Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    getitamb - welcome Amber! Did you have an OK start on Friday? It doesn't matter as long as you are making an effort! Whatever efforts you've done so far are great! :bigsmile: That 30 day shred does take off the inches, so a two piece is very doable! Best advice I can give you is to log your food and drink your water and come back here often!

Susan - I love reading your posts, you say such wise and sage things. It tells me you observe and study people and maybe thats why your such a success in business, you get right to the core of an issue. Well enough compliments, don't want to swell your head and put on any weight! :laugh:
    Your clean eating sounds very successful. Have fun on that ferris wheel. I was stuck at the top of one for 45 min or so once, but I was seated between my husband and brother so it wasn't so scary or boring either! Bet that was 30 years ago at least!

Tom -lousy news about the Passport. I was rejected for my Birth Certificate too but then they accepted my Certificate of Live Birth (yeah, I know, they are 2 different documents but I did have both fortunately!) maybe that would help you? Anyway I hope things work out for you. They sure are expensive now too! Hope youre going someplace with a beach !

Jeanettie - great goal for May - am so happy that Brian enjoys walking with you - lucky woman. I hope your job prospects work out for you this year - this SHOULD be your year!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

t i h - oh the pain of waiting on a BID!! EEEK!!!! I am with you waitng on that phone call or meeting!!!:bigsmile: Keeping all my fingers crossed too. I do believe it all works out in the end. Enjoy the Parade of Homes in the meantime. That is always so over the top it makes me thankful for what I do have!

Mel - I hate to hear your having a tough time with your health 0f course thats going to affect your eating habits. Take care of your health issues FIRST! :love: BIG HUGS your way!!! I am sending prayers your way.

Damensha - I love cheese too - and Farmers Markets - except I wish I could convince them to have them in the early evening instead of the early am. I understand they need to show their crops when they are at their freshest, but I'm just not a morning person anymore! It sounds like you had a blast!

Kaye - waffles, stir fry and 6.5 miles - sounds like a great trade-off! I'm so impressed. The weather here yesterday was perfect too!

KarenLeona - so glad to see you and your bicycle!

Laurie - I'm glad you're enjoying the Masters Swim Class and are considering participating in a Swim Meet. I think you'll find them as exciting as a Race! Back when I was a teen, I swam on a team and loved it and so enjoyed it when there was a Swim Meet. Tons of anticipation before, getting pumped up, hearing the starters pistol go off, and then the race itself. Or, swimming in a 4 man relay where your dependent on all of your mates too. It does sound like it would match your competitive spirit.
    I hope you sleep without the alarm going off and have a great race today!

Hansea - yesterday was a beautiful day for me too - glad you were able to get out and enjoy it. I'm sure the kids were impressed with the bird and falconry display. I stumbled upon one one day and found it very fascinating. I saw huge owls, I hadn't realized how big they could be! :noway: And a BIG WOOT on your weight loss and getting back to your pre-Easter weight!!!!

LAURIE - WOWSERS! I LOVE TEACHERS - Has anyone told you how brilliant you are lately??? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chart you made with the various comparisons. I loved it so much I've copied and saved it so we can use it again next year or maybe in 3 months or whenever the group wants to use it again!

Tanya - isn't losing a post frustrating? Hey, great runs you are doing - congratulations. Have a good time shoe shopping and I hope success in finding the right shoe. Sometimes thats hard to do in a smaller city like where I live! :wink:

L2T - your going strong for the month - thats great. Don't worry about not being able to convert to miles. Maybe someone can figure it out for you by the time or duration involved?

AFM - Enjoying my weekend so much. :Yesterday I would have to call a perfect weather day - a top ten day. 78 degrees a cooling breeze, spent half the day at the Renaissance Fair, (first time I've ever been and got to cross something off my bucket list) and the rest of the day sitting on the porch listening to some small children play and giggle while we just soaked in the sun and slowly turned slightly pink by sunset. Just wonderful. Today will be more beautiful weather, happy sigh.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Good morning.:smile:

I am trying to get a birth certificate for the new passport. It is for work so I do not really know where they will be sending me. I hope I get a new BC soon.

Laurie hope your 5k goes well!:drinker:

Susan how was the High Roller?

69855d4475a74754a7eb500a2ad31406_zps7547be04.jpg
    They made the pods right next to where I work

a0ad28fa7aeb4848aed9f20d7dc3e905_zps242fc58c.jpg

503_zpscd9622bc.jpg

“Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi Guys! :flowerforyou:

Oh my--I missed one day and ended up 2 days behind on the thread. :noway: Just caught up on posts, but no time for personals right now.

Friday Fitness:
    No gym on Friday--not even a walk with gunner. :blushing: After work, I met my friend (the one going through chemo for breast cancer) for dinner and drinks. I chose a spinach salad with chicken breast. It was a good choice, but I was still over calories from cocktails and soft pretzel sticks we had for an appetizer. Not sweating it b/c I am just tracking in my notes and will make up for the overage. However, I've been doing okay with fitness though it's been difficult to balance with all of the grading.

I've decided to shoot for about 20 miles/ week or 80 miles for the May Challenge. I figure if I walk gunner 2 miles everyday, that's 14 miles/week. A gym visit usually includes about 3 miles of some form of cardio, so this means I need to average 2 gym visits/week to meet the goal. I am going to count walking, running, elliptical, and arc trainer as straight miles. If I cycle, I will count it as half the miles. I know 2 days at the gym doesn't sound like much of a challenge, but I have a really busy month with a lot of meetings and grading, so I think it's a realistic goal for me.

Saturday Success:
    Did the glow run last night with my MFP friend, Brian. I traveled downtown with a group of friends from work who were doing it as well. Brian and I walked it together and I think we kept a decent pace. His HRM said 56 minutes and my cell phone stopwatch was just under that. It was hard to start fast b/c there were so many people, and there were a few points in the race where we got held up by the crowds. I think our pace for the majority of the walk was about 4 mph though which is better than the 2 previous walks we've done together. Regardless, we had a lot of fun and the weather was perfect. :happy:

I also walked gunner in the afternoon and walked the mile and a half from the train station (which I just realized I forgot to log). I was originally thinking I would go to the gym today, but I really need to focus on getting my AP papers graded--my students take their exam on Thursday, so they need the feedback before that.

I will try to get back for some personals later, but I really need to get out of the house and get going.

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles
    5/1= 3.5 miles
    5/2= 0 miles
    5/3= 5 miles
    5/4= x miles
    5/5=x miles

Grading Goals:
    1. x/16 AP analysis activities
    2. 3/3 classes worth of Siddhartha journals DONE
    3. 10/52 Hemingway short story annotations/questions
    4. 10/70 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + Glo Run 5k DONE
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Just posting to keep up with my goals......

May Exercise Goals: Exercise class or walking minimum 3 miles (22/31days)

So far: 4/31

5/1 - Exercise Class
    5/2 - 5 miles
    5/3 - 3 miles
    5/4 - 3 miles

Total Miles - 11
    Total Classes - 1
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Laurie- I like the milestone incentives!

L2T- When we do our summer mileage challenge at work, they always let us count any aerobic exercise. Each 20 minute segment of aerobic exercise (classes, biking, swimming) counts as 1 mile.

Another beautiful day here! I could get used to this. :bigsmile: My husband had to be to church early today to sell raffle tickets between Masses. So, the kids and I walked to church. Afterwards, my daughter elected to walk home with me while brother and Dad went in the car to pick up some paint for decorating the birdhouses they built yesterday afternoon. A nice easy pace where we could watch and enjoy the songbirds and squirrels. We saw a robin pulling up an earthworm, too.

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles
    5/1: 2.83 miles completed!
    5/2: Rest Day
    5/3: 4.52 miles completed!
    5/4: 2.64 miles completed!

Under calories: 2/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 3/31
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Just a quick grading break. My brain hurts from reading essays. Walked gunner, but I'm not gonna post mileage yet b/c we may go for another when I get home. Spoiled dog! :laugh:

5/1= 3.5 miles
    5/2= 0 miles
    5/3= 5 miles
    5/4= x miles
    5/5=x miles

Grading Goals:
    4. 15/70 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Happy Sunday Everyone!

I hope that everyone’s weather is bright and breezy like mine has been today! We’re supposed to hit 84 Degrees today. Unfortunately I’ll be missing it because of napping this afternoon for my 12 hour night shift tonight. Three more to go and it’s time for my monthly 8 day stretch off along with a visit to Mama’s! Woot! This morning we got a visit from the Insurance adjuster. Looks like we will be getting the roof patched instead of getting a new one. I honestly don’t care as long as the hole up there is gone! LOL! At least he was able to give us a check for enough to get that done. That takes so much stress off me! Whew!

@ Laurie – With all this fantastic swimming you’re doing I just want to know if you are growing gills??? Keep on Rocking that pool time! Woot! I hope you got some good sleep last night before your 5k today! How’d it go? I hope I’m posting my mileage better for you now. That’s a lot to take on with everything you already have on your plate. THANK YOU!!!!!

@ Hansea – Who moves Bio Bins?!?! LOL! Yesterday must have been “go to the zoo” day! Lots of folks from my FB feed went yesterday too! We've got some new baby animals that everyone is on pins and needles waiting for them to be brought out to meet the public.

@ Skinnyjeans – Last night for dinner I made the turkey Italian sausages with peppers, onions, mushrooms & asparagus… It was SO Good that I cooked enough for my lunch today and for Hubby’s dinner tonight! Thanks for the idea! I want to try the Quinoa with goat cheese too! Maybe I’ll make it on Wednesday for dinner. It sounds like you had a great time at the Glow Run!

@ Robin – Oh I Love Renaissance Fairs! I've only been able to attend one locally, but I do want to go to more! Sounds like your day was Fabulous!

Sunday Share:
    I’m Jenn from Alabama and have been on the thread for nearly two months now. Wow! I didn’t realize it had been that long! Woot! Anyhoo, I live with my DH of 17 years (at the end of June) and three crazy cats. I’m a bit of a geek when it comes to Zombies, Vampires, LOTR, GoT, Doctor Who and all things Potter. I also have a huge love of all things crafty, especially the PaperStickyFoldyStuff! I’m an OB nurse to fund all my loves. LOL!

Y’all have a Great Evening!
    :flowerforyou: Jenn :flowerforyou:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    5/1 – 0.28 miles (FitBit) – Lazy day!
    5/2 – 2.80 miles (6686 steps / 2 mile LS)
    5/3 – 3.7 miles (8877 steps / 2 miles LS)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    May Mileage Goals:
    2 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    4 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week
    X / 12 - Days with 10,000 steps or more (Work Days)
    6.78 / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit + Extra)
  • leah_e_84
    leah_e_84 Posts: 2 Member
    I too have about 100 poounds to lose! This is the heaviest I have been & I don't have many others currently to partner up with in my life who has a lot of weight to lose! Looking for some additional support on MFP! I'm 5'10 and in teh 290's. I'm a busy social worker and I HAVE got to start focusing on me more. ;) I find inspiration in others and their weight loss journey, since I have always been a yo yo dieter. Several years ago I had lost 40 pounds and was running several days in the week- (around 220). That's the lowest I have been in my adult life. I'll be 30 this year and like I said need to turn the shift back on me and my health. I've got the information and apps to help do the couch25k which I plan on doing the first day this evening. Wish me luck and feel free to add me. =)
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Hello everyone,
    Not much change. Weighed my self this morning and I'm up 5 pounds from Wed. No idea what's going on, but I hope that last weigh in wasn't a "false" alarm, as I'd be crushed. Though I think it's impossible for me to have actually gained fat, unless something strange is going on with my hormones or my body.

I did 45 mins on the elliptical yesterday (30 minute chunk in the morning, 15 minutes after dinner) and did 30 mins this morning as well. Weekends are always very enjoyable for me diet wise, as there is brunch and I get to enjoy a made to order egg white omelet from the dining hall for lunch. Fills me up all afternoon, and it's so yummy and protein filled.

I'm beginning to see some all nighters/very late nights in my future through Thursday evening. After that I'll be doing 12 hours a day of studying for a week (10 a day for economics, which is my most difficult subject and is worth 50% of my grade, and 2 a day for US foreign policy, which I've just been told is an open book take home exam thankfully), so I hope the damage won't be too great, as I'll be able to have four hours to myself for all of reading period.

Brief (procrastination) personals:
    @Laurie: Your exercise regime is so inspiring to me. I've been swimming from the age of two and enjoy the water, but my form has gotten so bad since I stopped being in the swim team at 11 that I never feel that I can effectively work out by swimming. Maybe I need to start this summer
    @ Damensha: So nice to see you back on the boards. Good luck with the roof!
    @hansea: That sounds like a lovely Sunday!
    @Skinnyjeanz: I only got to take one AP class, but I did do IB and I was always so curious about how my teachers fit all of the grading in. I hope your students appreciate all of the good work they do! I hope you get to squeeze in a walk win Gunner later.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    I didn't log any food today, I needed a day off, but I know I am somewhere around my calorie goal. Did not get shoes but did buy 2 tops and a hat for running. Went for a hike afterwards and found a few geocaches along the way. Now I have to make a casserole for my dinners this week.

Goal mileage: (155 km) (96 miles)
    5/1: 11.2 km (6.7 miles)
    5/2: 7.8 km (4.8 miles)
    5/3: 6.2 km (3.9 miles)
    5/4 8.1 km (5 miles)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    I had my butt kicked during the 5K today. I did finish it in a time of 41:52 so not horrible but I was hoping for 40 minutes or less. The problem I ran into was the number of hills on the course, they just killed me so I attempted to run them but ended up walking those parts instead. It was frustrating for me since I did not meet my personal goal on time. The other issue was that the course was 3.31 miles long instead of the 3.1 so that also accounts for the extra 2 minutes. The good news is there are other 5K courses in my area that are flatter than this park. So yes, I completed a 5K with very little specific training for it--The most I have run in the past 4 months was 1.5 miles at one time. Now, I need to train with a running focus-even through a triathlon is in my future. I must realize that I have worked very hard this weekend between the climbing, swimming, aerobics and now the run so I am thrilled my legs allowed me to run.

After the 5K, I went on 5 mile bike ride with my friend. It felt good to just be outside and take an easy ride on a flat course. I should sleep well tonight.

Karen- Glad you had a great walk with Brian. I know how frustrating it is to get caught up in the crowds during walks. Sounds like you made a great time and that it was faster than last time. Good luck with the grading.

Jenn- Thanks for the list of your mileage, it does help.

Rain-That 5 lb gain could just be a fluke unless you truly over ate a ton of calories you did not gain that much fat in a few days. It could be due to hormones, water retention etc. Give it a couple of days and it should drop back down. Good luck with finals. Once summer comes go swimming, it will be amazed at how it comes back to you and just focus on your strokes.

Leah-Welcome.

Grading update:
    I have managed to get caught up-that is until tomorrow when they turn in the work. Mid-term grades are due at 3 pm tomorrow, so need to get them entered. My computer does not like the grade book so I can't enter them at home--oh well.

today's miles 9.31
  • CherryMonRose520
    CherryMonRose520 Posts: 12 Member
    Just a quick update for those who remember me... I've been faithfully on my diet for 18 days and have lost 15 lbs!!!!! I'm so proud of myself... I have a long way to go but this is a big accomplishment for me :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    We are off to a great start with our May Challenge. Here are the current mileage posting as of 9 pm (EST) Sunday, May 4. Don't worry if you have not updated your number yet, I can always make changes.

You will see your name plus the total number of miles (km) I have recorded for this week.

Distance Milestones—How far we have come in May and we just keep going

Starting line
    Robin E
    Brandy

1 mile Club
    Robin B (1.64 miles)

2 mile Club
    Ushkil (2.41 miles)

3.1 miles (5K club)
    tlh (3.67 miles)

4 miles (8K)

5 Miles (9K)
    JT const (5.5 miles)
    Damensha (6.78 miles)
    Tom (7.83 miles)
    Nettie (7.15 miles)
    Skinny Jeanz (8.5 miles)

9 miles=15K
    Hansea (9.99 miles)
    Kaye (11.8 miles)
    Little Shadow (9.5 miles)
    L2T (11 miles)

12 miles=20K

16 miles-Sprint Triathlon Level (you just complete the distance of a Sprint Triathlon

½ marathon- 13.1 miles=22km
    LaurieK (19.31 miles)

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km
    Tanya (33.3 km)
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Happy Sunday. I had a busy day in the yard yesterday. I mowed the lawn, rototilled the vegetable garden and mapped it out, trimmed trees and bushes, weeded the front of the house, and started on the side. I was feeling good last night when I finally sat down. Though last night I didn't sleep well at all, I was extremely uncomfortable and kept tossing and turning all night. I took it easier today and did some minor stuff around the house.

5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - 6.92 miles
    5/4 - 2.13 miles

Tracy - So sorry to hear the house fell through. We had that happen to us a few times too. It's extremely disappointing but hang in there. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Mel - Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time lately. I am glad to see you again!

Damensha - Yum. I love the Blooming Onion.

Kaye - I had waffles for breakfast this morning too!

Laurie - Hope the 5K went well. Sorry to hear about the alarm at the dealer. I would have been irritated as well. I love the idea of the updated statuses list. Thanks so much for doing that. You are the best. :flowerforyou:

Hansea - The bird festival you went to sounded like a lot of fun. It sounds like the kids had fun too!

Leah - Welcome!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Bump. I have a TON to catch up on but wanted to give Laurie my goal mileage and mileage to date (I'm using my Fitbit to track it).

Goal Mileage for May Challenge is 90 miles:

May 1--3.11mi
    May 2--3.64mi
    May 3--1.92mi
    May 4--4.42mi

I have more software testing this week plus meetings Monday and Tuesday, I hope to catch up soon. :heart:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@jenn--glad you enjoyed the sausage dish. My DH made Italian sausage today, but I didn't have time to make the veggies. :ohwell: I'm also a fan of Zombies, Vampires, and LOTR. I did the Run For Your Lives zombie 5k last fall and it was awesome! Also, tracked mileage with 2 different LOTR virtual hikes last year which made it more fun for the nerd in me.

@laura--did you consume 17,500 calories over maintenance last week? Because that's the only way you truly gained 5 pounds. It's probably just bloat due to water retention or from high cortisol levels related to the stress of finals.

@laurie--the runner in me is always grateful I'm a flatlander--hills KILL me! I hope the route in NYC is relatively flat or I may not make it! :laugh:

@kelley--I forgot to comment about you possibly joining us for T2T--that would be so fun!

5/1= 3.5 miles
    5/2= 0 miles
    5/3= 5 miles
    5/4= 1.5 miles
    5/5=x miles

Grading Goals:
    4. 15/70 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    May 4th - 6.7 miles
    It is such a pretty time of year for walking. It isn't too hot and the fragrance of lilacs is all over town.
    I had to chuckle at my sil. I told my family that I was going to do a 100 mile May. The next thing I know, he was posting on FB that he was going to do a 100 mile May. Now I have someone else to compete with, too.
    I feel bad that I am not better at personals. You are all important to me and I follow your frustrations and successes closely, but I can't remember what I wanted to say when I start writing. I don't how use the split screen or cut and paste on my tablet.
    Anyway, congratulations on the losses. We can do this together. You inspire me daily. Laurie - thank you for tracking our mileage.
    Have a great week. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    @hansea - Thank you for the suggestion on how to convert exercise to miles. It'll make it much easier to just count a 45 minute class as 2 miles. I can then just track how far I walk my dog on those days and add that mileage in. I've also decided to round my miles to the nearest half mile to make the math simpler. I figure it'll all even out in the end.

It was a great long weekend. The golf tournament was fun and what a beautiful day to walk for 4 hours all over a stunningly beautiful course. DH was excited to see all his favorites, but sad that Phil choked (again). The rest of the weekend was filled with errands, household projects and a couple long walks. I even walked the dog to and from his annual physical with a stop at Petco for some treats. Yesterday DH and I (and the dog of course) walked to Starbucks, had coffee and walked home. I love that I live where we can walk with a purpose instead of just around a neighborhood. I get easily bored with that. When they finish the construction on the road outside our neighborhood, I will be able to walk to another small shopping center about 1.5 miles away on sidewalk the whole way. That walk will be really challenging since the road is very hilly. Something to work up to!

On the weight loss front, it was a great week. After losing nothing the week before, I've dropped 2.4 pounds since last Monday. Since I've been that weight since Friday, I know it's going to stick. 45 pounds to go!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles
    5/2 - 5 miles
    5/3 - 3 miles
    5/4 - 3 miles

Total Miles - 13
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Good Morning! It was such a beautiful weekend, I'm sorry its over. Today marks the start of a week of Drs. appointments again. Also will get to start my pool PT therapy up again which is great. Thanks Someone for the conversion method for swimming minutes to miles!!! :flowerforyou: Big whoopsI forgot your name!
    Looking back at the weekend I see how much walking I did saturday at the Ren Faire, because my hip is hurting today. It was pretty rough terrain and rocky too, and we walked around for about 2-1/2 hours it was so pleasant.
    Diet has consisted of applesauce, omelets and lozenges lately. Food just doesn't taste that good anymore. I need it to feel soothing more than anythng else! :laugh:
    Will check back later.
  • aleahcim1
    aleahcim1 Posts: 3 Member
    so I need to lose around 100 pounds what is this thread all about? I def need support and motivation