Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Good to see you all here today! Tonight I had PT and the trainers at the gym were shocked that I was working out on my birthday! Redesigning my body is my top priority now because now I know it can be done. :drinker:
    Since I worked legs last night tonight we focused on upper body which was good. Tomorrow night I'll do the Tabatacise DVD. I will just go for the entire DVD and hopefully I won't need an oxygen tank! :laugh:
    I'm having a fat week because we ate some meals that were a little heavier this week so I think I'm going through a guilt trip.
    Two Saturday's ago we went into a health food store to see if I could find low sodium foods. DH didn't want to go there but I dragged him in. Yesterday I found out that the store was all over the news because someone with measles in the contagious stage was there that weekend! So now we both have to go get booster shots just in case. I'm so paranoid about getting sick that all I had to do was read the symptoms to start feeling some of them. I hope I'm just a mental case right now! It's been 10 days since we were at the store and the symptoms can happen 8-12 days after exposure. What a terrible inconvenience! :mad:

Michelle - sorry you got sick too. Glad you're feeling better! Too bad about the internet issue but sounds like you took out your frustration on a good workout!
    Thanks on the birthday wishes and clothes fit! I'm very short so I started to feel the difference within a couple of weeks. It didn't even take 6 weeks for me to feel that my clothes were fitting differently. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a sweet tooth around here. In El Salvador where I was born eating pastries is a way of life. People would just eat that for breakfast and OMG it is sooo good! My aunt is coming to visit us in August and she already told me that she wasn't going bring any pastries with her so I don't fall off the wagon. every year when she comes to visit her suitcases are full of food which include pastries and candy. Every year at that time I fall off the wagon and I can't recover.
    Good for you for ignoring the scones! OMG Michelle! I don't know if I could resist thin mints! Those are my favorite Girl Scout cookies! It's been Girl Scout cookie time at work and one day my own boss had left 3 boxes of cookies in the kitchen for everyone to enjoy. I told asked him he was cruel! LOL

Laurel - What a great idea to do workouts you don't do often! I'm glad you're finding your next workout path! Great workouts today!
    It really is such an amazing feeling when you realize your clothes are humungous on you and that you've gone down a couple of sizes. AMAZING! :heart: I was happy to not have had that sugarholic feeling I used to have after consuming it.
    I love fruit but now with my diet I can only have so much due to the high sugar content in fruit. That part I do miss. I still have fruit every day but have to watch how much I eat.
    My Achilles seems to be back to normal. I just knew that I had to keep stretching and it worked! Thanks for asking.

Tami - Thank you for the birthday wishes! Great workouts today. YOu totally made up for the workout you missed yesterday! :drinker: Glad you're having better weather. OMG! I know what it's like to shovel the snow! I owned a house before and had to hand shovel myself all the time. Hard work! Now DH does it all. I don't know how to start the blower either and I don't know if I could handle that thing. Shoveling snow is more than a bit of workout!
    I have plenty of fuel in the motivation department with the changes I'm seeing. My Achilles seems to be OK now. Thank God!
    I decided year when I lost weigh to not get rid of all my smaller clothes. I'm glad I actually followed my instinct.

Oh so your dogs have shelter! That is great to have those heated beds. We have kitty heated beds we bought years ago for our elderly cat. The young cats like them too.
    I bet the dogs had a blast playing in the snow! It must've been fun to watch them play. Is Bernie older than Emma? I used to date someone who had two dogs. Every time he asked them: "Do you want to gooooo OUTSIDE?" the dogs got insanely excited. It was the cutest thing.'
    We have an enclosed sun room and the door to that room is a slider. We had to get a special panel for the door which has a kitty door. We trained the cats to use the kitty door and now they go in and out even when it's freezing outside. The room is not heated so it gets pretty cold in there but they like to look out those windows. They can see lots of squirrels and birds.

Hi v70t5m - Good job on the pushups! I just started doing STS and I'm working my way through week 1. I intend to do each week twice for the first couple of weeks just so I can get used to the moves.

Have a great night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I decided to start Cathe's 4 Day Split series today since I don't get a chance to do it very often. I started with the Kickbox workout. Unfortunately, when I finished the cardio, my body wanted more!! So my plan to do one workout a day went by the wayside, and I slipped the cardio from Rockout Knockout in before doing the lower body work. :blushing: But it was so much fun and felt great today!!

Thelma, I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday yesterday! :blushing: Happy Birthday!!!! I love that you worked out on your birthday. Since turning 41, I have made it my goal to do an absolutely fabulous workout on my birthday just to celebrate the fact that I can. But I am so sorry to hear about the measles outbreak! I certainly hope you don't have them!! I am like you....one mention of symptoms and I start feeling them. :ohwell: So glad to hear your Achilles pain was temporary. I am anxious to hear your impressions of Tabatacise. Such a good workout!

Tami, I am thinking the shoveling counts as a workout!!! Sounds brutal to be honest! But I am glad to hear your sun returned. We had about 1/4 inch of snow last night, but back to sunny and warm today. I am beginning to think the bulk of winter is behind us now, though, no doubt, we are in for more snow. I hope. Drill Max is on my list of workouts for next week. Always has been my favorite of Cathe's circuit workouts!

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear you were sick this weekend. :flowerforyou: Hope you continue to improve. With all of the clearing out of 'stuff' I have been doing lately, I really have been looking at this cabinet of workouts I have and wondering if I need them all. So I am going through some I don't do very often. But I know at the end of it all I won't get rid of any of Cathe's.....because I just don't. But some others......I might. It is always hard for me to part with workouts.

v70t5m, great job with Cardio Core Circuit! That is a great workout, and was definitely a 'go to' workout for me during this last rotation of STS Tami and I just completed. Congratulations on STS!!!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s Insane-X was TOUGH! I thought maybe it was just me and then at the end she did tell us she made it extra hard because she expects to have some “newbies” in next week’s class due to the Biggest Loser starting up & didn't want to scare them, plus make it up to us regulars :laugh: I think the warm-up was what really got me with full length of the gym running and sprints and lines and burpees. Then we went into our class format and right in the middle she threw in 90 second intervals instead of 45-60, which included half court suicide drills, mtn climbers and belt kicks! Today ended up being Cathe’s KPC and tomorrow will be DrillMax, (changed it up). Tonight is Spinning with Katy!!

Thelma: Great job getting in your workout last night . . . even on your Birthday! :drinker: :bigsmile: I’m sure your PT was impressed. Here’s hoping those measles missed both of you! :noway: Yikes That would be an eerie feeling forsure. So glad the Achilles pain is gone and was just temporary. Can’t wait to hear what you think of Tabatacise, such a fun one! Thanks for the kudos on the workouts! :smile: Bernie is younger than Emma by a couple years. We seem to always stagger the ages which is good for them growing up and I think for us too. He is a yellow lab; a bit stubborn at times, but it’s all good. They are all different and I love each one of them. I love that your cats are trained to just go outside. That’s so good. My BFF has a Jack Russell Terrier & it sounds like the same set-up. A sun room that he goes in and out of with a doggy door set up to go outside through that room.

Laurel: Outstanding job as usual on the workouts! :flowerforyou: I could actually feel some soreness in my forearms a bit from the shoveling. Using those muscles in different ways forsure with shoveling.
    I’m with you on “parting with workouts” ~ it’s hard unless I absolutely know I won’t use them again. Some that I removed from my collection a long time ago was easy because I had outgrown the workouts and knew I wouldn’t be going back. Cathe’s would be my last to leave forsure, except for a few step workouts maybe :laugh: one of which I have still sealed in the wrapper and know I should never even attempt. Speaking of . . . . now with this “misc” factor going on, I really do want to try out her newest step workout that you love so much. Party Rockin Step. It’s mentioned in the margin of my calendar where I write down these ideas/rotations! So did you decide on doing a 4DS Rotation for now? So many workouts to choose from on that set, definitely can keep you busy for a while.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the congrats everyone, the upper body is where I feel greatest effort for littlest gain, so you can imagine my smile after those push-ups!

Tami,

This is my second time through STS2 ... I had such great results when I didn't calculate 1RM, I decided I should do it again, the right way! I'm amazed at how much I have to drop as I get fried over the course of a workout.

I remember one DVD (maybe Slow and Heavy?) where Cathe says something like "We're impressing ourselves!" Yeah ... she certainly impresses me!

Kira
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tabacise tonight and NO oxygen was required! :heart: I did all 5 tabatas :drinker: . It elevated my heart rate for sure and gave me a beautiful 635 calorie burn. This workout is perfect for the eve of my weekly weigh in! I was really proud of myself for doing it. It wasn't really that hard except for the step moves I think on the 4th and 5th tabatas. I felt like I had two left feet but I kept jumping around. My problem is lack of space when she exits on either side of the step so I get stuck. On one side I have spinning bike and on the other is the wall! The step is too wide for cardio on it for me but I love it as a bench for chest work. Maybe I should just use the little step she uses for legs instead. I'll have to try it next time. PT tomorrow night.

Laurel, you crack me up. "my body wanted more". You're amazing! :flowerforyou: What is that 4 day split series like? I'm so glad you felt great after your daily killer workout! Good for you!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! I just felt that working out on my birthday was the best gift I could give myself. The other Thelma would've used her birthday as an excuse to get out of working out probably but not the new Thelma! :bigsmile:
    I really did like the Tabatacise DVD. I'm glad I got it. I really thought it was going to be a lot harder than what it was. Of course now that my cardio endurance is 1000% better I'm saying this. 2 months ago I probably would've required an oxygen tank! :laugh:
    I hope I don't have the measles or DH for that matter! I went and got the booster shot today. I hope DH goes in tomorrow.

Tami - Just when I thought your Insane-X workout couldn't get any tougher it did! Of course next week you'll be disappointed when she has to go easy on the newbies! Katy is funny! I can't believe you still went to your killer spinning class after you Insane-X workout! WOW! :drinker:

It felt really good to workout on my birthday. Thank God today I didn't feel like I was getting the measles.
    I really thought the Tabatacise DVD was going to be a lot harder than it was because Cathe talks about the possibility of being able to just do one Tabata at first. Great workout. Liked it a lot.!

I thought Bernie would be older than Emma because of what you said about him sleeping a lot on his heated bed. I like yellow labs! I totally understand how much you love your babies because we love our kitties so much. Our house is all about the cats. The kitty door we have is essentially a doggy door but smaller. Our sun room is enclosed but it has large windows and two screen doors. The cats can't go out beyond the sun room which is right off our kitchen. The kitty door was a great find for the cats because we were having to leave the slider open for them to go in/out during the summer time! Obviously we couldn't do that in the winter and Bella our youngest loves to go out there even when we have below zero temps!

Kira, I can just imagine how proud you were of yourself after doing all those push ups! I know that feeling!:wink:
    Wow! Second time doing STS! Good for you! Can you explain why you didn't calculate 1RM? I didn't calculate 1RM because I'm lazy about doing but I am challenging myself.
    I love Cathe. I was hooked on her workouts since I saw her TV show many years ago.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I continued with my intensified version of Cathe's 4DS series today. I started with the warm-up and cardio of Party Rockin' Step 2, then moved right into the cardio and the weights of the Higher Intensity Step workout from 4DS. :heart: Too much fun! And the surprise was how strong I felt lifting, especially since I had done 60+ minutes of cardio first!! Good stuff.

Tami, that sounds like a killer Insane X class!! At least she explained why it was so tough and has you prepared for it to go down a couple of notches next class. I am going to do 4DS through Saturday and then on to something else next week. I am not sure yet what that is going to be though. :ohwell: I am enjoying this slight change in workouts--especially in moving the strength training to after cardio as opposed to before cardio. It just is a bit of a different challenge. I have a feeling come about next Wednesday that I will be back to my more 'normal' routine. :blushing: Let me know if you try the new step workouts. Again, I recommend previewing first, and I would suggest PRS2 for the initial try. Not easy.....but so much fun!

Kira, I know doing the 1RM for STS really encouraged me to push myself. There were times, though, when I looked at the charts and said 'I am supposed to lift THAT?' :noway: :laugh: Took awhile for me to convince myself I could!

Thelma, congratulations on Tabatacise!! Regarding the step portions, if you can't make them work for you, one suggestion would be to do some compound exercises in their place. I did this once when traveling (when I had no step) and I really liked it. It did things like squats with overhead presses, push-ups, etc. It felt effective and made me feel like I got a total body workout at the same time. If you go this way, as you know X10 is full of great compound exercise ideas you can borrow from. Anyhow, just a suggestion. Regarding 4DS......I love it, but it isn't for everybody. I love the Kickbox and Bootcamp cardio workouts and ALL of the strength training. And this series has a lot of premixes so is about as versatile as a series can get. However, both step workouts are pretty weak. The Lower Intensity Step workout is pretty light, and the Higher Intensity Step workout is unnecessarily challenging choreographically. Even today when doing it, I was wondering what Cathe was thinking when she developed it. I have had this workout for about seven years, and I still trip over my feet doing it!! But all that being said, I think the strength work in this series is some of Cathe's best. This series has been invaluable to me for those times when I have needed to take a break from working out (due to illness or moving). It gives me both the strength training and cardio in manageable portions to ease me right back in.

