It can be whatever we choose. So XT has been a lot of times my “go to” for those two days. Thanks for the nice thoughts on my instructor. I do think it is so great she has remained very positive even from crutches and still BY FAR my favorite instructor there. A couple of us are planning on giving her a Thanksgiving “Thank You” because she is coming in Wed eve to do our usual spin class; not getting paid for it. Just for us regulars. Very thoughtful.
    You’re welcome for the encouragement. I see you there on my phone often and just like to send you a thumbs up! :wink:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,426 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I got all my shopping done, and XTrain Legs premix 3. That one is the longest at 81 minutes, but it sure does hit the leg from every area plus the delts. Tomorrow is Hardstrikes, and I really enjoy that one. I will be using my weighted gloves, just seems to give the upper body that added umph.

Tami, My puppy was having a great time in the snow this morning. You can see all the deer tracks, so she had to sniff every one of them. :laugh: Or at least it seemed so. Thanks for the information on the STS and XT, I will have to ponder what I plan on doing after this 90 days. That is something that has not changed about me, I still like to know what I will be doing after I'm done, I'm looking at either a Turbo Fire Rotation or a 5 month STS. Thanks for the Congrats, it sure was a surprise. I'm even more determined to get to my goal than I ever have been.

Laurel, Have a wonderful time with your Mom! I will be doing that on Friday, and it will be nice to see her. We have only talked on the phone since her diagnosis, so we are all ready to give her a big old hug.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was pretty good last night. A lot of core/planks, push-ups. We did some ladder drills for cardio. She had a ladder like in Asylum laid out on the floor and we had to do high knees, jumping jacks forward & backward, etc. At the end of class we did 100 squats with weighted bar, 100 push-ups & 100 sit-ups. :huh: This a.m. was STS Legs and tonight will be Insane-X for some cardio. :wink:

Laurie: Great job getting in that longer pre-mix with XT legs! :bigsmile: I have XT Legs on Thurs & XT Burns Sets all upper on Friday scheduled for this week! :wink: Looking forward to those. I bet your pup was loving it. Our dogs do that too because the deer of course come into the yard at night so when it snows they are going crazy with their noses. I’m with you on wanting to know “what’s next” (as you know) but I have to say you are the Queen at getting it organized in advance! :bigsmile: Maybe you could even do a combo rotation of STS and TF?!? That might be a lot of fun :smile: That’s great you will be with your mom as well, especially after her diagnosis and not seeing her since. How is she doing?

Have a great afternoon/evening ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,426 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

XTrain Hardstrikes is finished, dang do I like that workout. Now I have to get busy and get some of the pre-turkey day things going before I have to head to church for our evening service. Oldest has to work tomorrow until 1pm, so that isn't to bad. She volunteered for this, since she is getting more pay for working on a holiday.

Tami, sounds like a really great bootcamp! I'm getting in as many workout as I can before we leave on Friday. I will have the Low Impact workout tomorrow, and then take my rest day on Saturday. LOL guess I am the rotation organization queen, I will have to look at trying to combine those two. Since STS doesn't have cardio, and of course I'm not to fond of all the Shock Cardio workouts. I just talked to my Mom this morning, and she is doing really well. She is looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

I have been busy working and then this moring an early run to buy the ham and my apricot preserves for my secret sauce.:wink: I have been battling the PMs god and losing to ritz crackers:blushing: The weather is cold and rainy which coincides with my aching knee and lack of motivation, it doesnt help that all classes were cancelled at the gym.:grumble: My MIL and husband's nieces arrive tonight so after my short shift it is time to clean and start prepping some dishes.

Laurie- 81 minutes..yowsza:bigsmile: Have a great time with your mom.:flowerforyou:

Tami- Oh my 100 everything, is she doing the 300 workout?:laugh: Sound slike a workout my FIt instructor Becky would enjoy, hide that agility ladder.:laugh: It will probably be a quiet time here so I may rent Superman for the family movie and just relax as I work friday morning and all weekend, it seems like I may miss those Black friday deals.:ohwell: Then again I will shop online as I love that style of shopping best.:wink: Enjoy your thanksgiving with the family.

Have a great Turkey day but most of all give Thanks and celebrate all of the wonderful Blessings that we are able to celebrate.

Happy Thanksgiving Erika, Laurel, & Jessica!

Michelle:flowerforyou:
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies! :bigsmile: Missing you ladies and our chats:wink: I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! As I had mentioned before, ours was quiet but very nice. A friend of DH came by because he didn't have plans and currently going through a divorce :frown: so it was great to have him and he stayed for some football, dinner that DH cooked and just enjoyed having him. We did go over to the in-laws in the am for brunch and it was really nice. I made a Quiche and she had fresh fruit along with some Pumpkin Bread that I made as well. We have a lot of leftover turkey forsure but I made some enchilads with peppers & black beans tonight... Turned out really good! :wink:
    Did a little bit of shopping on Friday but not a lot...was a bit crazy out there :huh: I'm with you Michelle, online is best this time of year! :wink:

So workouts have been great :bigsmile: Thursday was XT Cardio Leg Blast Xtreme, Friday was XT Burn Sets, all upper pre-mix! Sat I wanted some fun cardio and I ended up trying the new Patrick Goudeau's Kickboxing Burn, it was a lot of fun. I really like the girl in it that leads the workout :smile: great cuing, moved right along and easy to follow! Today was our Volleyball tourney so I was able to get STS Chest/Shoul/Tris in and then headed out. We played 3 full matches and ended up 3rd! We were pretty happy with that. Our next league will start up in January.

Michelle: Hope you were able to get in some good family time & online shopping too! The BC instructor isn't doing the 300 workout you mentioned. She just randomly decides to have us do a set of 100 each sometimes of usually the squats, sit-ups & push-ups :wink:

Thankful for you all and your friendship along with the ongoing motivation & support you each give to me .... Thank You :flowerforyou:

Talk to you tomorrow, Tami
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed a great Thanksgiving. Our trip to AZ went well. My sisters and I actually had a lot of fun making Thanksgiving dinner together. I think it is the first time all three of us have been in a kitchen making a major meal like that. My mom left us to it, and in between trying to figure out where everything was and playing with different gadgets, we spent a lot of time laughing. But I must say......dinner was fantastic! My mom isn't doing very well, which was hard to see. But we all kept it as upbeat as possible and tried to make what we think will be her last Thanksgiving as special as possible.

But it was a very draining trip, and I am feeling it today. I did workout everyday we were there (and all weekend days since I last posted), taking only the days we were driving off. I am happy about that! Yesterday was back to STS with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, which felt great! I followed it with Athletic Step. Today was STS Legs, and I think that may be it for me. I have lots of errands to run and, like I said, feel completely drained right now. So cardio may have to wait until tomorrow. :ohwell:

Tami, sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving!! And it sounds like your workouts have been great as well! We are back on the same STS schedule! :drinker: I loved having that to come home to, because it really motivated me to workout both yesterday and today. I might be sitting on the sofa otherwise! :laugh: What a nice Thanksgiving message to us! :flowerforyou: I feel the same way.....so VERY thankful to have these friendships here.

Laurie, congratulations!!!!!! :drinker: What fantastic news about winning that challenge!! I am also so happy to hear you are enjoying XTrain. I think the upper body workouts are some of Cathe's best, and they are definitely some of my favorites to do. I think combining STS and Turbo Fire in a rotation would be so much fun. I still love my TF workouts because of the fun factor. Combined with the more serious nature of STS.....perfect! At least for me. :blushing: :tongue: I have no doubt you will reach your weightless goal! You are such an inspiration coming through your illness last year like you have done!!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Michelle, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family as well. How is your MIL doing? I imagine this is a difficult time of year for her, but I am sure she appreciates being able to spend time with you and your family. I am with you on cyber shopping!! I avoid shops this time of year at all cost!!!

