curvy girls or men who like them

Options

Replies

• MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My husband loves curves and toneness in a woman. :)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My current guy loves my curves, but I assured him that all my proportions are the same when I lose weight. It's true, too! Even back at 5'6" 110 lbs, I was told I should be an underwear model. My measurements as of today are around 37-26-40 at around 140.

You really can't defy your shape.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I am a curvy girl. I've lost over 100 lbs and as you can see, still curvy with an hourglass figure. You'll still have your curves, just smaller. You look wonderful by the way! Don't let his comment hinder your weight loss goals. :drinker:
  • claudiacmarsh
    Options
    WOW! I leave the internet for a few hours and this is what happens. All I wanted was to swap stories with other "curvy" girl who have heard ridiculous things from men.

Here's my take on what's been said. There is a difference between curvy and overweight. One describes body shape. One describes weight in proportion to height. I am overweight, but I'm also curvy. People can be overweight and apple shaped, or overweight and pear shaped, or overweight and hourglass shaped.

I've coined the term amazon to describe myself. I'm almost 6' tall and have G cups. I'm an amazon.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    When I think of curvy, I think of Jessica Rabbit. . . Lemme go Google at her proportions.

Damn cartoons ruined my view of the world. Everyone runs around with eyes that take up half their face and swords to cut down bushes in a feeble attempt to collect rupees and heart pieces.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    WOW! I leave the internet for a few hours and this is what happens. All I wanted was to swap stories with other "curvy" girl who have heard ridiculous things from men.

Here's my take on what's been said. There is a difference between curvy and overweight. One describes body shape. One describes weight in proportion to height. I am overweight, but I'm also curvy. People can be overweight and apple shaped, or overweight and pear shaped, or overweight and hourglass shaped.

I've coined the term amazon to describe myself. I'm almost 6' tall and have G cups. I'm an amazon.

"Curvy" threads, or really any kind of body type threads, are always dumpster fires. :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    When I think of curvy, I think of Jessica Rabbit. . . Lemme go Google at her proportions.

Damn cartoons ruined my view of the world. Everyone runs around with eyes that take up half their face and swords to cut down bushes in a feeble attempt to collect rupees and heart pieces.

giphy.gif
  • Achrya
    Options

I salute you and your amazonian glory. Don't worry about that guy; if you're curvy you'll always be curvy and if he can't appreciate you as (whatever size)and curvy he isn't the guy for you.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

^sexy!

2prfhuu.jpg

I'll be back in a few hours to save Zelda
  • cpcoursec
    cpcoursec Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My husband loves curves and toneness in a woman. :)

This!
  • Achrya
    Options
    the problem is most women use the words "curvey" when they are overweight. I think "curvy" is how you are built (hourglass, pear, apple shapes, top heavy, bottom heavy, etc) and if you are carrying the right weight on the right frame you can be curvy and sexy.

I dont think "curvy" is sexy on a woman who is overweight and unhealthy.
    Ultimetely healthy is the new sexy, and if that includes curves as well then it is your lucky day!

Sorry go ahead and get butt hurt and hate me.

I agree with you on the fact that the term "curvy" is often misused.
    I don't think "curvy" should even be a compliment since any girl can be beautiful, even without very prominent curves.
    Especially if you consider that, whatever curvy might mean, it's mostly used as a compliment only when a girl is somewhat thin or at least good looking.
    Same thing goes for the term "sexy".
    A girl can be sexy at any weight in my opinion.
    Sexy is sexy, curvy is curvy, and healthy is healthy, you don't have to be curvy or healthy to be sexy or whatever.

Soo...things should only be compliments if they're able to apply to everyone? Should things like 'Ripped' 'Athletic' and the like also no longer be compliments because people can be attractive without being those things?

Genuinely confused here.

UUUUMMMMM YES

substituting "curvy" for overweight is sugar coating things and not being truthful, part of the American Problem, everything has to be fair instead of true. Our kids cant win or lose their sports games and overweight women are "curvy" instead of being told they are unhealthy and need to lose weight. We gloss over things to keep a smile on peoples faces instead of addressing real issues.

It is the American way I geuss.

...did you mean to reply to me?
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

Using the word "curvy" on an mfp thread is too controversial. People here just can't handle it. Before you know it, it might be banned altogether.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Because everyone uses curvy as a euphemism for being overweight, right?

not everyone, but way too many people do use it that way, therefore taking away the actual meaning of curvy.

Mostly girls, by the way... at least concerning my personal experience.
    It often happens to me that, when I say I am fat, girls will answer me "noo, you're not fat, you're curvy".
    Which makes me giggle - I can calculate my BMI by myself, but yeah... I still appreciate the effort :tongue:

TIL BMI is a metric for curvy, instead of actual...you know. curves and bust/hip/waist ratios.

I know, I don't believe in the complete and absolute power of BMI as a fitness-indicator tool, I was referring to it just to make an example. Lets say I know about a few ways to decide whether I am curvy or "just" overweight.

I hear what you are saying. Maybe people do need to face that they are overweight not just curvy or whatever. But then there are many, many, many people like me, who have struggled with massive body image issues including eating disorders or whatever that prefer the term because, as if you don't get called fat by others enough, it helps calm the anxiety. Yes I know I am effin overweight, what do you rather I say? Cos to me some of you just sound *****y and rude, like you don't care about people's feelings.
    Where I come from, if you aren't brown, you are supposed to be thin, well I am not thin, so I coin the term curvy for that reason also. You can say it's overused but think about WHY people use the term, who cares how cliche it sounds if it helps people have peace with their bodies.

A. What?

B. When I was overweight I just called myself overweight.

C. I'm sorry if people wanting others to use the proper words to describe things upsets you so much.

It's not that people want to use the proper term for themselves its them imposing what they think is the right term on others. What didn't you understand with what I wrote? I am confused about "A". Call yourself overweight when you are overweight if you like, but for others its harder than that. Why do you insist on being insensitive? It's great that you haven't felt that kind of anxiety but don't be nasty about it!

But Overweight is the right term. It's not an offensive term, it's an actual medical term to describe one who has a body fat percentage above what is considered healthy. It's factual, not insensitive or nasty.

Great go use it. But if you read what I wrote, people with major Body Issues and anxieties may need to use a word that feels kinder. BMI could tell you that you are obese are you going to coin that too? It doesn't feel nice. And when you already have problems loving yourself, using those terms hurts more. I am out, not sure you guys will ever understand.

When I was obese I called myself obese, yes. I felt awful about myself, there were days when I just wanted to fade away and cease to exist...but I fail to see how using 'cute/kinder' terms would have changed anything. I would have still been 200+ pounds, but with a 'kind' term to refer to myself as?

Nonsense.

Yeah cos we all have the same personalities ay...go figure girl..Lets all be you!
    I am not trying to say you don't know what it's like, I am trying to say that you lack understanding that other's aren't like you. We all tick differently so get an EQ and stop messing with people...as I see you have done on other threads. Cool you were obese and lost weight good for you, I really mean that. But please realise, as I am trying to see your point of view and I do see it btw, I totally get it, see that some people are different.
  • Achrya
    Options
    the problem is most women use the words "curvey" when they are overweight. I think "curvy" is how you are built (hourglass, pear, apple shapes, top heavy, bottom heavy, etc) and if you are carrying the right weight on the right frame you can be curvy and sexy.

I dont think "curvy" is sexy on a woman who is overweight and unhealthy.
    Ultimetely healthy is the new sexy, and if that includes curves as well then it is your lucky day!

Sorry go ahead and get butt hurt and hate me.

I agree with you on the fact that the term "curvy" is often misused.
    I don't think "curvy" should even be a compliment since any girl can be beautiful, even without very prominent curves.
    Especially if you consider that, whatever curvy might mean, it's mostly used as a compliment only when a girl is somewhat thin or at least good looking.
    Same thing goes for the term "sexy".
    A girl can be sexy at any weight in my opinion.
    Sexy is sexy, curvy is curvy, and healthy is healthy, you don't have to be curvy or healthy to be sexy or whatever.

Soo...things should only be compliments if they're able to apply to everyone? Should things like 'Ripped' 'Athletic' and the like also no longer be compliments because people can be attractive without being those things?

Genuinely confused here.

UUUUMMMMM YES

substituting "curvy" for overweight is sugar coating things and not being truthful, part of the American Problem, everything has to be fair instead of true. Our kids cant win or lose their sports games and overweight women are "curvy" instead of being told they are unhealthy and need to lose weight. We gloss over things to keep a smile on peoples faces instead of addressing real issues.

It is the American way I geuss.

...did you mean to reply to me?

Yes I replied to you. But it is just my opinion, take from it what you want.

So you replied to me, in a hostile fashion, while agreeing with me? Because I've been saying nothing but 'Curvy shouldn't be used as another word for Overweight't he entire time. I'm also not in favor of participation trophies or calling things what they aren't, which is why your reply to me makes no sense. Because your opinion is in line with my opinion, and yet you seem so...adamant.

You're an odd duck aren't you?
  • Achrya
    Options

not everyone, but way too many people do use it that way, therefore taking away the actual meaning of curvy.

It often happens to me that, when I say I am fat, girls will answer me "noo, you're not fat, you're curvy".
    Which makes me giggle - I can calculate my BMI by myself, but yeah... I still appreciate the effort :tongue:

TIL BMI is a metric for curvy, instead of actual...you know. curves and bust/hip/waist ratios.

I know, I don't believe in the complete and absolute power of BMI as a fitness-indicator tool, I was referring to it just to make an example. Lets say I know about a few ways to decide whether I am curvy or "just" overweight.

I hear what you are saying. Maybe people do need to face that they are overweight not just curvy or whatever. But then there are many, many, many people like me, who have struggled with massive body image issues including eating disorders or whatever that prefer the term because, as if you don't get called fat by others enough, it helps calm the anxiety. Yes I know I am effin overweight, what do you rather I say? Cos to me some of you just sound *****y and rude, like you don't care about people's feelings.
    Where I come from, if you aren't brown, you are supposed to be thin, well I am not thin, so I coin the term curvy for that reason also. You can say it's overused but think about WHY people use the term, who cares how cliche it sounds if it helps people have peace with their bodies.

A. What?

C. I'm sorry if people wanting others to use the proper words to describe things upsets you so much.

It's not that people want to use the proper term for themselves its them imposing what they think is the right term on others. What didn't you understand with what I wrote? I am confused about "A". Call yourself overweight when you are overweight if you like, but for others its harder than that. Why do you insist on being insensitive? It's great that you haven't felt that kind of anxiety but don't be nasty about it!

But Overweight is the right term. It's not an offensive term, it's an actual medical term to describe one who has a body fat percentage above what is considered healthy. It's factual, not insensitive or nasty.

Great go use it. But if you read what I wrote, people with major Body Issues and anxieties may need to use a word that feels kinder. BMI could tell you that you are obese are you going to coin that too? It doesn't feel nice. And when you already have problems loving yourself, using those terms hurts more. I am out, not sure you guys will ever understand.

When I was obese I called myself obese, yes. I felt awful about myself, there were days when I just wanted to fade away and cease to exist...but I fail to see how using 'cute/kinder' terms would have changed anything. I would have still been 200+ pounds, but with a 'kind' term to refer to myself as?

Nonsense.

Yeah cos we all have the same personalities ay...go figure girl..Lets all be you!
    I am not trying to say you don't know what it's like, I am trying to say that you lack understanding that other's aren't like you. We all tick differently so get an EQ and stop messing with people...as I see you have done on other threads. Cool you were obese and lost weight good for you, I really mean that. But please realise, as I am trying to see your point of view and I do see it btw, I totally get it, see that some people are different.

We are all different, but words are words and they mean what they mean. Your feelings don't change what a word means. My ability to see things from your point of view doesn't change what words mean.

Overweight is overweight.

Obese is Obese.

You can be curvy and overweight and you can be curvy and obese but these words are not interchangeable and they aren't synonyms. Just because you want a kinder term than the actual medical term doesn't change things.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

A. What?

Nonsense.

We are all different, but words are words and they mean what they mean. Your feelings don't change what a word means. My ability to see things from your point of view doesn't change what words mean.

Overweight is overweight.

Obese is Obese.

You can be curvy and overweight and you can be curvy and obese but these words are not interchangeable and they aren't synonyms. Just because you want a kinder term than the actual medical term doesn't change things.

Ok, so question for you, because it seems you are fighting both sides here... are you for or against the term "curvy" being overused? Because earlier, it seemed you were saying it isn't. Yet, here, it almost seems as if you are saying it is....