Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Sounds like you all enjoyed the weekend. Friday night was fun! Everybody looked fantastic. The room was filled to capacity (935 people). The food was excellent (no easy task with nearly 1000 people). And we saw a lot of old friends from various assignments throughout the Air Force. My dress was floor length and black. I opted for black since it was a dreary day here. Almost every lady was in floor length which, for me, always makes the evening feel special.

So Saturday was my rest day and aside from some errands and chores, I rested in front of the TV with the Olympics. Sunday was back to STS with Chest/Back followed by X10's X62 premix. :heart: Yesterday was Plyo Legs followed by To The Max extreme premix. :heart: Today was my last STS workout :cry: with Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. The best thing about this workout is I felt strong!! What a great way to end a 6.5 month rotation!! I followed it with Cathe's Greatest Hits workout. :heart: Obviously I have been loving my workouts this week! :laugh:

sjdavis, welcome!!!! We would love for you to join our group. Tami summed up who we are and what we are about perfectly!!! So feel free to jump in!

Michelle, sounds like you've been doing some great workouts. I hope your DH is feeling better. No fun to be sick over the long weekend. Like I said above, I wore black. I used to wear black to everything, and now I try to change it up a bit more. But it worked for Friday.

Tami, so happy to read the good news about your pup!! Poor thing, but I am so happy to hear there is a solution for her maladies. Your dinner on Friday sounds delicious!! I am so glad you enjoyed it AND enjoyed a great Spinning class too!! I loved hearing that your DH was encouraging you to go to the class because her prefers to cook alone. I am the same way!! Definitely don't like to cook with people watching me, that's for sure. Congrats on the Volleyball!

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear your first attempt at STS was a frustrating one. The minute I read your post, I remembered how frustrated I was when I first did Meso 1 the first time because of everything you mentioned. Did you print out the workout cards from Cathe's site? I know you didn't do the 1RM test, but having those cards (or the STS booklet) with the exercises really helps in figuring out what is next. And, yes, the equipment change is a lot until you get used to it. And the push-ups....:noway: As I mentioned before, I couldn't do any push-ups on my toes when I started the program, so I did whatever I could to work the muscles that didn't put too much stress on my iffy left shoulder. So......you aren't way off base in your assessment!! But, as Tami said, once you learn it and make it work for you, most those frustrations will go away. Well, at least they did for me. :ohwell: But take care of your shoulder!! And stay safe in the latest storm!! We sit here with spring weather and you just can't get a break! :flowerforyou:

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was another great one :bigsmile: Of course with Katy. She set up some different stations that included Kettleball Swings, snatches, clean and press with barbell, box jumps, super burpees, mtn climbers, etc. She had us do each station for 1 min, 15 sec rest, 1 min, 15 sec rest and then 30 seconds. Then rotate to the next. Yowsa! My shoulders were tired driving home glad that today was a leg workout :laugh: This a.m. was STS Plyo Legs and tonight will be Insane-X. Tomorrow a.m. is my last STS workout :sad:

Thelma: I’m so glad to hear that your body was back to normal yesterday after that "butt kicking" you did to yourself with CrossFire. Also, glad you like the STS Legs workout. :wink:
    That is a great idea about researching a place for Emma and her neck pain. Acupuncture/massage, etc. I know forsure there is a place in Spokane that I looked into a while back. They are about 45 min away though. Maybe I can find somewhere close.
    I’m with you on new workouts/DVD’s, I just plug them in and go for it. Sometimes I may preview it just slightly but otherwise I just go for it. If it’s choreography issues I will pause, replay, etc. but usually if it’s not a new step workout I just go for it. I really hope your shoulder is feeling better . . . Stay safe in that new storm :ohwell: I will send that dressing to you! :flowerforyou:

Laurel: I'm happy for you both that the event on Friday was so great. Sounds like you looked very elegant in your black dress. Our Saturday sounds nearly identical! :laugh: It felt really good to just relax and not have so many “tasks” I feel like I have to do. DH was gone to a Basketball game at WSU so I had the couch and TV to myself. :smile: Way to go on the workouts the last couple of days & Congrats on finishing up our 6.5 month STS rotation today!!! :drinker: :cry: I’m a day behind you so tomorrow is my last day. It is bitter sweet :cry: As always THANK YOU so much for doing this together! :flowerforyou: It keeps me motivated to have you as my workout buddy forsure. I’ll look forward to another round one of these days. :bigsmile: Are you looking forward to a mixture of “whatever you feel like” for a little while? Thank you for the good thoughts/wishes for Emma. I'll of course keep you all posted.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    HI Ladies, I did Meso 1 Back and Triceps tonight. I liked the workout but had to go light with the weights because my upper arm was still acting up. I think it's something with the head of the bicep. My calorie burn reflected the light workout. Now I'm worried about having had two consecutive nights with low burns because I may not lose any weight this week.

