How much have you lost, and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    87 pounds... in less than a year. Went from a size 18+ to a size zero. The trick was not achieving the weight loss... but keeping it off. It is so much harder to maintain than it is to lose. When losing you have the number drop on the scale to keep you motivated... been on maintenance for over a year now and it just does not get easier. Best of luck to you, you can do it! :-)
  • momofGD
    momofGD Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    90.2 lbs in just shy of 6 months and yes I am doing it healthy.
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    Around 25 pounds total from around April 2011-January 2012. Slowly but surely. I ate less, moved more. That's it! I still eat all of my favorite treats when I want them, just not so darn much.

I've been in semi-maintenance since then along with trying to improve my body composition.
  • Cline1988
    Cline1988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One great to jump start your weight loss is by doing the 21 day fix! My friend just did it.
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love reading these :)

I have lost 20 lbs since early december.

Edited because I forgot to put down my loss. :)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    -70 the first 50 about 6 -8 months then I got pregnant haha had to lose it all over again :) but thats ok! slow is better!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 lbs, it took about 9-10 months and I've had it off for 4 years now :) total lifestyles change. Good luck!
  • jmurphy0973
    jmurphy0973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs since January 24th, 2014. Consistantly logging everything you eat and exercising 3 to 4 times a week (eliptial and Arch machine) is a plus. You will start to notice that your energy will pick up and now I look forward to working out, great stress reliever as well. Give it 3 months of exercising and you will be on your way to a better you. I still cheat once in awhile however, I know where my calories are at and how much I have burned while exercising. Good luck, you can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • llopez627
    llopez627 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 55 years old and had a difficult time losing weight since I travel and have a pretty sedentary job.
    I have lost 30 pounds in a year.
    Method:
    I work indoors so I do an easy walk of 30 minutes a day prior to having lunch.
    Alternate P90 Circuit Training and P90 Cardio 6 days a week. Half hour stretch or rest on the 7th day.
    Eliminate processes foods; sugar, rice, pasta, breads, (gluten in general). These are inflammatory carbs which restrict weight loss. Try organic foods and quinoa for grain substitutions. Eliminate corn products from your diet: high fructose syrup, margarine, etc.
    Get enough rest, Sleep 7-8 hours a day.
    The key is to control your hormones by building muscle (testosterone) and eliminating sugar, processed carbs (Insulin) and getting enough sleep (cortisol/testosterone).

Weigh yourself every day and keep track of your calories on Myfitnesspal.
    The weight will come off so fast you will not recognize yourself in a few months. Get ready to buy new clothes.

Results are proportional to the effort put into achieving a goal.

Cheers!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    46 pounds is the highest I've lost so far, and it took me 8 months.
  • bevelles
    bevelles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started MFP on march 7th 2014!:flowerforyou: Its been 1 month and 3 days and i have lost a total of 12 pounds!(although my ticker shows 11 lol) I have lost 3 inches off of my waist, 2 inches off of my hips, and 1 inch off of each thigh! Even a half of an inch off from my neck! (neck fats lol you hear me right?) I have to admitt, I have not been exercising, so i can imagine I would probobly be doing even better if i had been :wink: But all of this is just from following what MFP has layed out for me. It has set me up with 1570 calories a day and I find it very good. I dont feel hungry so 1570 is just right for me. Im so happy i came across this place and even though i am just starting out im proof that this place works! Also everyday i check the success stories thread for motivation. Its great! I wish you all the luck for meeting your goal!
  • AirborneEd
    Options
    Approx 12 lbs in seven weeks, 261.7-250.1= under 200 carbs per day religiously, 45-60 mins cardio 5 days a week. Primarily Lean meat (fish Poultry etc) and veggie diet. Was out of the gym 2 out of 7 weeks due to work conflict one week and bronchitis the other. tracking at 2.0 to 2.5 lbs per week..........having done this successfully once before, expect plateaus you may need to work through by tweaking activity and diet occasionally. 55.1 lbs to go!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    170 lbs in about a year and a half, or 152 in 16 1/2 months. 124 in a year of MFP.
    Honestly it's not the time or amount that matters, it's getting moving and doing it. Good luck!
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    12 lbs in 9 weeks. 10 lbs in the first 5 weeks, 2 lbs in the last 4.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight in last 15 yrs that I didn't gain back, Atkins worked for me, but as soon as I ate any kind of carb I gained back plus some, with MFP and FITBIT I am tracking calories and increasing my exercise, mostly walking daily at least 45 minutes, always reach 10K, adding weight lifting now. Eat between 1300-1500 calories average, losing 1.5-2 lbs a week total 15 lbs in 8 wks, don't feel deprived, actually eating more food now than I did before, just less sugar and less carbs/fat, easy actually & really nice this is working and something I can do for life-- good luck to you!
  • coconuttjd
    Options
    I'm starting my very important journey, and wanted to know how long it takes most people to get to where they are today? I know everyone is different, but it would be motivating to see what my journey might be:)...I want to lose 40 pounds!!

I've lost 68 lbs. since the first week of August last year. 2/3 of that loss was in the first 4 months. I slowed things down around 50 lbs. and started strength training.

For me it isn't just about weight loss. There's a lifestyle component that I wanted to make sure I had so I can not only lose the weight but maintain it.
  • bigmike069
    bigmike069 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lost 140 pounds in a 1 year and 2 months.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs, but it's kind of been in stages over 5 years. I gained 54 lbs during pregnancy and didn't lose all the weight until the boys were 3.5 (I lost most of it earlier on but the last 10 lbs was hard and I did a lot of yoyoing). It finally took me 6 weeks to lose that last 10 lbs. Then I decided I wanted to lose some more weight and am now 8 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight. That took me about 2 months initially but I've done some yoying since then too and am currently aiming to lose another 3-5 lbs and then maintain.
  • ruth76016
    ruth76016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    24 pound 101 days still 20 to 30 to go
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I lost 1# in 5 days since joining MFP. I didn't lost last week and am due for weigh in this Thursday. Fingers crossed!

Before joining, I lost 14# from December to March just by changing jobs. I went from Assistant manager working third shift to working in a paper mill packing toilet paper and paper towels. It's active and seeing the numbers go down really helped my motivation to start doing more.

52# more to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!