My Experience with Dr. Oz Detox/Cleanse Smoothies

Options

Replies

• ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think the main point is here is that your body already cleanses for you
    if your body didnt detox itself... well you would be dead. just sayin :glasses:

Yes and the chemicals that are not cleansed from your body naturally cause illness and disease like cancer. I'm not advocating a detox for weight loss purposes only pointing out that the human body does not effectively detox itself.

What chemicals are not removed from the body that would require a detoxification process?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Yes and the chemicals that are not cleansed from your body naturally cause illness and disease like cancer. I'm not advocating a detox for weight loss purposes only pointing out that the human body does not effectively detox itself.

name one.

Anyone, name a single toxin that is built up in your body that drinking fruit pulp will rid you of, but that your body will not take care of on its own.

I'll wait. It'll give Jof a break

350x700px-LL-1505f92c_waiting.jpeg
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

What chemicals are not removed from the body that would require a detoxification process?

The ones that are responsible for undead unicorns. The name escapes me at the moment.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

name one.

Anyone, name a single toxin that is built up in your body that drinking fruit pulp will rid you of, but that your body will not take care of on its own.

taking up the crusade I see?
  • sydenham24
    Options
    Wow, man, do you all need to pile on? I actually agree with you but your self righteous pestering of this woman is the exact doctrinaire attitude you don't like about dr. Oz. repeatedly saying "please repost the results" is transparent and snarky. There's no warmth to it. How about "that's good, but I don't ink it wil help in the long run". ?

Actually, she is successfully practicing a CBT weight loss technique in which you build up willpower and dieting prowess.
    She is also giving herself, briefly, that feeling of lightness we all have on a good day.

Show some manners and support for the person, if not the technique.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

name one.

taking up the crusade I see?

It is kind of entertaining. So far, out of the eleventy billion cleanse threads, the responses have been:
    -99.9% silence
    -'casein'
    -caffeine
    -bad thoughts/feelings

I don't think those last three count.
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Thank you for openly sharing your experience. Today is my first day on this site and if the comments you received are the types of support you get here, I think I'll pass. I had plan to try the Dr. Oz detox before I read your post and I still want to try it. I wish you well with your new healthy lifestyle.

Dont leave.Most people on Mfp are supportive..just use the ignore feature on those who think its 'entertaining' to be rude.
  • lovelayla
    Options

TRUTH
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with Dr. Fuhrman's "Eat to Live"? From your post it may be something you would be interested in.

This ^^
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    egon-nod.gif

Well, you know he's dead now, so....

:wink:
  • QuietBloom
    Options

TRUTH

What chemicals are not cleansed from you body by your liver and kidneys?
  • ndj1979
    Options

TRUTH

ok, then please explain what toxins a cleanse gets rid of that your body does not naturally get rid of on its own?
  • lovelayla
    Options
    Why did you even post your experience? You're not helping anyone. Those that follow blindly won't fix their real problem. It's a band-aid on a wound. You knew there would be a lot of drama. Sounds like you were just really bored. Well, I expected more gifs, but the butthurt was too much tonight. Good luck!

Skip the gimmicks and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Because she has a right to post HER experience as much as you had the right NOT to read it...MAYBE you all MISSED the part where she said she was sharing her experience..NOT RECRUITING PEOPLE TO DRINK THE BIG BAD MEAN OLE VEGETABLES!!!!!
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options

TRUTH

Name one chemical that is not naturally removed from the body that can only be removed via a detoxing process like that and I will literally write you and the OP a letter in apology.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

TRUTH

If this is the TRUTH then how about you name some the toxins you're cleansing? Come on, people are waiting... Oh wait, you have me on ignore, but all you others feel free to chime in.

Funny how you guys like to shoot your mouth off about toxins but immediately become mute when asked to elaborate.

ETA: Slow pony <_> beat by a few other posts.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Wow, man, do you all need to pile on? I actually agree with you but your self righteous pestering of this woman is the exact doctrinaire attitude you don't like about dr. Oz. repeatedly saying "please repost the results" is transparent and snarky. There's no warmth to it. How about "that's good, but I don't ink it wil help in the long run". ?

Actually, she is successfully practicing a CBT weight loss technique in which you build up willpower and dieting prowess.
    She is also giving herself, briefly, that feeling of lightness we all have on a good day.

show support for what? A cleanse that cost her 16.00 a day and she then admitted that it probably "did nothing" to help with anything. she lost a total of four pounds over three days, which was probably all water weight. this "cleanse" did nothing to put her on a long term path to sustainable, long term weight loss.

Also, when someone post something like this, why is everyone just expected to nod there head and say "great job OP, good luck on your cleanse journey"…then some newbie is going to come in here and think that this is a legit way to lose weight, which it is not….

sorry it is a public forum and people are free to post about the detriment of this supposed "program"….
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Warmth? MFP not kumbaya enough for you?

If correcting misinformation is perceived as 'harsh' by you, you might just be in the wrong the place.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Why did you even post your experience? You're not helping anyone. Those that follow blindly won't fix their real problem. It's a band-aid on a wound. You knew there would be a lot of drama. Sounds like you were just really bored. Well, I expected more gifs, but the butthurt was too much tonight. Good luck!

Skip the gimmicks and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Because she has a right to post HER experience as much as you had the right NOT to read it...MAYBE you all MISSED the part where she said she was sharing her experience..NOT RECRUITING PEOPLE TO DRINK THE BIG BAD MEAN OLE VEGETABLES!!!!!

still waiting for you to identify the toxins that your body does not naturally cleanse itself of…..
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Wut?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

TRUTH

And you seriously believe that a few days consuming nothing but blended fruits/veggies eliminates these heretofore unnamed "toxins" or "chemicals" from your body that wouldn't otherwise be eliminated while eating a well-balanced diet of regular food?

Do you also believe that cinnamon and/or cayenne pepper increases your metabolism?

(How is it I'm supposed to phrase this so as not to offend anyone?)

Uh...that's good, but I don't [th]ink it will help in the long run.

Actually, no...it's *not* good. It's a complete fabrication and it completely ignores solid science that thoroughly debunks it. I'm sorry that you're wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that you're still wrong.

TL;DR - Not TRUTH...but FALSE.
This discussion has been closed.