Can a man and woman be good friends without...?

Options

Replies

• FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I would really like to say yes they can. But from my experience, no...All the guy friends I had ended up having feelings for me, or wanting something more. It's a shame. I do think it is possible though, rare, but possible.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have many long term female friends who are hot as heck and available. We are just friends we have different tastes in partners and we cherish the friendship more than anything deeper which we realize would not work out long term. Experience in past relationships has taught us this and we laugh about it and enjoy what we have even more.
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sure can!!!!! Me and my best friend are living witnesses...Love her to kingdom come and i have no feelings of lust toward her.

And dont get me wrong....my bestie look GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I mean people catch feelings yes and it does happen alot but if a person is truly a sister/brother to you, you will know. Most of my friends are females and we have never shared a bed except to sleep then again 95.5% of myfamily members are female so thats could play a part :-O

- James
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yep. We've been friends for about 8 years. He's more like a brother.. so that'd be weird! :noway:
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yep. We've been friends for about 8 years. He's more like a brother.. so that'd be weird! :noway:

Exactly!!! We adopted each other...still working the paperwork legally wise lol! But yeah cant say how many times we both have said that last comment...cant imagine it :noway:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    my friendzone is pretty well walled off from my "10/10 WB" braincells. honestly, once I decide that i'm not going to have sex w/ someone? i'm not going to have sex with them. we can talk sexual technique and I still won't think "I could hit that". b/c that's no longer their function in my social circle. I can also transfer an ex to this space with out ever thinking "I've seen your O face."

I have been told that this makes me weird.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Depends ...... I have a large group of male friend (females too but they don't pertain to this discussion ) .... Most of my guys friends are just that friends might as well be a ken doll lol.... However there are a few who where FWB at 1 point or another and afterwards went right back to being friends. If there is no attraction on either side it's quite easy to be just friends
  • JocyChan
    JocyChan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Without actions? Possibly.

Without thoughts? No.

I agree
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    I like to take care of the problem of "sexual tension" by banging early on. After that it's much easier to be friendly.

I just wanna say that HWT and I are friendly....

I'll let the rest of you just sit and think about that.....
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yes. But why?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I've never really had a good, close friend that was a woman. And in reading a recent post, I was wondering, 'Can a man and a woman be good friends without some sort of sexual thoughts or actions getting in the way?' The answer for me, is probably no. I'm too much of a horn dog. I'm probably missing out on some meaningful relationships, but that's just me. Sometimes II kind of wish I had a close female friend, but such is life. Thoughts.

most of my closest friends have been females.

If i was attracted to them, then yes on some level i wanted to have sex with them, but that didn't necessairly mean i would act on it.

Its probably easier to be friends if you are not attracted to her, or if she is not attracted to you, but its certainly possible to have a platonic relationship even if there is a mutal interest. You just don't act on it.

I thought this was part of being an adult?
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Without actions? Possibly.

Without thoughts? No.

I agree

Totally agree
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    my friendzone is pretty well walled off from my "10/10 WB" braincells. honestly, once I decide that i'm not going to have sex w/ someone? i'm not going to have sex with them. we can talk sexual technique and I still won't think "I could hit that". b/c that's no longer their function in my social circle. I can also transfer an ex to this space with out ever thinking "I've seen your O face."

I have been told that this makes me weird.

really? sounds like every woman i've ever delt with
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I've had several very close attractive female friends and it was never was on my mind because I just never thought of them that way. Maybe a special snowflake situation, nonetheless it is possible.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I just wanna say that HWT and I are friendly....

HWT?
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    No I dont think so. Eventually feelings start to develop more!
  • lesajo76
    lesajo76 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes you can I've got a couple of best friends ( men) being mates since high school and we dont see each other in any sexual wY at all, maybe I'am just lucky but there like my big brothers x
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    They can but the boundaries are very fragile and can be broken anytime with or without intention.
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    Options
    I've tried....never works.....guys always want more