Hope you all have a great day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ As planned, I did Spinning last night which was another great one :bigsmile: This a.m. was DrillMax! :heart: it. No workout tonight. Our office has an Awards/Appreciation Night that they do each year for the Realtors (staff is invited) in both offices that they own so I will attend with a couple ladies from the office. I haven’t been in like 6 years :ohwell: they kind of put the pressure on me to go.

Kira: The 1RM does help a lot when you record them all and then have an accurate idea of what you can do during the STS workouts! :smile: Great job going for it this time around. Cathe is impressive to say the least. I just love her style, techniques and her amazing strength!! :wink:

Thelma: Fabulous job on Tabatacise! :bigsmile: :drinker: That’s so great. Laurel offers a great suggestion on modifying during that section of step if it is just in the way. Another thought, not sure that this is helpful or not is turning the step in a way that you can maneuver; you would have to know what moves you are doing but then you might have more room?!? Not sure ~ just a thought. Tabatacise is definitely “doable” ~ I know when it first came out I wondered if it was going to be super intense but it’s not. A nice challenge but no dread factor there.:bigsmile:
    Katy is pretty funny I think. She is TOUGH but I appreciate her style. Maybe all my years of having “coaches” I’m accustomed to that. Some people at the gym don’t appreciate her style or feel intimidated by it. Usually if she says things or yells I just smile/laugh, but do take her serious at the same time. Yes, Bernie likes his warm bed. I think because Emma is quite a bit “fluffier” (in hair length & stature:blushing: ) so she appreciates the elements and cooling off whereas he enjoys being cozy.

Laurel: Fantabulous work again today!!! :drinker: 4DS workouts sound perfect for this week. I wasn’t sure since there are SO many pre-mixes and workouts if you were going to make it into a little rotation for a while. OK, I remember trying the Higher Intensity Step last year (and I believe I mentioned it to you) the staring at the TV, rewinding, staring …:grumble: :blushing: etc. Choreography Frustration forsure for me. I believe that’s another one I left a note to myself on “NO” you don’t like the choreography on this one. :laugh: With that being said, thanks again for the reminder on PRS2 to try first.
    The KB and BootCamp on 4DS are a couple of my favorites though & the strength training too … which I always have a tendency to forget about. Still filling in the blanks kind of day-by-day but hoping this weekend I will have something sorted out to move forward with.

Hope you ladies have a nice evening ~ talk to you tomorrow! TGIF
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies! PT tonight. It was a good session. We worked on upper body and we did some lunges just to make sure I was doing them correctly at home. I also wanted to try full pushup and that didn't go very well! :embarassed: I could barely do 3!! :brokenheart:
    I only lost 6/10 of a pound this week. I'll take it! So far I've lost 10.4 lbs. I wonder if I can hit my 15 lb weight loss by the end of March? I'll get weighed/measured at the gym next Tuesday. I like to do this on Thursdays but the trainer insisted on doing it on Tuesday.
    Tomorrow night I'll do an STS upper body workout, Saturday Rockout Knockout, Sunday Spinning. Then on Monday I'll do the Tabatacise workout so I can burn a LOT of calories before my weigh in on Tuesday! :bigsmile:

Laurel, another amazing workout! :flowerforyou: How wonderful that you felt strong lifting after all the cardio you did before! :drinker:
    Thanks on the congrats for the Tabatacise workout! Great idea to do the compound moves instead of the step. I know I needed to keep moving and kept jumping around! LOL
    That 4DS series sounds wonderful but now I'm totally shying away from step workouts. This step being so big makes me feel like the small space I have is closing in on me.

Tami, I saw the nice burn you had last night and right away I knew you'd had a great Spinning class! Good job with the DrillMax! Sorry you had to miss your workout tonight! I hate after work work events. They're a huge inconvenience as far as I'm concerned. I skip everything whenever possible.

Thanks on the Tabatacise workout! I have tried turning the step in different directions and I'm always about a foot short in space. I have a smaller step which is not the riser kind but it might be better so I don't feel claustrophobic in my little workout space. I wonder how many people shy away from buying the Tabatacise DVD because of the way they describe it. I honestly thought it was going to be harder than Cross Fire. Definitely no dread factor on the Tabatacise workout.

You're so lucky to have found an instructor you love!
    Now I understand why Bernie likes his warm bed and Emma loves to be out and about when it's cold outside! She has a warmer fur coat!

Thank God tomorrow is Friday! I live for Fridays now that my job is so stressful!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I have not been feeling well all week and scary thoughts of it being something major has not helped the situation at all. The migraines are becoming a daily beast and then leg cramps at night, so I decided to add some salt or broth the other night to a really bad day and within 15 minutes I felt great.:huh: Maybe my potassium levels are off and I don't cook with salt so maybe the 3L of water and paleo style eating requires a supplement. I truly hope this is it as hubby has noticed and has started pushing a doctor visit. I have also opted for an earlier bedtime and resumed listening to my hypnosis audios for some quality sleep. This morning I woke up felling refreshed and started the day with TJ, for a great KB fun workout. I'm into a new program so I'm working California hours which is not as smooth to manage as my East coast schedule .:yawn:

Thelma- Glad to see you were able to do 3. I'm prior military and use to be able to do 55 in 2 minutes, then I started back last year and was only able to do 5 before collapsing. :blushing: After Bootcamp and spiderman pushups, walking push-ups, etc , eventually I was able to do 20 and I'm still trying to get stronger. It takes time but soon you will be knocking those out. :wink:

Tami- Our weather dropped in the 20's later that night and the heat was back on again .:laugh: So here we go again with this strange weather pattern and bulky jackets. Drillmax always seems like so much fun.

Laurel- Way to rock those workouts of course. :wink:

Ok ladies my break is over. Have a great weekend!

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another day with 4DS. I actually started today with the warm-up and cardio blast premix from Cathe's Low Impact Circuit workout, then moved into the cardio/weights from 4DS Lower Intensity Step. I did all of the step work on 8", and no cries from my Achilles, so that is all good!

Tami, great workouts!!! I have Drill Max down for Sunday and can't wait. Yeah, I think I remember you trying that 4DS HIS step workout. Just a strange step workout, that's for sure. It's a shame because the series is SO good. I hope you had a good time last night! Any update on the changes at work? I hope all is good.

Thelma, congratulations on the continued weight loss!! As you get down to these last few pounds, they will come off more slowly. Don't let that frustrate you and, instead, maybe focus more on all the changes to your body the fitness is making! Even if the weight loss is slow, you will still experience tremendous physical changes given what you are doing.

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. Because you haven't been quite right for several weeks now, I am kind of in your husband's camp right now and thinking it might not hurt to see a doctor. :flowerforyou: I am the last person who should recommend this because I abhor going to doctors but, if nothing else, talking out your symptoms with a medical professional may put your mind at ease. Glad you were feeling more refreshed this morning, though. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!

I think I'm finally going to be able to come back and visit regularly!! :bigsmile: Lots of changes on my end, which has kept me away. My boss resigned this week, which has caused chaos at work and that has meant no time for rescue work. So, I have pulled out of that entirely. :sad: We're in the throws of hockey season, so running constantly.

But, I've been able to get in short workouts pretty much every day and working my way up to longer ones. I'm happy for that!

I hope you are all doing well and keeping up with the awesome workouts!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight was Meso 1 - Week 1 Back and Triceps. I went heavier than the first time I did this workout for a nice challenge and my triceps and back are feeling it. :heart: I have completed Meso - 1 Week 1 x 2. I'll start on week 2 next week.
    Given that I have PT twice a week I'm only going to be able to do 2 STS workouts per week because I want to make sure I have cardio time too.

Hi Michelle, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm with your husband on this one about going to the doctor. You haven't been feeling well for a while. Hopefully it's just a nutritional deficiency given that adding some salt to your food helped so much! We need sodium so at least consume whatever the daily allowance is.
    I'm glad a little more rest made such a big difference and you managed a nice workout! I have yet to try that workout. I have to try it! How long will you have to work on the California schedule for?
    Hopefully I'll increase my full push up count a little at-a-time! Wow! 55 pushups in 2 minutes! I don't think I would've survived the military! You're one strong lady!

Laurel Congrats on completing another day with 4DS! You really are good with the rotations! I'm so glad your Achilles tendon didn't cry over the 8" step! Great work!
    I'm not frustrated about the weight loss yet but that is only because I lost something. The day I don't lose any weight I'm sure I'll go mental. I am seeing changes with my body and that is going to keep me motivated. I've had a challenging week at work but I've still workout. Today was the first time in a while that the thought of not working out crossed my mind for a little while. I was tired but once I started working out I loved it specially because I was using heavier weights.

Erika, good to see you! Sorry about your rescue work. Hopefully you'll be able to pick it up soon.
    Congratulations on your workouts! It doesn't matter that they're short. The important part is that you're working out!

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • v70t5m
    Options
    Can you explain why you didn't calculate 1RM? I didn't calculate 1RM because I'm lazy about doing but I am challenging myself.

Thelma,

I think laziness and time constraints cover why I didn't calculate 1RM for the first time through. :ohwell: I've been lifting for years and got serious about 3 years ago? I figured I knew what my "working" weight was for most of the lifts.

I started on the legs that first day, and I was sore for an entire week. Talk about DOMS from H-E-double hockeysticks!

When I finished with my first cycle through Meso2, I did some yoga poses ... headstand prep and crow. I could hold them for so much longer than before the 4 week program. My upper body strength obviously jumped with Cathe's focused program.

As a result, I ordered Meso3, and while waiting for it, decided to run through Meso2 again ... after working out my 1RM. I wasn't over on any weights, but I was under on a couple. I'm now doing plie squats with a 45 pound dumbbell and I think I was doing 30 before calculating 1RM.

Kira
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Kira,
    Thanks for explaining. Time constraint is a huge factor me too. It seems that calculating the 1RM for each exercise will take a long time. Hopefully one of these days I'll have time to do the 1RM calculation at least for a few exercises.
    Friday I did Meso 1-1 back and triceps and my triceps and lats are still sore. I've not had sore triceps in years! I could tell I was challenging myself a lot more.

Congrats on all the progress you've made with the STS program! Cathe is awesome!
    Thelma
  • v70t5m
    Options
    Thelma,

I finally started the 1RM testing on the weekend, after my workouts. This way, I was mostly prepared during the week. I've found my 1RM is fairly accurate for the entire 4 week period. I might need to re-test before moving to Meso3 - I've been keeping notes on Cathe's printouts.

It has not been as time consumed as I expected. Mostly I grabbed weights that I knew I could only perform a couple reps with, and calculated from there. Of course, I grabbed a 50 for barbell curl ... did one agonizing rep and went "HA! No calculations needed here!!"

Tonight was disc 19 - and my triceps are just done.

Kira
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope everybody had a good weekend. Mine was very quiet. As a result, I worked out both days instead of taking my usual 'rest' Saturday. On Saturday, I finished 4DS with the Bootcamp workout. Yesterday was Drill Max and for a little extra push, I did all of the cardio sections together at the end of the workout. :heart: Today was Cathe's High Step Training which is one I don't do very often. There is a big dread factor for me due to the six sets of leg presses. :noway: But once I get into it! I realize this is one of Cathe's best circuit workouts. I really enjoyed it today. And, for that little bit of extra intensity, I finished it off with Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs. Needless to say, the legs are a bit tired right now!

Erika, so good to see you! I am sorry to hear about the changes at work. But I am more sorry to hear you've had to leave the rescue work. But I also understand that sometimes those tough decisions need to be made. Look forward to seeing you more often!!

Thelma, about the 1RM, I remember I took a weekend day and just made it my workout. It didn't take much longer than an hour (maybe 90 minutes) because, like Kira, I kind of had a going in idea on how to approach it (heavier weights and fewer reps). I know it looks like it will take forever, but it really doesn't. It just isn't much fun. :ohwell: Great job with completing your first round of week 1 STS workouts!!!

Kira, I tend to get serious DOMS from the STS leg workouts. The first time I did the program, I was like :noway: . Killed me.....but in a good way. But the benefits completely outweighed that drawback. Never has a program transformed my lower body more than STS!! I hope you enjoy Meso 3!!!

I will be in and out all week, so if I don't get here much.......I will be thinking about you!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! :flowerforyou: Sorry I missed you all on Friday. I ended up taking Friday as my REST day. Saturday I did a back-to-back action of STS Total Body followed by Kelley-Coffey Meyer Shape Up. Which is a tabata style workout of weights-cardio back and forth. Yesterday was Cathe’s Afterburn, which felt great! We were hit with some serious snow since Friday and yesterday I ended up just staying in finishing up laundry, cleaning and meal prepping for the week. It is supposed to now warm up again and get rainy . . . . which will be a mess. I think we acquired 8-10 inches since Friday so that will not be fun to slush around in, the rain has already started here. Today’s workout will be BootCamp after work.

Laurel: Great workouts with 4DS!!! Also with DrillMax and High Step Training! I might need to get that one out . . . I'm one of those crazy people that like the leg presses :blushing: (ok, like to HATE them!) I am hoping to get in a good leg and upper body workout this week forsure! :bigsmile: Kick Max too! Thanks for asking about work. Our new insurance program finally kicked in effective Feb. 1st. Kind of a big mess there and I will spare you the details but I am insured now and the employees are now paying 30% (better than 100). :frown: Have an appt to get my retirement rolled into something else now so that I can manage that, but they are not contributing anything anymore :sad: :mad: As far as my job it is the same and things are fine there but I have been throwing the idea around to at least meet with my longtime manager/owner to discuss things since I am just feeling un-easy. Unfortunately I don’t care for our new manager that came into place a couple months ago so don’t feel comfortable having that conversation with him.

Erika: So good to hear from you! :smile: I’m sorry things have been so crazy for you at work and the pet rescue has been set aside for now. As fulfilling as that is for you I am sure it is a huge bummer, but hopefully soon you will have the time again to work on that. :flowerforyou:

Michelle: I hope you are feeling better, but if not I’m with Laurel in hoping you might just get an opinion from the doctor for peace of mind if nothing else. :flowerforyou: Hope your weekend was good!

Thelma: Fantastic work with STS last Thursday! :drinker: When or "if" the day comes that you don’t have a big difference on the scale, try your best to not be overly frustrated! :wink: There are periods of time that you will stall out …. Just keep pushing on! You’ll have another spurt of weightloss in no time. Sometimes it is just changing things up a little bit. Either the food or workouts. I’m the same way on if I'm thinking of missing a workout. But usually when I don't, I feel way worse unless I have mentally told myself "it's ok" just REST today. Like Friday :laugh: Some days are just like that and you don’t feel like it but when you do the workout you feel fantastic and happy you pushed “play” Hope you had a great weekend.

Hope you ladies had a great weekend ~ Happy Monday :drinker:

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm glad you all had a good weekend. We had a busy weekend. Saturday DH drove me to my hair cut appointment which is 45 minutes from our home. Then he went to our accountant to get our taxes done around the corner from the hair place. When I was done I joined him since he'd had to wait 35 minutes. The we went shopping for a charity called Birthday Party (or something like that) for my job, then a movie. Sunday was our busy day planning meals for the week and doing the usual house work.

OMG I did Meso 1 - Week 2 Legs and I'm not sure I'll be able to walk tomorrow! I totally up'd my weights and did everything except putting the weights on the floor during the wall squats. I held on to the weights the entire time. My hamstrings and my butt are hurting. Nice burn too! 604 calories! I even did the challenge part at the end.

Saturday I did Rockout Knockout and yesterday I did the spinning bike while I watched TV. Tomorrow night is PT and it also weigh in/measurement day. I wanted to wait till Thursday but the trainer is pushing to do it on Tuesday. This means I won't really have a good workout as the weigh in/measurement day includes doing other things like cardio endurance, pushups and flexibility tests. I suppose this is OK because my legs are going to be hurting.

Kira, I think I'd want to do the 1RM before a workout so I'm not fatigued. I was thinking along the lines of what Laurel suggested and just make a workout out of the test. It sure doesn't sound like fun though. I'm still not sure when I'm going to have time for this exercise. At least I know that I am challenging myself a LOT more than I was before.
    It might be a good idea for you to retest before starting Meso 3.

OMG if my triceps are still sore from the Week 1 DVD I can't imagine what Disc 19 feels like! OUCH!

Laurel - As always incredible workouts from you! :drinker:
    I like the idea of making a workout out of the 1RM test. I agree with you that it doesn't sound like fun. I need the structure of someone telling me what to do. Cathe should do a workout out of this 1RM test!

Tami - Good for you for taking a day off! I can't believe you got more snow! We just missed a big storm today. We totally lucked out. Great workouts too! I'm always amazed at you and Laurel doing back to back workouts! Hopefully some day I'll have that kind of energy!
    Thanks for the advice on not getting frustrated if I don't lose weight on a given week. When that day comes I'll have to remind myself how my body is changing. I'm toning up. I had these big bra bulges on my back and I could not see any of that today. That right there is another big change. I can feel that STS is going to reshape my body.
    At least not doing the same workouts every week keep the body guessing about what I'm going to hit it with next. Laurel also said that I may have to add a little more food to get the calorie burning going again.
    I'm really happy about the fact that I'm no longer talking myself out of exercising even when I'm really tired.

Michelle - I hope you're feeling better!

Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Lots of chaos on my end as budget issues has led to team leaders working both positions with less pay. Some of us are feeling like sacrificial lambs with hourly cuts as much as $15-25.:grumble: I have had headaches two days in a row and I see that some of it is because of this craziness that has surfaced recently along with potential hydration issues. Needless to say the camp has spoken and I'm trying to get a doctors apt but with such a small facility here, referrals are so sporadic and tend to get lost in the chain. :grumble: I have been enjoying some old TK workouts but in the process hurt my shoulder and it hurts to even lay on my back. My youngest gave me a massage last night and this morning I opted to lift weights in hopes of loosening up the muscles. So Kelly Meyers Split Sessions Total Body Premix followed by Zumba...some moves were difficult but going light on shoulders did work.

Erika- Glad to see you and hopefully more often.:flowerforyou:

Thelma- Sounds like a great weekend! What movie did you see? We are hoping to see Non-Stop this weekend or 300 but with scheduled Girl Scout training and birthday parties at Chuckie Cheese, we are not sure.:bigsmile:

Tami- How was Shape Up? Is that her group workout or her newest ones by herself? Woo-hoo on the Rest Day.:wink: Bummer on the manager but go with your instincts, as far as the IRA it stinks when companies no longer contribute to the funds. I just discussed this with my mom whose company does not contribute at all. :huh:

Laurel- Yowzer on the combination, was that a trifecta:tongue: Enjoy your busy week.

Ok off to work.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was a good class last night. Nothing over the top, just a good mix of things and in the end we did abwork alternating with push-ups after each set. This a.m. I opted for Cathe’s Kick Punch & Crunch! :bigsmile: Such a fun workout. Tonight will be Insane-X.

Thelma: Sounds like a nice day with DH and getting your hair done on Saturday. :flowerforyou: I have my appt scheduled for this Saturday. Nice workouts over the weekend . . . and holy moley on the calorie burn with your leg workout! Way to work. Good luck tonight with your PT session, measurements and fit test. :wink: I’m sure you are going to stun yourself with all of it! Can’t wait to hear how it goes. When I did my 1RM testing I did the same kind of thing. Just made it into my workout that day because it does take some time. Kind of boring as you go but so worth it in the end to have a good target to go with throughout STS. Thanks for the kudos on my workouts over the weekend. They felt great. I love it when I have the time to do a back-to-back.:smile: All that snow we received is now disappearing fast. Our temps and the rain are washing it all away :huh: Crazy!

Michelle: Sorry to hear about the budget issues and headaches going right along with that. :smile: I’m glad “the camp” has spoken and you will be trying to see your doctor. I think it will be a good thing! :flowerforyou: I really liked “Shape Up” . . . it is one of her new ones. I had ordered it during her sale in Dec/Jan. It is her by herself leading the workout. The time flew by really and was a good workout. She does the warm-up, then a cardio drill for 20 seconds, rest 10 and repeat 7 more times. Then you do a weight drill for 20 seconds, rest 10 and repeat 7 more times. She works every body part and I would say the legs get the work from the cardio drills. Her usual set-up where you can do a 30-min workout (2 different ones) or combine them both into an hour. I went for that one! Thanks for your understanding on the retirement issue …:ohwell: . It is beyond frustrating for me forsure, such a disappointment. The decision was made because the company that we merged with didn’t have any retirement ever so they weren’t going to offer it; therefore because the new company is all under one umbrella our “old” company couldn’t do it anymore. That’s what they said to us anyway :grumble:

Hope you are all having a great day! Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami