WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2014

Options

Replies

• gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    I'm probably not supposed to feel this way all the time but I do have to say Heather's posts are always good for a smile, or and out loud giggle:laugh:

I'm here...bumping though another day.

T25 and treadmill time are done. Got a little housework done. NOT getting much work, work done. Yesterday kicked my behind. I appreciate a bride on a budget but EVERYONE who contacted me yesterday wanted everything for nothing. The good news is that I practiced the art of compromise and came on top when the day was done with 3 new orders that I will actually make a few dollars off of before it's done.

Had a 1/2 glass of wine before bed last night (was too tired to finish the other 1/2) and got the best night's sleep in weeks, maybe months! Only woke up a couple of times, very briefly, and actually needed the alarm to wake me this morning...a very rare event. :drinker:

Lots to do yet today. Have another appointment to check out another potential new school for Aaron. Need to narrow down to my top 3 choices by the end of the week so I can submit the school of choice paperwork.

Tossed the coconut cream pie as promised. No chocolate yet today (the day is young). Just used some leftover ham in a salad with some swiss cheese, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and ranch dressing (no too much) for lunch. Looking like turkey tacos for dinner.

Was so happy to read of the stressed young men making strong "grown men" types of decisions. Has me thinking. I never really push Aaron to do anything he doesn't want to but sometimes I wonder if I should just so he can try, maybe learn to work with others a bit and decide on his own to quit or keep going.

Wishing everyone a happy and successful day with at least a few good laughs.

xo- Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Alison: I think about you a lot; you’re definitely doing the best you can! :drinker: P.S. I don’t know what a coconut poke cake is, but it sounds fabulous.
    DeeDee: yep, I always wear at least spf 30! :glasses:
    Patty in Cincinnati: so sorry about Bailey; that kind of thing just breaks my heart. So glad the vet says she’ll recover.
    Carol: glad you’re going to the beach! Hope you have fun and relax.
    Gloria: glad you slept well!

Proud of my gym visit today: besides doing my normal routine I did "swiss ball abdominal pikes" (videos on Google, not of me) and discovered I'd lost 1.8 kg (3.9 pounds) of fat and *gained* 0.4 kg (0.9 pounds) of muscle since April 1! I guess the days I went over on my calories didn't hurt me as much as I feared. :bigsmile:

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I took Easter off and just finished catching up from page 17 of the previous posts! Easter was good I decided not to have the celebration at my house so we spent the day visiting a church in SO’s hometown and then back to our church. Both were lovely. Then we invited ourselves to one of DD’s house for late afternoon snack and then back home. It was a full and lovely day. Its seems that most of you had a lovely Easter as well. As of this morning I am back to my pre-Easter weight and I am pleased about that! :bigsmile: Both DDs dropped bombshell news on us over the weekend. Both are leaving their mates:huh: ….we took the news very calmly and patted each other on the back for not getting excited. Life…..:noway:

Tigress: Aren’t Marines wonderful! Mine is a little scary (so people say) but I think he is just the most wonderful little cuddle bug (don’t tell him I said so)! Anything connected with the daughters, grandkids, great nieces or great nephews has no price tag as far as he is concerned. The second youngest granddaughter’s parents moved from Virginia to Colorado. She (5 years old) called to ask Pop if he could please come and take her to McDonald because nobody else would. Boy did her mother catch it!:laugh:

Grandmallie: My SO’s dad calls me “that girl” because he can’t pronounce my name. I laugh and say its nice to have somebody call me a girl at this point.:laugh:

LKM: Wow! Sounds like you have a really full life. I am not a good dieter either. I am doing 1400 calories daily but I also try to get in 500+ calorie burn from exercise which means that most of the time (except for twice this month) I am under my calorie budget. I tend to gain weight during stressful times of my life. Right now I really try to keep moving whether it’s on my Wii, cleaning the house, washing the car, working in the flower beds, grocery speed shopping, or walking my beloved Doberman Storm. Plus if I am doing something I don’t have time to think about eating all that stuff that I love.:ohwell:

Beth: I remember the fruit and nut eggs! They were the best!:heart:

Sylvia: I don’t think your Easter dinner was a bust. The kids’ relationships are so complicated. When I was married there was always a need to coordinated visits to my family and his family. Because we had the only grandchildren in either family it was really competitive between the two families. For Christmas we would do a 120 mile trip to my family and spend Christmas eve (I won’t even talk about the logistics of packing Santa’s gifts for his delivery at my parents’ home much less the hassle getting them back home) and the next night, then a 80 mile trip to his family and spend the night and then a 160 mile trip back home. All said and done it sounds like your grandchildren had a ball and that’s what really matters.:flowerforyou:

Tigress: Men are amazing! :noway: You can never figure out what they thing nor why they are thinking it. My ex-husband blurted out to me one time “If I would have wanted a skinny woman I would have married one” because he was afraid I would leave him.:grumble:

Patty: I understand exactly what you are saying about people at work. I conduct myself as a friendly associate to my co-worker and my boss. Once the gossip line gets open there is no stopping it. Even co-workers who call themselves telling you what so and so said about you “for your own good” often appear to just be waiting to see what you are going to say about it so they can tell everyone else. When they finish telling me I say to them “Remember if she is talking about me to you, she is talking about you to me!” :tongue: Now they usually leave me out of the gossip line. Don’t let the workplace get to you!

Cyclingbonnie: Hugs and kisses:flowerforyou: ! My ex-FIL also suffered with dementia. On one occasion he awakened and thought his wife was an intruder. My son had to call him and tell him that the woman was there to take care of him and the house while his wife was gone to visit her family. That calmed him down and he didn’t remember a thing the next day. It is a difficult illness for caregivers.

Joyce: Bunches of kisses and hugs to you!:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: Did it occur to you that Noel was playing hard to get?:tongue:

Heather: I am absolutely addicted to books. Just Monday, I found a box of spiritual books and had to hide them. The SO bought me a Kindle when they first came out because he said he was sick and tired of living in a house with rooms of books. So he bought the Kindle and gave me a gift card to buy books in exchange for taking two F150 long body pickup truck loads of books to the local thrift store:blushing: . I tried to donate them to the local library, but they said they didn’t have enough staff or room to deal with them.

Barbie: Congrats on the new truck! The SO has always had a truck (he cuts down trees) but they have always been manual shifts which I can’t operate. He recently got one with an automatic transmission and let me drive it. I love it and am looking for one for myself!

Take care Ladies!

Tere
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello all - bumping in!

Big hugs to Rita and Alison - hoping things get much less stressful for both of you. I empathize with the back issues, Rita - have some arthritis and stenosis in some vertebrae and know just how unpleasant that gets.

Jill in western MA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday moring and what a pretty day it is starting out to be:smile: . Had some rain last evening and today is to get in upper 70's. DH brought me to work this morning as I am planning on walking home this afternoon. Now that the weather is warming up I plan to do that more often. :glasses:
    Lady came and did my nails last evening. Not sure I like having her come to the house. But did have a nice evening with her and her boyfriend. DH and boyfriend got the new bags put on the motorcycle so that was good. They bought pizza for supper and I only ate 3/4 of one piece. So hoping to get back on track this week and stay there.:happy:

Sandy--glad to hear you got your tooth fixed. Isn't true when we are told we can't eat to have a test done or after dental work all we can think about is eating. Wish it worked the other way and when we can eat we wouldn't want to.:cry:

Meg--We watch Deadliest Catch. :love:

Beth--glad to hear DS made a choice and is happy with it.:flowerforyou:

Deb--we are fine with those kinds of posts. We all do it and the support here gets me thru alot of days when I just want to give up.

Heather--hope you feel better soon. I am working on acting the way I want to feel. Hugs! hope you are feeling better, guess I do not understand how that works with your rental, You have more patience then I would.:flowerforyou:

Allison--sounds like DFIL knows who cares. I agree we need to let God be in control, sometimes giving up the control I think I have is hard. I am finding it hard to slow down and not get excited about things. You and all my MFP are in my prayers everyday.:heart:

Patty--Sounds like you are making wise choices for keeping on task at work. That is why I wear a headset at work most the time as then I can block alot that goes on around me. I choose to stay out of the drama.

Katla--5 years oh my!:noway:

Cynthia--congrates on the loss and gain of muscle.:flowerforyou:

Tere--You do love your books. I have started giving mine to the rehab unit at the hospital and to the gift shop to resell. I love reading a page turning book. My sister gave me her old kindel when she got the new one and it just is not the same.

Well ladies enjoy the rest of your day. I am looking forward to my walk home and hope the wind is not bad. I went to the hospital gift shop and bought this round flat stone. About 8inches around. It has a heart in the middle and says God Bless This Home. I want to put it in the middle of my rock garden. I am looking forward to getting out and working on it when the ground drys up and I have a day off.
    Welcome to the new ladies, we just keep growing, it great!! Hugs and prayers to all of you. Each of you are such a Blessing!
    Blessed! Vicki GI NE
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    JB - I love that spotted pup on your profile pic!

Here is the joke of the day:

:happy:

One day a little girl came home from school, and said to her mother, "Mommy, today in school I was punished for something that I didn't do."

The mother exclaimed, "But that's terrible! I'm going to have a talk with your teacher about this ... by the way, what was it that you didn't do?"

The little girl replied, "My homework."

:laugh:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My day has been very mixed up so far............slept at Gwen's (or rather didn't sleep much), up at 3:30, took her sister to the airport, returned Gwen's car and got in mine , came home and just crashed
    and slept till noon!!! Feeling very unmotivated and lackadaisical.

Yesterday didn't turn out as planned either; did get a good walk in, but tai chi and yoga instructor called..........terrible cold..sick and sounded awful.....to see if I would notify the ones in class who I know about it being cancelled. Made several calls and I ended up taking her a "care package" and just handing it in the door
    menthol bath stuff, chicken noodle soup, and a case of ginger ale. Need to see how she's doing today. Next class is Saturday.

Tere...........Wow!!! Bet the thrift store was very glad to see you coming with all those books for them
    I buy and donate to several in my area what I don't donate I mail to a friends mom. I also have the "book collecting" habit and probably have a few hundred to get read yet all over the house! Give me a good mystery and I'm golden!

Joyce.........I saw A.L., Vampire Slayer at the movies............it was "different" but not to be taken at all seriously, all in silly fun!

Cynthia...............Congrats on your super loss!!! Great work!

Heather...........So glad your DH forgave you; you were already upset and it does roll downhill! Maybe a legal consultation on the window?? Or, not worth that much trouble?

Carol............Say hello to OBX for me............I'll be there next weekend.

Beth...........My DD found out early on that she couldn't ride seriously in college and stay on the deans list.........so she made the decision to leave the barn and horses for the time being. Your son made a good decision, and, even better, he made it for himself!!!! He'll probably think you are crazy, but give him a big hug from me.

Gloria.............My theory was: throw everything at her and see what sticks...........started with "mommy and me" gymnastics at 18 months and moved through all sorts of stuff...........literally: everything from archery to yoga. The rule was she had to give everything a fair chance and if it was something I paid for, it had to be finished. Of course she did have choices and we discussed each decision on each activity she wanted. Colonial re-enactment, running, tennis, vocal groups, folk dance, musical instruments, swimming, volunteering (this I did require!!!)..........one area I tried to stay away from, just personal choice, was "team sports" and club type organizations; the exception to this was our running club beacuse it has members from 5 to 85. I've always felt (once again, personal choice) that peers were not the greatest of influences for kids. This business where friends are the be all and end all and more important than anyone else is fairly recent in history; probably from the 50's. Sorry I got off track here and rattled on; blame it on "drive to airport " induced babbling.

Need to go pull some weeds!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • LKM54
    LKM54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tere for the input. So far, I feel like my calorie deficit, even though not as low as others, is making a difference. My pants at least feel less tight! I am hoping the work outs will some how even it all out.

Just wanted to let anyone know that struggles with sleep issues a homeopathic remedy called Calms has helped me where nothing else does. No side effects, not a drug, a homeopathic remedy. They do have other remedies to address sleep as well. Just thought i would throw that out there if anyone might be in need.

I graduate in 3 weeks and CANNOT be finished soon enough. Glad I found this message board. It is nice to find other women who understand how menopause is a life changing event! I go by Lenny but first post I signed by my initials.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Heather – you mentioned the zucchini tots before and they sound divine… just have not gotten to them yet. I have loved skinnytaste.com :smile:
    Fragrant Chinese prawn curry tonight with pak choi in low sodium oyster sauce. – yummy I am catching the next flight to your house!!!! :bigsmile:
    Hope you did not need the spinach for a recipe, B.sprouts can be nice too.

Alison – sending support your way!!! :smile:

Cindy – I love free stuff!!! I got my fire pit for the backyard that way, 3 stools, and just the other day a big metal wash tub that I am going to put some holes in and put plants in….. :happy: :happy:

Tigress - my favorite line ever!!!! “I can under stand that you like sex, but do something, so you don't breed!” :tongue: :tongue:

Beth - NO WAY!!! Snow????

Cynthia – great job losing/ gaining!!

So today has been go go go - the muffins were a hit. But I have to tell you about last night, Levi you may remember grabs house flys out of the air and eats them (newbies Levi is my dog) well last night I was reading in bed; and Levi comes into the bedroom all proud of himself, hops up on the bed and drops on the book a half dead fly for me. YUCK! I was not thrilled, and I think I hurt his feelings; he moped a bit, when I got up, and dumped the fly in the toilet. Maybe he thought I was going to eat it....

Well a lot of running around today, and no work done - and it is still here needing to get done; where are the work fairies when you need them? Better get to it. Tomorrow is my gourmet club dinner - that I am bringing an appetizer to; so I am doing a California Twist on the British Ploughman's lunch - baguettes sliced, Branston's relish, pickled onions, sliced apple and 3 kinds of cheese - all laid out on a pretty wooden cutting board. - now for a cocktail to go with it.... This is an evening of way to much booze, way to much food, and an amazing good time with friends. So I save up calories; and log my best and love it.

Well more later or tomorrow.
    Kim from N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Tere, you did have a lot of books!!!!! Our family decided a long time ago to make a plan that would make everyone happy for holidays. At that time we were a family full of either ministers or worked in a hospital. Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday but Christmas always varied. So everyone comes home for Thanksgiving and then Christmas is for the inlaws. Then we all gather the first weekend after New Years for our Christmas celebration. December 25th is only a day on a calender, The real Christmas is the spirit in your heart. It has worked for years and the little grand kids think they are special going for another Christmas after New Years. One year we even had it in February since my brother who was in the Navy at that time could come then. It helps financially also. You can get a lot of shopping done after the holidays and even decorate the home on a budget.

Joyce, Indiana
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Vicki - sounds like a really neat wedding that you'll be going to. It won't be stuffy or anything, and I like that. More fun. Have fun at the wedding

Cyunthia - sleep tight...and don't let the bedbugs bite....lol

Tigress - that must have been so scary, having thoughts of wanting to kill yourself. So glad things worked out

turkishvan - welcome! Coming in regularly and posting is very helpful

Sandy - hope your mouth feels better fast

Meg - you never cease to amaze me how you work and have the matter of your family. Oh, I hate call waiting, too. Many is the time I just hang up, I figure if they're too busy to talk to me, then I'm too busy to wait for them. Unless I can do something else while waiting (like make dinner, clean, etc) and that's only if I really need to talk to someone (like at a business). The good thing about buying Easter tablecloths now is that they're 50% off.

Molly - welcome back! Come back more often, you are missed

Beth - sounds like your son made the best decision for himself. You should be very proud

Deb - yea for you! Keeping track and walking, what a great start

Joyce - Lincoln attacked by a vampire??? Talk about artistic liberties!!!

mimi - welcome back SVQ! You don't know how much you've been missed.

Kim - I liked your substitutions. So many times people substitute artificial sugar to get the calories down. You didn't do that, it sounds delish

CynthiaT60 - that's basically what I use the caller ID for. I must admit, tho, sometimes when I don't recognize the caller, I answer anyway because you never know if it's someone calling from a cell phone. And now you can take your cell phone number just about anywhere so the area code doesn't really give you a good clue. That is, if all that's displayed is the number and not the name.

Did an hour of Kelly Coffee Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD's. There are two segments, one is stepping and the other is plyometrics. For the first time ever, I did the plyometric portion. I usually avoid plyometrics because I don't like the high imploact on my knees. She does have someone modifying the moves, so I did that. Tomorrow I'm planning to do a Bob Harper Inside Out DVD then volunteer at the Green Room. On my way home I think I'll stop at this one food store and order the dessert for our Newcomer bowling party. I'm going to get cupcakes in the decoration of turkeys. The lady said what they do is use the Necco wafers, put icing on them, and it looks like the feathers are standing up.

Have a Newcomer board meeting this morning then senior bowling. I have a feeling Vince isn't going to go, he has a cut on his hand right where he'd be lifting his ball. Plus, he wasn't feeling real good yesterday.

Patty - look online for the Cheesecake Factory. Everyone says that's not a very diet-friendly place to go to.

Cindy - your sister is right. We used to put things out by the road (when we lived on a busy road) really for people to take. Glad you got a good workout. I like step. Whenever we go to FL I take this one gal's step class and I really sweat. For the longest time I thought it was because her class was intense. This last time I realized it is because the humidity is so high down there

Sylvia - I firmly believe that a dog knows when there are little kids. Back when I was pg with Jessica, I didn't know it at the time, I was taking our 120 pound sheepdog for obedience lessons. Suddenly he stopped pulling when I was walking him. I thought "oh, great, he's finally getting the idea". Then I found out that I was pg. Right after I found out, he started pulling again. As if he knew that he shouldn't pull me. I remember also when Jessica was little, she'd poke him in the eye and say "look, mommy, eye!" He didn't do anything. One time she, literally, put her finger up his butt, he just walked away. Now if I brushed him in the wrong way, he'd growl at me. He knew to be gentle with Jessica. It wouldn't surprise me one tiny bit if Bruno knew not to pull the little girl.

Carol in NC - have fun at the beach! Don't forget the sunscreen!

Beth - SNOW!!!! We started draining the water off the pool cover today. The original plan was to lower the water level in the pool so the water on the cover can drain into the pool. But that was taking much too long. On to plan B which was using the pool hose with the shopvac to vacuum the water off the cover. Only problem was that the shopvac only holds 12 gallons of water and it would fill before it could get rid of enough thru the hose. On to plan C which is putting the pool hose into the skimmer and the other end into the water on the cover and have it drain into the drain in the backyard. Well, that worked, so we'll probably finish it tomorrow, at least that part.

Didn't get home from senior bowling until almost 4. We were playing this team and one lady on that team is well known for her talking, talking, talking, especially when it's her turn to bowl. We were the last team to leave the alley! The team also had this guy on it, he's a real inspiration, bowls with his oxygen attached to his belt. But I suspect that he might have had his prostate removed because a few times it was his turn to bowl and he was in the bathroom. I remember when my father had his prostate removed, when he had to go to the bathroom, he had to go.

Vickie - have a good walk. It's so nice out

yanniejannie - how sweet of you to take your tai chi instructor those goodies

Lenny - congrats on graduating! What will your degree be in?

Michele in NC
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to have been missed!

I'd forgotten about SVQ (Sister Veggie Queen). I'm back to the veggies again. It's hard to fill up without some good, low-cal stuff. Nothing better than fresh, or fresh-roasted, or fresh-sauteed, or whatever, veggies! Hmm. Maybe fruit : )

Today's gone well. Chalk up...one! (And then one more, etc.) Breakfast was really lunch though as I had a fasting blood test (just routine) to get out of the way first so I didn't sit down to breakfast until afternoon.

I'm almost to my goal of 5,000 steps for the day. Funny how things can seem harder when we think about them. Then, when we do them, we find out they weren't really very hard at all.

Mimi SVQ
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    It is evening here and I am just chilling out with a small glass of wine. I am watching regular TV, usually I DVR shows and I skip commercials but tonight I've just got it on for noise. Commercials drive me nuts. Some are just so stupid and some it seem like come on over and over. Oh well.
    This week-end is my DD's graduation ceremony. Last Saturday was her pinning ceremony. She wasn't going to walk but her classmates talked her into it. She doesn't have enough tickets for her Dad and me so she invited him to this, I don't know if he will come but if not my daughter wants me to. We are all going to dinner afterwards at The Cheesecake Factory. Sunday is my company day at our local amusement park, Kings Island. Since both my sister and I work at the same place each of us takes one of my twin granddaughters. I don't like rides myself but enjoy the time with the girls.

Cindy, I'd love to have a step aerobic step, I'd have taken it too.

Heather Hampshire UK, Try broiling the brussel sprouts. They are really good that way.

Kim N Cal, A gourmet dinner club sounds great, I hope you have a great time.

It's 9:05 now so time for me to get things ready for tomorrow and head to bed.
    Good night all, God bless.
    Pattu, Cincinnati OH
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Took a little road trip over Easter weekend and just now getting back in the groove. Must say I agree with Kay (I think it was Kay) I'm mad that the new clothes I bought last spring are too tight and I don't want to buy new ones at a bigger size. Guess we know the solution to that problem, right!
    Katia - the canoe ride sounds wonderful. A friend gave us a canoe but the seats need to be rewebbed. DH is going to order the material on-line but never seems to get around to it
    Played in a two day golf tournament and won 1St Net. Got $80. Boy am I tired tonight. Tomorrow is a trip to Dallas to the retina specialist and a party tomorrow night. Hope I can get some sleep tonight. I'm seriously thinking of the 1/2 glass of wine to help me sleep!
    Sue in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Mimi, I am so happy to see you back with us again. This will be the time that works. Your goals are perfect. Having a step counter has encouraged me to stay active because I love the feeling of “getting credit” for moving around.

:flowerforyou: Cynthia, thanks for the suggestion about the dog harness.

:flowerforyou: Patty, I’m glad to hear that the news is hopeful for you DD’s dog, Bailey

:bigsmile: Cindy, what a great find for you…congrats

:bigsmile: Beth, congrats to your son for making a wise decision

:bigsmile: Jb, bravo on getting rid of the cookies

:flowerforyou: Tere, we had a truck but it leaked oil and we worried about it breaking down……our other vehicle is a smaller SUV so we have two vehicles that do different things…..today Jake told someone that I’m the only other person who can drive his truck….I do know how to drive a manual transmission, but I just don’t want to.

:flowerforyou: Vicki, the great thing about acting the way I want to feel, is that it really does help me feel happier.

:flowerforyou: Kim, what a sweet thing Levi did for you…..be grateful that it wasn’t a mouse or a bird:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Michele, wow, plyometrics…..I am impressed

:bigsmile: Sue in TX, congrats on your golf win.

:frown: Today when I called the line teacher I’ve been subbing for, she told me that she’s turning the class over to me because of her health. She’s on oxygen, has blood clots in her lungs and legs and is going to stay with her daughter about two hours from here. I am so sorry that she didn’t make this decision while she was still feeling well enough for us to have a big celebratory event for her retirement. Things are moving really fast for her and I know she is scared and overwhelmed.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Kayzoola
    Kayzoola Posts: 60
    Options
    I have been keeping my exercise appointments at the gym. Four or five hours a week gym time, and walking one or two days a week. I am also making an extra effort to eat a lot of vegetables. I love brussel sprouts too, but the one time I tried roasting them, they smelled like compost!

Spring is so busy. Weeds, weeds, weeds! Pruning and transplanting. I am thankful for rain, so I can do other things indoors.

Kayzoola (PNW USA)
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies

A true spring day in London today. This time next week we will be in May. Madness!

Mimi, it really is good to see you back. You have been missed.

I am trying to feel youthful today. In reality I think I'm about 106 years old, gallbladder, back and knees are all dragging me down. I'm going to put a brave face on, add a little lipstick and try to act like I'm feeling good. They do say that you should act the way that you want to feel, so I'm going to give it a go. (edited to say that I just noticed this phrase in a conversation with Barbie after I'd typed it - my inspiration often comes from you!)

Work beckons and I'm not brave enough to ignore it, so onwards and upwards I go.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Amanda - You go girl! I often find that, however low I'm feeling, putting my "face" on can improve my mood hugely. I know that "feeling old" feeling all too well! But then, I am old! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I often find my mind having to do a jump when I remember how old I am. In my head I'm still 35! Sometimes my body doesn't agree.:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm seeing the doctor this afternoon to get the result of my x rays. My knee is stiff today - the damp weather I expect. I also must remember to take in my prescription for my new arm sleeve. (The pharmacist is next door). Last time I was at the doctor's he gave me a form to fill in for blood pressure, but all seems normal so I haven't bothered. I will take it again in a moment. I will just carry on taking the tablets.:cry: As long as they are not doing me any harm I don't mind them. Over 60s don't pay for prescriptions.

Trying to organise getting hold of the key for our holiday home. I've invited the owners over for tea and cake, but haven't heard back. We might have to go over to theirs to pick up the key and instructions. I just love being in France, so I am looking forward to it. We live half an hour from the port, so it's relatively easy for us to get over there by boat. The house is about a three and a half hour drive from the channel. The day we get there is a French bank holiday, so we will be taking our eveing meal with us. Chilli con Carne is my favourite in those circumstances as I can pack it frozen in the morning and it helps keep the ice box cool.:bigsmile:
    There is a Michelin starred restaurant about 3 kms away in the nearest village, so I will book that for Sunday lunch. That is a big family lunch out in France, usually with children and grandparents, so I enjoy watching everyone enjoying themselves!
    Roll on the 8th! ! ! ! !
    On the 6th, before we go, it is the 11th anniversary of the day DH and I met. :love: :heart: In London we used to go back to the same pub where we met, and even managed it last year, but this year we we will go to our lovely gastropub about 7 miles away. Means one of us won't be able to drink much, but the food really suits me as they have seafood and fish. Lovely moules marinieres. Scallops. I can have a lovely meal there without going over calories. So it will be me not drinking then!:laugh: :tongue:

Love to all. Heather in damp Hampshire UK
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all, I'm so glad it's Thursday, Friday would be better but we're getting there. I am at work and had a pretty good night's sleep so feeling peppy. I really like the 6:15 to 7 o'clock time when no one else is in yet, it is peaceful and I can gather my thoughts for the day.
    Does anyone else watch Dancing with the Stars? I think this season is really good. There really isnb't a dancer I don't like or want to see go home. I know only one can win but this is a good mix of people.
    Today I have exercise class at noon and tonight I have a client at 4:30 and then plan to get some cardio in myself.

Tere and Vicki, Thanks for the words of encouragement. I use my headphones and ear plugs, I am saddened that grown women act like this no matter the age, but it’s not like it’s new.

Michele, I did look on-line at The Cheesecake Factory, it doesn’t look promising but it’s my daughters pick so I’ll have to figure out something. My sister might be interested in splitting an entrée; we do that a lot when we go out.

Amanda, Hang in there, spring is in the air and soon that old gallbladder will no longer be causing you pain.

Time to get to work, wishing everyone health and happiness today.
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Tere:smile: So sorry to hear about your DDs:brokenheart: :cry: ! I love books too:love: , need to clean out my bookcase though, I seem to have a gazillion of them. LOL at Noel playing hard to get:laugh: ! Maybe I need to do some growling and snarling and threaten to bite too:wink::laugh: :laugh: !

Vicki:smile: Hope you enjoyed your walk home and it wasn`t too windy! I love what you said to Alison "...giving up the control I THINK I have is hard" , boy that struck a cord in me...thank you!!! You`ll have to post a pic of your rock garden, I know it will be lovely!!!

Sylvia:smile::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...love the joke!!!

Yanniejannie:smile: How sweet of you to take the care package to your yoga teacher:heart: ! Hope you got a nap:yawn: !

Kim in N. CAL:smile: How sweet of Levi to bring you a present:wink:...ick:noway: , Noel will sometimes bring me a piece of her dog food:laugh: . If you find any extra "work fairies" would you please send them my way:happy: ! Enjoy your gourmet dinner club...sounds wonderful!

Michele:smile: Hope Vince is feeling better:flowerforyou: !

Patty:smile: Congrats to your daughter:flowerforyou: !!!

Barbie:smile: Congrats to you on being the new line dance teacher:bigsmile: , I`m sorry for your friend having to let go of it because of her health though:cry: !

Amanda:smile: Wishing you a happy day:flowerforyou: !

Carol in NC:smile: Have a fantastic time at the beach:glasses: !!!

Time to get this morning rolling....have a wonderful day ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in gorgeous NC:glasses: