I want him, He doesnt want me :(.. Vent/Rant

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    It looks like OP hasn't been around in almost a year. I'm bummin', I want to know what happened!
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    It looks like OP hasn't been around in almost a year. I'm bummin', I want to know what happened!

Send her a private message. Maybe she gets e-mail notifications when she gets one
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    WHOA go get some counseling. Any man would be wise to RUN AWAY from someone talking like you.

1. Quick involvement is a HUGE Red Flag
    2. Desperation is not sexy. You sound very, very desperate.
    3. Why would you want a commitment from a guy who does so much of what you don't approve of?
    4. Please, please get counseling and learn self-respect, how to stand on your own, etc before you get involved with a man.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Send her a private message. Maybe she gets e-mail notifications when she gets one

I think I will! I feel like such a meanie because I keep bumping this thread, but I get a kick out of seeing how many people post without reading the whole thing. :laugh:

ETA how did you find this one? I have a hard time finding old posts. The fart threads are obvious, the person had to have been searching farts. :bigsmile:
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was the opposite with my husband. He still says love at first sight for him as he saw me and felt instantly that we could make each other happy but I took a little convincing, partially as I was worried that the intensity of the feelings was more lust/obsession than love or that it would burn out but we were married in under a year and that was 12 years ago now. (And boy do we have some great stories from that time of our life)

So people can fall in love quickly, and at different speeds, but honesty is important. Space is important. You can't smother each other or you risk loosing yourself and your partner. The thought of being smothered with constant attention makes me shudder.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I really need to check the darn dates on these things!
  • JediPrincess88
    Options
    Here's my advice... Just be **** buddies, they're always the best :)

:laugh: Funny thing is that's my husband and I got started. It started as just that and then we got to spending all that time together, got to know each other, and after a month and a half we were dating. Seven months after that we got married :blushing: It's not a course that would work for everyone though lol

To OP, if he says he isn't ready to commit, then he's not ready to commit. You really do need to back off give him space. I understand about being needy and codependent and needing constant attention. I used to be like that and believe it's not healthy and can lead you down a dangerous track. The men who are willing to give constant attention are the kind of men who give healthy attention, at least in my experience. At any rate, best of luck with however you decide to handle it. :heart:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I sent her a message, but she hasn't responded. I really want to know. The suspense is killing me, maaaan!
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    I sent her a message, but she hasn't responded. I really want to know. The suspense is killing me, maaaan!

Keep us posted
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Keep us posted

You know I will! :bigsmile:
  • marionmmm
    marionmmm Posts: 61
    Options
    COARSE... of coarse

anyone find that gem yet?
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    "in the last 10 mins, literally he got 20 phone calls 10+ people showing up at his house and it was 1 am" Smoking a little more than cigs I would venture to say. Sounds like a dealer with 20 phone calls and 10 diff people showing up in middle of night :tongue:
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    COARSE... of coarse

anyone find that gem yet?

lol, your funny
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Good thing I read all they way through - didn't realize this was a zombie thread at first.

I want to know what happened!!!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Coming from a recovering "clinger" myself, listen to what these other people are saying... Stop being so clingy. Lol. It is NOT a turn on for a guy, you will chase him far far away, and then you'll be sad. Trust me. ;) You sound like me when I was a teen! hahaha. Whew lawdy.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Lol.

You are a little too clingy and he isnt ready to grow up.

this
  • marleyskye05
    Options
    I think he's a more independent type in a relationship and you are obviously, to put it bluntly, very clingy. Which you have even admitted. I think you need to accept that maybe you just aren't right for each other. If you keep trying to make him give you attention all the time he is going to feel trapped and freak out even more and you'll only appear desperate. If it's meant to be, it will be. Don't try to force something that isn't meant to happen. Why would you want to be with someone who isn't that into you anyways? Find someone who enjoys the constant attention reciprocated and you can both give each other attention all day long and be happy doing it!
  • megnay
    megnay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yeah girl, WAY too fast... I'm 23 and I've been friends with my now BF for almost a year, and even we haven't fully commit to each other yet. Chill out!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Show him this thread and you won't have to worry about him anymore.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*

In for the resurrection lol.