Replies

• 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    What a great story of courage, success and happiness! :drinker:
  • Rainbowtop74
    Rainbowtop74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing :smile: i can only hope to do as well as you.
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, this is probably one of the best success stories I've seen so far. Congratulations, you look fantastic!!!!
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations!!! I am amazed at your transformation! I have a question maybe you can answer? I have about 100 pounds to lose. I recently started running.. errr trying to run. I am having a terrible time trying to breath. I ran around the track once for the first time today. I thought my heart was going to explode and was breathing about 75 times a minute and my lungs felt like I had inhaled acid. Did this happen to you? How long can I expect to have to endure this before running becomes comfortable? I don't mean lazy boy chair comfortable, just able to breathe without feeling like I am dying. I see people running lap after lap, and I so want to be able to do that. Any tips?
  • joesimtre
    joesimtre Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story. Congrats and much respect for the hard work and sacrifice. It's very inspirational
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow Brian what an AMAZING and INSPIRATIONAL man you are!!!!! Reading your testimony ans seeing your pictures literally brought me to tears. You should be incredibly Proud of yourself and how fortunate to find a friend like Jackie to help you through and being blant with you when you needed it most. I wish you all the luck in the world and congrats!!!!!
    P.s. thank you, you helped motivate me with your story :)
  • newyanni2014
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration .God bless you and all your hard work. !! You look amazing and overall, happy.
  • brian3245
    brian3245 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey Kammy,

I'd recommend you try interval training. There's a great free app out there call Couch-to-5k that trains you to run in brief spurts and helps build up your endurance. It worked wonders for me. I had the same problem - I was 290-300 when I first started running. It was tough! The app starts around 30 seconds per duration; so you run 30 seconds, walk 2 minutes, run 30 seconds... repeat. It gradually adds time to it until about 5 or 6 weeks into it, you'll be running 15-20-and even 30 minute intervals. It works really well!

Let me know if I can be of any help!

- Brian
  • CharzieGirl
    Options
    Holy crap!!!!! What an inspiration you are! Congratulations on this amazing accomplishment, and I wish you many more successes in your life :)
  • elohnes
    elohnes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    im just under a month in and your story is really inspired me to keep going!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    What an AMAZING journey you've had, Brian! And a woman that stayed by your side this whole time, knowing that you were struggling with a variety of different battles in life and was there to motivate and give you courage..Yay Jackie! You look fantastic! So very proud of you Brian! Just loved your story.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Your story is so amazing! The photos brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations!!
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Jackie sounds like a god sent. It's wonderfully motivating that you lost all this weight and without the help of surgery! Thank you for sharing your story, the good, the bad and the happy.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Brian. You had plenty of times where you could have quit and you didn't! Keep up the great work.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Brian. You had plenty of times where you could have quit and you didn't! Keep up the great work.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Dude you're handsome! Nice work!
  • austinartgirl
    austinartgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mad respect Brian. I'm so glad that I read your post... and I'm signed up for next years Austin Half-Marathon! I am so inspired. Thank-you!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your incredible story!!
  • playadelcarmen2
    playadelcarmen2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are very inspirational, I am so glad I took the time to read your story, it truly brought tears to my eyes. For that you get my first post. Best of luck to you, in your journey.
  • joyceiheartnews
    Options
    Wow! I was also big, before using fitness pal! I was 337 pounds on July 2012, I started exercising, and doing the not so healthy diet of mine (killer diet, almost not eating) to lose weight and gain confidence. I did the insanity workout twice a day, morning and at night. I lost 207 lbs in 6 and a half months. It was suicidal.

Anyways, You are a inspiration to all of the people like s before, you are an example of a person who is dedicated and has a goal achieved!

I am still on my journey to being fit, well, stay fit. Because once we started this lifestyle, we will die with it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!