WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2014

Options

Replies

• nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! It's been another busy day here. Glad that many of you are feeling better!

Sandy - take care of that tooth! It's extra "no fun" when there is an infection.

I think I need to clarify something about the gun thing...Unless he has flatout lied to me, the handgun is also an air/pellet gun--it just looks like a real handgun--but I feel that it is unsafe for him to have it out in public and, as far as I know, there is no shooting range for pellet guns. The two rifle type BB/pellet guns look exactly what they are because of their size. I grew up with guns and see rifles and shotguns as tools for hunting rather than weapons of destruction. I was actually a pretty good target shooter as a teen. My real concern is for his safety since it could easily be perceived that the handgun is real and that others (including police) would act first and talk later. Also, for those who've not heard me talk about him, he is 17-years-old, 6'3", and fully bearded so he looks ten years older than he is. :noway:

DeeDee - I am amazed that you wore heels to Home Depot to begin with! My knees don't allow heels anymore. That doesn't entirely make me sad, because it gives me a very legitimate reason to not make my feet hurt. :laugh:

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Sears/Kmart has a thing where you can link your Fitbit to your Shop Your Way rewards card and earn points. I have walked out of Kmart with so many almost free things over the past two weeks. In fact, I walked out with an 18 roll pack of toilet paper tonight that WAS free! I need to remember to go there to get detergent, TP, paper towels, cat food, etc. and get the savings. When I checked out tonight, I had $27 worth of points to use--mostly because of linking my Fitbit.

I guess I'd better go pick up the boy child from work. Thank goodness he gets off at 9 p.m. tonight instead of 10 p.m. like last night. I'm ready to go to bed NOW!

Have a good rest of the evening!

Carol in NC
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I see have 5 pages or so to catch up on so I won’t be commenting to everyone! I’d be up all night! I stayed home from work today and worked on the dreaded test bank. Still haven’t heard back from the editor about extending the deadline. Also went to walmart for the household shopping and saw dad in the nursing home. I was gorgeous here today, in the low 80s! I went for a walk instead of the usual Wednesday swimming.

Jane hope you had a great birthday! Later…..OMG how funny. I thought it was you and not the temp!!!!

Joyce: hope you got some good rest!

Anamika: sounds like your training routine is great

Alison: what an awful experience…I’m so sorry

DeeDee :so sorry about the flood! We had two in a row in the basement and I’m worried about turning the outside water on again this year; the line going outside has broken inside the house twice.

Barb: what a beautiful dog! What kind is he/she? Looks kind of like a pit…my hubby used to raise them. What great dogs.

Carol: yikes! What a shock! Be careful! I hope you get peace of mind soon about the gun

Loretta: welcome!

Mollywhippet: love the joke especially because we are going camping this summer and I am terrified of seeing a bear nearby!

Sue: whipped cottage cheese? Never heard of it, but it sounds more reasonable that what I first read….”fried whipped cottage cheese!”

Sandy: yikes! A broken molar. I hope you get it fixed soon

Ok I’m falling asleep so I need to get in bed. I don’t know why but every night about 8:30 I am just keeling over. I also have a hurting foot. Don’t know what’s wrong with it but the top of my left foot is hot and hurts like crazy. Not swollen or red, but there is a tendon across the top you can feel….like a tight wire. I don’t remember hurting it, so it is kind of odd. OK, off to sleep! Take care everyone! Meg from spring-y Omaha
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!! This is the first time since I returned from NC that I have had time to check in. Work is crazy, especially after being out for a few days and vacation starting next week.
    My trip to hear my daughter's presentation was absolutely wonderful!! We had a great time just catching up. It was so nice to see her interacting with her peers and her mentoring professor. Duke has a beautiful campus and the weather was fabulous! I was sitting out in the sunshine on a very warm day while my DH was in cold rainy- and at one point- snowy weather. I took pictures of the daffodils and flowering shrubs to prove to everyone up here that spring does exist and will eventually get here. I get to go back in mid May for her graduation.
    We ate well and walked a lot. I was actually down a pound when I got home.
    I will work on backing up and reading all the posts. It may take me until the end of next week- thankfully I will be off work and will have the time!
    Congrats to all with successes and hugs to all who are struggling.

Deb A from CNY
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Bump for tomorrow
    Sue in TX
  • WifeofPastor
    WifeofPastor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi All;

I know I said I wouldn't be logging on for a few days but just popped in to see what everyone is up to. Busy week for me I managed to do couple of Km on the treadmill on Monday but that is it until Friday now. Yesterday was our Genealogy Meeting, tonight was Lent supper and Service at church, tomorrow I tutor a 7 year old for about an hour... it will be too late after that to do a walk so Friday will be my next chance. The Weekend we map the wiring as best we can so we have an idea of what we will be up against with rewiring the house. We will also be pulling down the old ceiling in the mainfloor bathroom, original lathe and plaster so we are going to have quite a mess, but it will give us the view of the wiring and the mess that the plumbing from upstairs is in. Sunday will be Sunday School and then Divine Service. A busy week-end i log demolition as light housework for calorie burning.

Not happy as I'm back up by 2 lbs again this week... to be expected though as I ran out of Lactalose so a bit bloated and nasty constipation... that's the trouble with taking codeine on a regular dosage it can play havoc with the constitution. Hopefully in a few days I will be back on track.

Hope everyone is doing OK. Keep up the good work and never give up ladies.
    Ronnie in PA, Saskatchewan
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: My mom also used to say, “this too shall pass.” I think she used it as a message of endurance. I’d love for all of us to chat in person. What a neat idea that would be. We’re scattered everywhere and it is unlikely that we’ll ever be able to do it except for a lucky few. Being here is the next best thing.:flowerforyou:

Heather: I’m happy your brother will be able to visit after all. You can enjoy your cheese treat together.:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I read your joke to DH and he laughed out loud. Thanks!:bigsmile:

Rita: I’m glad you’re still here! I hope you’re feeling better about things than you were a couple of weeks ago.:flowerforyou:

Jane: We’re here to support you in your efforts. I’m so sorry about the arthritis, but impressed with your “no tears” attitude.:flowerforyou:

Alison: I’m happy that your kidneys are feeling better. You sound like you’re working your way through the stress you’ve been under lately. I hope so.:flowerforyou:

Yardtigress: My dad kept his shotguns in his closet. I always knew where they were and never worried about it. DH & I had guns, too, but they made our kids nervous so we got a gun safe. That took so much stress out of the house. I know from experience that gun safes can help a family feel more secure when there are guns in the home.:flowerforyou:

PinkyPan: Welcome!:flowerforyou:

Barbie: I’m so sorry that your friend the line dance teacher is having such a tough challenge right now. Between her health and that of her DH, things must be very difficult. :flowerforyou:

Carol: Sending good thoughts for your son’s safety. Handgun “look-alikes” are not toys to fool around with in public. I agree that it is possible that people might feel threatened and that can lead to misunderstandings and worse.:flowerforyou:

DebA: I’m happy that you had a good time with your daughter. Enjoy your vacation.:flowerforyou:

We had a busy day and I’m tired. We took the boat out for a ride and the engine seemed to get better the longer we ran it. The cleaner that my husband is adding to the gas seems to be doing a great job getting the carbon and other junk cleaned out of the engine. :smile: We have a company coming out to clean and service our gas fireplace. I’m hoping they can solve the problem we’re having without our having to spend 10 thousand dollars on a replacement fireplace plus remodel our living room to make a new mantle and hearth, and also put in a new stove pipe. All of this is what our furnace company recommended.:angry: No way we’re doing that without looking for reasonable alternatives, including doing without a fireplace.:noway: I hope it doesn’t come to that.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training when able.
    3. Find a way to have fun at least once every day.
    4. Water: Pay attention to water intake and drink frequently during the day.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Heather – thanks for sharing,:smile: sometimes it feels lonely and as if you are ungrateful when you don’t love your family. My mom is a very vital 85 year old; she is raising a 15 year old her DGS – plans on teaching him to drive this summer. Her DS (father of the GS she is raising) is verbally and physically abusive to her and to me and she believes we deserve it as we are JUST women.:angry: She has gotten more accepting of me a unmarried career woman as she has gotten older but…. There is a lot of hurt under that bridge. :grumble:
    Glad to hear your brother is coming for dinner! With that menu he was being foolish to miss it. :bigsmile:

Jane – sending more hugs your way – you are headed in the right direction! :smile:

Sandy – hope that migraine is gone by tomorrow!

Mary – welcome ! Congrats on how far you have already come!

Carol – I was wondering just how old your son was – at that age they do really look like adults - we had the exact thing you are afraid of happen here – here is the link to the story; maybe it will help your son understand that you are not just a overprotective crazy mom:wink:http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sonoma-County-Deputies-Shoot-Kill-Boy-With-Toy-Assault-Rifle-228927441.html
    I have been considering getting a fitbit; but they are pricy – for my buget – but maybe with the sears gig it could pay for itself :happy:
    Deb – welcome back; glad it was such a good visit.

So my time with Mom, I did really good on food and booze - I kept thinking of you all and knew you were sending my extra strength! Thanks :love: - I got there before everyone else - and her first comment was well you are looking fat!:frown: I just said thank you - I mean whats ya gonna say to that crap? I am lower than I have been in 15 years - not where I need to get but really! Her friends were all interested in what was up with me, although one kept asking why I wasn't married? I told her the first time I just had not found anyone, the 3rd time in 2 hours she asked it dawned on me she was dealing with some dementia - Mom did not warn me... :huh: :angry: we talked about it after and she knew but thought it would be good for me to figure it out on my own... My mother is weird. Dinner was another challenge she really wanted a sandwich - and there is a new deli - I think ok, that can fit in my plan - Deli NOT - it was a grilled cheese place; all they served was grilled cheese and a salad with grilled cheese croutons! Too crazy!!! I had a 1/2 sandwich and a side salad - hold the croutons! It worked out fine, and it was cheap :laugh: I paid for both our meals for $9.73 liking that!

Tomorrow is another day - Mom will come here for Easter; but there will be a bunch of others here too, so that is easier.

Smiles Kim in N. CAL
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Got our car in the shop today. This was the car we drove last Thursday to see oldest daughter and drove through torrential down pour and we went through a really bad patch of water and the car started shaking a lot afterwards. The engine light was flashing and the manual said to have the catalytic converter checked. So had it taken care of today. Was only the ignition switch and also spark plugs needed to be replaced. So was relieved we didn't have to pay out the huge amount of money on a 2000 model car. Also it took some of the sting out of ow much we had to pay in our state taxes. I don't know how much longer we will be able to keep this van. It is 7 passenger extended length which we wanted for when we go on vacation. Also we use it when we go to daughter's house since there are 4 of them and 2 of us when we go anywhere. So with the van we don't have to take 2 cars. Plus it has a luggage rack on top. We can really pile that car up when we go. When our other daughter goes on vacation we have to take 2 cars since that's a total of 7 people but up until now 4 of those people were pretty big. My SIL is a bean pole and of course the grand daughters are small. Poor oldest grand daughter, she will be one of those teenage girls that have very little figure, just tall and very slender. The younger one is to active to ever have a problem!!! But they take after their Dad. And our youngest daughter doesn't have any kids and traveling in a very crowded car with 1 very rambunxious 7 year old can be challenging. And youngest daughter smokes and she needs to have a smoke break. If she smoked at a rest stop and then got in a crowded car it would be pretty bad. And with the two cars. I can rent a scooter and put it in the back of the van and then use all of the space in her car for luggage. Michelle likes some pretty loud music that I don't care for and my SIL does to. So they look kind of strange driving together, our daughter and then my other daughter's husband but it works. It gives him a break from my husbands constant complaining about drivers, government, gas prices, incompetent people and since he is skinny he is tuck in the back seat with his two girls and has to take care of doling out snacks, toys, breaking up arguements, etc.

Well that was a long dissertation about nothing!!!! For you new ladies, I am known to sometimes ramble on in my own mind.

I was so excited to see that 175 this morning I am almost afraid that it won't be there tomorrow morning. I have hit so many plateaus and with MFP setting my calories at 1200 it's hard sometimes to get enough calories in to lose the weight. When I started this journey I was sure expecting it to not take this long. When I think of an 80 pound weight loss, at 2 pounds/month, that's 40 months. I guess I have 11 months left. So I guess that puts me at my 65th birthday next March!!!! What a birthday present. I did buy me something tonight. I haven't worn a belt in a long time. But these size 12 jeans are loose around the middle but the thighs still need the size 12. So I bought a belt. It's not that beautiful but it's not a plain one at all. It's a Walmart special!!!! Brown leather with kind of a lace pattern punched out throughout.

Joyce, Indiana
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi, all,

I finally googled schmierkase and found out that it just means "cottage cheese" so I guess it didn't have anything to do with it being smooth. A friend told me that she used to find it under the Breakstone brand but not recently. Actually, I'm in total shock that I spelled it right after all these years...........probably haven't seen the stuff since I was 6. Thanks, Tigress for the translation help.

Gloria..........Sorry your loss is not showing up on the scale; but you ARE gaining ground in overall fitness and good health!

Kim.........It's kind of strange---I know this concert would have excited me soooo much more when I was in my 20's or even 30's; but back then I never would have spent the money on the ticket.

jb............neat poem!!

Sylvia..............loved the joke!

Cindy...........I have started using ground flax on my oatmeal; never heard of "flax eggs"

Heather...........Please include me at your table!!! YUM!!! Even your menus make me drool.

Went to a meeting for a group I volunteer with that happened to be held in a horse barn. Can't go there w/o taking treats. Wouldn't you know it; feeding the last horse the last treat----the big devil bit me!!! my finger is half numb since; hope the feeling comes back tomorrow.

I have one of those air handguns..........DH got it for me to use to chase squirrels from the bird feeder.........I just raise the window and fire it out the kitchen window.......certainly no danger of me hitting one of them with that thing but it does scare them away (for a few minutes, anyway). I would never carry it in public.........it does look like a "real" gun. I keep it under the sink; no little kids around here.

Another late night..........going to go back to bed shortly. Have a foot massage and a lunch tomorrow to look forward to.

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Phew just read about five pages - lovely to catch up with you all :laugh: :laugh:

:ohwell: Trouble is - now I need to get ready for work. I'll try and get back here tonight when I get home from work. (I didn't even get an interview for the part time job I applied for) :ohwell:

:flowerforyou: Have a Happy Thursday.

Viv York UK
  • stow62
    stow62 Posts: 11
    Options
    Sandy – Wow, I have never shattered a tooth, sounds painful – take care:sick:

Vicki – I am with you on a weeknight gig – now I own my own business and can adjust my hours, but before I would not have gone more than probably a 30 min drive each way on a work day – especially if I had to go home then back out.. Often once I was home; I was out of my car until morning. :happy:

Barbie – What a busy time! I hate it when the internet (and host company) decide to leave my world! We are so dependent on it ! best wishes to Jake.

DeeDee – glad the day was better – and how great that in addition to a remodel you are getting tons of extra steps! :smile:

Alison – it sounds like a really busy day planned, that must mean (I hope) you are feeling better.

YaannieJannie – So when you have been to the concert you will have to give a full report! The price of tickets is why his concert is still on my bucket list. :tongue:

JB --- wonders of Wednesday – I am starting to scan for your posts everyday for a new poem! Love them.

Heather – I want to come to your house for dinner- that sounds so yummy!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Brenda – congrats on bye, bye, 1 more pound:drinker:

Katla – I have also lost my glasses like that; but I can’t drive without them so I wander around feeling everything – hoping to feel them and not step on them. :smile:

Stow62 - enjoy! :drinker:

Jane – did your DGD do locks of love with her hair? I did it a couple of times – it is a great thing; and so nice to start when you are young!

Another beautiful day, Levi and I did our morning walk and have to get working!

So tonight I will be going to my Mom's house - I love her, but don't like her, it is a long and difficult subject, but she has invited me to cocktails at her house with some of her friends and then for me to take her out to dinner (yes you read that right she invited me to pay for her dinner; she can easily afford it ) She dreams these things up periodically and I only agree occasionally. So it will be tough calorie wise. She is not very supportive - she tells me I am fat and ugly, but will serve drinks and fattening appetizers and then want to eat out at her favorite greasy spoon. So I did tell her I would pay for dinner; but I was picking the place - I'll pick somewhere she likes, but that has a choice or two that will work for me. not quite sure how I'll handle the drinks - as drinking a lot makes the evening easier to get through without being prickly, and over sensitive. So if around 4pm PST anyone has any extra patience and will power please send it my way! :bigsmile:

Kim in Sunny and warm (80's) N. Cal
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

We have beautiful blue skies today in London. The odd fluffy cloud, but mainly a blue ceiling above us.

I am definitely feeling the strain of working a six day week at present. I'm off this Sunday and intend to spend the day catching up on housework and cooking etc. To be honest, I'd rather just collapse on the sofa with my pjs and a good book, but THAT'S not going to happen. Being out of the house for fourteen hours a day means that I need to catch up with so much stuff. Roll on the end of April when I go back to Cologne with DD#1 to visit DD#2 and my gorgeous Elli baby.

This week I have been bringing high protein lunches to work every day. I truthfully never thought I'd get fed up with spinach - my favourite veg - however, having it at least twice a day is now beginning to dull my appetite. I may give it a rest tomorrow.

Work to be done and only me to do it!

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • stow62
    stow62 Posts: 11
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone:happy: , I'm loving reading all these posts, I'm at work and the bosses are all out and trying to catch up with what everyone is up to.

Kim, hope all went well last night, its 10.22am in London on Thursday 10th April, so missed your post yesterday. Just wanted to say that I can totally sympathise with your situation with your mum, I have a similar problem with my aunty, (my mum's sister in law). Its too complicated and long drawn out to write down. Families can't do with them or without them!!:flowerforyou: Keep your chin up, take your left hand and put it on your right shoulder and take your right hand and put it on your left shoulder, give yourself a massive hug while looking in the mirror and tell yourself YOU ARE GORGEOUS AND BEAUTIFUL,:love::love: after a while of doing this you will believe in yourself. I work for a psychotherapist and read a lot of self help books, they do work, you need to believe in you as you are an important person. :bigsmile:

Sandy hope your feeling better, my DD (does that mean darling daughter?) and I ran 1 mile last night then did a 60 min circuit training class, boy did that take it out of us!!

I am so pleased to report that when jumped on the scales this morning I'm finally under 10 stone, 9.13lbs this weights finally shifting in the right direction. :bigsmile:

Ops bosses are coming back, better get on with some work :wink: will check in later
    Have a wonderful day everyone keep smiling:happy:
    Val in London UK
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    lurking :flowerforyou:
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good morning to All, I've gone back a few pages but have no more time to go any farther back. I hope all is well with everyone. I missed work yesterday as I seemd to have caught some type of bug and spent Tuesday night hugging the toilet. Yesterday I could not stay awake and dozed on and off all dya, thought I'd be up all night but slept with the help of Tylenol PM. I ate nothing yesterday but part of a piece of toast and some chicken noodle soup so wasn't suprised to be down two more lbs. I feel a lot better today but still have no desire to eat anything.
    Next Saturday my daughter has a pinning ceromony, she is graduating from college and will be taking her state test to be an RN. I'm very proud of her. She did all this while raising twin daughters (age 12 now) taking care of a house and her boyfriend and his son live there as well, and she works full time.
    I am having my two daughters and their families to my house for Easter this year, for brunch. I pray the weather will be good and we can have an outdoor Easter Egg hunt. Now I have to think of a menu, unclutter and get my Spring cleaning done and get out and get eggs to hide. I am going to have a very busy week-end.

Heather UK, Hope your lunch goes well, it sounds yummy!
    Jane, Glad no tears, I have arthritis too and it is painful. The cortisone worked wonders for me, I hope it does for you too.
    Grandmallie, How is the water drinking going? 78 oz cup must be huge. I have a 20 oz and try to drink two of them at work every day and then two more in the evenings.
    Tigress GA, A massage sounds wonderful, glad you enjoyed yours.
    PinkyPan1, Welcome! I’m from Ohio too. I live outside of Cincinnati. Wow, what a wake- up call. It sounds like you are doing all the right things now, some people still would not have listened. Hats off to you.
    Kim N CAL, Glad your dinner with your Mom worked out. My Mom was a difficult woman as well, she has been gone now for eight years. Most of us are in our 50’s so most of our mothers were all from the same generation as well. Maybe that has something to do with it. I remember one of my grandmothers was very blunt and not one to show affection at all. My parents did not show affection either. But once my DD was born, (their first grandchild) things changed. My daughter would just climb up and kiss on them, hug em, tell them she loved them and slowly they started to respond.
    Joyce IN, Congrats! Size 12 jeans and they are loose.

I guess I better get to work, after missing yesterday I have a ton of e-mails and missed phone messages.

Have a healthy and happy day,
    Patty Cincinnati OH
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Barbie:smile: Glad Jake is feeling better:flowerforyou: ! Sorry to hear about the problems with your line dance teacher:cry: !

Sandy in ON:smile: Hope you`re feeling better:flowerforyou: ! Do you have an appt. to get your shattered tooth (should have an OUCH icon here) repaired? Isn`t it great when we can outdo our daughters:tongue::laugh: !!!

Kim in N. CAL:smile: Sorry you have such a time with your mom:sad: ! I guess I was lucky, my mom and dad always encouraged me and was always there for me no matter what, I miss them so much:love: ! I can`t believe she didn`t tell you about the lady with dementia! I agree, give yourself a big hug, you certainly deserve it!!!

Cindy in NC:smile: Hi! Nice to see you again:flowerforyou: !!!

Amanda:smile: Hope you get to rest a bit on Sunday:flowerforyou: ! I like spinach too, although I don`t think I could eat it twice a day everyday:noway: !

Michele:smile: I did boss the boys last Sunday morning:bigsmile: ! They love it as much as I do:tongue: ! I interviewed another landscape guy yesterday, I wasn`t too crazy about him, something just didn`t click with me, maybe because I just happened to be really tired at the time. I have one more to interview and that happens the first of next week. I`m really good at decorating the inside of my house, but when it comes to the outside, I`m totally at a loss!

Viv:smile: I`m sorry you didn`t get an interview:sad: !!! Maybe something better will come along!

Patty:smile: Glad you`re feeling better:flowerforyou: !!! You should be very proud of your daughter:love: !!!

Time to go to the track:bigsmile: , then rush back home and let the workers in:ohwell: ! Sorry for all that I missed! I`m wishing everyone well:heart: !!! Drink your water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in gorgeous NC:glasses:
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options

:flowerforyou: Gloria, I looked to see if your diary was open to see if I could make any suggestions about changing the food in your 1200 calories…..sometimes what you eat makes a difference….I’m sorry you’re feeling so discouraged

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

Thanks Barbie. My diary should not be open. I decided in the beginning that, while I have nothing to hide, it was for my use so I'm pretty sure I left it that way.

I am very aware of what you mentioned and spent months with my doctor making adjustments, even though I had tried pretty much everything before seeing my doctor a couple years back. Also, what I've been logging in the past few to several months is not what I've done for the past 4 years. My recent eating habits have been a little lax. I've been blaming the stress of my mother's illness and death. Regardless, I'm reigning myself in a bit more each week to get back to how I "normally" eat.

It's just a shame to work this hard and never have a crumb tossed in my direction.

With that said, off to T25:ohwell:

Hope everyone has a great day and success (whether it shows on the scale or not).

xo- Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options

Kim N CAL, Glad your dinner with your Mom worked out. My Mom was a difficult woman as well, she has been gone now for eight years. Most of us are in our 50’s so most of our mothers were all from the same generation as well. Maybe that has something to do with it. I remember one of my grandmothers was very blunt and not one to show affection at all. My parents did not show affection either. But once my DD was born, (their first grandchild) things changed. My daughter would just climb up and kiss on them, hug em, tell them she loved them and slowly they started to respond.

Have a healthy and happy day,
    Patty Cincinnati OH

VERY interesting observation, says the daughter of a "difficult" mom, rest her soul. My mom was also much more affectionate to her grandchildren than she was to us.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Have a great Thurs everyone.
    Gonna spend the day with hubby on his day off.
    HUGS
    jane
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Took one day off from reading and had three pages to read!

Patceoh … my father took an honor flight to Washington, D.C. as a WWII vet. He considered it one of the most memorable moments of his life! Usually an unemotional man, he wept telling us about a young boy who came up to him at the Tomb Of the Unknown Soldiers and shook his hand for his service. So glad your husband enjoyed it.

Gloria … hang in there … weight loss can be painfully slow. Exercise is great… but counting calories is a must. Do you weigh your food/portions? I found a “serving size” to be quite an eye opener! And sometimes I'm not being honest in my logging ... little bites here and there DO count ... I might also suggest you move up from 1200cal. There are several links about that here on MFP. And you are exercising. My trainer hands out a nutrition sheet entitled "eat more to lose more." I find this to be true when I'm exercising. Just thinking out loud here....

DeeDee … you made me laugh! I need more fascination with all things related to cleaning!

Kim in N Cal …. Just shaking my head … we have a saying in my family …. “we put the ‘fun’ in ‘dysfunctional’”

Joyce … 175!! Fantastic!

Finally seeing some nice weather after snow on Tuesday! Just a few snow patches left. Time to get outside!
    Have a great day!
    Beth