my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options

Replies

• RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    so if he is paying you to lose weight......and you happen to lose weight through sex.....does that mean he is paying for sex?

funny-girl-math-blackboard-thinking.jpg
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Take a chill pill, folks! I am a stay at home mother and don't contribute financially to our marriage, but we still consider the money my hubby makes ours. We make all financial decisions together and decide how to spend what he brings in. If my husband wanted to give me x amount of cash for the amount of weight I'd lost that I could spend any way I wanted, I'd say "Thanks, baby!", and I'd go buy some new, smaller clothes. I don't normally spend much on myself, so it would be great. Maybe that's the situation with the OP. Nobody asked her before they started talking about how creepy they thought it was. Good luck with your weight loss, OP!

chillpillplz.jpg
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Really? First of all, when you're married it should be joint funds. Second, you will need at least that just to buy a new wardrobe.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Take a chill pill, folks! I am a stay at home mother and don't contribute financially to our marriage, but we still consider the money my hubby makes ours. We make all financial decisions together and decide how to spend what he brings in.

You totally contribute! Your time is worth money. How much would you have to pay for child care? Or a cleaning person? :wink: And would taking a job (after taxes) cover those expenses? How much family time would you have and how much is that worth?

My boyfriend offered to open a bank account for me and put money into my "weight loss fund" but I said no thanks. It isn't a good incentive for me. I have found that if I am not doing it JUST for me, I feel guilty about stuff. And then I don't want to do anything!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options
    Take a chill pill, folks! I am a stay at home mother and don't contribute financially to our marriage, but we still consider the money my hubby makes ours. We make all financial decisions together and decide how to spend what he brings in.

You totally contribute! Your time is worth money. How much would you have to pay for child care? Or a cleaning person? :wink: And would taking a job (after taxes) cover those expenses? How much family time would you have and how much is that worth?

Thanks!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    nevermind
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Take a chill pill, folks! I am a stay at home mother and don't contribute financially to our marriage, but we still consider the money my hubby makes ours. We make all financial decisions together and decide how to spend what he brings in. If my husband wanted to give me x amount of cash for the amount of weight I'd lost that I could spend any way I wanted, I'd say "Thanks, baby!", and I'd go buy some new, smaller clothes. I don't normally spend much on myself, so it would be great. Maybe that's the situation with the OP. Nobody asked her before they started talking about how creepy they thought it was. Good luck with your weight loss, OP!

chillpillplz.jpg

Totally agree with this. Our money is both of ours but for some reason I always buy for the kids and find it easier to justify but get really stingy with myself. He may be trying to give her some incentive so she would feel better about spending the money if it is normally not in their budget. It sounds like she was on this journey before he offered, not that he just brought up one day he would pay her to finally lose weight.

That being said, I have already warned my husband that when I reach my goal, money will be being spent.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

chillpillplz.jpg

1) The idea that you don't contribute financially is crazy.

2) The idea that the money he makes is "ours" but that he has the power to hand you some of it as cash as payment for services is nuts.

"Crazy" and "nuts" interesting. So she's crazy?

I think the fact that you are so offended by this when you know what she meant by "financially" (she definitely contributes), and cannot understand that you are taking this way too seriously, speaks volumes.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options
    I must have missed something. Lol! Oh well!
  • jonnythan
    Options

chillpillplz.jpg

2) The idea that the money he makes is "ours" but that he has the power to hand you some of it as cash as payment for services is nuts.

I think the fact that you are so offended by this when you know what she meant by "financially" (she definitely contributes), and cannot understand that you are taking this way too seriously, speaks volumes.

I never said anyone was crazy, I am not offended by anything, and you don't get to determine what I'm taking too seriously. Nice try though.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

chillpillplz.jpg

I never said anyone was crazy, I am not offended by anything, and you don't get to determine what I'm taking too seriously. Nice try though.

I just quoted your words.* You seem awfully happy to judge other people's little arrangements in their marriages and rage about it for hours. But sure, you tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself when you're judging others.

* Which you deleted with an edit. That's a nice touch.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

chillpillplz.jpg

I just quoted your words.* You seem awfully happy to judge other people's little arrangements in their marriages and rage about it for hours. But sure, you tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself when you're judging others.

Pretty sure I'm reading "crazy" and "nuts" in the quoted part.

Very judgmental. Also a little misguided to think that a parent who stays at home with children isn't contributing. Plenty of stay at home moms and dads on this website who I'm sure just love to read that they're not contributing.

Not all contributions are financial. It's petty to think they are.
  • jonnythan
    Options

I deleted before anyone responded. You must have been typing your post when I deleted.

And yeah I've been "raging for hours." Look at me fuming, all over the place. I'm out of control.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

I deleted before anyone responded. You must have been typing your post when I deleted.

And yeah I've been "raging for hours." Look at me fuming, all over the place. I'm out of control.

You did get yourself in quite the knot earlier :flowerforyou:
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Love it - missyspring! Congrats on how much you've accomplished so far!!
  • jonnythan
    Options

I got mildly annoyed that someone on my friend list was straight-up mocking my opinion on a subject. The error has been corrected.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

I got mildly annoyed that someone on my friend list was straight-up mocking my opinion on a subject. The error has been corrected.

I love self correcting errors
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

It did remove a good bit of unnecessary and unwanted drama on that other person's wall. :flowerforyou:
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My hubby gave me a great incentive to lose weight. He said he would pay me for every pound i lost. 1-10 pounds $10 a pound. 11-20 pounds $15 a pound..21-30 pounds $20 a pound. Anything over 30 pounds $25 a pound. I need to lose 42 pounds. Gained the majority of the weight when i quit smoking. I can do this !!!'

Congrats on getting rid of the smoking habit - that alone is awesome!! Hope you earn lots of $$ in your journey to lose 42!! Good luck and keep us posted!!