50 pounds by June 1st challenge part 2

Options

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in... 294 that is 5lbs down this week!
  • MakeMeOver
    Options
    Checking in. 186 this week.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Tessa - congrats on your halfway mark goal! Maybe we can hit ONEderland together! I've been trying for almost 2 months to hit it now!
    12-06-10 204.0 lbs - Thanksgiving weight is GONE!

Goal for June 1st: 156 lbs

we are just a lb apart and the same height... we COULD do it if we try.

AWESOME! We can do it! :bigsmile:
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    CW=190.2 I had a .6 weight loss for the week. So not where I wanted to be...I was hoping to be out of the 190's but that's ok. I will accept my .6 and move on to next week. :happy:
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    Ok so story of my life (with my weight anyways). I have a bad week last week and then gain 3 pounds... I am down about it kinda
    pi$$ed off about it and what do I do about it today? I eat! What a jacka$$! I am now at 12:35 in the day and already 700 calories over my daily limit!

so I feel worse (and stuffed!) but I will not eat again today (I hope) or at most a tiny snack tonight and back to the grindstone tomorrow! Anyways sorry for this, just mad at myself!

We all have bad days/weeks - I have had a few of them myself - don't let it get you down, today is a new day, just get back on track. Life is about mistakes and accomplishments - without those mistakes we wouldn't appreciate our accomplishments as much!! You'll do it!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I'm feeling good this morning as my legs burn from working out the last 3 mornings. I haven't done this well since we started - have had so much stress to deal with but I'm working through my issues and feeling good - and this morning I'm down 0.6 pounds!! Yipee!!

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I weighed in today, since it has been exactly one month since I joined MFP and started trying to lose weight. I am down exactly 7 lbs today. I thought the number would be higher (I was hoping for at least 8), but hey, I am 7 lbs lighter then I was 4 weeks ago, right? My SW was 185, my current weight is 178. :)
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    :sick: I have a nasty head cold. I haven't exercised all week. Just have not had the energy. Hopefully it will pass soon.
    I have been staying close to my calorie range. +/- I like to keep my body guessing.
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hey everyone,been busy and fighting a cold.I had gained a few pounds over Thanksgiving(slightly bigger portions than normal-did really good though esp with my tofurkey and vegan options) now I'm back down to 201.Really hoping to break the 200s this month!I resisted pizza temptation twice-yay!Lost one more inch!Keep up the good work everyone.
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody. I must say this has been a great week for me. After gaining weight last week and realizing exactly how "lazy" I have been, not just about working out but I have let my house go as well, I have started a new thing where I am planning out EVERYTHING I am going to do for the day. Everything from waking up to putting my PJ's on a night. Well I have found that if I schedule my workout for the day then I will do it because I dont like not having everything crossed out on my list and it makes me feel so good when I can cross out "exercise" off my to-do list. Anyways it is working out so well that I weighted myself today (haven't weighted since sunday) and I have already lost that pound I had gained from last week and it's only been 3 days, plus my house is a whole lot cleaner, lol. I hope everyone is having a good week and if you are not then dont worry I know things will get better
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I found a picture of myself this evening, taken in May of 1989 at my boyfriend's prom (i was a senior, him a junior -- the scandal! LOL).. anyways, i looked at the picture and i know for a fact that i graduated the next month weighing 157. So an estimate of the weight in the picture is 155ish. I look nice.. thin but not *overly thin* but definitely slender. I am starting to wonder now about setting my MFP goal at 140. Maybe this is going to be too low? Not sure. The top end of the "healthy" range is 174 for me, btw.. Anyhoo, i am scanning the picture in tomorrow morning and will post it here for you all to give feedback on. Please be honest and thanks in advance!
  • mizzdivat
    mizzdivat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been an MFP member for almost 2 months now and it's been great!
    My goals for the time being are:
    1) To be under 200lbs by 3/1/11
    2) To not go over my calories on weekends
    3) To watch the sugar intake....soooooooo hard
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    This week was a hard one for me, with working late and skipping the gym, vowing to workout at night and then going to bed instead

But this morning I did my workout at 5:00am and I must say I feel pretty darn good... hopefully I can keep this up till weigh in day cause I havent lost anything in weeks and its gettuing a bit de-motivating
  • raindancer
    Options
    I have to get over this cold!!:sick:
    I am one of those people who eat when they are sick. I never just lay down and rest. I just EAT!! hoping to get some strenght.
    I ate my usual breakfast. 2 egg whites ,2 tbs turkey sauage crumbles, 1 sclice of 35 calorie toast. sounds nice and light.
    When I got to work a co-worker was selling burritos. so I had a bacon and egg burrito, The very shortly afterwards someone came in with donuts. I ate 2!! I'm telling you I ate 2 freaking chocolate glazed donuts. I brought a lean cuisine for lunch and I better eat that late because that will be all I can have for the day.:sad:
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I have to get over this cold!!:sick:
    I am one of those people who eat when they are sick. I never just lay down and rest. I just EAT!! hoping to get some strenght.
    I ate my usual breakfast. 2 egg whites ,2 tbs turkey sauage crumbles, 1 sclice of 35 calorie toast. sounds nice and light.
    When I got to work a co-worker was selling burritos. so I had a bacon and egg burrito, The very shortly afterwards someone came in with donuts. I ate 2!! I'm telling you I ate 2 freaking chocolate glazed donuts. I brought a lean cuisine for lunch and I better eat that late because that will be all I can have for the day.:sad:

sounds like you need an emergency workout session this evening!!! Yikes! Depending on how full you feel later, you may want to have an apple and a coffee and a couple glasses of water for lunch and hold off on that meal till later. Not sure if this is the best strategy, but it is what *I* would try to do! ..... We've all been there.... but the good thing is, you have time to pull yourself out of this if you make good choices for the rest of the day :) STAY BUSY! When i am busy, i dont eat as much! Good luck!

........... and my 3 year old just brought me a piece of his cinnamon toast "for you mama".... how can i not? :P
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    hey all :) Hope the day is going well for you! I just posted that prom pic i was talking about but i put it on another thread 1) to get more feedback and 2) to not clog up our 50 lb challenge thread ... Would love your input though!! Thread is located http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/140375-reconsidering-my-goal-pic
  • bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    Im so freaking mad at myself!!!! I weighed myself this morning and im 272 lbs. Im 1 pound over my starting weight. I need to stop eating what my family is eating. THey are pigs and eating out all the time and I just cant seem to help myself. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Banios I have an enabler too. Alway going and getting sweets or bbq or something that i really love and don't need. I keep thinking that they want to keep me fat. Well that 's not going to happen. Just remember your worth having a healthy life. Love yourself enough to deny yourself things that are bad for you. I don't know it you have children but sometimes we have to treat ourselves as such. We wouldn't allow our children to eat a whole bag of oreo's or a hugh piece of cake. So treat yourself kindly. Love your self like you would love a little child. Sometimes you just have to tell them NO:frown:
  • raindancer
    Options
    Im so freaking mad at myself!!!! I weighed myself this morning and im 272 lbs. Im 1 pound over my starting weight. I need to stop eating what my family is eating. THey are pigs and eating out all the time and I just cant seem to help myself. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yep, it is a pain in the butt to fix something separate but that is the only way I can lose.
    Dh is always bringing something home..you know. "honey, I brought you an apple fritter I know how much you love them" Then acts all hurt when I refuse it..
    Jeez!! I've been married to him for nearly 37years Seems to me he could be a little more supportive.

But I decided it is my body and I need to take care of it before it is too late.

YOU JUST DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES FOR YOU!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options

Yep, it is a pain in the butt to fix something separate but that is the only way I can lose.
    Dh is always bringing something home..you know. "honey, I brought you an apple fritter I know how much you love them" Then acts all hurt when I refuse it..
    Jeez!! I've been married to him for nearly 37years Seems to me he could be a little more supportive.

But I decided it is my body and I need to take care of it before it is too late.

YOU JUST DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES FOR YOU!!

Introduce your husband to MY husband, sitting in a chair tethered to an oxygen tank with a tube stuck up his nose, a scar on his chest 12 inches long and puncture wounds all over his body from having veins stripped and drainage tubes inserted and tell him it is the result of doughnuts for breakfast, doughnuts on his breaks, doughnuts for lunch and a four cup bowl of ice cream every night.

You're right - you have to do whatever it takes for you.