After the nice kneading job I did with my back yesterday my shoulder blades felt much better today. My arm did too but not good enough. Tonight after my workout I attacked the sore spot on my upper arm with my little massage balls and I think it helped a lot. My left shoulder blade is still a little sore so I hope that by Thursday when I go to my PT session I'm in better shape. Tomorrow I'll do spinning to give my arms a break.

Since I have my PT sessions twice a week I can't fully do the STS program so I think I will incorporate two STS sessions to my rotation a week. My only question is if I should do the week 1 workouts two times before advancing to week 2 given that I'm not really following the program.

We got more snow today. The snow started at about 11 am. I left work at 12:30 and got home by 1:30 to continue working from home. By the time I got home there were already almost 5 new inches of snow on the ground. I think we got about 7-8 inches. DH is outside clearing up the snow. We'll be in the 50's on Friday!

Laurel - great workouts and congratulations on finishing up the STS program! Can't wait to read what you decide to do next.
    I'm so glad you had a great time on Friday night! I bet you looked stunning with that black dress! I hope it was sleeveless so you could show off your beautifully toned arms! :wink:

I haven't been to the workout manager in a long time. I didn't even think o going there to see what they offer for STS! Thanks for mentioning it. I do have the booklet but I didn't take it downstairs with me since I ididn't think I'd need it.
    I tried a couple of times to do full pushups but couldn't do more than 1-2

Hi Tami, another tough BC workout by Katy!:drinker: Awesome!!
    I couldn't believe my body recovered fairly quickly after Cross Fire.
    The STS back and triceps had a lot of equipment change but the bench was always flat and give the issues I had with the first workout I organized myself better this time around.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't watch new workout DVD's before doing them! :laugh:

I hope youj're able to find a good acupuncture veterinary practitioner for Emma. I bet you she'll feel much better.

Have a good night!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Good Morning Ladies,

This morning was an early start as hubby is still stuffy so I had breakfast duty. After the girls got on the bus it was a nice cup of coffee and a light breakfast from their leftovers.:blushing: I'm feeling bloated and sluggish this morning..TOM..so I dragged my clothes on and prepped for an oldie, Cardio Supersets, sheesh that was a nice sweatfest. I forgot about those gliders and mountain climbers...:noway: Overall it was a great burn and now I can get ready for my afternoon 3 hour Video conference with my Cali team. Today is a dreary day with temps close to 70's but in all honesty, curling up with my Pumpkin Spice cappuccino after the conference will be the highlight of my off day.:laugh:

Tami- Those tags sound like Chyna's which is more common than I thought after researching them for my mom. I actually used an OTC ointment on Chyna's last summer when I accidentally pulled one thinking it was a tick and it healed nicely. Glad that all is well as our four legged members are like our children which affects the maternal instincts in us especially as they can't convey where it hurts.:ohwell:

Laurel- I love black too and try desperately to change up my color which then falls to gray, the other black.:blushing: I'm glad the ladies wore long gowns as that usual makes the occasion feel more special. I remember years ago on the cruise ships, Formal nights meant long gowns with a visual array of beautiful designs from the top stores, now the new trend is cocktail dresses and unfortunately even a few shirts without ties.:grumble: It takes away from the beauty of the occasion when it is treated so casually.

Thelma- Burpees are not my favorite either.:laugh: Unfortunately I have a bad back and suffer with pain, inability to move..etc, so I try to challenge myself with a few but the suffering a day later is not worth the inability to climb off the couch.:noway: So I will usually switch to jump squats or mountain climbers in lieu of the entire set of burpees.

Ok off to get myself ready, review some docs, and prep myself for this dreaded conference on my off day.:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today was lower body so I did Legs and Glutes Extreme premix. This workout is always killer for me. Good......but killer! When I finished it, I was spent. So I did the lazy thing for cardio--kept the same DVD in the player and did Kick, Punch and Crunch. It was a perfect follow-up to the first workout, and I really enjoyed it!

Tami, that Bootcamp class sounds tough!! How fun to have Katy teaching it. I bet she brings some added variety and intensity to the program. Thank you for another fantastic STS rotation!! I can't begin to express how much you inspire me to 'push play' on days when I otherwise might not. I admit, I am looking forward to a couple of weeks is 'whatever' workouts, but I know I will be ready to do another rotation after that!

Thelma, don't worry about the lower calorie burn the past couple of days! Chances are your body is enjoying a bit of a break and it may be more responsive when you start pushing it again. I highly recommend doing each STS workout twice before moving on to the next week's workouts. That way you get a good read on the exercises and what weights to use before moving on. Even though I have done the program a number of time now, I still feel once through with each workout wouldn't be nearly as effective. I recommend giving it a try like that for Meso 1 at least, and if the repetition drives you crazy, you can change it up in a later Meso. Yikes on the snow!!

Michelle, I love Cardio Supersets!! I don't do it often enough but when I do, like you, I am reminded how good it is! Pumpkin Spice cappuciino sounds fantastic!! That would be the highlight of my day as well, no doubt. I am with you on more 'formal' dinners. When we first got here, we went to a formal (mess dress) event. I wore a gown. There were ladies there in slacks and sweaters! :noway: I can't ever imagine looking at an invitation and seeing 'formal' and thinking that would be appropriate. Sadly, that is what I remember most from that event. Last year I dressed in cocktail just to fit in a bit better, and it still irritated me! :blushing: Sign of the times and my (advancing) age I suppose. :tongue:

I don't think I will be around tomorrow as DH has asked me to attend an all-day seminar on retirement from the military with him. So I will see you Friday!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane-X was another tough one :noway: :smile: She let the girl who is learning do most of the class, she’s a much different personality than Katy so of course Katy would chime in and at the very end when we thought we were done she (Katy) had us do one more whole round and then . . . Jumping Jacks to Burpees as she called it out, up/down, up/down! It was a sweat fest forsure. This a.m. was my final STS workout of Shoulders/Bi’s/Tri’s. . . . Tonight will be Spinning.

Thelma: Nice job on the workout last night! :bigsmile: Good that you listened to your body and went lighter. Don’t worry about the lower calorie burn, your body is still burning especially after weight workouts. :smile: Yowsa on the snow! :noway: I bet you are very tired of it; sounds like Friday will definitely be some serious melt down though ~ nice.
    I’m glad Laurel reminded you of the STS sheets.:wink: Those are truly a life saver in doing the program; or anytime you want to throw in an STS workout with whatever you are doing. You can go right to your sheet for that workout and see what is next, weight you need, etc. You can even record your progress with the push-ups! I “ditto” on doing each workout twice, especially your first time through. Often there are exercises that she repeats in other workouts but I think it is the biggest benefit to doing them twice. Plus, the more familiar you get the more prepared you are too! Again, the sheets will help with that. Don’t be too hard on yourself with the push-ups! :flowerforyou: You will gain strength, that is the beauty of the program.

Michelle: Awesome workout with Cardio Supersets! :drinker: That is such a good one, lots of variety. Your day sounds busy but the reward this afternoon will be so nice. Enjoy. Thanks for the thoughts on Emma. Yes, the one on her cheek was the first one I noticed and my first thought was it was a huge tick :huh: Thank goodness it wasn’t. That one is pretty flat now, but just “there” and as long as her nail doesn’t nick it she is good.

Laurel: Great job on the leg workout this a.m. ~ :bigsmile: That is truly one of my favorites but definitely that X-treme premix you feel it by the end. I wouldn’t say your follow-up was lazy by any means . . . that sounds like a fantastic combo! Katy definitely brought variety & intensity to BC forsure. I think she will maybe get to teach it again in the near future. I’m looking over some weekly circuit based combos to put together for the next couple weeks. Will feel good :smile: Enjoy your seminar tomorrow, hopefully it provides some good info. for both of you. :flowerforyou:

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies,
    Tonight I did XT The Ride and it was awesome to realize that I was not about to pass out like the first time I did the full workout. I was tired but did not feel like I was doing a heart stress test. My cardio endurance has come a LONG way! I had a nice burn: 750 cals! :bigsmile: :heart:
    Tomorrow is my weekly weight in day at home. I don't expect more than 1/2 lb loss. I don't want to set my expectations too high. PT tomorrow.

Hi Michelle, I bet you felt great after your workout even though you were dragging beforehand. Too bad you had to work on your day off. I hope the teleconference wasn't boring!
    I will learn to do those burpees someday. I just don't have the core strength so I end up something that sort of looks like a mountain climber.
    I wear a lot of black and dark colors too. I wear way too much black but I just love it.
    That Pumpkin Spice Capuccino sounds great!

Laurel - I can't imagine how tough that Glutes/Legs workout must be if you think it's a killer! Good for you for working out so hard!
    I shouldn't focus so much on the calorie burned number but it is so disappointing when I burn less than 400 calories!
    I'm glad you think I should do the STS workouts twice because I felt that once is not good enough.
    Enjoy the retirement seminar tomorrow!

Tami, another killer Insane X class. Hopefully Katy will always teach the class you take!
    My arm and shoulder blades feel better so I'm glad I listened to my body yesterday and gave them a break tonight too.
    I have to do the STS sheets next time.
    I'm glad you also agree that STS workouts should be done twice before moving on to the next set. I am always hard on myself and have to stop doing that.
    We got two more inches of the white stuff today. When I got home from work I was realized that I was stepping onto fresh snow and our steps were covered with snow! Tomorrow's high is going to be 47! Finally warmer weather for us. Let the meltdown begin!

Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Today’s workout was XT Cardio Leg Blast! :bigsmile: Always enjoy that one. I’m filling in for someone at work for a couple days so no Abs Class at noon today :frown: I may be able to get in a workout when I get home.

Thelma: Awesome job on the XT Ride! :drinker: :bigsmile: Yowsa You burned some serious calories. I saw that last night and thought, there she goes burnin them up! Way to work :drinker: I understand your “want/need” to burn a bunch of calories. I sometimes feel that way and can be disappointed :blushing: but then I remind myself that I am still burning calories even long after the workout and sometimes the lower calorie burn the more fat you are burning too! :wink: So that’s something to think about. It’s all good and give yourself pats on the back no matter what the number shows. Congrats on another success with the weight loss!! Woo Hoo you are really doing amazing and it’s paying off!! How did it go today with PT?
    We woke up to a couple inches this a.m. but it is going away pretty fast. I think we are in that crazy weather pattern now where it can be snowing, raining, sunshine, cloudy and back to rain all in a matter of an hour! Crazy. Glad to hear your temps are warming up.

Laurel: Hope today went well for you and DH and you learned lots about his future retirement! :flowerforyou:

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies
    I actually lost 1.3 lbs this week for a grand total of 9.8 lbs lost. I'm 2oz away from 10lb goal by my birthday next week. This is exciting! Did PT tonight which went well. The next official weigh in/measurements will be two weeks from today. I can't wait!

Tami, great job on the XT Cardio Leg Blast. Is that a step workout? Work can be such a terrible inconvenience sometimes. Sorry you had to miss your Abs class!

I was thrilled about my XT Ride workout yesterday. Can you believe that huge burn? I really need to keep reminding myself that I still continue to burn calories long after a workout even if the burn was small.

OMG I am still surprised that I lost 1.3 lbs. I guess it really does pay off to plan meals ahead.
    PT went well. I always wear t-shirts long enough to cover my fat behind and today my t-shirt was huge on me. Last Friday night I wore these comfy flannel pjs to bed and they are the draw string type. They were always big but now they are huge. I never had to use the draw string but if I don't use it now the pj's are no longer being held up by my hips. They would easy slide down.
    to my feel. I guess it's time to dig out my smaller stuff. Thank you for being excited for me!

Wow you are also getting a lot of snow! We really are in that crazy weather pattern. We are in total heatwave mode. I think we hit 50 today and even though it was cloudy it didn't feel cold. When I got out of work I only had a fleece jacket. NO coat needed.

Laurel, I hope you enjoyed the retirement seminar. Thanks for mentioning the STS cards from Cathe's workout site. I printed the ones for weeks 1 & 2.

I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    Morning ladies,

Yesterday's workout was fun with a focus on various punches and then arm exercises without weights. Billy torched my arms out so today the focus is lower body. My left knee is achy this morning and this is my good knee so I'm wondering if I need to switch my sneakers?:huh: During Supersets this week I noticed some pain when we did the side lunge lift routine but ignored it until yesterdays Taebo, bummer one bad knee from the military is enough.:sad: Today I will do a floor routine with the tortuous Ballet Beautiful and her 32 rep per exercise.:noway: , afterwards a Zumba routine. Tonight we are headed to a Chili cookoff and I'm judging so hopefully the spices are not too caliente!:wink:

Thelma- yeah on the 10lb mark:drinker: , how are your clothes fitting? And your PT sessions?

Tami- Woo-hoo on 700+ days!:flowerforyou: Keep inspiring us to be fit.

Laurel- Our first year here we had a formal event and I ordered and altered a long grey gown. Unfortunately the youngest was sick that night so hubby went without me and when he returned he said he was glad I did not attend because the ladies wore suits.:ohwell: The new generation is carefree and unfortunately socially clueless, we have tried to relax our standards so much that we have lost sight of some our traditions. Now when I see formal or semi- formal on invitations, I question my husband constantly on dress code as some functions tend to be hit-or- miss.:laugh:

Have a great weekend ladies!

