Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Glad I found our “new post” :smile: Thanks for starting it Laurel. Yesterday was XT Double Trouble Chest/Back/Shoulders, always good! Love it when I have the time for that one :wink: Today’s workout was going to be BootCamp but it is sunny and nice outside and I found out that she is officially into Running Camp the last two weeks. So I think I’ll head home and do my workout …. DH is planning on working on some things out in his shop this evening since it is so nice outside, so I’ll have my workout area to myself! :drinker:

Laurel: WOW! :noway: :bigsmile: Nice workouts yesterday and again today. Yes, fingers crossed that DH moves forward with his plan. I think he will feel so much better. He has been so tired & sore from everything for so long …:frown: . It’s just time to feel better and I can’t push that so if he does it on his own it will be fantastic! I agree, it’s odd that Julie isn’t giving any notice. She has been there a long time so she must really be upset with them. I will of course keep you all posted. I saw what you wrote about the tubing to Laurie, I have snapped a couple of the bands before :laugh: :huh: Startles me more than hurts but just really makes sense on the tubing. No panicking! :flowerforyou: You got this lady ~ you are truly a pro at moving and it always comes together. Do what you can do each day and forget the rest!

Hope you all have had a great Monday ~ Talk to you tomorrow!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Wow! What happened? Did we exceed the maximum number of posts for a thread? I was going crazy trying to figure out how to reply when I finally saw the tiny link at the bottom of the last post that says "< continued at this topic >".

I Tabatacised tonight. I was tired and wanted a short workout. This one is a killer! LOL Of course after I finished it I thought that I should've saved it for tomorrow when I will really need a short workout because I have PT. :ohwell:
    I did CrossFire on Saturday and spinning on Sunday.
    We had a chance to test the new drain system our handyman did to prevent water from getting into the basement. We did have a little water but it was nothing compared to the amount of rain we got. DH checked the basement on Saturday and found the water. He then went outside in the rain to try to figure out the entry point by running the house against the foundation and he seems to have found the entry point. There were still some holes there that the handyman missed and he came today to patch things up for us. So far it seems like we may have solved our problem. Now DH thinks we need a new water heater! It never ends!
    I decided to order one more Cathe DVD. I ordered the Turbo Barre Workout. It looks like fun and more challenging and fun than any of the other sort of boring barre workouts I have.

Laurel, thanks for starting the new thread! I can just imagine how hectic your weekend was! What an awesome rotation you have going now. WOW! Talk about going back in time with the PS series! Awesome workouts as always! Good luck with the packing.

The double trouble premix on the Slide n Glide DVD is awesome. It really is funny to bounce off the walls when my foot slips off the step! You should probably move your step closer to the wall! :laugh: I actually have a wall on one side a barre in front and the spinning bike on the other side so I'm pretty well covered.

Tami, we missed you on Friday! Great workouts over the weekend! So the instructor IS leaving! I imagine that there isn't a replacement yet since she is going to "surprise" the gym by not giving notice. I'm sure Katy and Amy will teach some of the classes right? I hope your gym is ready soon! I can't believe your BC class ended up being a running camp! What a big disappointment that must be for you!
    So how long does your husband stick with his workouts for? is this like a New Year's resolution type of thing? I hope he finds himself a good workout partner.
    I bought a creamy almond butter and I'm not crazy about it. I think it upset my stomach or maybe something else upset my stomach which is rare. I prefer the stronger peanut butter taste. I think I need to find something that goes well with the almond butter. It isn't salt free rice cakes! :laugh:
    Have a good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Just finished Low Max Premix 2, think I like the first premix is the best. Yesterday I did STS Total Body. Saturday was a all day walking fest. DH and I went to a car show and swap meet, and when we got home my ankles and feet hurt way to much to do a workout.

Thelma, That premix sounds good, I'm not a huge fan of the discs, but can take them in small doses. I think that I have to put some furniture polish on the bottom of my discs to make them more slippery. Maybe then I will like them more. :wink: Take it easy, those kickboxing workouts will be there for you when you are healed. I put the almond butter in my protein smoothies.

Tami, Wow on that instructor, we have a lot of people like that at work that just never seem to be happy. Probably will not be happy at the next place that she goes to either. :wink: Cool, June sounds good for the next rotation. I will let you know how that KCM workout is. I think that I have it on my schedule for this week.

Laurel, Great workouts you did! I think that is where I figured out that I could use the tubing in place of the bands. I didn't want to use the blue or pink band, because I knew one was probably not possible, and the other wouldn't have done anything for all my effort. The tubing worked great, and I will do that option from now on. I even used it in STS Total Body, there was only one move (tricep), that I had to think about a little bit.

Have a great evening!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with High Reps, and I followed it with Afterburn Bonus Burn premix. Good stuff! Love adding Afterburn on after a strength training workout because it just gives that little extra burn to the muscles!

Tami, well, at least you know Running Camp is on for the next two weeks instead of showing up at the gym to find out!! Hope the next instructor can come up with something better. Glad you are enjoying some nice weather. Send it this way. :tongue: We are enjoying some very high winds and there are even some snow flakes floating around today. I keep telling myself 'Florida is 18 days away!!!' Sounds fantastic on a weather day like today. And I should be good for a mid-June start to the XT/STS/LIS rotation with you and Laurie!! DH and I are supposed to get back to Florida on June 17, so anytime after that is perfect for me!! I completely understand about your DH. I know mine doesn't want to hear much from me when it comes to eating or fitness, but sometimes I just know he would feel better if he just changed a couple of things. To be honest, I think he knows too....and maybe that is why he doesn't want to hear it from me. Good thing is this new job--just like the military--requires him to maintain some level of fitness/weight control. So that will help! Really hope your husband sees and enjoys the benefits.

Thelma, glad you found us!! Yes, the thread automatically changes out when it hits a certain number of posts, and that is what happened yesterday when I posted. Just popped up in a new thread!! Sounds like some great workouts the past few days. Glad to hear the drain system is working better but now a water heater?!? Yep, glad we stuck with renting for awhile. :wink: Turbo Barre is a great workout.....and tough! I wouldn't call it fun, necessarily. But I like it.

Laurie, I do the same thing now with tubing v bands. Just this morning in High Reps as a matter of fact, especially for the bicep curls. Just never, ever liked those with a band. Looking forward to (hopefully!) doing a rotation with you and Tami this summer!!!

Off to pack more boxes. :ohwell: See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So last night I went home and did Rockin Knockout with my weighted gloves! :wink: Felt great and it was perfect for the time I had. Today’s workout is going to be Insane-X! I didn’t get in my early a.m. workout :frown: It is absolutely gorgeous out today and high 60’s so I am sure we will be outside somewhere. Supposed to be nice the rest of the week! 76 on Friday :bigsmile: Heat wave for us :laugh: I'll take it!

Thelma: It’s scary when you can’t find the group isn’t it?!?! :wink: Yes when we reach 500 posts you have to start a new one. Great job with Tabatacise last night & your CrossFire and Spinning over the weekend. Still going strong every day! So awesome :drinker: The last I heard (Friday) she is leaving. I should know more tonight for the peeps that were at BootCamp last night. Maybe she said something. Darn it on not liking the Almond Butter :ohwell: It is a different taste than PB, but I like it. I don’t eat a lot of it but when I have it with a sliced apple or on toast or mixed into a protein shake sometimes on those days I’m needing some extra “good” fat cals. Yes, for DH it is kind of like a “New Years” resolution type commitment. Where it sounds good at the time, he knows he needs to do something about how he is feeling but has just been “too busy”. I tell him if he makes it an appt each day then he can do it. A couple of guys he does business with own the gym he said he is going to join and workout with them. They are not hard core by any means. They keep asking if I will join their gym …… nice of them to want me there/my business but for right now I can’t beat the classes I go to at the current gym I’m at.

Laurie: Awesome job with the workouts over the weekend! :smile: I saw your amazing calorie burn on STS Total Body. One of my favs for a total body workout :heart: I agree, maybe if I find out more about her leaving it will make more sense . . . but then again, just leaving after a lot of years of working there is just odd. Is it selfish that I am hoping we just have a good replacement!??! :blushing:

Laurel: Fabulous job today! :drinker: :bigsmile: I agree, AfterBurn always feels good after a strength workout. Just a good burn! Sounds perfect. Thanks for understanding on DH … I know I have talked about it before to you ladies and I was so excited last time. Truly he will never love fitness like I do (and I don't expect him too) but just being healthy is my hope for him and right now knowing he is tired and sore all the time from not being in shape makes me sad for him. I was telling my sister at Christmas that he will be old before his time if he keeps up this pace :sad: He worked hard physical labor for 23 years prior to what he does now and his body is paying the price; but I believe through movement you can work some of the “kinks” out a little bit. You are lucky with the military influence in your hubby’s new job he will still be required to “stay in shape” WOW only 18 more days until you are in the sunshine! :drinker: Have you found a place to rent then while you look for a house?
    Yay on the 3 of us do that XT/STS/LIS rotation together in June! Glad you’re up for it, but of course ….. no pressure :wink:

Hi Michelle & Erika :flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a great evening! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had PT tonight and it went well. Got yet another painful massage but if that what it takes to get better I'll suffer through it. I was telling Mark the therapist that when I use the foam roller to massage my legs I sort of put myself in a plank position on my elbows. That little weight I put on my elbows hurts the rotator cuff. So no weight bearing stuff for me yet. At least tonight I felt pretty good after all the exercises I have to do. I was hungry when I got home so I had dinner before my workout. Needless to say I didn't want to jump around after dinner so I jumped on the spinning bike.
    We're having a pretty rainy and raw week so far. I guess we'll be testing the new drain system again! Tomorrow I'm going to be training with the personal trainer.

Laurie, awesome workouts! I'm sure you burned a good number of Calories on Saturday by walking around the car show and swap meet!
    I really like those gliding disks. Do you use yours on carpet? I do and they glide very well. I didn't do the kickboxing workout. I'm not going to for now. I have to patient! I'm not big on protein shakes but DH is. I wonder if he would be willing to add almond butter to his? I think he just adds fruit.

Laurel, another amazing workout day for you! Does it feel surreal to know that you're moving in just 18 days? I know you're used to moving so this is probably not a big deal for you right?
    I couldn't understand how you figured out to start a new thread! Now I know how it happened. The drain system seems to be doing its intended purpose so far. More heavy rain tomorrow night and Thursday morning I heard. I'm sure the water tables are getting high by now with all the rain we've been getting. When you own a house the repair expenses never seem to end!
    I know those Barre workouts are not easy. Something else that looks easy but when you do it it's totally the opposite. There was something about the way Cathe is instructing this video that attracted me to it. I'm sure it will take me a long time get through some of those moves.

Tami, Awesome job on the Rockin Knockout workout! I'm sure your Insane-X class will be challenging just like you like it to be! I'm glad I was able to find the group too because I was freaking out last night. I almost sent you an email asking you
    I can't wait to hear what you find out tonight about the "unhappy" trainer! I think I may try the almond butter with an apple. I don't drink protein shakes but I'll definitely try it with bread instead of a rice cake. I always complete my fat allowance with peanut butter. I hope your husband gets inspired and starts working out soon. My husband lost about 8-10 lbs since the doctor told him he needed to lose it a couple of years ago. He maintains that weight off and he really doesn't workout. He used to play all kinds of sports but he doesn't anymore. His idea of a workout is running on the treadmill for a few minutes and then lifting some weights. He is VERY disciplined about what he eats and always gets on the diet kick with me. He doesn't really count calories but he learns from me about nutritional values.
    I can understand why you don't want to change gyms when you have such a good instructor now!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Woke up to an inch of snow on the ground. :grumble: I know I shouldn't be wishing for Florida right now because so much of the southeast has been slammed by horrible storms......but snow? Really? Anyhow, I got on with my workout as planned. I started with GS Legs and followed it with the core work from Muscle Max. For cardio, I did the IMAX Extreme workout from Cathe's Terminator DVD.

Tami, I just love Rockout Knockout!! Glad you enjoyed it. Much better than Running Camp!! Our weather is supposed to improve throughout the week, so I think you are sending those warm temps our way. We are supposed to be near 80 on Sunday! :noway: Like your husband, my DH is paying for some things he did when he was younger.....namely sports. And he knows that working out helps. He just can't seem to make it a priority as it is the first thing he will drop when time gets short. Almost opposite of me! But maybe joining the gym and having workout buddies there will help keep your DH motivated this time. We do have a house all rented now (effective May 15) and will be in it at least a year. That gives us a chance to get to know the area and figure out if we like it and whether DH likes his job. It looks like a great house and the landlady seems very nice, so we are excited about it.

Thelma, great job getting a workout in last night after therapy. You are amazing with how you are sticking with your workouts throughout this injury! :flowerforyou: It does seem a bit surreal to know my last night in this house is in two weeks. But, as you said, we are a bit used to this. I will say this, though......no matter how often we do it, it is never easy. It is often exciting, sometimes a little nerve-wracking. But it never get easy to say goodbye to people and places. And then there is the work of moving....:yawn: . I am definitely getting to old for this!! :laugh:

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s class did not disappoint and we even had Amy (the sub) again :wink: She is funny, she will say things that sound just like Amy & she mentions she is doing that on purpose so we don't miss her :laugh: The weather was perfect to be out there. Just the hard pavement and rocks were a deterrant but I battled through :wink: This a.m. was Supercuts and tonight I am headed to my bosses house for a BBQ. She has invited a few of us over because our old manager who left a few months ago is in town. So we will get to see her and enjoy a nice BBQ/sunshine on her deck.

Thelma: Hopefully your painful massage is one of those that “hurts so good” when it is all said and done. Great job with the Spin!!! I ditto Laurel’s comment about nice work staying with the workouts despite your injury. :drinker: Do what you can do. So awesome! Here’s hoping the home repairs on the new drain system are working with your rain! Fingers & toes crossed for you guys. :smile: That is no fun. That’s funny you say that about almost e-mailing me …. I nearly sent you a message to tell you and then I was interrupted. DH lost like 30 lbs a couple years ago just from dieting but he went so hard core it wasn’t a good experience for him; hence once he stopped the diet he gained the weight back. :ohwell: When we first met he was very active and we played softball together in the spring/summer, etc. Once he stopped playing softball he also stopped his physical labor job and his lifestyle changed. Again, don’t get me wrong …. If he is happy that is what I care about ~ but when he is sore and tired because he played golf or worked in the garage it makes me sad for him. I know he doesn’t feel good a lot of the time so just hope he makes the change. He is super busy right now and then heading into his summer season of fishing (guiding fishing trips part time) so not sure when it will happen. I wasn’t able to talk to anyone last night about the trainer …. It’s supposed to be a secret so there were too many people around for me to ask those that are in “the know” I'll keep you guys posted.

Laurel: What?!?!?! SNOW :noway: :grumble: I’ll stop carrying on about the BBQ I’m going to tonight and sitting in the sun. Sheesh. Sorry to hear that. Yikes! You had some serious energy this a.m. :huh: :drinker: maybe the snow was a good thing! I’ll still send you some sunshine. IMAX Xtreme is not a walk in the park by any means. Way to WORK lady. Yes, RK was a way better fit than Running Camp. Your rental situation sounds perfect! Get a feel for the area and where you want to be before you buy! So great.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday, went to my dd's track meet. Again it was cold, but this time we had the added bonus of rain. :ohwell: But it was well worth sitting there until the bitter end, because dd pulled her team up to second place in the 4x400. The first girl had them in last place! The other two had them at a distant 4th, and it was amazing to see dd pass these girls to get the second. Got home around 8:30, ate and then hit the hay. Being in that cold and wet really wears you out. Anyway today I did Bob Harpers Inside Out Method Pure Burn Super Strength, and then I added on the Extended Stretch from STS. Feeling it in my shoulders right now. He really works those in this workout.

Laurel, Well I don't feel so bad, at least we didn't have snow. :wink: I don't blame you for wishing for Florida, it you have to wake up to the white stuff. Great workouts, and you did my favorite ab work of Cathe's. That ab work in MM is great. Always feel the burn when I'm done. :drinker: I'm looking forward to June. :drinker:

Tami, I'm still waiting for the chance to do some sitting outside, or even getting into my garden. Hope you have a great time at the BBQ. I'm looking forward to trying the Rockout Knockout workout. I keep looking at all my new workouts, and wanting to try them all. :laugh: I have given up on my DH, exercise is a four letter word to him. So he will never do anything besides walking and yard work. :wink:

Thelma, Hope that your drain system holds up to the rain. Glad to hear that the PT work is going well. Ya, jumping around on a full stomach isn't a good time. :wink: I do use my discs on carpet, but they don't seem to slide as well as I think that they should. They just seem to stick a little to much. Your DH probably wouldn't even notice the almond butter in the shake, I know that I don't. :laugh: Just gives it a little more flavor.

Well it is getting late, so have a great evening!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I trained with the trainer today. My shoulders feel pretty good today which is great for the day after physical therapy and the shoulder strengthening exercises. I do have bruises on the back of my right arm where I got the deep tissue massage.

Laurel, I can't believe you got snow last night!. Pretty soon you'll be wishing for a little cold weather because FL is too hot! LOL
    Killer workouts today! WOW!
    Thanks so much on your comments about my workouts. I can't believe I've stuck to my workouts even when I have this injury.
    Moving is never easy and this time you are doing it yourselves. I'm sure saying goodbye to your friends is really hard too.

Tami, I saw your calorie burn from last night and I knew it had been an awesome Insane-X class. I of course thought Katy was the instructor but it was Amy! It's good that you're going to have two awesome instructors! Amy has a good sense of humor and she knows how much you guys love Katy's classes.
    Great workout on your schedule for today. I hope you enjoy the BBQ and seeing your old boss too! I am jealous of the nice weather you're having. We've been in this rainy mode since yesterday and thankfully no water in the basement. The real test will be the heavy rains we'll get tonight and tomorrow.
    The deep tissue massage is not the type that "hurts so good". It's more like it "hurts so bad" and I have the bruises and tenderness in the area to prove it! LOL
    Thank you also on your comments about me sticking to my workouts.
    I know how hard it is when you lose weight and then gain it back so I understand what your DH must feel like. I really hope joining the gym with his buddies keeps him inspired. The hardest part is getting going with a program. It takes a couple of months to see results but for guys it's much easier so it would be easier for him to get hooked on a fitness program.
    How cool about the part time guided fishing trips job he has! Do you fish too? I've never done and not sure I could touch the worms but it looks like fun. We watch people fish a couple of years ago when we went to the FL Keys.
    Looking forward to finding out the scoop on that trainer!
    The gym's owner has a new weight loss challenge which seems pretty unrealistic. Our town is going to celebrate its 375 anniversary and he is challenging people to collectively lose 375 between now and September 4! This is after we've lost all this weight! I don't think I'm going to participate because I don't know if I'm going to buy more sessions yet and I'm running out. I know I'm going to gain weight in June when we go away too. I heard the new gym is going to open in the summer but I've also read a lot of not so good reviews about their "hidden' fees and I'm getting concerned about that. Another bad thing I read is that their over the phone customer service is pretty useless and not helpful when people call to find out why they're being charged extra fees. So much to think about!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

It has been a brutal 25 days of wake, get the girls dressed and fed, work 12hrs, sleep, wake, Groundhog day all over again.:yawn: My break came last weekend when we drove to Santa Rosa Beach to meet my girlfriend from Texas who came in for a beach wedding. Some great Italian food, wine and tons of laughter was the perfect way to end the weekend but exhaustion was nipping at my heels and soon it was time to drive home and prepare for another brutal week.:frown: On Tuesday we were hit by those dreadful storms and schools closed but even with the lightning and power outage I was able to finish the project Tuesday night. The truth of the matter is that I was so exhausted I slept in on Wednesday and hubby handled everything while I slumbered away until noon. I woke up groggy, slightly refreshed and then jumped into organizing boxes in the garage and packing away packages, clothes, laundry, etc I'm still feeling drained and way to tired to contemplate any workout so I may use this week to just breathe and yell at the girls since even that has been on pause.:laugh: I'm hoping that my knee will get back on track as I really want to do a rotation with Michelle Dozois & Kelly Coffey Meyer/Bob Harper this month but no matter what I will definitely invest in a good knee brace.

Thelma- Deep tissue is really painful but effective especially if you are suffering from major DOMS. Sometimes I wonder why pay for such a painful process when a Swedish is so great.:bigsmile:

Laurel- Are you moving to Northern Florida and when is your ETA?

Laurie- Bob does work the upper really hard but I like his style of training and really need to open up some of those dvds I picked up last year at bargain prices.:bigsmile: What rotation are you doing or are you just enjoying different dvds?

Tami- I thought about Rockin Knockout this morning as it is such a great dvd without the dread factor but after my 1st cup of coffee I realized that mentally and physically I was not ready to expend any energy this morning.:blushing: Tami, this weekend I tried some jalapeno & cilantro hummus after the little one's Greek Banquet and I'm sure you have a delish and simple recipe so that I can make my own. Also how long does it last in the refrigerator and do you only use it as a dip?

Ok off to grab some Fage yogurt and strawberries.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Had a tough workout this morning. It started with doing GS Chest and Triceps followed by GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps. These workouts are really tough back-to-back, and my arms still feel the fatigue. Of course....I love that. :blushing: I finished it up with Intensity including the Bootcamp portion. Good stuff!

Tami, hope you enjoyed your BBQ. We are sunny today at least! :drinker: And headed to warmer weather here by the weekend. So glad! Glad you enjoyed Amy's class. Sounds like she is a perfect sub for Katy when Katy isn't available.

Thelma, glad your shoulder was feeling better yesterday. I hope that continues. Don't be worried about your trip in June. Given your current fitness level, any weight you gain will be temporary. So enjoy!!

Laurie, I agree about that Muscle Max Ab work. That one, Muscle Endurance Abs, and Pyramid Upper Body Abs are some of Cathe's best, though I really do enjoy her Ab work in the last two series she did. Congrats to your DD for helping her team out so well!!

Michelle, I have been wondering how you are weathering the storms. I must admit I am a tad leery that we are traveling through all these areas in a couple of weeks with all our belongings in tow. :ohwell: We are moving to Satellite Beach, Florida (actually we will be living in Rockledge) which is down by Orlando. Further south in the state than we wanted as we would have preferred the panhandle, but we have heard great things about it. I will be there in just over two weeks actually. :noway: Both DH and I will be there mid-June. Hope you get some energy back soon!

I won't be able to check-in tomorrow so I hope you all enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ The BBQ was great and it was nice to see our old manager. I miss her being here :frown: Always amazing to me that every person that has left our office is completely relaxed when you see them again. It was a very relaxing night though and we did sit out on her deck, then she turned on an outside heater when it got too cold. Today’s workout(s) are Insane-Abs and Insane-X, both with Katy! :smile: We will be outside tonight., antoher sunny day . . . but its supposed to change. Which is normal for us:frown:

Laurie: That is so great about your DDs track meet! :drinker: Yahoo for her. I bet that was worth siting through that weather. Great job on BH Pure Burn Super Strength workout! What a burn – it’s been such a long time since Ive done one of his. Always :heart: him. I did find out yesterday that I’ll be going to LA the weekend of June 21st , I will be there probably the 18 – 22; so if you and Laurel don’t mind we could start our rotation the 23rd :flowerforyou: Or I can catch up to you guys if you start that week. :wink: I’m glad you shared that about your hubby with me …… I’m not the only one then. :ohwell: :laugh:

Thelma: OK youch on the deep tissue massage then. A lady I work with was having that done on her shoulder now that you mention it and she looked like someone beat her up with a blunt object! :huh: Yikes. Painful and not a hurt so good – but she got better and is back to normal now. Thanks for the kudos on Insane-X, yes Amy did a good job. She’s a cute gal and very quiet so when she uses her tough voice we all kind of laugh. Thanks for your understanding/thoughts on DH, it is a tough situation for me. I can’t push but I want him to feel good. Yes, it is a really awesome thing that he has a second job with fishing. It provides a little extra income to help pay for what he truly loves to do. I don’t fish very often :blushing: I go with him once or twice in the summer and then during his fall fishing I go for a weekend. He actually doesn’t use worms, its bait (small sardines) or he uses these lures that you wrap with a sardine or stuff with tuna fish. SO Gross! I am not asked to help with that process. Thankfully. I always post a picture for you ladies when I catch them so this July hopefully I will have a new one to show you. It’s really fun, but I don’t have the desire to go a whole lot. It can be long days out there on the water.
    Sounds like an awesome challenge they are putting together at the gym but if youre just not feeling it there I understand you wanting to leave. Hopefully if you can get the “fine print” details worked out with the other place that could be a good place to go.

Michelle: It does sound like you have been living “Groundhog Day” forsure! :noway: Sounds like your weekend break was much needed. That is great & it sounds like the food was fabulous.
    Take the time you need for some down time. :wink: Sounds like you need it lady. Michelle, Kelly & Bob will all be waiting for you when youre ready! Along with your new knee brace of course.
    Yum on the Hummus! Ive never made Jalapeno& Cilantro Hummus but a standard base recipe for Hummus is:
    Place about 4 cups of drained chickpeas in a food processor along with:

1/2 c olive oil, 2 t salt , 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 c Sesame Tahini, Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
    You could add in a fresh jalapeno and a bundle of cilantro to taste. I bet it would be good.
    I typically store mine in the fridge up to 5 days. :smile:

Laurel: Another WOW moment!!:noway: That was some serious time in the workout room. Way to go! :drinker: I would imagine a combo of a little anx and a little “get in them in while I can”. You are doing amazing and I bet they feel great! Good luck with your weekend and we will talk to you Monday! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, almost Friday!!! I had PT today and this time Ian the guy from last Thursday worked on me. I love this guy. He really gets into those mega tight spots I have. Must be something like scar tissue. He kneads into them until he breaks them down. Even his fingers were killing him today after he was done with me. It hurt like hell but I took it. He couldn't believe my bruises and asked how I got them and when I told him it was Mark he couldn't believe it! LOL I just said Mark gave a nice deep tissue massage! :laugh:
    I was starving when I got home so I had dinner before my workout which left me doing the spinning bike again but that is a good workout.
    I lost 1.4 lbs this week! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the number on the scale! It seems that now I'm losing weight every other week. As of today I've lost 17.7 lbs since I started this journey back in January. I'm so happy and proud! :bigsmile: I have to thank you ladies for always being here cheering me on. Thank you!! :flowerforyou:
    OMG! I almost forgot to tell you the other great news! The drained system WORKED!!! It rained like crazy last since last night into mid morning today and we didn't have any water in the basement! THANK GOD!

Laurie, how exciting about your DD getting her team to second place! :drinker: Bob Harper? The Biggest Loser trainer? I bought some of those early BL workouts and hated them so I never thought about buying anything else by him. I did buy of Jill's Revolution workout but I didn't really like it. I was hoping my Cathe Barre workout would've arrived today but it didn't. I want to do it as soon as it gets here!
    I forgot to tell DH about the idea to add almond butter to shakes! I can't believe your disks don't slide properly Laurie. Mine work just fine.

Michelle, how good to hear from you. My goodness you really have been busy woman! Groundhog day is right! Good idea to allow yourself time to rest. You're too tired to be working out right now. Great idea to get a knee brace Michelle!
    My problem is not DOMS at this point. since I'm not exercising the upper body for exercise. I with it could be as easy as just getting a nice Swedish massage but I need other things like electric muscle stimulation, appropriate strengthening exercises and do's and don'ts for my inujury.

Laurel, WOW!!! That is a killer workout!!:drinker: Good for you!
    I sort of hurt my shoulder this morning. went to the basement to checkout the water situation and wanted to see under the floor under the spinning bike. I had to move the bike to be able to lift the carpet and decided to tilt the bike toward me in order to lift up the carpet. That was a BIG mistake as I pulled the bike with my left hand which is the bad shoulder side too. I right away felt the injury comeback. I iced and try to make sure my shoulders blades were down as opposed to always up which make my shoulders sort of point forward. I got better as the day went on which is a good thing. I just didn't think about what I was doing! :mad:

Tami, killer Insane workouts today! I'm sure the outdoor class today will feel better with the warmer weather. I'm glad you had a great time at the BBQ! So your ex co-workers were all relaxed. Makes you wonder why you're still at the old job right? That is how I'm feeling about my job too. Today one of the problem children I'm leading basically told me that she doesn't report to me and I'm not her boss. I was pissed but I had to contain myself as I am the lead! She is sort of new to our team and everybody hates her because of the type of rude and unprofessional responses she comes up with. What she doesn't know is that as the team lead I represent our boss and that my input counts at review time :bigsmile: If it weren't so hard to get a new job I'd be looking. Of course now I have all this vacation time which I would hate to give up.

I think I'll have matching bruises on my left arm tomorrow. The bruises from Tuesday are on my right arm. It hurts like hell when they're doing the deep massage but I'll do whatever it takes to get better.
    You're so lucky to have such good instructors at your gym. I really don't know what to do about working out with the personal trainer or if I should wait to see what the new gym is like.
    No problem about your DH. Of course no matter how much you want to give advice you can't do it because it might make him uncomfortable. Maybe you should go checkout the new with your husband!
    Oh I've seen those rubbery lure thingies! I don't know if could be out there in the water all fishing all day. At least you know how to fish and go with him from time to time. You're lucky he doesn't ask you to help with do the bait part! GROSS! Can't wait to see the pictures of your catch!
    The challenge at the gym is a good one. I don't think they have enough clients to lose all that weight. I'm not sure if I'm up for the challenge now.

Have a good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Another evening and I'm by myself. DH and oldest dd are working, and youngest is at a track meet. :wink: Didn't workout yesterday because I had to go to a funeral. Just finished up with Bob Harpers Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation, and Ruthless #6 Ruthless Ringside. I don't know why Bob calls that workout a beginner's, it would probably kill someone that has never worked out before. :laugh:

Michelle, I hope things start to slow down a bit for you. Glad to hear that you have weathered the storms, I was thinking of you through the whole thing. I was of the same mind with doing some KCM/Michelle/Bob. They all have workouts that are quite similar. I will do the majority of Bob, slip in some of Michelle's cardio. Then do a couple of weeks of KCM workouts.

Laurel, Some great workouts you have gotten in all week. I'm hoping for some warmth this weekend, it sure would be nice to see some sunshine after all this rain we have been getting. Enjoy your weekend.

Tami, You are getting some awesome burns in also. The 23rd sounds good, and I can get in some workouts that I have not done in a while before that time. Bob is deceptive on how hard he works you. I really feel his workouts in my shoulders and core when I'm done. I think it will be fun to run through all the BH workouts that I have, some of them I have not tried yet. I have not gotten his newest ones, should probably ask my SIL since she has them.

Thelma, Congrats on the weight loss! That is great. And wonderful news on the drain working, it is never fun to have rain water coming into your basement. Yep the same Bob Harper. I actually like his workouts and Jillian's too. They put out some tough but fun (to me :laugh: ) workouts. Hope that Barre workouts shows up soon. Now those are workouts that I probably wouldn't enjoy. :wink: I think it might be the type of carpet I have that makes the discs stick to the rug, I'm going to try the polish, just see if it give a little more movement for me.

Have a great weekend ladies,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well the Insane-X class outside was interesting! It was perfect weather but there was a new hatchery of big black ants …:noway: . So everytime we were down in plank or burpees, etc. there they were. Made me feel like I needed a shower even more when I was done. But a good workout for our little group of 6. :bigsmile: This a.m. was XT Bi’s/Tris + 100 Rep Challenge for each! No Spinning tonight. The instructor that may or may not be leaving is teaching . . . and I just “can’t” go for the leisurely bike ride on this last sunny evening. :ohwell: I’ll make it up in the a.m.:wink:

Thelma: Sounds like your PT appt went great! :smile: Nice job getting in your Spin workout when you got home. I saw that you lost 1.4 lbs this week! That is FABULOUS - congratulations!!! We are always here for you friend! It’s exciting to hear about your progress. Yay on the drain system working too. :drinker: IT’s a great week. Yes, it does always make me wonder about my environment when I see others all relaxed forsure. Thanks for understanding.

Laurie: Great job with the workout combo! :bigsmile: That’s pretty funny about the “beginner” workout comment. :laugh: Not good if you had never worked out and then did that forsure sounds like. I don’t have his newest workouts either but the 3 or 4 that I have are good. Thanks for the kudos on the workout burns! Feels good. :drinker: YAY! I’m glad that date will work for you too then.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend ~ :flowerforyou: Talk to you Monday! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!!!! :drinker:
    I worked out really late tonight but I did it! There was no way I was going to skip my workout. It was about 8:20PM when I started working out but I did it! :bigsmile: The area where I got the deep tissue massage today is very sore and sensitive to the touch. OUCH!

Tami, Great arm workout this morning! I bet that small Insane-X class was really good. Too bad about the ants! I don't blame you for not going to the spinning class tonight.

PT is really, really good. Can you believe I lost 1.4 lbs? I'm so happy with the new drain system!

Laurie, sounds like you did some awesome workouts today. I"m going to have to check out Bob's workouts. I think the workouts I have are the ones they do with the Biggest Loser contestants and they are pretty lame workouts. I think the part that I don't like about Jill's workouts is that she talks too much instead of doing the workout herself.
    If you'd ever watched the BL show you'll wonder too who is it that they haven't killed a contestant with they first get to the ranch from the killer workouts they have them do.
    Thanks on your comment about the weight loss! No Barre workout yet! I hope you get those disks gliding better for you soon!

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Well it has been a quiet weekend for us as we had the formal ball on Friday and then my little one came down with an earache which then transferred to the second ear the next day.:frown: TG for late night stores although my home remedy of garlic oil with a hot compress worked and within 20 minutes she was fast asleep.:love: Beyond that we had a great time at the ball and I was able to greet all of the ladies and admire their unique and beautiful gowns. It was also a theme event, Mardi Gras so I was delighted to have an original Mardi Gras mask from years ago to wear. I did have a few picture requests from wives and I did hear the whispered Facebook so I'm hoping that my picture is not circulating on the net.:huh: :bigsmile: This weekend and this morning I have been working in the garden in the front while hubby has tackled the back yard. I'm hoping to get to lowes for some flowers so that I can bring some color back to my sitting area as some of my beauties did not survive the cold weather.

Thelma- Great job on the weight loss! Bob's workouts are very tough and sweaty and definitely relies on weight training to create a cardio effect while taking you to failure. Although he can get very brutal at times, I love his style and will usual push through to finish the set.:bigsmile:

Laurie- I'm thinking of KCM for weights mixed with the occasional Bob but rely on MD for the cardio. My knee is still in pain so it is really difficult to find a moderate cardio dvd that does not require any crazy jumping, burpees, or extensive kicking. I may have to resort to walking with hubby in the morning until my knee is stronger.

Laurel- yes, you are definitely further south than Orlando but close to Melbourne & Cocoa Beach for some great beaches. I'm sure its a small community but at least you are not in the busier cities further south. Hopefully 95 will not be your main source of transport as that can be a pain on the eastern port of Florida. Right now the temps are toasty so you may need to rely on the AC more than ever. The beautiful thing is no more brutal winters unless you opt to travel to your family when you need to see some snow in the future.:laugh:

Tami- Thanks for the recipe!:bigsmile: Sorry to hear about the missed class as I know how that affects my motivation after losing my fave instructor and missing this entire year due to not enjoying the new trainers and how they have redesigned the class. TG for my mass dvd collection. :blushing:

Have a great day ladies. I'm off to the Caverns on a fieldtrip with hubby tomorrow, our date as chaperoning parents and it is 1.5 hours away so we will basically spend an entire day with the school. :ohwell: :wink:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a very busy weekend but made some good progress on the house. I would say we are 75% packed up right now! which is really good. We have decided to get our truck early to give us more time to load it as I think we won't need the time to pack. So starting next Sunday, our things will begin their journey on to a truck! :noway:

Saturday was my usual 'rest' day from workouts, and yesterday I started in with STS. I actually did Plyo Legs from Meso 3 yesterday, and followed it with Insanity's Plyo Cardio Circuit. For a 90 minute workout, that sure packed a punch. :laugh: Today was STS Disk 1/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I felt SO good on it today....even went up in weight in some areas. :drinker: I followed it with the Ultra Cardio Blast premix from Drill Max and finished it all off with No Equipment Abs from STS Abs Circuits. Good stuff.

Tami, so glad you enjoyed your BBQ last week! But working out with ants doesn't sound good at all!! No doubt you felt 'itchy' after that. June 23 works fine with me. Hope you enjoy your time in LA. Are you visiting your sister? You are right about my workouts--I am trying to get good ones in while I can because no matter how tough packing is.....unpacking is harder. So my body can take it now whereas in two weeks.....may be a different story altogether. :yawn:

Laurie, glad you are enjoying Bob's workouts right now. I still love his yoga workout more than most. Sadly, I just haven't been doing any yoga lately. :blushing:

Thelma, hope you didn't hurt your shoulder too much moving that bike!! Great job getting your workouts in despite your hectic schedule. And congrats on the weight loss!! :drinker: Nearly 18lbs since January is amazing. It is doubly amazing since you have been fighting an injury for weeks now. Huge kudos for you!! :flowerforyou:

Michelle, glad you enjoyed your ball! It sounds fun with a Mardi Gras theme. I love your new photo. Was that taken that night? So pretty! Thanks for the input on Florida. We have heard from a few people now that there is a real small town feel to the area, and I like that. It is made better by being within an hour of a biggish city (Orlando). Kind of reminds me of our current situation. DH will be taking the 1 instead of the 95 to get to work, so, hopefully it won't be too bad. We have opted not to live on the islands at his point which adds to his commute. But as much as I loved living on the ocean when we were in LA, I also didn't love it for a number of reasons. So we are going to try mainland, but if the commute is too bad, we can always go 'beachside'. One of the many benefits of renting for now!

Well, enough work avoidance. :blushing: See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Nice weekend of workouts for me! :bigsmile: Saturday I did STS Total Body and took the dogs for a walk. Yesterday was Tri-Sets all Upper Body + Cardio Core Circuit. Today was going to be BootCamp (since it is pouring rain) but I am still at work. :frown: Helping my hubby with the Special Olympics fund raiser again this year and they need about 40 flyers made for the silent and live auctions. So trying to get a good dent in those ~ the event is Thursday evening. As "events" go, things come down to the last minute no matter how much you try to be ahead of the game.

Thelma: Great job getting in your workout on Friday, despite the late hour! :wink: You got it done. Looked like you got in your workouts over the weekend too nice job! :smile: I don’t know the details yet, but the one Mon/Fri trainer has left. I’ll know something tomorrow when I am there. I just received an e-mail today from one of the gym peeps.

Michelle: Love the new pic! You look gorgeous :wink: Sounds like the ball was a lot of fun and you had a nice weekend with your family and gardening! Perfect. You’re welcome on the recipe. Yes, I did find out today that the Monday & Friday instructor has officially left. So hopefully her replacement will be Katy or someone on that same wave length!

Laurel: Great work getting the house nearly all done! :drinker: WOW. That must feel good and a bit like “where’s my stuff???” What a workout combo you did yesterday, Yowsa! :noway: :smile: Your legs must have been feeling it forsure in your legs. Today sounds equally as tough! Nice workouts lady!

Hope you all have a good evening ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami