What's the worst thing you ever ate regularly pre-mfp?

Options

Replies

• rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Chips. I love me some chips. I would be working on homework or relaxing and graze on them...before I knew it, the bag was almost empty. I also would eat out 2-3 times each weekend. I quickly learned that most of those meals were 1500+ calories.
  • fressita214
    fressita214 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of cheese.. doesn't matter what kind.. I LOVE THEM ALL!!! It's hard for me to stay away.. but I have to. :(
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Oreos or peanut butter. I could easily eat most of a bag of Oreos or a half jar of peanut butter in one sitting.
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options
    I would eat a GIANT bag of reses pieces (the kind with the zipper) every day.. and a red bull..

i hav not had reuses pieces since november when i sensed that i had a problem lol
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cookies & whole milk plus Salt & Vinegar chips. Got all your food groups right there.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    A burger-dog

A grilled zweigel's hotdog, wrapped in 80/20 burger, wrapped in a slice of bacon and deep fried served on a hard roll with cheddar cheese and mayo. Not even gonna try and calculate that.

ETA: ....and onion rings

ZOMG!!! BURGER DOG.... GET IN MY BELLY NOW!

LOL gotta love the burgerdog :-) Haven't had one in a couple years but we also have something called the Garbage Plate.

It's Macaroni (or potato) salad, baked beans, home fries and either a cheese burger or hotdogs (had both white hots and red hots) piled on a plate with meat hot sauce.

http://americanfood.about.com/od/extremeamericancuisine/a/garplate.htm

The assembly of a Garbage Plate
    http://americanfood.about.com/od/extremeamericancuisine/ss/garbage.htm

5oABJ.jpg
  • Xistie
    Xistie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything from Happy's Pizza, mainly the rib tip... smoky, saucy pieces of temptation...
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwiches, lots of ice cream, and Applebees.
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    A 300 calorie (2 cups) bottle of chocolate milk, with a 3-pack of Hostess Vanilla Zingers. That was breakfast on mornings I drove the truck to work.
  • Sjarkey15
    Sjarkey15 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've only had it once but it was the first thing that came to my mind...

Krispy Kreme Burger

1100 calories and 67 grams of fat.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    It was never about what I ate but how much... And I ate too much...
  • bluesdivaca
    bluesdivaca Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One weekend - Friday night to Sunday noon

1. One frozen chocolate cream pie
    2. One frozen Pepperidge Cake

Plus other normal meals including two meals out with fried foods. I don't want to think about the calories of this weekend, but I know I was eating, sickened by what I was doing and continued to eat. Ick.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I could easily put away the entire $10.00 dinner box from Pizza Hut - pizza, cheese sticks with marinara sauce and cinnamon sticks with icing. I've never looked up the nutrition information, but I'm sure it was around the 2,000 calorie range, if not more. I cringe at the thought lol

*EDIT - Decided to look up the nutrition count, out of curiosity. 3,945 CALORIES for the whole box! Holy crap :noway: :indifferent: :embarassed:
  • Shanahoo
    Shanahoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would come home from work and eat a full baguette of French bread (the large, metre long type) with a whole packet of goats cheese and smoked salmon. Easily 1800-2000 calories. Then I would eat dinner with my husband later on as well! I still dream about it, sigh.....

A full French baguette with 1/3 lb of brie for me, please. And a 4 pack of bakery cupcakes.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Bags of Miss Vickie's S&V chips, or any S&V or dill pickle chips. I'd go though a full-sized bag on Friday and be looking for another one on Saturday. Usually washed down with something alcoholic.

Pumpkin pies just for myself. With whipped cream piled high. I confess to buying a Costco-sized one on occassion.

Hubby and I often split a Costco hotdog and poutine for supper. Even split between us, it was a large amount of calories. But poutine... I've tried the poutine at every place that offers it. And yam fries that were just the vessel for the chipotle mayo.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to add that hasn't been said already(icecream,mcdonalds,etc) but since I live in ummm, kind of a second world country (not quite third world, but not quite first world), I only have to say a big 'thank you'. There aren't many chain-type restaurants here, and fast food isn't very popular. So while I was reading these answers, I googled stuff that I never heard of and it made me drool all over my keyboard. On one hand it's so sad that I can't try those things and/or have them on a regular basis, on the other hand, that is very very good for me and my weight loss. Thank you again, carry on now :D
    Edited because I'm illiterate.
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've only had it once but it was the first thing that came to my mind...

Krispy Kreme Burger

1100 calories and 67 grams of fat.

OMG I love those.....Lol. My husband & I recreated it. Best.Thing.Ever
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Probably one of my worst lunches I would get from a local spot:

Steak Burrito with rice, grilled veggies, cheese, sour cream and guacamole
    Cup of Chicken Tortilla soup
    Side of Chips with Salsa and Queso.

Easily a 2000 calorie meal....I look back and just wonder what I was thinking. I still go there but make such smarter choices now and its just as satisfying if not more.

That sounds SOOOOO good right now. Just leave off the 2K calories...
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry now......and not for a salad! Thanks to this thread.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Probably one of my worst lunches I would get from a local spot:

Steak Burrito with rice, grilled veggies, cheese, sour cream and guacamole
    Cup of Chicken Tortilla soup
    Side of Chips with Salsa and Queso.

Easily a 2000 calorie meal....I look back and just wonder what I was thinking. I still go there but make such smarter choices now and its just as satisfying if not more.

That sounds SOOOOO good right now. Just leave off the 2K calories...

Its so good...I wish I could get it and not have the calories count :laugh:

I was sitting here eating my chicken and veggies dreaming of a big ol burrito. Maybe this weekend I will indulge a little and get myself one. :smile: