Is it okay to "flaunt"?

Options

Replies

• Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'll put it bluntly and to the point, grow the hell up. You wore it to show off and get attention and most likely to make your husband jealous! This isn't reality TV!!!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Anyway... My profile photo is now one of the outfit in question...

13870370315_afc9dd748f_o.jpgImagePlease

Looks fine. In fact, it is a bit conservative for what I thought it was going to be in your initial description.

I lived through the 60's and early 70's where your outfit would have been nearly deemed to be worn only by a prude. ;-)

Perhaps we all worry too much....
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It's okay to flaunt as long as you're not doing it to make somebody else feel bad. Just be appropriate about it. Maybe you wore short-shorts and crop-tops in high school/college, but some 30-something woman shouldn't be wearing kid's clothes IMO. A back-revealing dress or a wispy dress belted at the waist with some nice heels will look sexy AND classy. Wear something that shows off your figure, but be mindful of others if you're going to THEIR house.

I think your husband was right to be concerned about how others might feel. If you want that attire, invite them to YOUR place next time. Your house, your rules.

Stay classy <3

All of those things you suggest would be a millions times more 'flaunting' than her jean shorts and t-shirt. She's wearing a casual outfit that you'd see any woman wearing during warm weather.

The OP's outfit is basically the opposite of what I'd call flaunting. My mom would probably wear something like that, with flip flops, to go walking about.
  • timeapart
    timeapart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear the outfit wear it.
    If you wanted to cover up that's fine too.
    Don't ever let other people tell you what you can and can't do with your life.
    If you feel amazing and want to show other people that, then go ahead!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Holy moly there's been a lot of activity on here! I will catch up after my morning red bull :drinker:

You're 29, the outfit is cute as hell, and you pull it off. Wear it and FTW. So unbelievably DGAF what others think, you like it, you wear it. And Dr. Laura is a nutjob.

What I think has been lost in all of this name calling and cat fighting between women, is that it is the OP's HUSBAND who did not approve of what she was wearing. This had nothing to do with "offending" her friends or other people in public. If the OP's husband is not comfortable with her dressing that way, she should obviously have a discussion with him about why he feels that way and come to an understanding of his feelings. Whether or not you or I agree with his feelings is a completely moot point; if you are in a marriage you should respect the other person's feelings even if they are sometimes unreasonable. This is not an issue of "girl power" and "wear what you want"...this is solely an issue between OP and her husband. His opinion and his alone marks the difference. If OP decides to continue wearing this in opposition to her husband's feelings about it, then there WILL BE a problem and further discord...it doesn't matter what you/I think about how she looks in it and how she should operate in a vacuum or as a single person.

/thread. Please.

Oh please. Did I travel via Tardis back to 1950? Should I consult my husband about my outfit every day prior to leaving for work? Should I even be working? Perhaps I should be pregnant and making him a sammich in my Leave it to Beaver floral print apron. Why should she change her outfit to respect his feelings as opposed to him respecting hers desire to feel pretty and sexy. Oh I don't think so. :noway:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    this is solely an issue between OP and her husband. His opinion and his alone marks the difference. If OP decides to continue wearing this in opposition to her husband's feelings about it, then there WILL BE a problem and further discord...it doesn't matter what you/I think about how she looks in it and how she should operate in a vacuum or as a single person.

I was in a relationship like that once. Never, ever again.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Looks fine. In fact, it is a bit conservative for what I thought it was going to be in your initial description.

I lived through the 60's and early 70's where your outfit would have been nearly deemed to be worn only by a prude. ;-)

1) I'm way older than OP and I would never hesitate to wear those shorts. Most likely with a pair of platform espadrilles for extra height.

2) It's not even a crop top. It is a regular top with peek-a-boo cutouts. The hem comes below the navel. A crop top has the hem above the navel.

OP, your husband is acting possessive and a little jealous. He's using your mutual friend as his excuse because he's worried her husband will be checking you out. That guy's already seen you in a bikini, so not really even sure why he's worried about this outfit. Either that, or he doesn't like the style of the top and rather than tell you that, he's going to use your friend as a scapegoat so you can't be mad at him for not liking your top. Men are like that. Heck, women are like that.

There is nothing at all wrong with what you're wearing. Compared to some of the things I've seen on women, this outfit is downright conservative!
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'll put it bluntly and to the point, grow the hell up. You wore it to show off and get attention and most likely to make your husband jealous! This isn't reality TV!!!

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    I looked at your pic & you look great. Your outfit isn't even revealing! Geez, if your Husband thought that outfit was too revealing he would hate what I wear haha! Wear what makes you happy :flowerforyou:
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Holy moly there's been a lot of activity on here! I will catch up after my morning red bull :drinker:

You're 29, the outfit is cute as hell, and you pull it off. Wear it and FTW. So unbelievably DGAF what others think, you like it, you wear it. And Dr. Laura is a nutjob.

What I think has been lost in all of this name calling and cat fighting between women, is that it is the OP's HUSBAND who did not approve of what she was wearing. This had nothing to do with "offending" her friends or other people in public. If the OP's husband is not comfortable with her dressing that way, she should obviously have a discussion with him about why he feels that way and come to an understanding of his feelings. Whether or not you or I agree with his feelings is a completely moot point; if you are in a marriage you should respect the other person's feelings even if they are sometimes unreasonable. This is not an issue of "girl power" and "wear what you want"...this is solely an issue between OP and her husband. His opinion and his alone marks the difference. If OP decides to continue wearing this in opposition to her husband's feelings about it, then there WILL BE a problem and further discord...it doesn't matter what you/I think about how she looks in it and how she should operate in a vacuum or as a single person.

/thread. Please.

Oh please. Did I travel via Tardis back to 1950? Should I consult my husband about my outfit every day prior to leaving for work? Should I even be working? Perhaps I should be pregnant and making him a sammich in my Leave it to Beaver floral print apron. Why should she change her outfit to respect his feelings as opposed to him respecting hers desire to feel pretty and sexy. Oh I don't think so. :noway:

Hummm, or if that is your opinion...dont get married? Perhaps that would make sense...
  • nmpx
    nmpx Posts: 76
    Options
    if i were to lose a significant amount of weight there ain't nobody to tell me i can't "flaunt" it. i would have worked for that body and they can shove it. i already know when i lose a significant amount of weight my clothing style is going to change drastically.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

This outfit is perfectly fine for what you are doing. If your friends are more conservative, just bring another top that covers your whole midriff. If they are not conservative (and just "out of shape" as you described), then go ahead and wear it.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    What you wear in high school most likely shouldn't be worn when you're an adult and married. . . . . . . . . .

Let your husband enjoy your body with some sexy new lingerie.

Enough said.

BS. If you got the ability and want to flaunt it go ahead. Also the sexy lingerie is a good idea too.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Options

Said by someone who didn't even bother looking at the outfit and just wanted to come in here and say something nasty.
  • DJ7203
    Options

This outfit is perfectly fine for what you are doing. If your friends are more conservative, just bring another top that covers your whole midriff. If they are not conservative (and just "out of shape" as you described), then go ahead and wear it.

Exactly. Never cover up because people are out of shape & seeing you makes them feel bad. We all have the same 24 hours in a day & there is nothing stopping them from working hard to get where you are or where they wish they were. That is their issue, not yours.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Said by someone who didn't even bother looking at the outfit and just wanted to come in here and say something nasty.
    Clearly SOMEONE is jealous. lol
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Said by the person who started the "I'm leaving cos no one likes me thread", didn't leave because it got lots of attention and then started an "I'm staying" thread instead. :noway: :huh:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

/thread. Please.

I honestly can't believe this is how people view marriage, or that they want this for their life.

"honor your partner's feelings even if they're unreasonable. His opinion is all that matters. If she chooses to wear what he doesn't like there WILL BE problems.." My god. Did we go back to 1950 and no one told me?

And my favorite part is "/thread" Because dissenting opinions are not allowed. She'll follow his wishes or there will be problems, right pal?

I just don't have that need to control another person to such an extent. I don't understand it.

I guess this person carries all the secrets to a happy (subservient) marriage. Maybe this is why I suck so hard at the whole marriage thing....
  • Galatea_Stone
    Options

/thread. Please.

Hummm, or if that is your opinion...dont get married? Perhaps that would make sense...

Oh, I know. It's way too hard to find a man capable of mutual respect. It's so much easier to find a fashion dictator.

Before I met my husband, I mostly wore burlap bags and stripper shoes because I didn't know how to dress myself. I'm so lucky I found someone who would tell me what to wear everyday. I was completely and hopelessly lost.