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a good, informative day yesterday. But it was a long day! I was able to do Afterburn for my workout, which felt great. Today, for my total body workout, I tried Cathe's new Flex Train again. I still don't quite understand this workout, but it was a good endurance-based workout to end this last cycle of heavy lifting with STS. I followed it with Turbo Fire 20 HiiT right into TF 60. :heart:

Tami, great workouts!! The Insane X class sounds tough, and how nice of Katy to step in and give it a little more intensity! :smile: I am already feeling a bit lost not knowing what my next workout is going to be!! So I mentally started to sketch things out for next week during my workout today. I realize I at least need some kind of plan if not specific workouts. :blushing: Not sure how the week is going to look yet, but the week after is going to be a very busy week so I am thinking of pushing things a bit harder than planned next week, taking it a little easier during my busy week, and then starting another rotation. We'll see how that works.

Thelma, congratulations on the weight loss!!! That is fantastic. And loose clothing is even better!! Glad your injuries are feeling better and you are continuing to see cardio improvements.

Michelle, great workouts! I hope your knee gets to feeling better! I have noticed this winter that the weather is impacting mine a bit more than it ever has, especially since I have rarely suffered any pain in my knees. It is no fun discovering a new ache or pain! :grumble: Have fun at the chili competition. Hope you survive the spices. :noway:

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Happy Friday Ladies ~ Today was Cross Fire, :bigsmile: which was lots of fun for a good cardio day! Spinning will be after work for a little bonus. :wink: Won't be Katy's intensity Spin but a good workout to end the week is how I like to look at it.

Thelma: Hip, Hip, Hooray on the 9.8 lbs down! :drinker: :drinker: You are going to pass your goal by next week forsure, that is so awesome. Good for you!! :bigsmile: I love it that you are looking forward to your weigh in/measurements in two weeks. I think you should definitely reward yourself with some new pj’s! You deserve it and get rid of the ones that are way too big. Start dressing for "New Thelma" :smile: Good job printing out the workout cards, again they are a life saver.

Michelle: Thanks for the kudos and saying I keep you inspired! :smile: Very sweet of you … :flowerforyou: being here with you ladies each day inspires me as well, so right back at ya! I was laughing about your mention of Billy Blanks still has it yesterday after you did that workout! :laugh: That’s awesome. I used to have some of his workouts but passed them on to a friend. Hopefully your knee is feeling ok ~ maybe you do need some new shoes with a little better support. Maybe today’s floor work and take it a little easier in the Zumba?!? Enjoy the chili cook-off! Be careful with all those spices and mixtures of flavor :huh: :wink:

Laurel: I’m glad your day was informative and hopefully helpful to you both! Can be stressful I’m sure so the more info you have, the better. Great job with AfterBurn :smile: I need to pull Flex Train out again; I was thinking of doing it as an “add-on” to something else to see how it felt with the lighter weights, etc. I will be figuring out what I am doing this weekend so that I don’t stand there each a.m. and wonder :noway: Especially on Monday a.m. (if I get up :blushing: :grumble: ~ Oy! Monday’s have not been my best for getting up lately). But I will share with you what I have planned to help spark some thoughts maybe.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!!!! :drinker:
    I repeated Meso 1 Chest, shoulders and Biceps. This is the one I hated last Friday. Not this time. I really liked it and challenged myself with it. Since I knew what to expect I organized myself better before the workout started. I also did all the pushups. Most of them on my knees but at least I did them.

My Tabatacise DVD arrived today. I may attempt that tomorrow, I've been thinking about CrossFire for tomorrow too.
    Thank you for the congratulations on the weight loss. It is so exciting!

Michelle, great workouts! Sorry about your knee though. Have you iced it? For me when my knee hurts ti's because I've caused myself a muscle imbalance and it could be as simple as my IT band being too tight..
    My clothes are big on me. PT is going great and my trainer continues to challenge me more which I love!
    I hope you enjoy the chili competition. I can't believe you're judging! You're a brave woman cause I'm sure some of those chilies will be HOT!!!

Laurel - WOW! Your workouts are amazing! I'm glad the retirement seminar was informative. A full day is a long day!
    I printed the STS cards and they are really helpful. Thanks for mentioning them! I recorded everything I did tonight. I'm having to shop in my closet where I have clothes in different sizes due to my ups/downs in weight. Loose clothing is a great thing! :heart:

Hi Tami, Cross Fire is a great workout. I may have to do that one tomorrow! I hope you liked your spinning class tonight!.
    I am pretty sure now that I will my goal by next week too. After this goal is met the next goals will be set in 5 lb increments.
    I won't have time to go to the stores this weekend but I might go "online shopping" to reward myself with a little something. I was able to wear 2 pairs of pants this week that I hadn't been able to wear in months.
    Those cards are really life savers! I'm happy I was able to get through the Meso 1 chest, shoulders and biceps DVD without any frustration. I actually enjoyed it. I can't wait for my wedge risers to arrive!

Enjoy your weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Saturday was my rest day, which was good. I headed to Denver that evening to help my sister celebrate her 50th! That was fun!!! Yesterday I decided to do a circuit workout and ended up doing High Step Challenge. It felt good! Today I started with All Out Low Impact HiiT Extreme Cardio premix followed by XT Core 1. I followed it with the 80 minute premix of XT Legs. Still don't enjoy that workout, but it was good for today since I worked my legs some in yesterday's workout.

Tami, hope you weren't staring at the DVD player this morning!! I struggled a bit both yesterday and today in deciding what to do. I am going to try to focus on workouts I don't do very often this week. In fact, I may end up doing the 4DS series Wednesday-Saturday just for something different. We'll see. So all ideas and thoughts on workouts are welcome right now!!!

Thelma, I am SO glad to hear you enjoyed your second attempt at that STS workout!!! Great job with the push-ups!!! No shame doing them on your knees at all because it is ALOT of push-ups. There is plenty of time for growth, that's for sure. I am so very impressed on what you are doing in your workouts!!! It is amazing!!

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Great weekend of workouts and some time with friends for me! :bigsmile: Plus of course errands, laundry & food prep yesterday. Saturday I decided on Total Body Tri-Sets (90 min premix), :wink: yesterday was Kelley-Coffey Circuit Burn, which is always a good one & it had been a long time since I did this one. I met my BFF for an early lunch yesterday and we just hung out for a while, catching up. We got hit with a bunch of snow yesterday and now it’s continued today :huh: This a.m. was a very early a.m. wake-up because DH had to get up early for a flight so I went back to sleep and then did not get up for my workout :grumble: So depending on what this huge snow storm is doing I may head straight home and do my workout there so I can make sure my pups are safe & sound with DH being gone it makes me worry a little bit more :blushing: They are outside all day while we are gone and that is a long day with nobody.
    p.s. Emma is doing so good with her new medicine. Our vet called me yesterday to check on her, which I love. He said walks on flat ground right now are fine, so I am anxious to have the snow stop and I can take her with her new harness.

Thelma: Way to go with STS and congrats on the push-ups success! :drinker: :smile: Woo Hoo. Glad the workout cards helped! When you get your new wedge risers you will be happy you have them. I know I delayed that decision for a long time and was so happy I did it once they arrived :smile: Great job getting in CrossFire this weekend! Looks like you scorched the calories :noway: Anxious to hear how you like Tabatacise once you give it a try. Unfortunately the Spinning was not good at all on Friday :ohwell: Not all the time, but often she does her class without much attention to a program. Anotherwords, she walks around the room helping people adjust their bikes, talking to friends, etc. and so we are just “riding” for like 15+ min. and the entire Friday class is only 45. So not a lot of work there. It’s often why I will skip that class unless someone is filling in. Yay for you rewarding yourself with a little online shopping :bigsmile: So great, and such a treat for all your hard work.

Laurel: Your weekend sounds like lots of fun! :smile: Was it a surprise for your sister? Holy workout you did today?!:noway: Yowsa! Nice work. I did not get my “schedule” put together :frown: :embarassed: so I would have been standing there this a.m. forsure ~ However, I did write down some workouts that I want to do for this week/next week: KB workouts (Kick Max, KPC) and Circuits. Drill Max, Cross Train Xpress kind of caught my eye too . . . Power Circuit & Leaner Legs, Cardio Kicks. AfterBurn is on my radar too along with Intensity & Muscle Max. I also noted some Peak 10 workouts and Kelley-Coffey. Obviously a random list of workouts but maybe it will help you too :wink: Once I get some things actually committed to my calendar (today/tomorrow) I will absolutely let you know.
    There’s a rotation I have a copy of with XT and others so I may move into that after these couple of weeks of “randomness” :laugh:

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, glad you enjoyed the weekend! Ours was extremely busy and I feel like I need a weekend to recover from the weekend! :wink:
    Saturday I did Cross Fire. That is such an awesome workout! Kicks my behind each time but I love it. I worked out in the morning because my brother-in-law and his wife came over for our monthly get together and to celebrate my birthday. We always play board games, watch a movie and go out to dinner. We went to TGI Friday's because I knew their menu is in the MFP database. DH got me a cake so I had a piece of it. It was good but the best part of the cake was that I didn't have the "OMG! I'm in heaven!" feeling I always used to have when I ate sweets. This is just amazing coming from me! :bigsmile:

Sunday was spinning on my own while watching the Olympics for 45 minutes. Then the rest of the day was laundry and food prep.
    Today I did Meso 1 week1 Legs for the second time. On Friday or Saturday I'll do Meso 1-1 Back and Triceps and this will complete the 2x's for Week 1. Then next week I'll start the Meso 1 Week 2 workouts.

OMG! I almost forgot to tell you the best part of my weekend! I went shopping in my attic and found out that I've skipped a size! I've gone down TWO pant sizes and ONE bra size. I was in heaven for this one! :heart:
    I can tell that my current size pants will be big in a short time. I had two pairs of pants I bought last year when I lost weight and those pants wouldn't even go up my thighs. I tried them on today and I am able to button them up! They are still a little tight so maybe in a few weeks they'll fit me just fine. This is the difference between having lost weight by dieting and doing wimpy workouts and now eating better because I'm more aware of nutritional values and working out hard! I'm so excited!

My Achilles tendon started acting up yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure why because I stretch like crazy. I may have to sleep with the boot tonight! :grumble:

Laurel - sounds like you had a great weekend. Way to go with those killer workouts! I'm sure you'll plan a good routine pretty soon so you don't feel lost.
    I was really happy that I actually enjoyed the STS chest, biceps & shoulders second time around! Thank you for being impressed with I'm doing with my workouts. I'm totally hooked now! :heart:
    On the pushups - I'm sure some day I will be able to do full pushups. At least now I can tell that I get my chest closer to the floor when I do the pushups. That is improvement for me.

Tami - I'm glad you had great weekend workouts and actually had time to have lunch with a friend! Sorry about your spinning class though!
    More snow for you guys! WOW! We actually had a break this weekend and had warm temps so there was a meltdown. No heavy snows in our future for this week but there may be snow showers.
    I'm sure your body loved the extra sleep today. Did you end up getting a huge storm today? You leave your dogs outside all day? Don't they get cold?
    I'm so glad Emma is doing well on her new med! What a nice vet to call you to check up on Emma! He is a keeper!
    Can you put the harness on Emma while inside the house just to get her used to it? I have harnesses for my cats and they know what it means so they don't fight me when I put it on them. So cute!
    A couple of years ago I bought a tent designed :laugh: for the cats and in the summer time we put the it out on the deck and we take the cats out there. They love it!
    The workout cards are a MUST! I haven't received my wedge risers yet. I know things will be better when I get them. I actually had already forgotten I got the Tabatacise workout! Thanks for bringing it up! I think I may do it on Wednesday since I have PT tomorrow.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today I decided to do another cardio/total body workout and staying with the idea of doing workouts I don't do very often, I opted for Cathe's original Body Max workout. Such a good workout. She goes at the speed of a rabbit through it, which means the upper body work kills me endurance-wise! :noway: But I love it nonetheless. :smile:

Tami, sounds like a great weekend of workouts! Sorry to hear about the snow though! We have nothing like that. In fact, yesterday we were in the mid-60s and I took great pleasure in opening all of the windows to air the house out! Take care in that weather. Glad to hear your pup is doing so well. I imagine she is anxious to get back to her walks too. I love the list of workouts you want to during this period of randomness. Mine looks just as.....random. We didn't surprise my sister for her birthday (which is actually today) as she isn't much for surprises. But it was just us three sisters and her oldest daughter, and it was simple and nice. I think she really appreciated it was just us as we don't get a chance to do that very often.

Thelma, woo-hoo on the clothing size!!!! Isn't that such an amazing feeling?!? Love it! And congratulations on letting yourself eat some cake AND in recognizing it is just cake. Like you, I have quite a sweet tooth so I understand that 'I am in heaven' reaction to sweets. I don't have that anymore either. Now a good piece of fruit??? Yep!! Great workouts this weekend. I hope your Achilles is just a temporary issue.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Afternoon ladies,

So it was a sick weekend for me as hubby's cooties caught up and I fell victim. I gave my body two days to get over it:blushing: and by Saturday night I was able to watch a show with the family amidst the chaotic sneezing fits.:grumble: I promised hubby a breakfast date at Panera's and when he laughed at me I was determined to get up and get out the door. So Sunday was a breakfast date at Panera's and we had a good time.:blushing: Yesterday I worked but my body was a bit achy so I skipped my workout. Today I was scheduled but the internet was down which led to a great kick and punch routine of CP3, after a 2 rounds of Bodystrikes with Ilaria as I was severely annoyed.:blushing: Afterwards I called the tech support and apparently the codes for the fiber optic system were not in the system so although the internet was online, all of the electronic gadgets were unable to link.:grumble: Whatever, after 5 hours I'm just glad that it is back online as I was truly disconnected except for the home and cell phone.

Thelma- Awesome on the clothes fitting better and two sizes, sheesh it takes me 15 lbs to feel the difference in this pear shape body.:blushing: Happy Belated birthday and I'm glad the cake was good but not addicting. I have a sweet tooth for scones, muffins and baked breads but at Panera I looked at the scones on Sunday and completely ignored them. I did enjoy 1/2 of a cinnamon crunch bagel but it was perfect in that moment and did not lead to wild cravings.:wink: My house is full of GirlScout cookies, can you imagine if I was a cookie lover.:noway: :laugh:

Laurel- Sounds like a great way to spend quality time with your sister. Funny you referenced pulling out dvds that you have skipped for a while as I went into my dvd armoire and pulled all of the old TJam dvds and Bob Harper to the front in hopes of doing something different but fun, plus some of Bob's are still shrinkwrapped.:blushing:

Tami- Snow:ohwell: , our temps are sunny and cool but overall the dress code has shifted to shorts with longsleeve shirts for the locals. Poor pups, I'm sure they enjoyed your early arrival to save them from the elements.:laugh:

TTYL,
    Michelle
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    I kept up with all the pushups in Cardio Core Circuit today (first time ever). I can't say my form was great through them all :noway: ... buuut, the pecs were working!

Thanks Mesocycle 2 ... starting Meso 3 in a month. :bigsmile:
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ This a.m. was Cardio Core Circuit! :smile: Tonight will be Insane-X. Our weather did a 360 degree turn and is blue sunshine today. Cold, but blue sky and sunshine. Last night I went home and hand shoveled the driveway because I wasn’t sure how much we were going to get. The forecast said it was going to continue through the night. When I was done you couldn’t even tell hardly :grumble: the dogs had a blast though. They love to be out there in the snow and Emma pounces on the pile every time I throw it to the side. At any rate, after all the shoveling I was soaking wet from the snow falling and freezing along with starving so needless to say no workout when I went inside. It takes a lot longer hand shoveling vs. the snow blower that DH uses. I don’t know how to even start it so I went with what I knew.:blushing: Oh well, a little bit of a workout, right?!?

Thelma: Happy, HAPPY Birthday! :drinker: :drinker: Sounds like a super fun weekend and so great you treated yourself to Birthday cake and didn’t relish in it like normal, but appreciated it!
    So amazing on the clothing sizes! Yahoo :bigsmile: I’m glad you had 2 sizes down up in your close to “go shopping” that is excellent! Congratulations and all of these little things have to be fueling your motivation beyond!! Hope the Achilles is just a little reminder and not something that will continue. Yes, the pups are outside all day, which makes me worry about them BUT they have not only a covered porch that is also protected by our house/shop with heated beds and dog houses. So they truly are fine. It’s just the “human” in me that thinks they must be cold and sad. :laugh: Emma is often laying outside in the midst of the storm …. Soaking wet and loving it or she goes to her house. Bernie on the other hand lays in a ball on his cushy heated bed. He’s a smarty! :wink: I will try that on Emma in the house to get used to it. She doesn’t know yet that means we are going for a walk. Which I normally cannot even get my workout jacket on or say the words or both of them will lose their minds in excitement! Thanks for the well wishes on my workouts. They felt great and I’m glad I at least have a few wrote down for the week. As you can tell, I’m not used to “not” having a schedule, especially for the last 6.5 months.

Laurel: Great job with BodyMax! :drinker: :bigsmile: Sounds perfect. I have DrillMax on the schedule for tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Crazy on the snow right? But today is sunshine . . . cold but sunny! That is so awesome you had the mid-60’s! I would love to open my windows about now and yes, take Emma on a walk that I don’t look like the Michelin Man going down the street to stay warm. The Birthday celebration sounds absolutely perfect. I bet it was special for your sister.

Michelle: Sorry to hear the sickies made it your way. :ohwell: Darn it. Sounds like you were able to get some nice relaxing time and able to rally for the breakfast date though! Glad to hear you were feeling up to a workout today . . . despite the internet issues it sounds like you were able to get in a little something. So frustrating when technical problems happen with the internet. We have had many rounds of problems with ours. SHORTS!?!?:noway: We are a long way from shorts in our area. Probably June is usually the earliest. Yes, I couldn’t get home fast enough and both “kids” were fine but it put my mind at ease to be home with them and yes “save” them! :laugh:

v70t5m: Welcome! That's a great workout isn't it?! Great job with the push-ups. Laurel & I just finished up STS, such a great program. Is this your first time through it? :smile:

Hope you ladies have a nice evening! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami