Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies! PT went well. I did the elliptical for 22 minutes to warm up and I didn't use the arm handles. You have no idea how hard it is to not use my arms! I had a pretty good calorie burn which was a pretty good surprise.
    The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is the fact that in early April is the final fitness assessment for the weight loss challenge. One of the tests is being able to increase the number of pushups you can do. I probably won't be able to do pushups! :ohwell:
    I'll do PT tomorrow again because I have the appointment with the ortho on Thursday at 3:45.

Laurel - Another amazing workout! You really are super woman! :drinker: I can't believe you don't need a nap after all that hard work! :wink:
    I am glad my arm is better too. Yesterday doing the Tabatacise workout I ended up lifting my arms a couple of times and it wasn't a good move. I had to keep my hands against my thighs so I wouldn't do the arm movements.
    OMG! That Low Max workout definitely looks like it's up my alley!
    I just wrote the name down so I can order it next. I would just use the small step. I think that is the best way for me to get used to step workouts. I think the big step intimidates me. Even if I can't follow the choreography I'll just keep moving and some day I may be the routine! :laugh:
    I ordered the Party Rocking Step #2 and also Intensity. I was trying to find workouts that I could do now that I can't lift weights.

Tami - I saw your calorie burn last for the BC class and I knew you'd had a good class last night! Great workout this morning. I hope your Insane X class doesn't disappoint!

I did have a good calorie burn from the Tabatacise workout but all I could think of is how much more it would've been had I been able to use my arms. I shouldn't complain because at least I'm not totally out of commission!
    It really is frustrating to have an injury set me back BUT maybe this is something I have to think about. Maybe I was doing too much too soon by getting into STS and still going to PT. I should've followed my original plan which was to wait till my PT sessions were over before starting STS.
    I know I have to be patient and right now I'm being patient. I don't have any other choice even though it's so disappointing.
    Bernie is really adorable. He's the baby in the family! :smile:
    I'm sure you are mommy and DH is daddy to your dogs. Today when I got home DH told me that my daughter didn't eat her dinner. Bella (our baby) goes through phases where she won't eat her food in one shot. Now that it's nice out she spends more time out in the sunroom and forgets that she has to eat. LOL
    We also hit 50 degrees today Tami! It was beautiful. No coat needed today! Then it will be cold the next couple of days and back to 50's on Saturday!

Have a great day tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    So, I am totally not doing well with the checking in thing!! :grumble: Things are getting better at work, so I am going to stay put for now. I'm 100% out of the rescue and looks like it will stay that way. Just no time! :cry:

On a positive note, we are dog sitting our very first foster for 2 weeks, and we are having so much fun with him. We haven't seen him for quite awhile, so it's super fun! I've been getting in workouts every day, and with our Fitbits that work provided, I have a super motivating person next to me challenging me to get more active every day! It's pretty fun! :bigsmile:

We have a 1 week break from hockey and then the next season of that and Lacrosse start up on Sunday. I'm looking forward to Lacrosse, as it means warmer temps and some outdoor time! :bigsmile: We're warming up into the mid 40's this week, which will be a treat for us!

Sounds like you all are still kickin' butt on the workouts, WOW!!! I'm impressed! :bigsmile:

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Afternoon Ladies,

Yesterday was an all day affair, drs. apt, food shopping, gymnastics, the eldest Team pics and dinner.:yawn: They were able to fit me in for the CAT scan that morning and then I spent 2.5 hours in the grocery store just vegging out. :blushing: The good part is that I used my pedometer and I did not buy anything processed but I was in a non-rush state of mind and just took my time and did not think too much. So the doctor is hoping it is not anything abnormal and may possibly be a sinus infection so after these results the next step is the Neurologist. Yesterday the work on our master bathroom walk in shower started with the contractor so I'm hoping that all is well and there is no discovery of mold as the tenants did not discover the leak until it reached downstairs and damaged the ceiling.:noway: Of course along with that remodel comes the destruction of the new mosaic tiles that were installed during the renovation 2 years ago prior to our move, so I'm anxious as I selected those colors and styles and I don't think I have enough cases left in the garage for the project. Ugh!!! Today is fix it day here at the water and ice system is down and after a 65.00 service charge and a 10 minute diagnosis, the Technicians solution did not wait so today is another day with another solution so hopefully we can get this thing working by the weekend. I'm glad to see everyone is moving and grooving, but I kind of feel blah and pray to snap out of this funk pronto.:wink:

Collage going out of business sale:noway:

Erika- Small baby steps until you catch your rythymn.:bigsmile:

Thelma- I loved 300 and did want to see that one but it was a date with our DD and that was rated R, but I'm excited to see the sequel not to mention those gorgeous physiques. :blushing: :laugh:

Laurel- It does sound scary especially with your mom and her health. As much as you want him to get his preference, being stateside in case of an emergency is more feasible with a 3-4 hour flight versus a 9 hour trip. Prior to my FIL passing last year, we were trying not to go overseas in case of an emergency but now with the girls older and his mom doing well thus far I'm definitely open to enjoying Europe for a few years with the kids. Hopefully it will fall into place without too many sacrifices.:flowerforyou:

Tami- Glad to hear you had great weather.:bigsmile: We hit the 70's yesterday nut then the rain came along and now it is dreary and cool.:laugh

Off to grab some lunch now that the Tech is gone.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! I am in the middle of a bit of a frustrating situation, so this may be short. I will explain in a minute. Anyhow, good workouts today. I did XTrain Biceps and Triceps and followed it with the 100 rep challenges of bicep curls and lying tricep extensions. I couldn't raise my arms up after it!! So I took a bit of a break and then did KPC because I knew the punching would help loosen the arms up again. And it did.

But, while I was doing KPC in my workout room, some plumbing guy here to work on the gas walked right into the house!!! I didn't hear him because I was in the front of the house, and he came in the back. But after my workout, I come to find the door to the basement open!! :noway: The guy had left already but came back a few minutes later. Apparently he heard me upstairs when he was in the basement and thought he should go back out and come in 'announcing himself'! It really isn't his fault as our housing office was supposed to let me know.....and they didn't. But, boy, I don't like anybody just walking into the house while I am here. Worse than them entering when I am gone, that's for sure. But they are working on the gas lines now, which means I may have to help them in a minute with our gas fireplaces. :grumble: If ever there was a reason to own.........

Tami, sounds like a good Bootcamp class!! And I don't think my workouts could ever put yours to shame!!! I thought I remembered Cathe did another rotation with a BBW add-on. Maybe something I want to look at before summer and shorts!!! Enjoy the nice weather!! Monday we were in the 70s. Yesterday it snowed with a low of 9. And today is sunny and 35. In other words....all over the place.

Erika, I am glad things with work have settled down a bit. And I am glad the puppy sitting is going well! Isn't it great to have somebody challenge you with workouts? I love all of you ladies for being here to challenge me!!

Thelma, glad the PT session went well. Did the trainer say anything about your arm? Just curious. Hope you enjoy your new workouts. I love both Party Rockin' Step 2 and Intensity so very much. Great choices. They will challenge your choreographically, but if you are patient with them, they are fantastic!

Michelle, yikes on the CAT scan! Any idea when you will get the results? I hope just a couple of days. And I hope the doctor is right that it is something like a sinus infection, but I am happy to hear he is being thorough and didn't just send you home with Motrin!! I am sorry to hear about the bathroom. This is in your house in Texas, right? Must be frustrating to be so far away and have something like this happen. Collage is going out of business? :noway: I ordered some of my first workouts from them......way back in 1988!! I guess everything changes, but I am still surprised by this.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ So last night’s Insane-X class she tried a new format. This time she did moves from T25. Since I don’t own this set I was anxious to see how it felt. :smile: We basically did his 25 minute workout twice and she changed up some moves on the 2nd round; making them harder of course and threw in burpees at the very end. I really enjoyed it. She said every once and a while she will throw this in. To me it felt like Insanity in slower motion and your moves are concentrating more on form vs speed + cardio of course. Not sure if she was actually going off the workout(s) themselves or modifying the moves and mixing in some of her own.:wink: This a.m. was upper body and Cathe’s Pyramid workout was on the schedule! Tonight will be Spinning. OH!! Katy announced last night as well she has asked to add a Thurs @ 5:30 class of Insane-X part 2. Which is great for me because I don’t have a class that night that I go to. :bigsmile: The kicker . . . rain, snow, hail or sunshine it is outside on the tennis courts. :huh: Yikes! I'm pretty sure doing Insanity in the snow would not be fun. So fingers crossed on good weather. It starts April 3rd.

Thelma: I can imagine how hard it is to not use your arms! :frown: Whenever you are forced to not use a body part it is so challenging. Yikes. I’m glad you are taking care of your injury though so that you can get better quickly! :wink: Don’t worry about the non-push ups; maybe they can make an exception and have you do another move? Either way, getting healed is more important for long term. I know it’s hard . . . . :flowerforyou: you are still killin the workouts though lady! That’s awesome. I absolutely love Cathe’s Intensity workout! :bigsmile: Since I just did it on Sunday of course it is fresh in my mind, but I have always enjoyed this one. As always, lots of good premixes on there too. If you end up trying Party Rocking Step #2 before I do, let me know. I’ve had it for a while now and as you have seen me mention to Laurel I keep thinking I’ll plug it in. She came close to hitting the play list last weekend . . . :blushing: but didn’t quite make it into the DVD player. :laugh: Yahoo on the warmer weather for both of us!

Erika: Glad to hear from you whenever you get a chance! :bigsmile: No worries . . . you have had a lot going on ~ we understand! I’m happy that your job is going better, that has to feel a lot better. Sorry you’ve had to give up the rescue work for now. I’m sure it will be something that comes back into your life again though! :wink: Just a temporary thing for now. Glad you have a small break between the boys activities. Enjoy & try to catch your breath a bit.

Michelle: Sounds like they are running very thorough tests to see what’s going on, which is great! All my best thoughts your way for good results and a good prognosis so you have some understanding and can feel better.:flowerforyou: I know my BFF gets some bad sinus infections and DH has had a couple. They can really make you “all out of sorts” Hoping you can snap out of those “blahs” and get yourself back! I saw that e-mail from Collage Video as well - very sad for them. :frown: I have made quite a few purchases with them over the years and used to hold onto their catalogues to see what was on my “wish list” next. Great sale it looks like!

Laurel: Fabulous job on the workout(s) today ~ what a combo! :bigsmile: I bet that about freaked you out and then the frustration kicked in! I’m glad he figured out someone was home as well and announced himself. :noway: :grumble: Good grief! Hopefully all is fixed and you won’t have him or someone else coming back for another visit. DH came home on Monday and our front door was WIDE open. Scared him a little bit and then realized it was just unlocked and had blown open. Unfortunately I left after him so it was my fault for not double checking the front door like we normally do. :blushing: Just an accident but it is scary to think someone is maybe in your house. . . or in your case actually is! I do like that this rotation has a lot of lower body and then some upper between one day and the circuit/total body workout being thrown into the mix. I am going to substitute MMA Boxing with something else though . . . that one is just not my favorite.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies!
    Sorry I didn't have time to send you an "arm" early update today but work was crazy busy. My arm feels better but that is only because I'm resting it. I have the feeling that if I started using my arms for working out it wouldn't be a good thing. At least I'm not in any pain. It feels that the end of the day is when I may feel a little pain but maybe it's more like fatigue. Ice fixes that.
    Tonight was PT which involved warming up on the elliptical for 22 minutes and then doing abs and legs. I think it went well and I burned 606 calories and THAT number I'm very happy with!:happy:
    I see the ortho tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to hear what my doctor has to say!
    Spinning tomorrow!

Hi Erika - Don't worry about not checking in every day. The important part is that you're working out more and more and how wonderful that someone you work with is challenging you too! I'm glad to hear things at your job are going better.

Hi Michelle! I'm so glad you finally went to the doctor. I hope there is nothing more than a sinus infection. I'm glad there is also a plan B which is to check with a neurologist too. How long do you have to wait for the results for? You sure had a busy day yesterday!!
    Sorry about the damage to the ceiling due to that leak from the bathroom! What a shame about the tiles! I'm so glad we sold our rental last year.

I didn't see the first 300 movie but DH did. He went to see the movie with very low expectations he said so that was good because he wasn't disappointed!
    I can't believe Collage is going out of business! Thanks for the heads up! I had to go shopping there needless to say so I ordered the following DVD's:
    Cathe Friedrich's Travel Fit (we're going to Ireland in June and maybe I can use this if it means not having to carry my iPad but not sure what will be available at the hotels. The workout looks really good too)
    Cathe Friedrich's Cardio Supersets
    Kelly Coffey's 30 Min. to Fitness: Your Best Body9
    Michelle's Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix (this one will my first for this trainer. It looks like fun!)

Laurel - Great workouts today :flowerforyou: OMG! No wonder you couldn't lift your arms after those challenges! :laugh:
    OMG! I would've freakout if someone walked into my house like that! DH is very trusting and of course nothing bad will ever happen to us. I on the other hand I'm not trusting at all and I don't care how safe our neighborhood is. I want all doors and windows locked at all times! You have no idea how many times he's left the front door unlocked overnight. Thank God we live in a safe area.

Tami - Sounds like your Insane X class was not as intense as you would've liked? Sounds plenty intense to me! :tongue:
    Good job on that Pyramid workout! I hope spinning is fun tonight!
    I'm excited for you and the new Thursday class. Outside though? I hope it won't turn into running like you said some class ended up being like before.

OMG! I bet you gave DH a minor heart attack with that door open! Do the dogs stay in crates? When we first moved here we had to go buy something and DH left the front door wide open when went shopping. Thank God we have storm doors otherwise; the cats would've escaped!

Thanks on my workouts! I want to be able to start using my arms again but I am going to be patient and wise about this. I've been hurt before and I'm not going to be stupid about not giving this injury the respect it deserves.
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised at my calorie burn from PT because the leg workouts at the gym don't include machines at all. I know the warm up on the elliptical contributes to my total burn but still I didn't think the numbers would be this high. so I'm happy! :bigsmile:
    When I read that you had done the Intensity workout I decided to check it out and I liked what I saw. Now for the Party Rocking Step #2 workout I'll let you know. I know I probably won't like it at first but that is simply I won't be able to follow the choreography so I will be frustrated. I'll be using the small step because that is working out for me giving my limited space.
    The weather yesterday was awesome. Today we were in the 40's which is warm but it was cloudy and now it's raining. Then it will turn to freezing rain, then to light snow. Tomorrow's commute is going to be scary due to the icy conditions!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member

Collage going out of business sale:noway:

Michelle,

Thanks for the heads up ... and OH NO! I've purchased quite a few DVDs from Collage over the years. They will be missed.

Kira
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today is back to normal as nobody was in my house when I finished my workout! Such a pleasant change from yesterday. DH called everybody on the Academy about it.....reading them the riot act about not letting me know they were going to be working on something and, compounding that, walking right into the house. But all is well and we have heat....so onwards we go. Today was a good workout. No XTrain today, though. I started with the X77 premix from Cathe's X10 workout. So tough and so good!! I followed it with Cathe's Turbo Barre. I don't do this one very often, but when I do, I am always amazed at how deceptively tough this workout is. I think I will feeling both workouts tomorrow!!

Tami, that is an interesting change for your Insane X class. I am not sure if the T25 workouts are more focused than Insanity, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were. I think that may be a good thing. I am going to have to look at those workouts sometime soon. I have been toying with incorporating some Insanity workouts into my program again, but maybe I should look at T25 instead since I own them. So many decisions!! I am already thinking about workouts to do during our next move (if we move a great distance) and they might be perfect! I can imagine your DH was startled to find the front door open on Monday! That would really disturb me. I am not really careful about locking up (since we live on a closed military base) but, by and large, I like to keep my doors locked. It is just how I was raised I suppose. I was surprised when the guy who was here yesterday said that most people on base keep their doors unlocked when they aren't home. So it is little wonder he felt it was fine to just walk in! :noway:

Thelma, more great purchases!! Where are you going in Ireland? Have you been there before? Such a beautiful country, and I just love the Irish people. Should be so much fun!!!! Great calorie burn in your PT session! That must have felt good and probably helped with some frustration you are feeling being injured. I am really anxious to hear what the ortho has to say. Please keep us posted!!

Off to the grocery store!! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Afternoon Ladies,

Yippee, my first day without a headache in nearly 3 months :cry::bigsmile: It feels sooo good although I could feel one trying to start when I was doing my kickboxing but I literally yelled out "Go away" not today buddy!:blushing: The headaches could of been induced by Allergy season, the Audit, the Bathroom, the pending oral surgery or my mom's thyroid issues that the doctors are unable to control with medication or all of the above. :noway: The doctor called and the CS was negative for any growths or sinus infection.:cry: That was great news but I'm going to the neurologist in two weeks. This morning it was CP3 and usually my gloves are a must have with punches or else the workout is not intense but my shoulders are definitely aching a bit.:huh:

Thelma- Those are all great dvds. I bought the Travel Fit download for my Ipad a few years ago when work required monthly trips and it works in the hotel room as it only requires a band. Michelle's is great and I was actually suppose to do that one this morning but did not have the energy for those peaks.:blushing: Our tenants are great so I'm surprised it took so long to see the leak. That home is for when the eldest eventually attends college in Texas for her particular major and will be paid off in less than 10 years, so we will reap the financial goodies soon enough as it is in a great community.

Kira- I'm shocked that Collage is going out of business and the news came so abruptly. :huh: I was surfing the site last week looking for Coming Soon and it stated that part of the site was under maintenance. Sad indeed...hopefully you were able to grab some good deals as so many things were Out of stock.

Laurel- Glad things are normal as that was pretty scary to me.:noway: The funny part is if it happened here our dog would of probably attacked him or scared the heck out of him. As far as locked doors, here in Enterprise my neighbors never lock their doors but most of them are also gun owners and active or retired military. As a city kid I still lock my doors but every now and then I will wake up the next morning and see one of the kids left the front door open all night while we slept.:noway: TG for small towns!:laugh: P.S. the doctor did include Tylenol and Motrin and needless to say I did not pick them up from the pharmacy. :wink: :laugh:

Tami- I hope the weather is ready for your group in April, especially with the up and down temps this year. Yuck, running drills in the snow does not sound like fun, it reminds me of our Bootcamp last year outside on the grass with the dew and slippery slopes, with the constant complaints she eventually marched us back inside: :laugh:

TTYL,
    Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Another great Spin class last night! :wink: It felt perfect after my a.m. of arms & abs! Today was Insane Abs at lunch time :bigsmile: Lots of fun. The class was so crowded though, she said she will have to start going off of the sign up sheet only. I was up in the very front. Depending on what DH has going I may get in my regular workout tonight or take the kids for a walk …. Trying out Emma’s new harness since it is so nice out :bigsmile:

Thelma: Holy calorie burn yesterday! :drinker: I saw that last night and knew you had to be happy with that number. Nice work. Yahoo on taking advantage of that Collage sale. I want to get on there and take a peak myself! Not that I “need” any DVD’s but if there is an inexpensive one that I want to try I may just do that. :blushing: :laugh: You ordered some good ones. I have about 4 or 5 of the Peak 10 workouts and they are lots of fun! She has a lot of energy and offers a great variety. Insane-X was actually more intense than I may have made it sound . . . it was just that you could actually catch your breath between moves :laugh: and concentrate more on form; a lot of core based moves, planks, push-ups, inch worms, etc. I was happy with it but of course being crazy like that I do enjoy the intensity on the other as well.
    Hopefully the new class on Thurs. won’t turn into running, but she is promoting it as an “Insanity” format class so I’m assuming no running. It’s the BootCamp lady that likes to turn us into marathoners as soon as the weather breaks.:grumble: I may re-think that class if it becomes just that again. I don’t want to dread it. Yes, he did about freak out he said, plus his Ipad was right on the kitchen counter … just steps from the front door. :huh: So YIKES. We live in a safe neighborhood but there has been several burglaries in the past 8 years so you just never know. The dogs are outside during the day in our fenced yard, which is a pretty big deterrent (unless of course the front door is open:embarassed: ) . . . Emma will bark like Cujo if someone she doesn’t know tries to come into the yard & I think would not back down. We’ve had workers there before and I had to leave work to let them into the yard. Of course then she was the normal sweet as can be Golden Retriever. Bernie will just wag his tail and let them in. :laugh: Especially if they just throw a ball or stick for him. I’m glad to hear your arm is doing better. Keep us posted about your appointment ~ I’ll be anxious to hear.

Laurel: Fabulous job with X77!!!! Yowsa :drinker: :bigsmile: I have done the X64 premix but still haven’t done X77! I’m sure it’s fantastic. Good news on no intruders today. I’m sure your hubby was a bit like :angry: when he heard about that. Yes, as I mentioned to Thelma due to the burglaries over the years in our neighborhood we try to be really careful so his internal alarm was on HIGH when he saw it open. He had done the same thing once when he had left to go fishing ~ my stomach about dropped. So I went and got the dogs out of the yard to go in first! :embarassed: Ended up just being like the other day but it was scary for a few moments. If you do start to investigate the T25 workouts let me know. I am anxious to find out if that is truly the format or her way of making it a part of the class. Today’s abs class she added in some similar moves again.

Michelle: So happy to hear no headache today! :smile: That is great news and I’m sure nobody is happier than you. Yes, I don’t have high hopes for consistent weather since this time of year and nation wide it is so up and down, but you just never know. She is as hard core as they come so unless it’s a blizzard she will want us out there. It is due to space (or lack of) that we will be out there. They are in the middle of a huge remodel and adding more class space, etc. Which will be nice come late summer/Fall.

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, almost TGIF!!!!
    My ortho visit went as well as it could've possibly gone. X-rays were taken of both shoulders. It is not a bone issue which is great. The doctor thinks I have bicep and rotator cuff tendinitis on my left side and bicep tendinitis on the right side. The rotator cuff part is the reason why my left shoulder blade is achy. It's the same bone! So physical therapy it is for me. The doctor did all kinds of movement tests on me and I was not in any kind of pain. I just felt the weakness on my bicep. She also explained that the cracking sound is probably an inflamed tendon trying to get through the space between bones which is now too small given the inflammation. She showed me the x-rays and showed me where the tendons would go and said everything looked good there. Given that I have tendinitis I didn't even bother to ask if I could do any exercise with my arms because I know the answer is no.

On my way home I called my trainer and asked her if she knew of a PT place and she mentioned one that it's right at the new plaza which is 5 minutes from my house and on my way too! I went there from the doctor's office but they close at 3:30 on Thursdays. A PT was still there and I asked her to show me around and she did. I still have to call tomorrow for an appointment. The first appointment lasts 1 hour for the evaluation. The rehab appointments last 1/2 hour.

I did CycleMax tonight and I had a good burn: 670 cals! I pushed myself hard tonight. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow night but it will be low impact. I lost 1.3 lbs! It's funny how my weight loss is going now. I see to lose about 1/2 lb one week and the following week I go down 1 lb +.
    My PT sent me an email tonight and the team challenge results for March are in. My team is in 1st place AGAIN! Last month our team progress was 38% and this month we're at 57%!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Laurel - I'm so glad your DH called everybody he could think of to tell them about the repairman! Great workout today. Those X10 premixes are hard! I've not done anything outside the ones in the 40 range. I can't imagine how hard X72 is! Those Barre workouts look so innocent but the are hard!

I'm happy with my DVD purchases. I love Ireland! I used to work with an Irish man and when he returned to Ireland way back in the mid 90's he invited some people from work to go visit and I went. I fell in love with the place and I always dreamed of going back so last year I told DH I wanted to go back for our 10th wedding anniversary so we went. He totally surprised me with the accommodations and our last night there we stayed in a castle. When I went the first time we drove around ourselves. This time we also did a self-driven tour. We had all planned out so we knew were we'd go each day. Of course I fell in love with Ireland and its people again. This year I told DH I'd like to go back for our 50th birthdays! :bigsmile:
    I would love live there if I could!
    The fact that I'm getting really good calorie burns from my workouts is helping me keep the frustration level low. Hopefully the it won't take long to get rid of the tendinitis now that I'll be getting PT.

Michelle, I'm SO HAPPY you didn't have a headache today! Let's hope every day from now on is like today! Good news on the CS too. Hopefully the neurologist will be able to figure out what's going on with you. You've also had a lot going on and perhaps you're just seriously stressed out. You're one busy mom too!

Great workout today! Baby those shoulders with some ice!!

I'm glad you like the DVD's I ordered. The travel DVD sounds really good. I didn't want to get the download version because I really don't want to have to drag my iPad to Ireland given that I take a big SLR camera. That is heavy enough!
    I'm glad you have good tenants. We bought that second home when we thought we'd be able to retire at 55 and would move to NC. I don't think the retirement at 55 will happen even though DH wants me to retire then. I really would like to sacrifice myself :tongue: by working a few more years so he doesn't have to retire at 65. We like to dream big! :laugh:

Tami - I saw your burn for your Spin class and I just knew you'd loved it! That was a killer burn from your Insane Abs class too Good job! I can't wait to hear how Emma did with her new harness! Did you have her wear at home? We went back to seriously cold temps today and some snow! I think we got two inches where I live but the cold was brutal do to the wind. I had already put my long down coat away so I had to get it out last night for today! LOL It will be a little warmer tomorrow.

Thanks on the calorie burn! Did you see my spin burn for tonight? I am happy with these numbers. I hear you about buying more DVD's! I need more DVD's like I need a hole in the head! :laugh: If you're going to get something from Collage you better hurry because I don't think they have much left that you probably don't have. The prices were good and you get free shipping on anything over $25. I'm glad you like the DVD's I ordered too. I checked a couple of those X10 DVD's and some of them were too advanced for me.
    Good to see that you actually enjoyed the new Insane-X class format. I thought you were a little disappointed because it wasn't as intense as you would've liked.
    I'm keeping my fingers cross for your new class not to turn into a marathoner's dream class! I would think that if it does you guys have the right to ask her to change the format.
    I forgot your dogs were outside during the day! They definitely must be a big deterrent. Thank God Emma barks like cujo when she sees a stranger even if she turns into a sweetie once she meets them. it would be bad if they both were like Bernie! :laugh:

Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    BUMMER ladies! DH just told me that my Collage order got cancelled because the videos were sold out! I was so excited about them too! :ohwell:
    Thelma
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    TGIF Ladies!!! :bigsmile:

It has been a long week, but the weekend is here! :bigsmile: The weather is getting nicer, which makes everyone's mood better too!

I have been getting workouts in each morning or night, and we have Fitbits that were provided at work to make sure I'm challenging myself by trying to creep up the leaderboard! :bigsmile:

My husband's anxiety has been much better over the last several months, but now my son's has set in. :grumble: He had a choir concert last night and had to exit 1/2 way through due to a panic attack. He's been having them off and on throughout the week and had to miss school one day as a result. I feel so bad for him, but I'm hoping my idea of journaling has helped. His teacher is super supportive too, which is awesome!

Michelle--What a rollercoaster trying to figure out what is causing the headaches. I have been getting migraines off and on (which I never have had before), so I know how much that can affect your day! I hope the neurologist is able to figure things out and find a treatment plan!

Tami--The new class format sounds interesting. I bet it's hard to slow it down when you're used to the faster pace. I'm hoping for good weather for the outdoor class!

Laurel--I'm happy to hear there are no strangers entering the house today. How scary! Sounds like you might need a guard dog! :bigsmile: I don't think anyone could even tip toe into our house with our 3 nosy dogs. If the floor creaks, they are all 3 running to find out why! :laugh:

Thelma--Nice calorie burn and it sounds like you are getting some answers and hopefully on the way to recovery!!

Time to get back to work and hopefully out for a lunchtime walk! :bigsmile:

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today I started with Flex Train, which felt wonderful today! This workout is really growing on me because it isn't too tough but tough enough to feel like I worked out (if that makes sense). Since I really worked my upper body Monday and Wednesday (especially with those 100 rep challenges) and, to some degree, yesterday with X77, Flex Train was a perfect complement today. I followed it with the Extreme Cardio premix of XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT. I really enjoyed this week focusing on XTrain workouts.

Michelle, I am SO happy to hear you finally had a headache-free morning! I am also happy to hear there was no bad news from the CT scan. You might very well be right that it is a combo of allergies and stress, but I still think it is good to discuss your symptoms with a neurologist......just to be certain. It's funny you mentioned your neighborhood and gun owners because I really think the guy who we walked into the house on Wednesday was about as alarmed as I was. As he was leaving, he apologized again and said something about not liking to surprise anybody and ending up at the wrong end of a shotgun! I don't own a shotgun, so no possibility of that here. But he had a point. And I smiled when you said you were prescribed both Tylenol and Motrin. I don't know if you were seeing a military doctor, but I know those two pills have long been the cure for everything in the military medical system!! :laugh:

Thelma, well that isn't horrible news on your arm.....nor is it great news. But, with some time, you should be back to normal and, hopefully, you will recognize the symptoms next time you have a flair up. Bicep tendonitis is no fun, nor are shoulder injuries. So take care of yourself! And what a complete disappointment about your Collage order! :grumble: I suppose they have orders coming in faster than they can process, but still. A huge congratulations on your weight loss!!! That is incredible. I am so glad you enjoy Ireland. We haven't been there since 1995, but, like you, I wanted to move there. I hate to say this, but, sadly, I felt (and still feel) that it is one of a few places we visited in Europe that was welcoming to Americans. :ohwell: I so appreciated it, especially since I was--at the time--living in a place that was less than welcoming.

Tami, I really hope the Thursday class doesn't become running camp on a tennis court! That would be unfortunate. I hope she keeps it more varied than that. I will definitely let you know if I get around to looking at the T25 workouts. From the sound of your class, they actually sound like something I might enjoy if they are similar to that concept. I do miss Shaun T. sometimes. :blushing:

Erika, I am happy to hear your DH is doing better. But I am sorry to hear your little boy has been suffering now. Panic attacks are no fun, and I am sure they scare him to bits. Hopefully the idea of writing his thoughts down will help. I am so glad to hear his teacher is supportive. He is so young that teaching him coping mechanisms now will pay out huge dividends throughout his life, no doubt. Yes, I suppose we need a guard dog. :laugh: I have chastised my house plants for doing nothing, but they don't seem to care. :bigsmile:

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ This a.m. was KickMax!! :drinker: Always a fun one. Headed to Spinning after work; fingers crossed again that it is a good one with Julie. What a difference in our weather …… today it is pouring rain :grumble: I even heard some thunder when I was in the grocery store on my lunch break. Thought of Miss Emma. She does not like thunder at all.

Thelma: Sounds like pretty good news on your shoulder pain! Could have been something way worse and the tendinitis therapy will take care of it I’m sure. Yahoo for that :drinker: Continue to be patient with the process and before you know it you will be all good to go. Nice work on CycleMax last night & a huge congrats on the weight loss!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Sounds like your team is doing amazing. That is so great. Dang it on the Collage Video sale news of being sold out. I guess you’ll have to widdle down your list to what you really want/need and go with those first. :laugh: Emma has worn the new harness in the house a little bit and just goes and lays on her bed :laugh: so we did go for a short walk last night, Bernie too and she seemed ok. She loves going on walks so much I don’t think she cared what was strapped around her.

Erika: Sorry to hear about your son and the anxiety :ohwell: I was going to ask you how your hubby has been doing. Glad that is better for him. Now just getting your son going. Is it just events that make him nervous that trigger it? I would think the journaling will be a great tool to help. :flowerforyou: Isn’t the nicer weather an amazing thing? We had a few days this week and everyone seemed like they were in better moods. Great work getting in your workouts each day! I bet that is feeling good and wearing your FitBit ~ I’m sure keeps the incentive going.

Laurel: Fantastic workout again today! :bigsmile: You really hit the XT workouts hard this week, nice job. Tomorrow I have FlexTrain scheduled . . . looking forward to it, but I think (like you) I am going to pair it with something else as well. I remember it feeling that way to me. Yes, I think the 2nd Insanity class on Thursday’s will be a good format (weather permitting) since it is Katy. The BC class on Monday is the other instructor & like Thelma suggested I have thought of requesting not a “Running Camp” all summer. We’ll see.

Hi Michelle ~ Nice Zumba today! :smile:

Hope you ladies have a great weekend ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!!! I've been waiting for this day since Monday! :laugh:
    I was exhausted after work so I did a lite workout. I went with a Cross Fire pre-mix 10 called "Less Impact". The Cycle Max DVD left my legs really stiff yesterday so my knees were achy. I think it's more because my IT bands were tight even though I used the foam roller. I pushed myself really hard on the bike last night.
    I was not able to get a physical therapy evaluation appointment at the place I chose until next Friday morning. I'll work from home that day and will go to my eval at 8AM. I did book 4 weeks worth of therapy appointments though! The only bad part is that the appointment times are at 4:30 which will interfere with my workout time. I'll just have to start a little later.
    Incredibly enough my arms feel pretty normal today. I wanted to use my arms so bad during the workout tonight and I did but a little during the warm up. I didn't feel the bicep tendonitis all day today but I did yesterday. Anyway I will continue to be patient.

Erika, I hear you about this having been a long week! Thank God for weekends!
    I'm happy for your new found workout motivation. Very generous of your employer to give you the Fitbits! I hope you win the challenge!
    I'm sorry about your husband's and son's anxiety attacks. I really hope our son can learn to manage them. How fortunate for you that he has a very supportive teacher!
    I really hope I can recover soon from this injury!

Laurel - You're really had a great workout week! I really like that All Out Low Impact HiiT workout! Are you going to continue with the XTrain workouts next week?
    I really don't think the doctor could've given me better news yesterday given that I knew I had an injury. I was so afraid she'll tell me that I needed surgery or that I couldn't lift weights again!
    I will definitely recognize the signs if it ever happens again. Resting the arms has helped tremendously. The Collage order cancellation was really a big disappointment. I went to check if they had anything left a little while ago and I think they only have a few workouts left and they're mostly pregnancy ones!
    Thank you about the weight loss congrats!
    So true about Irish people being welcoming to Americans. Hey they welcomed me and I'm a Salvadoran with a US passport! :laugh:
    Tami - Nice workout this morning! I hope you have a nice spin tonight! We remained cold today. Rain tomorrow and in the 40's. I hope Miss Emma wasn't too scared by the thunder today!

It really is pretty good news about the shoulder. I hope the resting I'm doing now will pay off as I'm already feeling better. I imagine it means the inflammation is going down.
    Thank you about the weight loss. My team is doing great at the gym.
    The Collage cancellation really was so disappointing! I'll just have to add the videos I had chosen to my wish list.
    I'm glad Emma did so well with her new harness!

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    This week is my rest week, and (in some ways) I can't wait for it to be over!!! I suspect I'm addicted to working out ... I don't get the adrenaline rush with running, but give me an hour's worth of interval training/kickboxing/weight lifting, and I am feeling great for the rest of the day. :happy:

So I've been yoga-ing and dancing this week in lieu of my calorie scorching DVDs, and I'll start prepping the 1RM testing for Meso3 tonight and tomorrow. :bigsmile:

I lucked into Michelle's Collage post at just about the right time, I snagged a couple Cathe's and another instructor's quickly disappearing offerings ... and it appears that most of my purchases have been shipped. I know I missed out on one or two of my requests, so I'm waiting to figure out which I've not obtained.

What are our Collage alternatives now (Cathe's website and ...)?

Kira
  • bajangrl29
    Quick check in Ladies,

I'm working a few days this week but after my week off I was very tempted to cancel the rest of the month and just enjoy some workouts and homecooked meals.:blushing: This weekend was great as my youngest was suprised by her favorite cousin from Atlanta who came up friday night for her Cheer & Dance competition in Montgomery. We enjoyed our time and the kids were excited. On saturday we drove up together and enjoyed the awesome display of teams. My little cousin's team took first overall which includes a trip to compete in California or Virginia, so that was pretty cool to be a part of that day.:bigsmile: On Sunday it was a 20 min Kettlebell workout and this morning Squeeze Upper Arms and Waist....nice! The weather here is stormy too and yesterday the high winds picked my neighbor's trampoline and lifted it over the yard into the driveway of the next door neighbor..freaky and scary!:noway:

Ok my break is over, duty calls.:wink: Kira, totalfitnessdvd sells online and of course Amazon but it depends on seller.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a good weekend. Saturday was my day off working out, and I needed it as my allergies were really bothering me. :noway: I couldn't hear at all, which is so strange......especially since I don't normally suffer from allergies. But as quickly as my allergies attacked, they left again. So yesterday I did an interesting workout combo. To keep in line with the rep pattern of XT Burn Sets, I decided to do a STS Meso 2 leg workout (that also features the 10 rep pattern). I followed it with the bonus part of a Meso 1 leg workout--just for a little extra something. And then I did Tabatacise followed by Core 2. It was a really good combo, and my legs were definitely feeling it on Tabatacise.

Today I started with XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulder workout. And, for that little extra something, I did the XTrain 100 rep challenges of lateral raises and scarecrows, plus the rear delt bonus and my own 100 rep push-up challenge. My shoulders are fried!!!! I followed it with Cathe's Greatest Hits workout. Good stuff.

Kira, I am one who really struggles through rest weeks too! I have a tendency to change my workouts for that week....but still push hard. Probably not the wisest thing. :blushing: Glad you were able to get some Collage workouts. I have a tendency to buy my workouts from the instructor or, as Michelle suggested, totalfitnessdvds or Amazon.

Michelle, sounds like a good weekend. Sorry to hear about the stormy weather, though. That trampoline story....scary!! That must have been some wind!! Congrats to your cousin!! How fun for her!

Thelma, I have done that low impact Cross Fire workout, and I think it is a great workout when you want to do something but not too much. I am so happy to hear your arm is feeling better but that you are also still letting it heal. Disappointing that you have to wait all the way until Friday to start PT, but, hopefully, PT will help you heal completely.

Tami, great workout Friday morning! I hope the spinning went well as well. Hope your weather has settled down. We had a little snow Saturday, but yesterday and today are beautiful. I am also beginning to see some green grass!! :drinker: We didn't see anything resembling green last year until late April, so this is exciting as it means we've had moisture!!

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies & Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!! :drinker: Weekend was busy with friends, errands, coffee date and a baby shower at my BFF’s house (for her daughter), so I was there helping all day, but lots of fun! I took Saturday as a REST day which was tough … Yesterday was FlexTrain + X10 (pre-mix) combo prior to heading out for the day. Today’s my usual Monday workout of BootCamp. :wink:

Thelma: I love your lead line from Friday ….. that’s how I am about Monday’s and Friday’s! :laugh: Great job with the workouts and good news on getting your PT appts scheduled for 4 weeks! No messing around, you are determined to get that shoulder better! :happy: Which is fantastic. Sorry it’s not until Friday, but it will be here before you know it. Thanks for the well wishes on the Friday spin class. It was just “ok” which is often her class on Friday but it was better than some of the others.

Kira: I know what you mean about a REST week or even a day for me! Addicted much? :laugh: :blushing: Sometimes I do an active recovery week and it ends up being just a week of all my fun workouts. So not necessarily resting but the fun factor to keep me going that week. Here are some sites for you:

Cathe’s site: www.cathe.com
    www.Totalfitnessdvds.com (this is a great site and they have good sales as well) – they carry a lot of DVD’s and some of Cathe’s too.
    (You can save 10% by entering in: 10OFF when you check out!)
    Videofitness.com – Has workouts to trade and for sale on there.

Michelle: Sounds like a very fun weekend! :bigsmile: Congrats to your niece for being #1 Team! That’s so great you all were able to be there and see that. Nice job with the workouts.

Laurel: Fantastic workouts!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: You are really putting some great combos together, I love it!!! Nice job. Our weather has stayed pretty consistent since Friday’s wind/rain storm. It’s just been cloudy with rain here & there. Now today has had a few spots of sunshine, which is always nice.