Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @mowmow - why does it say you have over a ton to lose?
  • Pwinche1
    Pwinche1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. Newbie here. I have lost a lot but have really fallen off the wagon so to speak. I don't go to the gym as much as I should and are having a hard time keeping my food under control. I went from a job to where I was on my feet and walking all the time to where I set behind a desk for 12 a shift on an overnight position. I have the bike that I fit under my desk and try and use that as much as I can. I am finding myself grazing a lot and even though I pack "good" snacks, I don't need to eat. Of course this weather is not helping. I can't get outside because it is freezing and the sleet and snow does not help. Since going overnight 6 months ago, I have gained 20lbs. I don't eat sugar. haven't touched a soda in 1.5 years. I drink water and tea. I have contacted a nut but still have hit a brick wall. Was supposed to meet up with a personal trainer but the weather prevented that.(I switched gyms for classes I could attend). I am shy working out and pretty shy in general with people in person.:blushing: Does anyone else have that issue. I choose to workout by myself because of my shyness. Does anyone else have issues like this?
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I had a pretty good monday. Got the kids off to school and then a little housework done this morning. Hubby and I went and played some cards with my folks and then when the rain cleared out we went to the beach with the dogs, kids and my neice and nephew. Lots of walking playing and fun:happy: I had a nice 2 pound loss today which brought me a total of 3 pounds for last week:bigsmile: All in all a very successful day.

Welcome to all the new names I saw when I was reading through the posts. You have found a great spot for hnest and positive motivation. Everyone here is really nice and willing to listen and help.

I feel so bad for you all who are dealing with snow again. I swear the east coast and midwest cant seem to catch a break this year:ohwell:

Kah I am happy you made it to the dr. Low blood pressure can be scary to experience. Mine used to drop when I was pregnant.

Alupinsk congrats on the teens. I cant wait to be there some day.

Kaye your grandbaby is so beautiful. It sounds like it was a wonderful ceremony.

Well got to go finish up dinner. Have a great night everyone.:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Todays Wrkout:

100 min
    1832 calories/claimed 1050
    4.2 miles
    10064 steps
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kelley-Thunder sleet- Wow, we had that in our area about a week or so ago along with thunder snow. It is amazing how quickly the frozen stuff comes down during one of those events.

Alupinsk- Congrats on the weight loss and reaching the teens.

KarenL- I hope the snow ends for you soon and you can get back to your regular walks.

Tanya- A 1.6 lb gain overnight happens due to water retention mostly unless you agte a huge amount calories yesterday. Don’t let it get you down, I am sure the scale will go back down tomorrow.

MyMowmow-I hope you get some sleep tonight. You have dealt with many things the past few months, so yes, you can let him know about the stressful events that you are handling. Try not to stress to much so you can lower the BP before you go. TOM also impacts my mood and weight so don’t fret to much right now. Good luck tomorrow.

Karen-We have gone through 8 snow days this year, yes another one tomorrow. We had 4 emergency days so we are 4 over at this point. At this point our last day is June 19 but that is subject to change. We are waiting to hear if the state department of education will waive the extra days. We have a chance since we were under a state of emergency for some of those days. If not we will be going until the end of June at this point. This storm has messed up our testing schedule as we well, the kids will now test on Thursday and Friday instead of Tuesday and Wednesday.
    The cutting and pasting sound so familiar with the kids. The last project they did for me was mostly cutting and pasting when they should have put things into their own words. That is one of the reasons I stopped giving regular homework.

Nettie- Taking a day off in between runs is a good thing like Kelley and Karen have said. I usually run in doors so I take a water bottle with me but I will drink before and then I try to wait until after before I take another drink.

Pwinche1-Welcome. I am also shy around people instead I enjoy people watching. One of the goes I have is to participate in events that force me to social. I usualI work with a personal trainer and it really does help. Does your office have stairs or room to walk around? If yes, then you can use your breaks to get up and take a walk around the office or walk the stairs a couple of times. Do something that can get you up and moving throughout the day.

JT- Congrats on the loss and hitting 3 pounds this week, you are doing great.

Well, as I told Karen, I have another snow day tomorrow. After today’s shoveling, I will be able to get out tomorrow and get some errands done provided it is not freezing. Yes, we are expecting another Polar Vortex with a low temp of 5 degrees not including the wind chill. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

The rollover will be happening after a few more posts. So don't get lost come and join us.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @mowmow - why does it say you have over a ton to lose?
    Hahaha!!! All day I've been trying to figure out why my MFP is SO screwy. My meals show I'll be 2400lbs in 5 weeks and my 25 minute walk burned over 2400 calories.

It's because I had my current weight set at 2559 :noway:
  • paolafit89
    Options
    Hey I'm new in this ! I would like to have some friends in my app so I can have some motivation ! Feel free to add me !
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Going to keep this brief since I have dishes to wash and lunches to pack before I head to bed, and I'm trying to reach my sleep goal of 8 hours per night!

I'm going to have a bedtime snack....a carrot! I'm trying to hit at least 3 servings of vegetables per day. I thought I ate a lot of veggies, but this March challenge might be eye-opening.

@Nettie- Our two turtles came into our marriage from my husband. I consider them my step-turtles. :wink: I try to love them as much as my own pets (the cats). I don't know what kind of turtle breed they are (maybe Cooter? if that's a thing), but they're aquatic. My husband had them for a year and never even named them, so they're lucky to have me in their lives. At least I care enough to call them something, even if I'm not the one who cleans their tank and feeds them, etc. I named them Scooter and Chomper. :smile:

Thanks for all the congratulatory words regarding my loss everyone! I love the big losses, but fear the week after. Sometimes when you have a bigger loss, the next week is pretty disappointing. Hopefully not this time!

Thanks to Robin's sister for the update! I hope Robin is better soon! It was good to see her smiling profile pic on the thread. :happy:

@mowmow- That's too funny about your ticker and your calorie burns! A decimal point makes quite a difference! :laugh: So, when you edit that, I wonder what will happen. Will MFP freak out and because you lost almost 2000 lbs? Ha!

0/4 weeks: Try a new veggie or do something new with an old veggie and share the recipe.

2/31 days: Eat 3-5 servings of veggies.

0/31 nights: Get 8 hours of sleep.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Not sure if people are still active on here tonight, so thinking about doing the rollover.

Don't get lost just follow the link in blue.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Words to live by-We are embarking on a new journey, one that will challenge us in many ways and cause us to face the things we have been hiding from for years. We can do this and we will learn to say YES, WE CAN.

495 done

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Yes, I am on a quote kick right now focusing on strength. So many of us are facing challenges in this journey, I thought the quotes might help us find our inner strength.

• Lauriek70
    Options
    Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
    Og Mandino

You have the courage to start over again and to keep doing so until you achieve your goals.

• Lauriek70
    Options
    The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
    Swami Vivekananda

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Don't forget to follow the link!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
    Albert Schweitzer

• Lauriek70
    Options
    Try to be like the turtle - at ease in your own shell.
    Bill Copeland

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................ :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Lauriek70
    Options
    :smile: :happy: :smile: :happy: Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting to this thread.....

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: March Challenge: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Challenges are optional and can be adjusted to meet your needs, do them all or pick just one it is up to you.

We are going GREEN this month

1. Share a new recipe
    2. Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. Water goal- Add 1-2 more cups to what you normally drink.

Welcome to our thread and we hope you come back often to join us. :bigsmile: :happy: :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--thanks for handling the roll over! :flowerforyou: Sorry you are going so late into the school year. We put all 5 of our emergency days on the end of our calendar year, so if we don't use any we can end earlier. This year we would have been done June 6th if not for the 4 days off. My understanding is that if we go beyond those 5, we can then request the state waive any additional. I hope your DOE allows you to end earlier as well.

@kris--I noticed that on your ticker earlier as well! :laugh:

@tammy--congrats on the loss! :drinker:

AFM--I ate my yummy salad, so met that part of the goal. I also got a few more journals done and made some fish for lunch the next few days. Now I'm too tired to do any core work. I think it is bedtime for me. :yawn:

March Challenge:
    1. x/4 weeks--Share a new recipe
    2. 2/31--Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. 2/31--Water goal 12 cups/day

Grading goals:
    1. 66/71 AP journals
    2. x/18 AP presentations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + core work NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
    Wed--walk gunner + core work
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi All! bump
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Laurie, for taking care of the roll over.
    The last couple of days have been okay foodwise, but skimpy on exercise. It was raining yesterday and I hadn't taken a rest day for a month, so I didn't do anything last night. I got a short walk this morning when taking g's to school, but it was raining and I had to drive to pick him up. If its raining tomorrow, I'll have to pull out YouTube or my DVD.
    So glad to know that Robin is okay.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,204 Member
    Options
    Just keeping up on the thread. :heart: :heart:

Lin
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    **bump** to the new thread :)

Goals:

I'm still hoping to complete my 5k in under 45 minutes.

I am also sticking with that I want to hit 100 pounds lost by 9 months. As of today I'm 13 pounds away from that. WOO!

I also have been in a size 16 since about 230, so I'm wondering when I'll finally drop into the size 14. My stomach still has quite a pouch on it because of where I carried most of my weight, so I'm a bit worried I won't drop much size wise because of that. :/