Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies.
    OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I was greeted by my trainer this afternoon and she handed me a white envelope with my name on it. I asked what it was and she said: "you've won the client of the month award" :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    The note from the owner on the card said that I'd won for my the hard work I've been doing and that Sarah (my PT) has been really impressed by my hard work and dedication lately and it looks like it's paying off. So my name will appear in this month's enewsletter! Apparently the winner was selected last week because Sarah had been asking me about the things I like to do on weekends. I honestly can't even remember this conversation! Anyway, I got $50 worth of AMC Theaters gift cards. I think they made this decision because they know that I should've won last month. I could've won two months in a row! That's OK. I won't even complain about to her anymore because in my heart I know I won last month too!.

My assessment went pretty well too. According to their scale I've lost 7 lbs. Of course this is after drinking 9 cups of water and 3 cups of coffee today! I just go by my scale when it comes to my weight. My heart rate 3 minute step ups test was great. I improved by 20 bpm's.
    since I started 1/1/14 my body fat has gone down 3.9%, body fat - 1.4%, chest -1", waist -1.25", hips -1.75", thigh -.5", arm no change since 1/1/14 but last month I'd gone up .25" and this time I lost that.
    My flexibility had improved and I was able to do more pushups since last month.
    I also thought I was going to have a low calorie day due to the assessment but I burned 587 calories. I don't even know how I managed to contain myself from telling DH over the phone about my win at the gym. I waited till we sat at the table to have our dinner. I just handed him the card. I just watched him read, then smile from ear to ear. He gave me a big hug and a kiss and I could tell how proud of me he was. :love: I just cried!

This totally made my week because I've had a horrible week at work so far. I'm leading a project and I have two people reporting to me. One of them is a problem child but he's more of a grumpy old man. I've been dragging him into the boss' office almost daily since last week because he refuses to take direction from me and won't accept feedback on his work without going crazy on us. Today he finally drove me to tears and the other woman in the team and I went to talk to my boss about the situation with this guy. Since I'm the lead I serve as a buffer to her because I take the bulk of the abuse. Thankfully I haven't been getting angry because my rationale on this issue is that it is a management issue. My boss is very supportive of the work this other woman and I do and we were assigned to this team to fix things up. Today this grumpy old man was going to be put on a PIP (performance improvement plan). I hope my boss had time to do the paperwork because he is going to our office in England next week and I'll be left alone to deal with this man.

I'm not sure what workout I'll do tomorrow but it will definitely include cardio. I'm thinking CrossFire or Tabatacise.

Michelle, sorry about the budget issues with your job and your health. That is a big pay cut you had to take and on top of that more work! I'm so glad you're finally going to see a doctor. I hope you're able to get an appointment soon. Where do you live that you don't have easy access to doctors?
    Given the stress you're under with work it is so good that you're finding time to workout because it will help with the stress. Continue to go easy on that shoulder!
    We went to see Non-Stop and we liked it a lot. Did you see movie The Heat with Sandra Bullock? If you're offended by profanity this movie was hilarious. I was laughing so hard that I had tears rolling down my face. DH loved it too. We've seen it 4 times! It is not a girly movie at all.

Tami - That BC abwork sounds like a killer workout! I'll have to check out that Kick Punch & Crunch DVD. The name alone sounds like something I'd love. I'm sure you'll love your Insane-X class tonight! I'm always in awe of your killer workouts. Thank you for inspiring me and for cheering me on!
    Can you believe that huge burn from the STS leg workout! That was HUGE! I found out last Friday that finally a decision was made to bring a new gym to the town next door. There will be a Boston Sports club just 10 minutes from my house. I used to be a member of that club about 15 years ago. I will check it out whenever it opens up but my joining will depend on their class schedule fitting my schedule. I'll try to get my act together and do the 1RM test one of these days!

Geez! You also have problems at work! It really stinks when companies merge and you end up with less benefits. Hopefully you'll be able to max out your contribution. Is the merger the reason why you didn't have insurance earlier in the year?

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I missed you all yesterday! but I am in the middle of one of those busy weeks. I probably won't be able to check in tomorrow either. :grumble: But at least I am getting my workouts in. Yesterday I did Body Max 2. Today was Rhythmic Step followed by Gym Style Legs. I am going to finish the week with the Gym Style upper body workouts (and cardio) and then move into a XTrain rotation of some sort focusing on the upper body strength workouts from that series. I don't know how long I am going to do that because I am toying with the idea of trying to do another (short) P90X/X2 rotation before we move out of this house in three months. We'll see......but after watching the P90X3 infomercial, I am kinda missing Tony Horton. :noway:

Tami, great workouts over the weekend!! But yikes on the snow!! We are definitely in a springtime pattern here--70 degrees one day, snow the next, back to 70 degrees......I don't mind it. Thanks for the update on your work situation. Sounds like they worked through some issues (like insurance) but I still can't believe you've had to give up a retirement plan through your company. That just isn't right. I hope you take the chance to talk to the owner....for both your benefit and the owner's benefit. You have been working there so long that I think your input would be much appreciated.

Michelle, sorry to hear about your work turmoil as well! But I am glad to hear you are trying to get in and see a doctor. Like I said before, it may put your mind at ease a bit to have some things checked out. Hope your shoulder is feeling better.

Thelma, congratulations on the award!!!!!!! That is amazing!!:drinker: How fun to have your efforts recognized that way. And, from my viewpoint, I can't think of a more worthy recipient! You have certainly been working hard and taking on new challenges. You are such an inspiration! :flowerforyou: And those test results are incredible!! No wonder your clothes are falling off! :tongue: Almost 2" off the hips? As somebody who can't seem to lose anything from my hips, I find that so incredible. Great job!! And yep on that STS Leg workout. Like I said the other day, those workouts can make me so sore. It is a toss up between Meso 1 and 2 which leg workouts get me more, but I think the winner will always be the Week 3 Meso 2 leg workout. Just......ouch. :laugh: Of course...I love it. :blushing:

See you all on Friday!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!

My hope of checking in daily didn't happen! :sad: I've been busy in the evenings with job hunting online and hockey...and workouts!!! Last night was my first night I missed in the last week due to a migraine. I am hoping I am in the clear for tonight, as I need my workouts right now to keep me sane!

Even though the work situation sucks right now, we've had some good news lately, which is refreshing. We get to dog sit for our very first foster starting tonight, which we are excited about. Plus, we were approved to re-fi our house and get our monthly payment down, which is also nice! Trying to look at the positives right now! :happy:

Michelle--Sounds like you are going through some work stuff too, I'm sorry. It's no fun. An injury on top of it isn't fun either. I hope the massage/weights helped!

Tami--Oh how I miss hearing about your classes. I am hoping once the work stuff gets all figured out, I can join the nearby club to get into some classes! :bigsmile: Work troubles for you too? Ugh!

Laurel--Nice workouts, and a move coming up? I sure have missed a lot! So, do you have P90X3, or not yet? I have had my eye on it, just haven't made the plunge yet.

Hi Thelma! I haven't had a chance to get on here much to read all the posts, but I'm excited to have another joiner!

Ok, back to work...almost time to head home and off to hockey!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Another amazing Insane-X class . . tough! I thought she was going to scale it back a bit but that didn’t happen. Yowsa! :noway: Wasn’t as tough as last week but still a burner. :laugh: One of the guys behind me tapped me on the shoulder in one of our brief 30 sec breaks and said "is this easier than last week?!":laugh: This a.m. I went with a total body workout, Muscle Max. It felt perfect :wink: Tonight I am headed to Spinning.

Thelma: WooHoo! :drinker: :heart: :bigsmile: :drinker: I couldn’t be happier for you. You SO deserve that award! What a great feeling that had to be. Along with the inches and lbs lost and your fitness improvement. It’s all so fantastic Thelma :flowerforyou: I am so, SO happy for you. Love that you contained the excitement and sharing the letter until the dinner table. That’s so awesome. If all of this doesn’t keep your fire lit on full force for your amazing fitness journey I don’t know what would! You are probably floating about now . . . until you go to work it sounds :frown: Sorry to hear about Grumpy Britches! That has to be frustrating and you’re right, I hope your boss handles it before he leaves or Mr. GP might push your buttons even worse while he is gone. I sure hope note, but he sounds like one of those people that truly feels threatened and unhappy by a lot of things :grumble: You are so welcome and if I can inspire you through my workouts, that is great! :smile: Keeps me going too! I think you would really like Cathe’s Kick Punch Crunch. It’s a good workout, lots of variety and great abwork.

Yes, it was definitely the merger and all the paperwork, attorneys, meetings, etc. that we didn’t have insurance. Basically someone dropped the ball who was handling it and it all ended up getting put in late. :frown: So for a short period of time (month or so) it showed in the insurance world that we didn’t have any insurance . . . luckily for me it was just an expensive prescription I have now filed a claim for but it was kind of an unnecessary mess. The retirement thing was a real bad pill for me to swallow though :angry: Since I have been here for 20 years this May and they had a period of time they were contributing, then they weren’t and for the past 8 years they have been again until now.
    On a much funner note . . . . I thought The Heat was absolutely hilarious too! My hubby even liked it.

Laurel: Great job with the workouts despite your busy week!!! :bigsmile: I honestly started to put in Gym Style Legs this a.m. and then decided on a total body workout instead. The GS workouts are lined up ready to go though :smile: I'm kind of all over the board :blushing: I was thinking of looking for an XT/Combo style rotation to go with; I may have mentioned that a couple weeks ago when we were chatting. I’m feeling a little “lost” in this misc of workouts world right now. I’ll admit it, I need some structure/balance to my workouts! :laugh: I wondered about you moving towards P90X/X2 again. I know you enjoy those and in a limbo period of not knowing forsure it might just fit the bill. :wink: Thanks for the kind words and your encouragement on my work situation. I do think it might give me a little peace to share my concerns with her and see where it goes. I have a ton of respect for her and realize she is going through a lot during all of this too so I want to make sure I present it in a positive/truthful way and not have it interpreted as whining ….

Erika: Yay!!! :drinker: On the new foster pup coming to your home. I’m sure that will bring you pure joy helping out there. Also, that’s awesome on the re-fi for your home. The lender that speaks at our meetings each week says rates are going up (slowly) but on the rise so now is a great time! Keep looking at the positives friend ~ :flowerforyou: I know one of these days it will all slow down and go back to a more normal pace. You’re going to make it! I hope you are able to join that gym and take some classes when things do slow down. I’m sure you will enjoy that.

Hope you ladies all have a great evening ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies!
    Tonight was Tabatacise and I found it harder than last week but that is because I'm really tired. I've been going to bed late. My fault! I saw my rheumatologist today and was really happy with my workouts and progress. PT tomorrow for me.

Laurel, we missed you too! I'm glad you're getting your killer and amazing workouts in! :flowerforyou: I think you'll have a blast with the STrain rotation. I see a P90 rotation in your future! I like that program.

Thank you about the award! It was really good to receive the award as a reward for my hard work. almost 2" hips Laurel I need to lose at least 4 inches there! If Meso 2 Legs is hard I can only imagine that anything after Meso 2 gets ever harder. I was able to walk after that workout and I thought I was not going to be able to move the next day. All that stretching pays off!

Erika - Good to see you again! Love your doggie! Can't wait to read the stories about your foster dog! I'm glad you're looking at the positive side of things now that you're going through. I hope you find a new job soon. Congrats on the re-fi approval!

Tami - I'm glad your enjoyed your Insane-X class. I can't believe the class was still hard this week. Didn't Katy say she was going to go easy on the newbies? Were there any newbies there last night? I hope tonight's Spin was a good one!

Thank you so much for your comments on the award. It really has increased my motivation level. I have no idea how I was able to contain myself from telling my husband about the award on my way home. My body is changing and that is a big motivator. I still have a long way to go and I'm happy to have had such a good start!
    I had my one-on-one with my boss today and he was going to write the the grumpy guy today and will read him the riot act tomorrow.
    I took a quick look at the Kick Punch Crunch workout and was wondering if the legs part is another DVD?

Those mergers can cause so much chaos! At least you still have your job. I was once laid off as a result of a merger. I'm glad you have your insurance again. I had no idea you'd been at your current job that long. I can totally understand now why the retirement contribution issue is so upsetting!
    The Heat was insanely funny. I dragged DH in there and he didn't really want to go but since I always go see the movies he likes I made him go. He loved it too, then we went to see it again with another couple and the guy there didn't want to go and he loved it, then we saw it months later on cable with my brother-in-law and his wife. We laughed each time we saw the movie.

Good night everyone!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Good Morning Ladies, It's my Birthday! I'm celebrating 36 again. :tongue:

This morning I requested a Panera's soufflé and hubby graciously drove there at 6:00am after making breakfast for the kids.:love: I hit it hard with Amy Dixon Breathless Body 2 The Edge and I can feel those drills in my legs now.:bigsmile: The day is rainy and dreary here so after work I will do an at-home pamper me day, eyebrows, hair, and mani.:bigsmile:

Erika- Things sounds crazy for sure so take it one day at a time but I love seeing that avatar and knowing that you are nearly back.:wink:

Thelma- I'm an independent contractor which is convenient as a military wife and mom, so based on these new decisions I will no longer accept the contracts that are doing this and focus on the new ones that I have taken on recently. It is sad because I have been with this program for nearly 10 years even when I worked for the government. I recognize that I'm lucky and provides me with flexibility and the freedom to work it if I want to so I will not complain but accept it in stride. Heat was hilarious and I loved her in Identity Thief also. .:laugh: I'll take your two inches as that is the last place to go on me.:sad:

Laurel- Yikes three months to another move. My renters just received orders so I have three months until they move also..ughhh! I'm trying not to stress about it but having great renters these past two years was so peaceful, now its time to start over.:ohwell:

Tami- Sorry about the merger and chaos.:grumble: It should be a law that company mergers never interferes with contributed benefits and pension/retirement packages. After twenty years you have earned it and that is no excuse that they would sell their shares but not think of their employees long-term benefits. Sounds like the Twinkie debacle. :grumble:

Ok back to work.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s Spinning did not disappoint, we did tabata drills and Big Kahunas! :smile: So that’s a lot of climbing, sprinting, sprinting on hills and more climbing and sprinting! :laugh: It was great. No workout yet today,:grumble: I had planned on Abs class at noon but was interrupted with a very last minute deadline of designing a half page ad and off to the printer so no lunch break for me. Hoping tonight after work I will get in something! :smile:

Thelma: Great work with Tabatacise! :bigsmile: Funny how much sleep can affect our workouts isn’t it!??! There were a few “newbies” in class but they were “muscle beach” type guys … so I think she decided it would be ok to go full guns again. :laugh: Knowing Katy she has a back up plan if she sees a bunch of new people and will switch the format.
    Good luck with PT tonight! :wink: I’m sure it will be a good workout. The legs section of KPC is another workout on the same DVD which is also great! :bigsmile: I meant to add that as a “p.s.” to my grumbling about the merger. I am VERY thankful to have a job forsure and not have a pay cut either. Both of which I do worry about at times as of late due to the new ownership and the people who don’t even know me. Again, that would be why I would love to sit down with my long time owner/manager and tell her those concerns to see her thoughts.

Michelle: Happy Happy Birthday!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Love that you are celebrating 36 again! Your hubby is so sweet to do that for you! Awesome stuff. I’m sure you have had a fantastic day of pampering and your girls/hubby will treat you to some fun family time and good eats later! Can’t wait to hear all about it. It should be a law, I agree. The day I found out they were doing it, back in the Fall I nearly burst out of the room. It was awful :cry: Me and two others who have been here the same time were just mouths wide open when the “new company” HR person told us. I made an appt today to meet with the financial investor to advise me on what to do and get me set up to make contributions on my own now.

Hi Laurel :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Almost Friday! YAAAY!!!
    Tonight was PT and that went pretty well. Hopefully next week they'll post the the team challenge results from the data they collected this week. The next and final weigh in will be for me on 4/1.
    They had also posted the big "Client of the Month" notice on their board and I've lost a total of 4 1/2 inches which is pretty good I guess. I hadn't thought about the grand total! LOL
    Tomorrow night I'll will do more of a cardio/Leg workout and Saturday I'll do an STS upper body.

Michelle - HAPPY 36TH BIRTHDAY!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    My grandmother was 28 for the longest time. She had the most amazing skin and always looked a lot younger than she was. LOL

How sweet of your hubby to spoil you with breakfast today! Nice workouts! I just watched a little clip of that workout and I can see why your legs are feeling it! Did you have an enjoyable "pamper me" session?

I hope you get lots of good contracts pretty soon Michelle! You really are fortunate to have this type of job. I'm jealous!
    We all worry about layoffs all the time at work too. Specially because from time to time they announce another round of layoffs. Last time we had one it was the most traumatizing layoff I've been through. People were greeted by a manager (not their own) and were handed a couple of boxes, then they were escorted to HR, then escorted back to their desk and finally out the building. We were all freaking out that morning!

Tami - that spinning class sounds awesome and tough! I never thought of tabata drills on the bike and I have no idea what Big Kahunas are. I'm sure Katy has a back up plan if she sees anyone in the class who is unable to keep up. She really sounds like a terrific instructor.
    Don't you just hate it when work interferes with your priorities? I hope you were able to workout after work!

I forgot to mention last night that I did the step part of the Tabatacise DVD using the small step and I did MUCH better. I think I'm intimidated by the big step. I decided to switch to the small step for the last two tabatas and that was great. From now on I'm just using the little one!
    It really is amazing how much sleep affects our workouts. I've been exhausted this week because I've been going to bed so late. Last night when I was typing my reply to you ladies I felt asleep while I was typing! LOL

I was wondering if the KPC workout was some kind of compilation workout and wrote a mental note to see if I already have the workout DVD thinking that it is possibly sold separately!

I think it's a good thing for you to "do your grumbling" about your manager. I know you're grateful for your job. I just thought I share how I comfort myself about my painful job by reminding myself that I still have a job! :smile:
    I'm sure you feel like you're under the microscope at work with a new manager and all the unknowns that come with a merger.
    I hope you're able to speak with your previous manager.
    Great idea to meet with a financial adviser Tami! We have one and we meet with him twice a year. I have him help me with my 401K allocation at for my work account. This year since I turned 50 I could contribute a "catch up" amount and I went for it. Our goal is to retire as early as possible. DH would like me to retire at 55 (I would love to do that!) BUT I don't think I will do that because that will mean that he will work for many more years while I stay home. I dream of retirement every day! :happy:

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Last day of a busy week.....thankfully. My tireds aren't being helped today by a drastic change in weather. We were 70 yesterday and today.....snow. My head is killing me.....as it always does when we get a big snow storm coming through. So I was a bit late starting my workout today and will be playing catch up for the rest of today. I started my workout with Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps (I did Chest and Triceps yesterday) and followed it with Cathe's IMAX Extreme workout from her Terminator DVD. It felt good despite how I feel physically, which is always nice!

Erika, I am sorry to hear things are so bad on the job front, but, as you said, at least there are positives as well right now. Great job with the workouts!! I haven't bought the P90X3 workouts yet, though they really look good. Wouldn't be surprised to own them down the road, that's for sure.

Michelle, Happy Birthday!!!!!! I hope you had a great day. I love that you are 36.....again. :tongue: I am trying not to stress over the upcoming move, but it is beginning to bother me a bit that we have no clue where we will be moving!! DH has applied for jobs here in Colorado as well as in Maryland and Florida. And it looks like he is going to apply for one in the UK as well. :noway: Not quite sure how I feel about going back overseas to be honest. Really mixed emotions there.

Tami, glad she didn't ease off too much in your insane X class!! Sounds fun! I am with you in floundering a bit with my workouts these past couple of weeks. But I think I have talked myself out of P90X/X2 for right now. I had a good look at my calendar over the next couple of months, and I really think I want a little more flexibility in my workouts than those programs allow. So, right now, I am looking a three weeks each of the following strength training 'programs': XTrain, Gym Styles/Muscle Max, Slow and Heavy, and Pyramids/Muscle Endurance. For the first nine weeks, I think my weeks will look very much like Meso 3 did for us (lower, upper, lower, upper, cardio, total body). That will change a bit for the last three weeks given the workouts. But this would be kind of like an STS rotation (endurance for three weeks, muscle building for three weeks, etc). And I will use the last three weeks of pure endurance after Slow and Heavy to 'shred out' (as Jillian Michaels would say). This also allows me to do whatever I want with my cardio. So that's the plan......for now. :blushing:

Thelma, I am glad to hear the smaller step works better for you and Tabatacise. Sometimes the first run-through of a workout can be the easiest one for me as when I get familiar with a workout, I tend to push it a little harder. So that could be one reason Tabatacise felt harder. But lack of sleep and stress can definitely have the same effect!! Just want to put a plug in for the KPC/legs and Glutes DVD. Love it!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Happy Friday Ladies ~ :drinker: This a.m. was Cathe’s Athletic Training workout from her LIS. It was great! :bigsmile: Headed to Spin tonight. I decided a little “make-up workout” from the missed Abs yesterday would be nice. Even if it is just a "ride":frown: as she usually does, it will still be something!

Thelma: Great job with the PT workout last night and I bet it was a great feeling to see your name on the board along with your totals. :bigsmile: :drinker: SO great!!! I’m glad the smaller step was better for your Tabatacise workout the other night, that’s awesome. Finding what works is key to a good workout! The “Big Kahunas” are something Katy made up ….. basically it is Big Hills that we are either climbing or racing up and then sprinting down. She sometimes likes to describe our workouts into a place or even event so that it adds even more to the workout I think :wink:
    The DVD Kick Punch Crunch is one DVD and compiled of the two workouts: Kick Punch Crunch and Lean Legs; there are some good premixes on there as well. :smile:
    That sounds absolutely terrible on the layoff situation that happened. YIKES! I can’t even imagine that. Thank you for the encouragement on my grumbling and I appreciate being able to tell you guys and get feedback, it does make me feel better. :smile: :laugh: on the reminder to yourself as well. Yes, when things get really rough sometimes you have to boil it down to simple facts . . . job or no job, well I pick the job today! Wouldn’t that be amazing for you to retire that soon!? WOW! My mom retired just a couple years ago at age 71 and is loving every minute of it! I ask her to not rub it in too much since I have quite a ways to go. I hope you get caught up on some sleep this weekend.

Laurel: Way to power through those workouts despite the “tireds” and a headache. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you are feeling better now as you read this :wink: That is absolutely crazy on your weather :noway: Again, similar to us going from all that snow to spring like temps … not 70 by any stretch but almost all the snow is gone and bits of sunshine – high 40’s to 50. I hope you can have some answers sooner than later on your hubby’s job situation so that you can know where you guys will be. That would be very nerve racking forsure. . . I’m sorry. Hence why you would also want a little bit more flexible workout schedule too I would say. I know on the other side of the decisions you will be in the right place and it will all work out. Again, hopefully that decision/answers comes soon :flowerforyou: Your plan with the workouts sounds perfect and I am going to take a look at all the “ideas” I have scattered near my notebook and see what I can come up with.

Hi Michelle & Erika ~ :flowerforyou:

Have a great weekend ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!!! :drinker: :drinker:
    All I can say is thank God this week is over. What a horrific work week I had! Today was a busy and stressful day at work. Normally I get out of work on Fridays at 1:30. Today I left at 3:30. Had breakfast at about 7:30, snack at 10 and lunch at 3PM. I forced myself to eat lunch before I left work just in case I got hungry on my way home.
    DH and I went food shopping when I got home, then I changed and down to the basement I went. I wanted to do something easy because of the day I'd had and was feeling tired. I chose the XTRAIN - All Out Low Impact HIIT DVD and once I was doing it I realize that it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. At least it wasn't high impact! I am loving using the little step.

Tomorrow we're going to NH to see our chiropractor. I have something in my left bicep that has been bugging me and I think it's getting worse because sometimes I feel a pull with some arm movements. I'm so afraid the doctor will say don't lift weights :cry:
    DH has this little ultrasound machine which we use for injuries. I'm going to use it and hopefully it will help.

Laurel - Sorry about that bad headache. You guys really had a drastic weather change! I'm glad you recovered and managed to get an amazing workout in!
    I hope your husband finds a job soon and in the US Laurel. I'm sure it is stressful not knowing where you'll be moving to next.
    The little step is really helping tremendously with the step moves on some of Cathe's workouts. I think the biggest problem with the big step is that I don't have space on either side of my workout area no matter which way I place the step on the floor. This is the reason why I think I'm afraid to fall off the step.

Tami - it really was great to see my name on the board at the gym last night. I'm really excited about using the little step. I can finally do all those exercises!
    I should've known that Katy came up with the term the Big Kahunas moves!:laugh: She is one tough instructor!
    I had the feeling that the leg workout on that KPC DVD looked like a leg workout I have and it is the Lean Legs!
    The layoff we had at work 2 years ago was scary. We were all IM'ing each other and wondering who would get escorted out the door next. As much as my job sucks I prefer to have that job than no job at all.
    I really can't imagine retiring at 55 that is too early I think.

Have a great weekend!!
    Thelma
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Ladies,

Does Cathe have any whole body lift workouts ... preferably under 1 hour?

I'm deciding what to cycle through after Meso3, and I like whole body routines as an option.

Tomorrow is my last Meso2 before 1 week break, I think today will be Tabatacise or another interval workout.

Kira
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies,
    Just a quick morning update. I was right I've hurt my biceps and my left shoulder. For the longest time I heard this cracking sound on my shoulder and it turns out it was my bicep slipping out of place. This is what my chiropractor thinks anyway and after doing some reading online I agree.
    Now my left side is all messed up. My shoulder blade, my shoulder and bicep area are throbbing. I think I have tendonitis.
    I'm not lifting any weights for now and I'm icing and trying to sleep on my back propped up with pillows.

My workouts are cardio only right now. Thankfully I have X10, Tabatacise and my spinning bike!
    Needless to say I'm depressed about this.

I tried to get a orthopedic doctor appmt near my job but no luck which to me was a sign to go back to my usual healthcare facility that I go to for everything. I was able to get an appmt with my ortho for Thursday afternoon.

I hope what I need is physical therapy which probably will include, ultrasound, electric muscle stimulation and strengthening exercises.

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another busy day today, so this will be short. :grumble: But I started my XTrain rotation yesterday. Love these workouts! I started with the cardio from Hard Strikes, then moved right I to Cardio Leg Blast. For extra fun, I did all of the strength moves again at the end plus Core 1! Great workout! Today was Chest, Back and Shoulder, and I followed it with the 100 rep challenges of lateral raises, scarecrows and my own push-ups. Then I did Intensity. Good stuff!

Thelma, yikes on the bicep!!!! That sounds horrible! I am so sorry to hear about that, but it am glad you had it checked out. Take care of it. I really hope the ortho has some good news for you on Thursday.

Tami, sounded like you ended the week with some great workouts!! I am really glad I have started something of a rotation again. I already feel more focused. And I really love these XTrain workouts!!! So many options!!

Kira, Cathe has quite a few Total Body strength workouts. Those under an hour would be Supersets and Push/Pull (on one DVD) from her Body Blast series. They aren't my favorite workouts, unfortunately. She also just released Flex Train which is under an hour but, for me, the reps are so high and the weight low (5, 8, and 10 lbs primarily) that it feels more like circuit training than strength training (same with Super Cuts from the XTrain series). Sitting at 60-65 minutes are STS Total Body (highly recommend), High Reps (recommend), Power Hour (good), Muscle Endurance (good). At the 68-75 minute mark are Muscle Max (highly recommend) and Max Intensity Strength. I might have missed a couple. :blushing: But if I were only going to buy one, it would be STS Total Body. It is a fantastic Total Body workout. Let me know if you have any questions!!

Must run!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Afternoon Ladies,

Well my birthday was a work day which I usually never schedule but the Coordinator from HQ emailed me that they needed the team leaders to finish up since they misjudged the numbers and cancelled all of the workers shift. :huh: So I agreed but afterwards I gave myself a nice facial with my electric scrubber, plucked and tweezed, shampooed and conditioned my hair and felt like a new 36 year old woman. :wink: :laugh: This weekend the weather was great and we had a movie date to see Non-Stop, which was great.:bigsmile: I may have indulged in too much popcorn and do not want to see any for a month or so. :tongue: On Saturday I had a long Zumba session but Sunday was a busy day in the city. Today it was awesome as I grabbed an old favorite Kenpo X . :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Wow I forgot how much I enjoyed working out with Tony and his smart Tonyisms. :laugh:

Laurel- Sorry to hear about the uncertainty with the pending retirement. I recently sat down with hubby as orders will be surfacing soon in hopes of discovering where the next place may be, Seattle or D.C. or even an extension here. :noway: I also mentioned just retiring and transitioning into a GS position which will allow us to move back to Texas as our 13 year old is headed to H.S. this Fall and get settled. It seems that my husband does not want to retire from this place so right now I can only pray that the grass is greener where we are headed to next Summer. :blushing: Hopefully with Summer approaching and relocations starting a position will open here in Conus, although the UK is great your family is here so hopefully that will not be an option.

Thelma- Sorry to hear about the shoulder. I have an old shoulder injury that resurfaces every now and then in particular with High Reps dvds or my kickboxing workout. Cardio for a week usually helps and decreasing my weights on shoulder press along with watching my extension also prevents that clicking noise. Bummer on the Biceps but hopefully the PT will get you back on track.

Tami- Another fun Spin class and way to catch up on your missed workouts. :bigsmile: How is the weather? This weekend was such a beautiful change from the chill of last week, shorts and tank tops again.:bigsmile:

Early appointment tomorrow with the doctor and then errands.

TTYL,
    Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! :bigsmile: I had a good weekend of workouts ….. Sat was DrillMax (again since I had so much fun recently with it), then yesterday was Intensity + BootCamp section! :wink: Saturday I had my hair appt and then errands, cleaning, etc. Yesterday after my workout I ran to Costco briefly for a couple things and then just stayed in. It was POURING rain all weekend. Today will be BootCamp at the gym for my workout!

Thelma: That doesn’t sound fun at all . . .:frown: I’m so sorry! I hope the icing helps for now and if you have to do some PT for a while, hopefully it isn’t too long. Good that you are able to get in other styles of workouts, but I know you work with your trainer at the gym for strength training ~ fingers crossed this is just a temporary set back :flowerforyou: I'm sure it will be and you will back with the weights in no time :wink:

Laurel: Fabulous workouts!!!! :drinker: I decided to go with a 4-week rotation that has a mixture of endurance and legs. It includes Cardio Leg Blast and others from the XT (Cardio Leg Blast is tomorrow) but at any rate, it sounded “good for now” and then I will move into some sort of XT. :smile: I needed something down on paper to get myself organized. I’m glad you did as well, sounds awesome!

Kira: Laurel is very thorough in the information she gave you so I can’t really add but agree with the comments! STS Total Body is one of my favorites for total body. The whole workout is 75 min. though.

Michelle: Sounds like a very busy day & weekend! But I am glad you did get in the special pampering for your 36-year-old self!! :bigsmile: Sounds delightful. Our weather is dreary and rainy. We are in the high 40’s, low 50’s but raining almost all the time. It’s our typical end of winter into Spring weather.

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    p.s. The new picture is of Bernie. This is his look while watching me do my workouts.
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies,
    Glad you all had a good weekend. Tonight I did Tabatacise. Of course it is hard not to move my arms and a couple of time I forgot and I felt a little discomfort. My calorie burn was lower which I expected since I couldn't move my arms.
    Tomorrow night and Wed will be PT at the gym. Will focus on lower body.

My shoulder and upper back felt better as the day went on which was encouraging.

Laurel, wow! awesome workouts! Glad you finally decided on rotation and you picked a fun program too!
    So my shoulder/bicep feels better but I'm not pushing my luck and I will be a good girl and will try to rest this arm and ice it. I hope the doctor tells me all I need is rehab. It sucks to get old! :brokenheart:

Michelle, sorry you had to work on your birthday. I'm glad you liked Non-Stop and got to still do your self pampering on your birthday! We went to see 300 on Saturday and it was pretty good considering that is not my kind of movie.
    I really like that Kenpo X workout!
    So you hear a clicking noise too! I never thought it was my bicep. I thought it was some bone sound just like crunchy knees make! I know that I need some rehab because I can't have this bicep slipping in/out of place. I've been increasing my weights so maybe that made the injury worse. On Thursday I was doing chest presses with a 50 lb barbell so I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Tami, I love Bernie! He looks like a good boy! You had some awesome workouts this weekend!
    I think the icing has helped. I've also made sure to stand/sit very straight. No slouching allowed which I tend to do while at my desk at work given the horrific office set up we have now.
    I'm praying this is a short a setback. I actually cried on Saturday when the chiropractor told me what he thought I had. At least I can still do cardio although all that jumping is not good for my knees with this new increased frequency so I have to be careful.

Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Just a quick status update ladies,
    Today my left arm feels better but I know there is an injury there so I won't push my luck. rest/ice is helping. I also think my upper back was bothering me more because I was propping myself up with a pillow that was too hard and it was putting my neck in a funny position. Last night I went for a much softer pillow and my back/neck feel better. So this is encouraging!

More tonight after PT!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I started with the High/Low Interval workout from Cathe's Hardcore Extreme DVD. Then I moved into XTrain Legs and did the 67 minute premix. Before doing the stretch, though, I added in the 100 rep hip thrust challenge on that DVD. And, to top it off, I did XTrain Core 2. Long workout.....but it felt good.

Michelle, sorry to hear you had to work on your birthday, but I am glad you had some time to pamper yourself as well. I hope you get some clarity in a future assignment soon. I am coming to terms with possibly going overseas again. It is my husband's first choice of jobs he'd like to have, and I know that he would love doing the work. And we are familiar with that area of England since we lived there 20 years ago (my DH has spent 7 years it that area; I have spent 4). But with my mother's health.....it isn't easy. Not to mention the fact that we would have to pay to ship our belongings over so we would most like get rid of everything and have to start over.......again. I was kind of hoping for an easier first step into retirement. :blushing: But nothing is close to a done deal right now, so I am choosing not to dwell on it ......too much. :tongue: And I would love to see more of Europe.......:ohwell:

Tami, I love the new photo! Such a sweet pup!! That sounds like a good rotation. Is it one of Cathe's newer ones? I remember her doing a rotation recently that focused on legs, and I thought it looked good. Let me know how you like it. I am open to changing my plans after these three weeks of XTrain.

Thelma, I am glad to hear your arm is feeling better, and I hope the doc gives you some good news. But I think it is wise to continue taking care of it. Great job getting in Tabatacise despite a bad arm! That's not easy. I was thinking about you today since you have mentioned trying to find a Cathe step workout to try to see if you can master the choreography. Because I did parts of it during my workout this morning and remembered it, I thought I would suggest Low Max. I don't know if you have room for it given how you have described your workout space because you do need room all around your step. But it is a low impact workout, and Cathe does a pretty good job of breaking down the moves. The workout is also broken into seven sections, so it is easy to learn them one at a time if the entire workout is too much. Not much fun factor in the workout, unfortunately. But it does leave the lower body with a little 'sting' which is nice. Anyhow......just a suggestion!!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Nice BootCamp class last night! She switched it up to mostly upper body work w/ some cardio bursts as well. My regular partner wasn’t there so the instructor paired up with me. This a.m. was XT Cardio Leg Blast + Core and tonight will be Insane X. :smile:

Thelma: Great workout with Tabatacise! :smile: It looked to me like you had a great calorie burn. I’m glad you aren’t pushing it with your shoulder/bicep situation . . . very smart. :wink: I know how hard it is to be patient with something like this and frustrating. :ohwell: I’m sorry, I bet you did have tears forsure when he told you his thoughts. Sounds like today was better though ~ that is great news! Sounds like your TLC with this is going to be a huge help. Keep at it. :flowerforyou: Your other workouts are there for you and your healthy eating. The weight training will be there when it’s healed. Legs at PT tonight will be perfect. Yes, Bernie is my other little kid ~ Emma’s little brother. :laugh: He is a cutie pie forsure. Tons of energy & definitely a great dog.

Laurel: YOWSA!!! :noway: :bigsmile: :drinker: Another great one today ~ you put my workout to shame today :laugh: Nice job, sounds like a perfect Laurel Trifecta!! Cute little “Bernard”, he always lays there with his arms folded. Usually his head is laying on top of the folded paws too but doesn’t “pose” for me so this is what I ended up with. Yes, this is one of her “newer” rotations ~ from Nov. 2013 “Rock Bottoms” with her bonus butt workout thrown in on a few of the days (aka: BBW) It also has an upper body day and either a total body/circuit day as well. :wink: For now, I felt like it was calling my name! I’ll keep you posted.

Hi Michelle :flowerforyou:

Can I just tell you ladies that today is the nicest weather day we have had in a looooong time! :drinker: Feels so good. In the 50’s and the sun is out. Supposed to be nice for a few days :bigsmile: It's a nice break from the rain.

Hope you all have a great evening ~ Tami