my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options

Replies

• PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't work for me. I work full time and I handle all of the money anyway. But if it works for you OP then by all means use it to motivate yourself.

Like others said if the money was coming from somewhere else I'd love that because then it truly would be extra money.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    yea, because no woman has ever said, honey...if you do this ill do that

For sex? Unless it's one sexual favor for another, then no. I'm not going to say, "Hey babe. I'll blow you if you take out the garbage and do the dishes tonight." not seriously anyways.

Ill do the dishes, take out the garbage and raise you one oil change ;)
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty degrading.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    This thread right here is why people need to lose weight for themselves, not other people or things.

:huh:

Thanks. I had no idea I should be losing weight for myself. That helps a ton.

Of course we are losing weight for ourselves. It's just fun to add another dynamic to it, especially since I'm very close to goal already and weight loss is slow and frustrating. :drinker:

Is it frustrating because if you hit that plateau, you dont get any favors? You never did answer.

We have a very satisfying sex life regardless of my weight loss. Thank you for your concern.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I live in a community property state, so this would not motivate me.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I make majority of the income in my house. So that wouldn't work... He watches the kids and cooks for me:)
    Course I would like more happy time but hey, baby steps.

Good luck to you!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion

Yes, this is totally accurate, because obviously women HATE sex and will never have it without some sort of incentive.

Yep.

(In all seriousness, man, I feel bad for you if this is apparently the only type of woman you've ever encountered. That must truly suck?)

never once did i say it was from personal exp....though it has happened on occasion it was not the basis of any sexual relationship. but it does happen.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My husband has offered sexual favors for every 2lbs I lose.

My husband does this too, but for every two steps I walk

muahahaha
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think it's repugnant, but really just posting here to follow.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to catch up later...

...and to post a link to an article on the husband who had a schedule of payments for "other services" (assuming it hasn't already been done).
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Although getting paid to lose weight would be a fun incentive it wouldn't have worked for me, my husband and I share all our money so it would be like paying myself!

What I did was declared that we would not go on another vacation until I hit my goal weight. It was a great incentive for me and my husband was more than happy to lend his support...he was dying to have a vacation! BTW, we went on a cruise right before xmas, a month after I hit goal!

So say your husband buys you a birthday or anniversary gift - do you not appreciate it because you two share all your money?

Good point! Because we share our money and I like to travel we don't buy each other gifts for our anniversary, xmas, valentines day etc. What we usually do is just go out for a nice dinner or treat ourselves with sex toys...whooops TMI. I just had a bday and I didn't get a gift from my husband because we were on vacation at the time in New Orleans. What he did instead was get up really early in the morning and ran out for beignets, something he knew I would love to have. So for us the focus isn't on the money spent but on gestures of love and appreciation.

Now to your point, my husband surprised me with an ipad mini a few months ago (no particular reason other than I had said I wanted one) and yes I'm aware that it's "our" money, but once again it was the gesture. I'm a tightwad and won't spend money on myself so my husband took matters into his own hands and went out and bought it.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Are you usually on an allowance? I find this offensive. If I want money, I withdraw it.

The same.

My husband treating me to a new pair of tits perhaps more so.
  • chaemd
    chaemd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yay, StarEKnight! You go, Girl! :smile:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    This is not creepy if in the right context. Even though my husband and I share our money, we each get a set amount each month for our personal money to do whatever we want with it. It is not my "allowance" - we decided on a spending limit together so that we can meet financial goals (pay extra on our mortgage, student loans etc) and I get more than him each month. Its called budgeting. I don't see how this is much different than when my husband and I decided that we would temporarily change our budget to allow for me to have personal training sessions to motivate me to get back in the gym.

I'm really not getting how people don't see that this is what's going on here. I don't know anyone who doesn't live on a budget. This is just an elaborate way of him giving her his share of the spending money, so she gets more and he gets less.

Money doesn't flow from the ATM like manna from heaven. There's a limit and bills, etc. He's giving her his portion of the leftovers. How is that creepy?
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Now that's the kind of motivation I could use.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I would so love that! I know it would help push me along! Good luck OP!!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

Nope...I agree. It doesn't seem like support to me but if it works...go girl go!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Just divorce him and you'll get half of everything he has without having to lose weight.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Although getting paid to lose weight would be a fun incentive it wouldn't have worked for me, my husband and I share all our money so it would be like paying myself!

Yeah, this. I'd rather have a baby for my efforts. :cry: