Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies! :bigsmile: I had a nice long workout this a.m. with XT Legs & Glutes Xtreme premix + 100 hip thrusts!,,:wink:
    DH is working a half day & taking me to lunch with a little shopping for my Birthday :bigsmile:

Hope you guys are having a great day! :bigsmile: Talk to you all later :smile:
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a nice weekend. We had a very nice Easter with my family yesterday. I am glad they were able to come down and we enjoyed some very nice weather on our back porch in the afternoon. Just perfect!

Saturday was my usual 'rest' day, but I did get a workout in yesterday before my family arrived. I started with Lower Body Trisets and then did Insanity's Cardio Power and Resistance. Still loving this Insantiy re-visit. Today was Gym Style Chest and Triceps, and in an attempt to 'double trouble' it, I followed it with the Chest/Tricep Superset premix from the same disc. Tough stuff! For core, I did Core Max 2 and for cardio, I did IMAX 2.

Tami, Happy Birthday!!! I am glad you are enjoying a little time off for work, and you get to spend some time with your DH today. Sounds like some fantastic workouts over the weekend! Thank you for sending me the STS/XT rotation. It might be perfect for me this summer since I will have DH around during the days and probably a little less 'freedom' to workout than I do right now. To have such a manageable and varied program at hand may be ideal!

Michelle, I hope you knee is feeling better still! I am not sure about high heels and a bum knee though. If there was one incentive to see a doctor, that might be it!!

Laurie, I am so happy to hear you are feeling so much better than last year! I think you've purchased some great workouts. But I have to echo Tami on X10. It is a great disc with a lot of variety. You can combine the workouts, do them alone, use them as add-ins, etc. It is just a really good disc to have.

Thelma, glad you enjoyed PRS2!!! It is fun, isn't it? The drive to Florida is about 1900 miles. We plan to do it in three days, and that's pretty reasonable as long as weather, construction, traffic, etc cooperate!

Well, off to start packing up the house. :noway: Our plans continue to change daily, but our latest plan is to take our household goods down with us in three weeks! So the move has been moved up a month. :noway: :noway: Good thing I did so much this winter and spring to prepare. But, of course, all of this is still subject to more change. :ohwell:

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Good Evening Ladies,

Just got done with CrossFire, and I loved it!:heart: Cathe can keep making workouts like this. :laugh: After CrossFire I did Ruthless #1 Hardcore Circuit, which actually was a good add-on. I took a rest day yesterday, and Saturday was XTrain Bi's and Tri's Premix #2, and Ruthless #16 Rip 10's.

Ok if you could please tell me your opinions on Cardio Supersets, Trisets, Athletic Training and the two new leg workouts. I think that Cardio Supersets is a for sure, but I don't know about the other ones. The two leg workouts don't really get that great of ratings. :huh:

Thelma, Sounds like a great step workout. I will try that tennis ball. :wink: Glad to hear that your therapy session was a lot better.

Tami, A very Happy Birthday, and it is very nice that you where able to take the day off. Great workouts, and it sounds like a nice hike. That rotation that you sent really looks great, now I have to decide what I want to do. Do you know when you will be trying this rotation out? I like the variety in it, and I can sub in some other workouts that I want to try. There is another rotation on Cathe's site that was a 15 week rotation, but I think the 12 is more my length.

Laurel, Things are moving quickly. What is it going to be like moving from dry country to really humid? :wink: Glad that you where able to find a rental unit, that will give you time to find the place that you want. A revisit of Insanity, I think that you said previously that you had T25? Are you going to be trying that out after your revisit with Shaun? Lots and Lots of push-ups you did today! I think that those GS workouts have the most push-ups of all her workouts.

Thank you both for the X10 recommendation. I'm going to get that one, FlexTrain, Rockout Knockout and maybe some of the other ones above. I have found a new love for Cathe, don't know what happened.

Have a good one!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a nice Easter. We don't really celebrate anything anymore. Those are family events and our families are not here. Well, DH's brother is here and him and his wife came over on Saturday but that was just out monthly get together.
    On Saturday I was a little achy in the shoulder blade area from the shock of the therapy on Thursday and the therapy homework I did on Friday night. I'm doing much better though but I know that my shoulder blades have a tendency to get tight.
    Saturday before the guests arrived I did Cathe's Intensity Workout-Premix 5 Timesaver - Step + HiiT (High), Sunday spinning and tonight XTRAIN - All Out Low Impact HiiT. Tomorrow I have PT so I'll probably do an X10 premix.
    I've decided to cancel my personal training sessions for April and May because the therapy session are on those same days. If I do both back to back it will be too much on me so I decided to cancel the training for now since I know I workout at home. I have 10 sessions left and I'm seriously considering not renewing. Of course I would like to know when the new gym down the street will open up because that will influence my decision on the personal training.
    I decided to return the Insanity DVD's to my coworker without trying them. I know I can't do them now and I'd much rather be able to do STS!

Laurie, awesome workouts!!! I'm so glad you loved CF!! You'll love X10 and Rockout Knockout also. I really feel that this new therapy is helping. The fact that I'm doing all the exercises at home it's good! I have to say that the help massage with the ball is helping get rid of those knots all over my upper back.

Happy Birthday Tami! :flowerforyou: I'm glad you had a nice long weekend! Good call on skipping Thursday's Insane-X class!
    It really sounds like you had a wonderful weekend between workouts and the hike with your friend and walking the dogs!
    I can't believe the harness is making such a huge difference with your dogs Tami! WOW!
    I'm happy with Mark the PT. I can already tell that the workout he's given me is helping.

Laurel, Great workouts as always! Such dedication! I'm glad you enjoyed a nice Easter celebration with your family! 1900 miles is LONG way. OMG! I can't believe you have to move your stuff so soon. It really is a good thing that you've been getting ready for this move for a while. I know I would be in deep trouble if I were in your situation right now.
    PRS2 was fun. Definitely one I could follow. I think the more I do the step workouts the better I will get at them although the V and A steps and the facing over moves usually get me lost but you know me I just keep on moving. :laugh:

Michelle, I hope your knee is doing better!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today started with GS Legs. To double up on the leg work, I followed it with the Scrambled Eggs premix from Body Max 2. Always a fave of mine, and today didn't disappoint.

Laurie, so glad you enjoyed Cross Fire!! I completely agree that Cathe can keep making workouts like that one. Here are my thoughts on the other workouts you mentioned:

Cardio Supersets-solid 40 minute workout. She does a lot of work on the discs on this one (running man, jumping jacks, etc). It is not super challenging, but I like it.

Total Body Trisets-it has taken me forever to warm up to these workouts (the music in the upper body workout almost had me tossing it out the window the first time I did it), BUT I really like them now. This is a very different style of lifting from Cathe, but these workouts are effective.

Athletic Training-this workout uses the step quite a bit. It is a good workout, but it is an odd combination of cardio and weights for me so I don't quite know how to fit it into my usual routine. There is too little cardio for it to be cardio for me and too little weight work for me to call it strength. But it is a good total body workout that does do some cardio and strength.

Greater Glutes and Lean Legs - I think if you like XTrain Legs (disc 5 in that series) you will like these workouts. I, personally, like both workouts better than XTrain Legs, but they are similar in feel. The first sections in both workouts use light weights (8lb) and incorporate some cardio (but not much). The standing work is relatively short (just like XTrain Legs). Then she moves on to barre or discs or floor (depending on the workout and/or premix you are doing). Both hit the muscles they are designed to hit, but, again, Cathe has really changed her approach to working lower body, and if think that has thrown some people (me included). Of the two, I prefer Lean Legs and Abs. The music is better and the Ab work is great.

Thelma, I understand completely about canceling your training sessions right now. I think it best you focus on healing first and doing both therapy and training back-to-back may prove to be counter-productive. I am glad to hear you feel like you are getting better!! Great job with the workouts over the weekend.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ thank you for the Birthday wishes!! :smile: I was able to take advantage of my time off with longer workouts. :heart: that Sunday I did the XT: Dbl Trouble Pre-mix for Shoulders/Chest/Back and it is so perfect. Yesterday I did the Xtreme pre-mix for Cardio Leg Blast and again, love that extra work. :wink: DH took me out to lunch as I mentioned and then made his “newly famous” Thai Lemony Shrimp recipe we have had a few times and I love. The one bad thing is this a.m. when my alarm went off I could not get up! :blushing: :yawn: 4:15 came a lot earlier than my last 4 days of 6:30. Tomorrow I will just move my phone across the room so I get up! :wink: So today’s workout is Insane-X which will maybe be outside …. Again. BRRRRR:huh: We can’t do her special workout she had planned at the High School because there is a track meet.

Laurie: I’m so glad you loved CrossFire! It is one of my favs forsure :bigsmile: Great job with the workouts over the weekend. Woo Hoo! You are on FI-YA woman :drinker: OK, Laurel has given you a perfect description of each so I will be an "enabler" and just keep it brief: Cardio Supersets is great, Trisets has become one of my favorites for a total body workout (there is a premix on there for upper & lower combined), it has almost a cardio effect along with the weight training because you are moving from exercise to exercise. :bigsmile: I also like Athletic Training, nice for one of those days you want a little of both cardio & weights. The two “new” leg workouts I prefer Lean Legs and Abs over Great Glutes. Neither are at the top of my list for a favorite of Cathe’s for leg workouts but they have grown on me after doing a few times. Very light weight or body weight in both. I’m thrilled that you have a new love for Cathe! I bet it is all that energy you are feeling this year! You’re going to love X10 & Rockout Knockout as well. On that rotation . . . I’m not sure when I will be doing it. I’m currently doing a XT/LIS rotation and I could easily change it up and incorporate STS. I think it looks really good too :wink:

Thelma: Fantastic job with the workouts over the weekend!!! :bigsmile: You are still doing amazing workouts despite your achy shoulder blades friend. That is so great. We didn’t have much of a celebration on Easter either. My in-laws were supposed to come over but she was not feeling well (sinus infection) and we understood. So it was just us. Yes, my long weekend was perfect and I enjoyed taking advantage of that time with my longer workouts!!! I saw that PRS2 was a keeper for you?!?! Good to hear.:wink: I have yet to try it but I am encouraged that you liked it as well! Yay.

Laurel: Fantastic job with the workouts! :drinker: :drinker: You are getting in some serious training before the move! I love it. I’m glad you’re loving your re-visit to Insanity. Love the format and the challenge to them. Sounds like your Easter was absolutely perfect and happy for you that the weather cooperated. Our weather was beautiful as well on Sunday. Thanks for the Birthday wish. It was your Anniversary as well right!?!? Happy Anniversary :flowerforyou:
    I’m sure you are a professional packer by now and it’s great that you have gone through so much of your belongings this winter to make the process slightly easier. Happy packing! :wink:

Hi Michelle - Hope you had a nice Easter and the knee is feeling better :smile:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Evening Ladies,

Just got done with XT Cardio Leg Blast:heart: , and Ruthless #4 Wicked Lower Body. Another great add-on. So far I like adding on these short 20 min. workouts. Can't say that I enjoy the constant talking, but I'm very good at tuning that type of thing out.

Thanks for all the good info on the workouts. I am going to get Cardio Supersets and the Trisets. :bigsmile: I still have until the 24th to make my final decisions.

Thelma, Those Insanity workouts are really tough on the upper body, since Shaun has you holding plank type moves. Probably a really good decision on your part to wait on those workouts. I have not done an Insanity workout since I did the first rotation. :wink: Sounds like some great workouts, and of course one of my favorites is the All Out Low Impact HiiT. I want to try some of the premixes on that one. I know I will probably love the Knockout workout, since I'm a big fan of kickboxing. I'm glad to hear the X10 is a good one also. I like that I should be able to do those as add ons if I want to.

Laurel, Great lower body work, and of course GS Legs is always a killer with all those low ends in it. :smile: Thanks so much for the descriptions. I was not a total fan of the XTrain Leg workout, I didn't really get DOMs from the workout. Of course I'm not a huge fan of floor and barre work, so I really don't need any more of those. :laugh: I think that her older leg workouts where much better, well even the ones in STS (I liked that those had just a little barre work in them). I think that I'm going to hold off on those leg workouts.

Tami, Sounds like a wonderful birthday day, sure wish my DH would cook. :laugh: Just tonight he asked what I was making for dinner. :noway: So what is the Xtreme premix like for Cardio Leg Blast. I have done a few of the premixes in XTrain, but not everything. There are just so many options in those workouts. So I'm guessing that the Trisets is a little like Super Cuts in XTrain. That one gets my HR up there. Right now I'm doing the three total body per week, one of them being circuit style. Three cardio workouts, and then I add on yoga/stretch and ab work. I like to add in at least one HiiT workout also. That has really helped me with the endurance. I think that I would be ready sometime this summer to start that rotation. I want to give this style a few more weeks, then maybe go to all upper/all lower for two or three times a week. Just have to see what workouts will work for that. Maybe two upper/lower and then one total/circuit. The options are endless with all the workouts that I have. I have not done the pyramid workouts in quite a while, and they have been calling me. I also saw that the Burn Sets has an all upper body option, and that workout has turned into one of my favorites.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my physical therapy session went well today. I wish I would've gone to this place right from the start but oh well! Today was my first session and it was everything I've always gotten out of a PT session. There was massage, making sure where in the right place, exercises, ice and electric muscle stimulation. The massage was a deep tissue one and it hurt like crazy but I took it because that is what I need. Mark even asked me to let him know if it hurt to much he could back off. I told him I could take it! I didn't have much time for a workout so I went for something that would give me a nice burn: Tabatacise! Love this workout! I may try Slide 'n Glide tomorrow which is similar to the low impact Hiit workout but i want to work my legs.
    I won't have much time for a workout on Thursday as I have my yearly physical followed by PT in the afternoon so it will have to be a short workout.

Laurie, great workouts! WOW! My DH cooks for us which is WONDERFUL! I still don't know how women go home after work and cook dinner, clean up and take care of the kids! :flowerforyou:
    I'm glad I returned the Insanity workouts. I don't think I want to try them at all. I do like that All Out Low Impact HiiT cause it looks easy but it really easy gets you going. I love the kickboxing workouts but of course I can't do them now because with those there is no way that I'll be good about my arms! LOL
    BTW, I have Athletic Training and I LOVE that one too.

Laurel, double leg workout WOW! You're incredible! :flowerforyou:
    It really is good to feel that I'm getting better. I was telling Mark that the day after I do my strength exercises I am sore but then it goes away as the day goes on. This IS a good thing. The personal training sessions will have to wait. I still don't know if I want to buy more sessions.

Tami, I'm so happy to read you had a great birthday weekend and that DH cooked that wonderful dish for you! Great workouts and good for you for going the extra mile with those longer workouts! Can't wait to read all about your Insane-X class. tomorrow! I'm trying to keep going with my workouts the best I an but it's getting harder and harder to keep my arms still during the workouts. At least I feel that I'm gong to get better!
    We really don't celebrate holidays much. we usually have a nice turkey dinner for Thanksgiving and that's about it.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Quick Check In,

Easter Sunday was great and we went to a different church which hosted their service in the HS Auditorium which was awesome. Afterwards we joined our friends for a family movie and enjoyed Cpt. America, glad Charles sat after the movie was over to enjoy the silence after " too much noise & shooting", he said or we would of missed those additional scenes at the end of the credits. I'm excited for Cpt America 3 after those previews that tied in Loki's sword from Thor.:bigsmile: Yesterday I completed a 45 minute Pop pilates LB workout and I can honestly say my inner thighs and abs are sore.:huh: :laugh: I'm on a 6/10 threshold on knee pain during the night and Barre works seems to help with strengthening the surrounding ligaments around my patella. TG! Of course when my crazy 12hr days conclude next week I will attempt to visit my doctor.

Happy Belated Birthday Tami, what are you 28 now?:tongue: Wishing you many more fit and healthy years.:flowerforyou:

The rest of you are "Binging It" as usual and I'm a bit envious as I'm so exhausted that I'm actually dreaming about my work at night and after getting the kids on the bus can only climb into bed and grab an additional 1 hour before it is time start again. :blushing:

Have a great day.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today I started my workout with Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. And since this is my 'double trouble' week, I finished it off by doing the Back and Bicep workout from the same disc. :noway: I am definitely feeling it in my biceps right now! Since we've been talking about it this week, I finished it off with Cross Fire--the extreme premix. :heart:

Tami, so glad you enjoyed a nice birthday! Sounds like a terrific weekend of workouts too. Thank you for the anniversary wishes! We celebrated 24 years on Monday. :drinker: We didn't do anything special--stayed home, grilled some salmon, had a glass of wine, and just enjoyed a calm evening.....because we know the storm is coming! :tongue: Three weeks from tonight will be my last night in this house! Crazy. Hope Insane X wasn't too cold.

Laurie, good choices on the workout purchases. I think you'll enjoy. I completely agree with you about Cathe's leg workouts. I like the new ones well enough (except for XTrain Legs), but they just don't have the same effect on my body. I forgot to answer your question about T25. My husband bought them about a year ago for himself. I had no interest in anything Insanity-like at the time and am just getting around to look at them. On preview, they look like insanity-lite, which is fine. I don't plan on doing a rotation with them but think they might be perfect for our hotel stops on the way across the country--short and enough to get the body moving after a long day in the car without being too tough.

Thelma, so glad you enjoyed your PT session. Hope the good effects continue! Great job getting in Tabatacise!! Love that workout.

Michelle, glad you enjoyed a nice Easter. I have heard nothing but good about that movie! I will have to see it....when I get time. Glad your knee is getting better, but 6/10 still sounds pretty bad. Hope you have time to have it checked out soon.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ I am happy to report we were able to be inside last night for Insane-X :smile: We did have Amy (our sub trainer for that class, she was nervous but did a great job) and they put us in this new section of the gym that has astro-turf …. It was different but much nicer than fighting the wind! This a.m. I did get right up :bigsmile: and did XT: Burn Sets Bis/Tris + 100 Rep Challenges for each. Tonight will be Spinning for a little cardio.

Laurie: Great work with CLB! :smile: That is a fun workout forsure. Glad you are enjoying your add-ons! I agree with what you are saying on Cathe’s older leg workouts vs. the newer formats. So much different :huh: The Xtreme pre-mix you do the whole workout then go back and do section 1-7 or you can do the whole workout and repeat 7-12. It’s a great workout for when you have that addnl time. Tri-Sets has a breakdown of 3 exercises for that particular body group. So (off of memory) Legs: Wall Squats, Forward Leaning Lunges with Dixie cups, Side Lunges with Dixie cups – then repeat. Step Ups with weights & a backward lunge, Lunge w/ back leg on step, Squats, then repeat. There are 3 sections for each. Then in the Upper Body you have the same exact format but it is an hour workout; some good push-ups and abwork mixed into this section as well! So slightly different than Supercuts but that same type of feel where you are moving along. However, I use a lot heavier weights in the TriSets workout. :wink: XT is a great program that sneaks up on you. When I was first doing it, I wasn’t sure how much I was going to enjoy it. Now I absolutely :heart: it and love the thoroughness of the entire set! We are lucky to know about Cathe I say. I think if summer sounds good Laurel mentioned she might be ready as well ~ we could all 3 do that rotation if it works out for everyone’s schedule!!

Thelma: The good news is that you are there now! :drinker: :smile: YAY that it is going well for you, I’m happy to hear that. Great job with Tabatacise last night.:wink: It is a great workout and glad to hear you love it. Maybe you won’t need your PT sessions with your trainer at the gym. If she has kind of taken you through the ropes already you can do it on your own + your Cathe workouts! :bigsmile: Luckily Insane-X was inside as I mentioned above. It was different being on the cushy astro-turf ground but felt pretty good. Just kind of crowded; we were lined up 2 by 2 from front to back. I was dressed for an outside workout so it was a sweatfest forsure and the surrounding “gym rats” lifting weights were watching us. :laugh: I did my best to just focus on the workout. It will be nice when we can get back into the gym again.

Michelle: :laugh: Yes, holding right there at 28 :wink: I wish. Glad to hear the Barre workouts feel a little better for your knee and a doctor visit is on the horizon when things slow down a bit. Especially with that pain scale still being a bit on the high side :frown: Sounds like you are over the top busy with everything right now! Hang in there and get those extra zzzzzz’s whenever you can!

Laurel: Another fantastic day for you on the workouts!! :drinker: :bigsmile: Way to go. I’m glad to hear you had a nice quiet Anniversary celebration. Always nice when you know a hectic time is coming to just enjoy a simple, relaxing evening. Kind of gets you grounded a bit! Yowsa! Only 3 more weeks :noway: Are you planning on having your weights and DVDs on hand in the car so you can do some workouts in your rooms along the way? I know you have done that in the past which is so amazingly committed and awesome!!

Hope you all have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another fun workout today. I started with Butts and Guts, which I still love after all this time. Then I did the 66 minute premix from Party Rockin' Step 1, which is my favorite premix on both PRS workouts. It is so fun that, once again, I did the 'finished product' section twice, so I guess I made it my own 75 minute premix. I love ending a workout with that much energy! I have been having a tough week energy-wise because of allergies, and this was the perfect remedy.

Tami, so glad you were able to be inside for your class! I would think astro-turf would take some getting used to, but I would also think anything may be better than a cold tennis court! :ohwell: This is my first week in six week without the 100's....and I miss them! But I didn't want my body to get too used to doing them either. Hope you are continuing to enjoy them as add-ons. Regarding the move, I will have all of my workout stuff with me when we move down in three weeks. I am not sure if I will be working out on the road as we are going to try to push the trip and get to Florida as quickly as possible. But, that being said, I am planning on doing Meso 1 next, and I have a plan for taking only four days off during the move (may be five if I can't get my workout room set up in time). But, when I get back here a couple weeks later (having completed Meso 1) I will have a freshly-purchased set of 8lb weights and my iPod workouts (I plan to download Flex Train and X10 to add to the collection) to do while in a hotel room here and on our trip back to Florida. So I have a plan. Now I just have to stick to it. :blushing: :laugh:

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Another great Katy Spinning class last night! :wink: We did the “Big Kahunas” again …. It’s been a while and it is always good; to me that workout always goes by fast & lots of variety. This a.m. was AfterBurn which I :heart: :drinker: No class tonight due to the weather & the "astro-turf" area being occupied :frown: So I’m very happy I did a great workout this a.m.

Laurel: Sounds as though you fought through you “lack of energy” with flying colors! :noway: :drinker: Nice work and I can’t imagine those back-to-back (w/out even knowing PR Step) but that’s a seriously long combo of workouts. Way to WORK lady. It’s so awesome that you have a plan in place and knowing you ~ you will achieve what you have set out to do! I would imagine having that plan in place gives you some peace of mind that you have a workout or workouts available if you have the space & time that particular day. If that makes sense :wink: Knowing you have it available vs. no options. Those two will be perfect to have loaded on your Ipod.
    Yes, I’m loving the 100-rep add-ons forsure. Yesterday I actually just did them both without plugging in the disc. I could hear Cathe talking it out though and saying “don’t rush this” It provides a good burn after a workout forsure & Bi’s/Tri’s are not my favorite body parts to work so adding that extra work in makes me feel good! :wink: The astro-turf is definitely better than cold, scratchy concrete. It will be nice to get back into the gym one of these days or if the weather would cooperate.

Hello Thelma, Laurie, Michelle & Erika :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Hello Ladies,

Didn't get a workout in last night, had to go get my hair colored and cut. :wink: Today was XT Super Cuts and KCM's 30MTF Trim Down Boxing Premix. Arms are feeling the burn right now.

Michelle, Ya those movies are loud, and they always have a trailer at the end. :wink: We have to sit through the whole thing just to make sure we don't miss something important. :laugh: Hope that knee keeps getting better and better.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, just thinking about doing those GS workouts twice makes me sore. :laugh: Yep those Insanity workouts sound like they would be good ones for the hotel stops. Get alot done in a short time. I felt really bad that I didn't like XTrain Legs. Love the Cardio Leg workout though.

Tami, You also did some great workouts. Katy seems to really do a great job of giving you all your moneys worth. :happy: Thanks for all the good information on the workouts. I should be getting Cardio Supersets and Trisets tomorrow. I also ordered Kellys Total Body Kickbox and Chris Freytag's HiiT workout. Have to say that I really enjoy the HiiT work a lot. Just gets everything done in a short amount of time. Summer will be great for that rotation, I'm looking forward to it. Just let me know when we will start, my rotation can be changed anytime. And since youngest dd's dance class ends in May I can get back on a more normal week. I really don't enjoy Thursday rest days. She is on spring break right now, so we are off today.

Thelma, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't do kickboxing. I to love those workouts, they just seem to hit every part of my body.

Have a wonderful evening,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I typed up my post last night and forgot to hit "Post Reply"! DUH!!!! It's a good thing I leave my laptop on and the text was still on the screen!
    I went for my physical today and everything went well. The doctor was all excited about what I've been doing this year for exercise and weight loss and wanted to know everything because she's always trying to find ways to motivate people.
    From the physical I went straight into physical therapy and my session lasted about 1 1/2 hours which was great. I had a new therapist and I loved him. Too bad he's only there on Thursdays to assist Mark. I got to do some exercises with 1 and 2 lb dumbbells which was great.
    I was a very sore yesterday in the shoulder area and there is a little spot toward the back of arm below the shoulder that from time to time hurts with the slightest touch. That is where I got the deep tissue massage on Tuesday. It was super sensitive today and it hurt badly! Today I was still sore and getting worried of having had a major setback but by the afternoon I was feeling pretty good. The therapist thinks it happen because of the deep tissue massage from Tuesday and the electric muscle stimulation getting well into the injured areas, thus sending them into shock.
    Since I got home very late I decided to have dinner before I worked out because I was starving. Then got on the spinning bike for about 37 minutes. I only lost 1/10 of a lb this week but I know why. This is the one week of the month when I had to make the Salvadoran bean soup and that is heavy in carbs and higher on calories than anything else I eat for dinner. We had that two nights this week.
    Last night I did Low Max premix 1 which includes Intervals 1-4 and OMG! My legs were feeling it. :love: Note to self: do this one every week! :happy: I love how this premix worked my quads and hamstrings. GOOD stuff! I felt the workout hitting my legs really good but that is because this time I used the two risers and other times I've used only one. I'm feeling more confident on the step. I always have one misstep and nearly fall off the step with every workout though! :laugh:

Hi Michelle, glad you had a nice Easter weekend and finally got to see Captain America. It was really good and yeah the sequel sounds promising! Good news on the knee improvement. There is a DVD I have called Strong Knees which is very good. You may want to look into that one.

Laurel, killer workout yesterday! WOW! OMG! CrossFire is such a good workout! Happy belated anniversary!!! :flowerforyou:
    Great workouts today too! I really like the Butts and Guts DVD too. Sorry about the allergies. I hope you take allergy meds because the allergies are going to be bad this year.
    I'm glad you have a workout plan for the "move" period Laurel. I'm sure you'll manage to stick with the plan.

I can't believe you'll be moving so soon! You haven't seen the house in person yet right? Are you going to go to FL to see the house in person or you're just going to wait till you get there with your things?
    I hope I continue to improve with the PT too. Tabatacise - I hadn't done it in a few weeks and it isn't easy but I like a good challenge.

Tami, Katy hits the ball out of the park with another awesome spinning class! :drinker: It's a good thing you got such a good workout in this morning given that you had to miss tonight's class. When is the gym going to be ready?
    finally an indoor class again! By the number of calories your burned on your Insane-X class seems like Amy did an great job! OMG it must've been so distracting to have the the people lifting weights watching you. Last week when the handymen were working on digging the trenches and replacing some of the siding they placed their saw table right outside the basement window in my workout area! We really don't have blinds or curtains in this house so I had nothing to block the window with and DH blocked it with a flattened cardboard box! :laugh: :laugh: The guys were not watching me or anything like that but I could see them and it made me uncomfortable so I know how you were feeling last night.
    Great workouts this week so far!!
    I rather do my PT exercises when I'm in PT just to get them out of the way. The strength exercises I do them every other day and tomorrow during PT I'll do them. Plus it's after the exercises that the therapist does the electric muscle stimulation which I need.

Laurie, excellent job on those workouts today! I was very close to not working out tonight because I got home so late in the day. I still went to the basement and workout out even if just 37 minutes. Good for you for pampering yourself with a hair cut and color! I'm going for my haircut on Saturday morning. I had a pedicure two weeks ago but I need a polish change so may go for that on Saturday too. I can't wait to be able to do my beloved kickboxing workouts. This type of workout has always been a go to workout for me.

Hi Michelle, glad you had a nice Easter weekend and finally got to see Captain America. It was really good and yeah the sequel sounds promising! Good news on the knee improvement. There is a DVD I have called Strong Knees which is very good. You may want to look into that one.

Have a good night Ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I ended the week with some good workouts. I started with Cathe's Power Hour, and I could definitely feel this week's 'double trouble' work when I started as my whole body felt fatigued. But as it went on, I felt better. So I finished it off with my Hard Strikes/Rockout Knockout combo.....and even did the conditioning drills at the end of Hard Strikes. I think my body is going to enjoy a day off tomorrow. But these tough workouts are paying off as I stepped on the scale yesterday (something I try not to do too often), and I am down a few pounds. This time of year, I get ready to celebrate the anniversary of reaching my goal weight (5 years ago on May 10), so that is why I decided to check the weight. Happy to be a few pounds below that goal weight right now! :drinker:

Tami, glad you enjoyed a good spinning class!! Sounds like fun doing the Kahunas again! Glad you are enjoying the 100's. Like you, after about the second week, I did them without Cathe. And, oddly, I think that helped me concentrate on them more as I really was going at my own pace. But I could still hear Cathe too! Yes, having a plan for workouts during the move does help me a lot. I think I realized about 10 years ago (when I really started carrying workouts with me through the moves) that, for me, sticking with workouts gives me some sense of 'normalcy' throughout the process. And, as silly as this sounds, sometimes seeing a familiar face (even on a TV screen) makes me feel not so disconnected. This move is going to be weird because DH is coming down with me and then leaving right away. So the first night in our new house....I will be alone. So, yeah, familiarity and routine go a long way. :blushing:

Laurie, I completely agree on the XTrain leg workouts. The Cardio Leg Blast is fantastic. I was so surprised when I did XTrain legs the first time, though. I have found that it is a good follow-up workout if I have pre-exhausted my legs first (like by doing something like Tabatacise) because it is thorough. But there is no fun factor at all, that's for sure. Gym Styles never fail to make me a bit sore. In going through the upper body ones a second time this rotation, I remembered why I don't do them more often. I just don't like all the band work she added to them. But they are great for a few weeks, like it am doing now.

Thelma, glad you didn't completely lose your post!! I have done that before....but I usually close the web page and then remember I forgot to hit 'post reply'. :grumble: :ohwell: Glad to hear you enjoyed your therapist. Definitely sounds like you could be getting sore from what they are doing. I know those deep tissue massages can make you feel like you've worked out for hours. Your Salvadoran bean soup sounds fantastic! I wouldn't worry too much about it because I would bet it is all good, natural food. So much better than processed--even if higher in calories. Low Max is a leg killer isn't it?? Glad you are getting more comfortable on the step. I can't tell you how many time I have fallen off my step. :blushing: :laugh: So be proud you haven't done that. We aren't going to see our new home until we get the keys to it. This isn't the first time we've done this and it is a bit strange. But, hopefully, this is the last time we have to do this!! :drinker: But we got a really nice email from out landlord last night, and that makes me feel good about it. From the pictures on the Internet we saw, the house looks really nice. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Evening Ladies,

Just finished Chris Freytag's 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing and HiiT Lower Body. That is one of the workouts that I just received, and it was a lot of fun. More tabata than hiit, but good. Four exercises done 20/10 for four times. Some of the exercises where easier than others, but at some point you do need a break. :wink:

Thelma, Good job on getting that workout in, I am to lazy to do that. :laugh: I actually like that Low Max premix also, have the other premix scheduled for next week I think. You are right it does get the legs really good and toasty. Glad to hear that your therapy keeps getting better, that really is positive.

Laurel, A Happy Anniversary to you and your DH. WTG on the goal weight also, that is still something that I have yet to achieve. Still a goal of mine. :wink: What a great combo, can't wait to try the two kickboxing workouts together. Oh I agree with you on the band work in those GS workouts. I did Muscle Max just recently, and my band had ripped, so I used the tubing. To me that was better than the bands.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!!!!
    Tonight I did Slide & Glide. I chose the double trouble premix even though I had no idea what it contained. Turns out it was the cardio section X 2 which was really good for my situation. I followed that with a nice leg massage on the foam roller and my shoulder exercises.

Laurel, What an awesome workout selection you had today! :flowerforyou: Congratulations on the weight loss and on the celebrating the 5th year of achieving your weight goal!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I really was lucky yesterday about not losing my post. I rarely turn my laptop off at home.
    I got on the scale this morning and I was - already lighter so I have hope that I will be still be lighter by next Thursday..
    I will be training with my trainer with my trainer the next two Wednesdays so that is good.
    I thought you were just going to drive to FL with your belongings and then see the house for the first time. That is very courageous!
    Low Max is really good for the legs specially with the 8 inch step. Thankfully I haven't fallen off the step but my foot has slipped off the step a few times. I think the reason why I haven't fallen from the step is because the workout area is small and there is always a wall nearby to help me break the potential fall! LOL

Laurie, Great workouts! Glad you're liking your new DVD!
    I used to be lazy and really good about talking myself out of working out. Haven't done that yet this year! I may try the other Low Max premix next week too. I have one or two new DVD's that I haven't tried yet so may get adventurous tomorrow and will try one. You and Laurel have been doing kickboxing workouts lately and I'm sooooo tempted to try one without the boxing gloves of course. I'm really happy with the therapy and hopefully I will soon be able to fully use my arms again.

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies :bigsmile: Happy Saturday since I missed you all yesterday :frown: filling in at our front desk in the afternoon so couldn't log in to MFP up there.... Yesterday's workout was Flex Train & Spinning in pm; it was a very easy Spin, but DH was at a meeting & I thought it would be good to get in before I headed home. Update is that that same instructor is leaving next week but I guess she isn't giving notice so it's supposed to be a surprise.....something upset her at PEAK I guess so she is moving to a different gym.

Thelma: sounds like you ended your week with a couple of amazing workouts! Low Max & Slide & Glide ...... Both did the trick on the legs! Hopefully no DOMS today from that :wink: I'm glad the other PT is great too - now you know you have 2 really good people to work with & sounds like they are quality trainers! Amy did do a great job Thurs. & to answer your question - it was a bit on the nerve racking side with the peeps literally right there watching. Sounds like you can completely relate though! :laugh: yikes on the workers being right there; love the cardboard idea. The gym is supposed to be done pretty soon... They we're painting yesterday so hopefully that is getting closer. Our weather is improving a little bit next week so if we have to be outside it may be doable!

Laurel: Yowsa! You have really been hitting the workouts hard :bigsmile: nice job! I'm sure it feels amazing. Huge congrats on getting on that scale & being below your goal weight! That is not surprising to me at all but I'm sure it was an amazing feeling! :drinker: I don't usually weigh myself until I go to my yearly doctor appt. Just stresses me out :blushing: then I start thinking about the numbers too much.
    Hope you enjoy your weekend ~ I'm sure you'll be packing like crazy! If I lived nearby I'd come by and help :wink:

Laurie: sounds like you are very happy with your new DVD purchase! That's great :bigsmile: Nice job with your workouts this week as well, you have had some serious calorie burns I saw! :drinker: Yes, Katy absolutely gives me my money's worth with her classes; with that other instructor leaving I am hoping at least one of her two classes will be replaced by Katy :smile: let me know what you think of Kelleys Total Body KB workout, I've heard good things about that one! Yahoo on doing the rotation together!! :drinker: I think Laurel will be on board too (no pressure) but June sounds good to me! We'll narrow down a date. As we get closer. Can't believe it is already May next week :huh: where does the time go?!

I wanted to also let you guys know ..... As it goes, once a year or so my DH will feel the need to get in shape! Well he said he is going to start working out with a friend!

Have a good weekend ladies :flowerforyou: Tami
  • StiringWendel
    [Time for a new thread it seems!! So on we continue........and welcome to anybody who wants to join in!]

Hi Ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend. Our weekend was hectic. But I guess that is to be expected! Saturday was my 'rest' day from workouts, so yesterday marked the start of my last week of the GS/PS rotation. I started with doing both PS Chest, Shoulders and Triceos and Back, Biceps and Abs. Felt kinda light to be honest! I followed it with Insanity's Pure Cardio. Today was PS Legs. I followed it with IMAX 3....and added the blast-only premix on at the end. :drinker: It's been a long time since I've done that.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed your new workout. I completely agree that tubing is so much better than bands. I often wonder why Cathe ever did things like biceps curls with bands when tubing is available. The bands always hurt my hands on things like that, but I don't have that problem with tubing. One of the reasons I like the XTrain workouts so much is for that reason.

Thelma, great job with Slide and Glide. I have never done that premix. Sounds like a good one. You have me laughing at the image of you bouncing off walls instead of falling off your step. :laugh: Maybe I shouldn't laugh!! Or maybe I should put my step closer to a wall! :tongue: :blushing:

Tami, sounds like a Good Friday workout! I am surprised that instructor is leaving with 'no notice'......but at least YOU know. I really hope Katy can take over one of her classes. Sounds ideal. Glad to hear your husband is in the mood to get into shape. Hope he enjoys it and sticks with it. Thanks for offering to come help us pack. :flowerforyou: The house is a mess!! But at least we are making progress, which is good. I haven't started panicking.....yet. :ohwell: But it really is just a matter of time before I do I think. :tongue:

Until tomorrow!

Laurel