Can a man and woman be good friends without...?

Options

Replies

• Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Well you are a man...of course your going to have those thoughts...are you going to act on them? That's the difference right? ha
    I don't think anyone here can say they have a friend in the opposite sex who they have not thought about sexually at one time or another. It's natural.

Uhhhhh.... I can. I have a good number of friends who are male who I have never had sexual thoughts about.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Yes. One of my best friends is a guy. Granted, we did start out as more so maybe it works because neither of us is interested in going that route again...idk. Regardless, YES
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I've tried....never works.....guys always want more

I have to respectively disagree with this...
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have several good male friends for 20-25 years with nary a sexual moment. A couple more where we discussed the tension and then proceeded to either pursue it or put the kibosh on it. And the biggest group is those with whom I previously made out, dated, or had serious relationships and remain friends with. Luckily most have secure wives/girlfriends so jealousy has not really been an issue.
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options

After getting married, all my guy friends suddenly showed no interest in being friends. So in my experience this seems to actually be typical.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

After getting married, all my guy friends suddenly showed no interest in being friends. So in my experience this seems to actually be typical.

I have a close friend whom I grew up with. We have been friends since the 5th grade, so we will always remain close. His wife HATES me because we hooked up a couple times over 12 years ago, way before they even met. He has to lie about where he is going whenever we are in the same city and want to hang out. I think he should just tell her, but that's his decision, not mine. I think she is being ridiculous, but again, it's not my business.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have really close guy friends that I share lots of personal stuff with and they share stuff with me. in some cases there's lighthearted flirting but it's nothing that makes the friendship awkward. I think it depends on the people.
  • Chieflrg
    Options

This happened to me as well, & I don't think that my guy friends were trying to secretly bone me.
  • Gwen_B_
    Gwen_B_ Posts: 79
    Options
    As long as they don't find each other attractive!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't find each other attractive!

BINGO! The shortest most accurate response:drinker:
  • Courtshorr
    Courtshorr Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I say YES as long as they both have the will power to not act on thoughts. Everyone will have thoughts, I think.
    Now... does everyone have the will power... NO.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Just because I'm friends with someone doesn't immediately mean I want to sleep with them. It just means I can tolerate their company.
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options

This happened to me as well, & I don't think that my guy friends were trying to secretly bone me.

You never know.
  • Chieflrg
    Options

You never know.

I think they would of told me in the past 25 years...but maybe they are just shy. Hahahaha
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    They can but the boundaries are very fragile and can be broken anytime with or without intention.

Well put.
  • silverteacup
    silverteacup Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Absolutely men and women can be friends without sex. Most of my good friends are men, I just seem to relate better to men.
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've never really had a good, close friend that was a woman. And in reading a recent post, I was wondering, 'Can a man and a woman be good friends without some sort of sexual thoughts or actions getting in the way?' The answer for me, is probably no. I'm too much of a horn dog. I'm probably missing out on some meaningful relationships, but that's just me. Sometimes II kind of wish I had a close female friend, but such is life. Thoughts.

yes it is possible .He is just and only friend and veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy close one.
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they can.

I can't be platonically friends with someone I find attractive.

I refuse to pretend to be friends because I think that is scummy
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sort of....just be married for a while :)
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Depends on the Boy and the Girl.