Erika and Jessica, hope you are well!!

See you tomorrow.....hopefully with more energy!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

The holiday was nice and quiet with the in-law and nieces. We rented Superman for them and had a fun movie night. The next morning it was a short shift for me and then I just lounged while hubby went on a date with the youngest. The eldest is currently on punishment for her low grade in English:huh: so she had to stay home and write a paper on "A time you established a goal and the outcome and lessons learned in the process". She actually wrote an excellent descriptive referencing her last win and earned a B+, which confirms it is lack of effort on her part and socializing with her classmates.:grumble:

On saturday I was able to slip in a quick online stop at Neimans where I bought my mom this great weekend bag for her mini trips with her girlfriends. She is always talking about needing one and I left mine at her house this summer which I need to retrieve asap.:laugh: I also did grab myself a cute Michael Kors wristlet for my cellphone and a couple of credit cards in a black & grey snakeskin, so cute and perfect for hands free days.:blushing: This weekend was a lazy one due to my knee but then unfortunately I slipped on a wet patch in the laundry room in my fluffy slippers and injured my left hamstring and knee. Today I got on the treadmill for a run which became a walk & run due to pain and after 45 minutes I was limping off the treadmill for sure. I'm hoping to focus on running and pilates this month so I have to just do it.:ohwell:

Laurel- Glad to hear that all is well but I'm sorry to hear about your mom.:flowerforyou: My mil is doing okay but definitely seems to have lost her zest for laughter, etc, it has been a tough road of caring for my FIL, along with her life in general so it is sad to observe that even laughter is missing especially since we laugh so much in our home.

Laurie- Awesome job on the rotation. Glad to hear your mom is doing great.:flowerforyou:

Tami- Glad to see you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving with the family and your guest.:bigsmile: Enchiladas sound yummy!

Ok my break is over.:wink:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Good to hear from you and sounds like Thanksgiving was really good for you both! :smile: STS Legs this a.m. and BootCamp after work tonight!

Laurel: I can imagine it was very tiring with the trip (which to me traveling is always tiring) and the emotional end of things with your mom. I’m sure you do feel drained. Huge kudos for you to do your workout every day while you were there! :flowerforyou: Yahoo. Did you do some that you downloaded then? That is SO great. Congrats on making such a fabulous dinner with your sisters. :drinker: :bigsmile: I bet that was so much fun and what a treat for you all to be laughing and enjoying the special moments. I’m sure it meant everything to your mom. Sorry to hear she isn’t doing well :frown: That’s so hard to see. Good that you were all upbeat and positive. Yes, I think we are on the same STS schedule now!! :bigsmile:

Michelle: Sorry to hear about your slip on the floor & your knee still bothering you . .:grumble: . definitely some modified workouts while you are in pain (which you already know) so it sounds like you have a good plan in place with Pilates and running – if your knee feels up to that. :wink: Your Thanksgiving sounds like it was very nice with your family. I’m sure that is tough to have your MIL be so down. Hopefully she felt the joy & laughter with you guys and it helped a little bit inwardly even if she wasn’t showing much on the outside.

Hello Erika, Laurie & Jessica …. Hope you are all doing well and had a nice Thanksgiving.:flowerforyou:

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Yesterday, after running errands, I felt a little more energetic so I did get in a cardio workout--Kick, Punch and Crunch. It was absolutely the perfect choice for yesterday. Today I feel MUCH better.....so I did the X77 premix from Cathe's new X10 workout. Such a tough but great workout!! It felt good to push myself today.

Michelle, I am glad you enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving with your family and a good, productive weekend as well. Sorry to hear about the injury!! I did that this past September when I slipped on some water in our dining room....which is how I figured out our refrigerator was leaking. :grumble: Take it easy and do some light but good stretching. I had some PT exercises I had done way back when that I did as well, and those combined with the stretches and reasonable workouts had me back to normal within a week. I am so sorry to hear your MIL has lost her joy. As Tami said, I hope being around your family helps her through that. :flowerforyou:

Tami, the workouts I did in AZ were downloads. I took my floor discs, bands and a set of 8lb weights, so I did hard Strikes (the whole thing), Tabatacise combined with Travel Fit, and Cross Fire on the three days we were there. I love driving on vacation because it is amazing how much one set of weights can make a difference in a workout!! It also really helped loosen up my body when we got there because we left here in a bad storm so the tension of the first five hours of the trip combined with 13 1/2 hours in the car had me a bit tight!!! But Hard Strikes the next day worked wonders. Speaking of storms, I think we are getting a cold front from you again!! Our temps are supposed to drop 50 degrees from yesterday where we were in the mid-50s to Thursday when the high is supposed to be 8. :noway: And snowing. If you are experiencing the same thing, be careful!! I think both Laurie and Erika may have the same thing!! It is winter I suppose.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s BootCamp was pretty good, lots of squats & lunges, along with some upper body at the same time. She often squeezes in upper body with a lower body to maximize our efforts I suppose. :laugh: Sometimes it feel a little awkward . . .rear lunges with tricep extension or squats with chest press. This a.m. I was running a little short on time so for Cardio day I did X10, one of the 40 min pre-mixes and tonight will be Insane-X! :smile:

Laurel: Nice that you got your energy back so quickly! :drinker: I had no doubts that you would be up to regular speed by today forsure. Great job with KPC yesterday and X77 today! :bigsmile: AGAIN we reach for the same one …. Your workout being much tougher with the “77” premix but still . . . pretty funny! :laugh:
    Yes sorry about your weather :frown: We are at a high of 24 I think today and then dropping down tomorrow, next day etc. I heard on the news about your drastic temp drop. :noway: YOWSA. Bundle up. Thanks for sharing your workouts you did on your trip. It is SO great that you were able to do those and bring your weights as well. I’m sure the workouts did feel amazing after being in the car that long. Yikes. My ongoing interest with that of course is because I will be visiting my sister in LA for Christmas and once again wonder how I can get some workouts in. Not really an area I can go to other than their front room but then I will probably wake my mom who will be on that main level ….. outside maybe since their weather is always so amazing. We’ll see, but once I can figure something out it will be great.

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with STS Back and Biceps, and I felt really strong on it. I followed it with STS Med Ball Abs. Then I did the 60 minute premix from Party Rockin' Step 2 which includes all of PRS2 and two combos from PRS1. Fun, fun stuff! Felt like a really good workout today!! :drinker:

Tami, squats with chest presses? :noway: I can see where that would feel awkward, but I also think it would make you concentrate on both movements to control it. Interesting. Yep, we were definitely on the same page yesterday with workouts! :laugh: I really enjoy those X10 workouts. They are so versatile. Regarding workouts and traveling.....it is tough. Have you thought about Insanity? I love those workouts when traveling because they don't require any equipment or much space. Of course they aren't available on download, which is a bit inconvenient. I have done Cross Fire when traveling without weights (I have grabbed water bottles at times!), and it isn't as tough, but it is something. And it doesn't take too much space. Cardio Supersets is good because it only requires weights in two segments and can easily be done without. Again.....not too tough but better than nothing. Out of that LIS series, I also like Slide and Glide because it has both cardio and band work. Just some thoughts!

It is cold (11) and snowy today! I love it!! I think I will take advantage and spend the afternoon baking Christmas cookies for my husband's co-workers. Couldn't have a more perfect day for it!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Insane-X was tough but not like last week. She incorporated some jump ropes into each round and we did do a few sets of lines as well.:huh: Seems like we did have a lot of burpees though :noway: STS Back & Bi’s for me today but getting my hair done at 5:00 so no Spinning tonight. Looking forward to getting my hair done though …. Kind of driving me crazy lately. I think the cold static air doesn’t help either! :laugh:

Laurel: Awesome job today! :drinker: Sounds like it was the perfect tri-fecta for today!! What a great day to stay in and make Christmas cookies is right. :bigsmile: That sounds so nice. We don’t have the snow, just cold. I think the forecast is just for COLD weather, but no snow … yet. Thank you SO much for your suggestions on the workouts:flowerforyou: Maybe I will purchase at least one of the downloads and I do have TravelFit with the bands so that is quiet. If I stay in the house I need to be quiet as to not wake everyone :frown: so that is the only thing with an Insanity DVD being my "go to". In the a.m. is the only time I will be able to get in a workout with my nephews up and about. If I go outside then I forsure need it downloaded on my Ipad or something to follow along. OR I do the homemade workouts maybe incorporate some Insanity moves and bring my jump rope as well … again outside. We’ll see. I have a few weeks to figure something out.

Thanks again …… talk to you tomorrow! :smile:

Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

I have been moving these two days with a 50min Lb Pilates and Barre routine combining segments from Jessica Smith, Pop Pilates and a Fitness Blender circuit for a well rounded floor and standing routine. Today I did a Barre 3 with Sadie Lincoln and that was interesting but great because her warm up was a Yoga sequence which stretched my IT band nicely from yesterday's workout and then she started a Barre routine which was not the traditional flow usually seen in most dvds. Overall it was not a dread factor, well those standing knee twists were:blushing: but I was covered in a nice sheen at the end, so I will definitely look out for more of her work.:bigsmile: This friday I have a function with the wives and our gift exchange limits us to 10.00:huh: and I have no clue what to purchase at that price point, any ideas?

Tami- I also need to get my hair done as this cold weather is not helping me especially when I want to put on a slouch hat or beanie to keep my scalp warm with this short cut.:laugh: Oh the jump rope in the rounds sounds good but the burpees not so much.:wink:

Laurel- Yummy cookies, I'm not sure if my sweet tooth could tolerate the smell of fresh baked cookies in the house, although after that calorie scorcher you could definitely indulge no problem.:tongue: The snow sounds great especially if it is not too heavy to impede commuting, right now our temps have gone back to the 70's and with it heavy rains and fog, anything but the fog.:grumble:

TTYT,
    Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with Great Glutes, which I really enjoyed today. I followed it with the Scrambled Eggs premix from Body Max 2 which hit the legs a bit more. Then I did the core work from that workout since my ab/core work this week has been kind of light. The workout felt good today.

Michelle, what a great combo of workouts!! Sounds like a great blend of different styles. $10 gift exchange? Those are hard. My lazy fall back for things like that usually ends up being a Christmas ornament, but, anymore, nice ones are hard to find for $10. Other options might be a box of notecards (if they are notecard people), a bottle of wine (if they are wine people), something like a fleece throw (which I think you can find for around $10 at places like Ross or Marshalls), a candle, or a coffee mug (Michael's has some big Christmas mugs for $3.00) filled with chocolate or a packet of hot tea/cocoa/etc. Just some thoughts. Hope you have fun!! My secret when I make cookies is I leave just a couple out for DH and I to share....and the rest go right into the freezer since they are gifts. That way we get to enjoy a little......but not over-enjoy, which I have been known to do at times. :tongue:

Tami, sounds like a good class. Hope you enjoyed your hair appt. My hair isn't enjoying the dry air either. I have taken to trying to 'heavy condition' it a couple of times a week, and the lady who does my hair is impressed by the changes. But, sadly, it is time consuming and when I don't do it (like when we were in AZ last week) my hair reverts to the dry bird's nest that it usually is. :ohwell: :blushing: Anyhow, I have been meaning to bounce a thought off of you about Meso 3. I am thinking about substituting out the Squat Rack leg routines for other Cathe leg workouts. I would, of course, do the Plyo Leg routines as we have them scheduled. But as we get closer to Meso 3, I find myself dreading those really heavy leg routines where I have to strap on a weight vest and wrist weights (along with my dumbbells) for 6-8 reps and then those LONG breaks where I usually wander off to do some housework. :laugh: I have thought about doing our rotation as is one week out of the two we are doing each disk. But I have also thought about moving Plyo Legs to Monday or Tuesday (we currently have cardio scheduled for Monday and Squat Rack Legs for Tuesday) and handling Thursday and Friday like we are right now. That would eliminate Squat Rack legs all together. Anyhow, I just wanted to share this with you in case you wonder why I am going off-task come Meso 3! :laugh:

It is definitely cold here. We got to about -8 last night, and it is 10 right now. We only got a few inches of snow, which is good. To be honest, I am enjoying this weather right now. I like it to feel like winter around the holidays!! Of course, I haven't had to spend too much time out in it the past couple of days, so that opinion may change very quickly as I get busier today and over the weekend!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ The hair-do is feeling way better today! :wink: I heard I missed a fabulous Spin class but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do sometimes! :laugh: Plus we have our first of a few Christmas parties tomorrow eve. This a.m. was Pyramid Lower Body :wink: which felt great & due to no Thurs eve class I will be heading home right after work. Supposed to be 0 or sub zero tonight. It might feel kind of good to not be leaving the gym in those temps.

Michelle: Sounds like you’re getting in some nice Barre & stretch work! :smile: Yay. Hopefully your knee is feeling better?
    It is super hard to do a $10 gift. What about a Starbucks (always good) tucked into an inexpensive mug or Sephora gift card? They could try a new product or $$$ towards their favorite. I like Laurel’s idea of the fun throw blanket; we have had those before at our gift exchanges for staff. Always a hit! :wink: Funny you say that about the jump rope. A lady I know from work came to that class the other night and said that is the first time she has picked up a jump rope since she can’t remember when. She said she was dying, endurance and also couldn’t keep the rhythm going I guess. She was behind me so I couldn’t see her. 70’s sound absolutely amazing! :bigsmile: Hoping the LA weather is it’s normal temp when I am there for Christmas. Just having warm sunshine.

Laurel: Sounds like a really good combo! :wink: Some fun variety forsure. Nice job. The cookies sound wonderful and I am always impressed that year after year you make cookies in advance for gifts. It’s such a thoughtful gesture. :smile:
    Seriously you have practically read my mind on the Meso 3 Heavy Legs workouts. Not word for word here (that would be too scary) :laugh: :laugh: But I started thinking as I sometimes go towards heavier weight in leg workouts currently …. OMG, Meso 3 legs is coming right around the corner. Those LOOONG breaks, :frown: weight vest, wrist weights, etc is right. I often think of you doing your laundry or what not during those breaks because I remember you saying that before. Hilarious! I would not mind a bit switching to “other’s” + Plyo sounds absolutely perfect! I’m in. :drinker:
    I know what you mean on not minding the "wintery wonderland" weather this time of year. I like it to be snowy and crisp so it feels more festive.

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies, very quick check-in for me today as I am headed out to a Christmas brunch. But I got my workout in early, so that makes me happy. And I am taking fruit, so I know I will have something to eat! :tongue: I started my workout with Pyramid Upper Body today, which is always good. I followed it with the cardio combo of Hard Strikes (cardio only) and Turbo Fire 60. Fun!

Tami, yay for being on the same wavelength with Meso 3 Legs! I usually enjoy the heavy stuff, so I have always enjoyed Squat Rack Legs. But, like I said! I am dreading them for some reason right now, and I am just going to go with that!! Glad you are enjoying the new hair do! Did you do anything different? Hope you have fun at your Christmas Party. Yep, I end up baking every year, no matter how many times I say I am not going to. But, at the end of the day, I enjoy it, and I think my husband's staff and co-workers do too. At least I hope so! :laugh:

Cold again today. It was -16 when I got up but has warmed up to -3!! It is supposed to be a bit warmer this weekend. Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Thanks for the great ideas but unfortunately I should of asked last week because my town is soooo small that those stores are a 40minute drive away.:ohwell: After my youngest dental appt yesterday I went into a Burkes Outlet and found a figure 8 scarf in a leopard print and some black bangles to match that will avg around 15.00. I put them on hold as I had planned on going into JCP to see if they have gift sets out but the little one's mouth was so swollen that I felt guilty.:blushing: I love the coffee mug idea especially with a Starbucks giftcard and I also love the throw.:bigsmile: Yesterday was a KB circuit with Jessica Smith followed with a short Zumba class, then it was off to pickup my DD for her dental appointment. Today is my day off so I really hoped to relax and enjoy the rainy day while catching up on my recorded shows.:bigsmile: I hit the treadmill for a 30 min run and will probably do a Windsor Pilates segment this evening.

Laurel- The group is also hosting a cookie exchange but the last thing I need is a dozen cookies on the counter staring at me and the girls. Last week hubby came home with a dozen Krispy Kreme holiday donuts, although I do not like anything but plain donuts the snowman with white glaze tasted amazing with the carb monster nipping at my heels.:blushing: I will definitely look into the throw when I go back to the store and another option is even a coffee mug surrounded by two bags of Starbucks coffee.

Tami- Yikes on those temps and glad to hear that the hair-do is feeling better.:wink: The weather is suppose to stay in the upper temps until Xmas so you may have your wish, although it does not feel normal so I'm hoping that the temps drop for us while we are in Florida. Yes my Barre workout is feeling good and my knee is feeling better although yesterday's KB did bring on a twinge when I did some rear kicks.:ohwell:

This weekend there are no obligations to attend so I truly plan to just enjoy the slow pace with the kids.

Have a great weekend!

Michelle:flowerforyou:
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies – Workout today was Pyramid Upper Body, which is always a great workout! :smile: Headed to a couple holiday parties right after work. Really missing my pm cardio just from Wed & tonight :frown: but next week will be back to normal other than Friday. I’m planning on getting in a good cardio this weekend at least. Maybe not tomorrow but Sunday forsure! Volleyball is over for the first league until beginning of Jan. so I will have more time on Sunday a.m.’s :wink:

Laurel: Hope you had fun at the Christmas brunch. Sounds nice. :bigsmile: Great work getting the workout in before you left ~ fantastic cardio combo! Oh, and good pick on the upper body workout today :laugh: I’m sure it was lots of fun. Nice job preparing something you know you will eat. I have learned to do that as well. Our staff potluck is coming up and I am planning on bringing something hearty & healthy … maybe good Quinoa salad. Most of the ladies that attend bring really heavy foods or desserts. Nothing different with the hair, as usual it’s just a color touch up and trim. I’ve been wearing it longer this year and often think about “something different” but that would mean cutting it shorter most likely. So for now, same ol! :laugh: :blushing: Hope your temps do warm up a bit. That is TOO cold forsure!

Michelle: The scarf is a perfect idea, everyone loves a scarf & in leopard print, you can't go wrong there :wink: I hope you are enjoying your day off and good on ya for getting in your treadmill/Pilates workout prior to your R&R.

Hope you ladies enjoy your weekend! Talk to you on Monday :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo Ladies!!!

I have missed you all SO much! Our household had been insanely crazy, and unfortunately work has sucked any waking moment I have that isn't consumed with hockey or dog stuff. It's been very stressful and I'm considering quitting without anything else lined up. I do have a possible opportunity to do a PT paid position with the dog rescue, but I have to wait for that all to come to fruition first.

Workouts have been non-existant as we are rarely home anymore and I'm cherishing any sleep I can get right now, so morning workouts won't work either. Hopefully I can get back into it soon!

Sounds like you are all doing well and keeping up with the workouts, way to go!!! I am so proud of you ladies!

Gotta go...hockey time!

Erika