"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    1) Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.
    2) Chocolate mini muffins with a big cup of coffee. YUM
    3) Talenti Sea Salt Caramel.
    4) Skinny Cow Limited Edition Snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich. I'm not a Skinny Cow fan typically. Usually if I'm going to have dessert, I'm going to make it worth my time! With that said, it said 'Limited Edition' so I had to try it. So, these weren't bad. Not a strong snickerdoodle taste, but light and pretty yummy. I may have another since I'm a bit short on calories if I still feel hungry here in a bit.

** For anyone a fan of B&J's Cinnamon Buns, our Kroger had the on Closeout. Now usually, that means discontinued but I'm not sure if that is true! You may want to check your local stores and load up if it is! I got some just because....

Aww now I has the sadz... B&J's cinnamon buns was my pregnancy craving with my first son! I hope its not being discontinued!
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Day 1: didn't have much to work with but I came up with this. Good ol' Ice cream sandwich stuffed with a Special K protein bar and chocolate fiber one
    Day 2: Chocolate Lucky Charms Treat (chocolate lucky charms, butter and marshmallows)
    Day 2: Chocolate Lucky Charms Treat (chocolate lucky charms, butter and marshmallows)
    0BC4017C-4BC6-494E-BB29-A08EB171DA80_zpsiuwg08qr.jpg
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Nice! ^^^
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Nice! ^^^

Agreed.
  • chezza189
    chezza189 Posts: 25 Member
    Haven't read the forum posts (read page 1 :P) but this whole thread is similar to what I do. I eat a very clean diet, lots of fruit, veg, water, whole grains, good protein sources. However everyday I let myself have 1 square of chocolate or 3 sweets of my choice. Then for my *cheat meal* of the week I will pick something chocolatey with around 300-400 calories and incorporate it into my allowance for that day. Today, it is going to be Domino's cookies *drool* :).
    Good luck to everyone here and keep up the hard work.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Day 1: Mom's lemon cake with strawberries and whipped cream
    Day 2: Chocolate cookie sammich with almond butter
    Day 3: Chocolate and salted caramel pecan froyo

Day 4: I made Barney Butter Cups this morning. I'm an extreme Reese's lover, but peanut butter is forbidden in my house because we have someone with allergies. The only almond butter cups I've found online are made with... peanut flour. :grumble: So I made my own with semisweet chocolate, chunky almond butter, and powdered sugar... and a little sea salt on the top, because yeah, sea salt and dark chocolate. 100 calories each. I ate one soon after making them.
    i-5bLtJ4p-S.jpg

This will probably be my Day 5 entry too, since I devoured four of them after midnight. Making these things on a rest day when I'm super hungry may possibly have been a tactical error. :blushing:
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Those ^^^ wow.

I failed this challenge as I cannot seem to stay within my goals and the chocolate beast within me has been unleashed. I am also leaving for Mexico for a couple weeks where I will not be on MFP, but rather on some beaches surrounded by all things delicious. Just wanted to say that I look up to everyone on here exercising (no pun intended) great portion control, will power, life skills, whatever you want to call it. Keep it up! I really enjoyed reading your posts.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    i-5bLtJ4p-S.jpg
    OMG :love: :love:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Day 1: Cinnamon and Raisin English muffin with 1/2 tbs of Cookie Batter and 5 squares of 85% rich dark chocolate from Trader Joe's :)
    Day 2: Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich and 4 squares of 85% dark chocolate again!
    Day 3: Peach Crisp with Whipped Cream :)

It's a recipe I found in our forum! It was absolutely delicious.

image_zpsc843bfa7.jpg

Move it to a folder with no space in the name. Instead of Mobile Uploads put it in your Bucket, then link from there. For some reason MFP can't deal with spaces-- it puts a %20 there and then the link won't work.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Day 1: 70 Grams of Dilettante Chocolate Covered Cherries & 127 grams of Haagen Dasz Caramelized Banana Chip
    Day 2: Three Lofthouse Sugar Cookies with frosting on top and later 30 grams of Haagen Dasz
    Day 3: One Lofthouse Sugar Cookie & around 30 grams of Haagen Dasz. Also some Barkthins Milk Chocolate With Sea Salt for lunch.
    Day 4: One serving of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch and a Lofthouse Sugar Cookie
    Day 5: One Cookie, 76 grams of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch, and one serving of Phish Food
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Day 1 - Chocolate & Vanilla Pudding Cup, and M & M cookie!
    Day 2 - Vanilla Pudding Cup, Cadbury Fruit & Nut Bar!
    Day 3 - Butterscoth Pudding, and Costco Tuxedo cake
    Day 4 - Chocolate Fudge Pudding and Costco Tuxedo cake
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Day 1: Graze Apple cinnamon flapjack and 3/4 of a blueberry poptart under black cherry ice cream.
    Day 2: Speculoos cookie butter sandwich and a blueberry poptart
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    I had some extra batter from my cupcake fail... crossed my fingers and baked it in some mini loaf pans, and it actually turned out alright! Going to have to guesstimate the calories but I don't even care!

ETA: My mini loaves turned out. I used a local black mocha stout... Mmm.

pkLHpou.jpg

Can you share this recipe please :)

Here's the recipe I used (not the frosting):

Cake: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-nigella-lawsons-chocola-79475

And I also substituted black mocha stout for Guinness.

For the calorie-laden frosting:
    -8 oz cream cheese
    -4 tbsp butter, softened
    -1 16 oz pkg powdered/confectioners sugar
    -8 oz heavy cream
    -8 tbsp Baileys Irish cream

Use a hand mixer to blend the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar little by little so you don't make a big mess. Then slowly add the liquids and keep mixing it. The end. (I combined two diff recipes for the frosting and kinda winged it. You could probably skip the heavy cream.)

ETA: You could also probably half the frosting recipe because it makes a ridiculous amount but then you can dunk graham crackers or cookies in the leftovers, so your choice!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Day 1 - May 5: 1 cup of Turkey Hill Frozen Greek Yogurt - Baklava
    Day 2 - May 6: 2.5 tablespoons of Speculoospasta / Cookie Butter on crackers
    Day 3 - May 7: 1/2c cookies and cream froyo from a new place that opened near my house, with 100g sliced strawberries, chocolate chips, and don't tell my MFP diary.. but I added a teeny tiny drop of nutella on top (the place has a dispenser with warm nutella in it that you can put on your yogurt... should be illegal!)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    I had some extra batter from my cupcake fail... crossed my fingers and baked it in some mini loaf pans, and it actually turned out alright! Going to have to guesstimate the calories but I don't even care!

ETA: My mini loaves turned out. I used a local black mocha stout... Mmm.

pkLHpou.jpg

Can you share this recipe please :)

Here's the recipe I used (not the frosting):

Cake: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-nigella-lawsons-chocola-79475

And I also substituted black mocha stout for Guinness.

For the calorie-laden frosting:
    -8 oz cream cheese
    -4 tbsp butter, softened
    -1 16 oz pkg powdered/confectioners sugar
    -8 oz heavy cream
    -8 tbsp Baileys Irish cream

Use a hand mixer to blend the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar little by little so you don't make a big mess. Then slowly add the liquids and keep mixing it. The end. (I combined two diff recipes for the frosting and kinda winged it. You could probably skip the heavy cream.)

ETA: You could also probably half the frosting recipe because it makes a ridiculous amount but then you can dunk graham crackers or cookies in the leftovers, so your choice!
    I have made frosting with the specific intent of slathering it all over a few graham crackers. True story.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Day 1: Double fudge cookie dough Blizzard inside of a chocolate-dipped waffle cone
    Day 2: 4 lemon twist Oreos and a mini Reeses peanut butter egg
    Day 3: I attempted to make Nigella Lawson's chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Baileys Irish cream cheese frosting. It didn't go so well. But I ate a lot of the good parts - the batter, the frosting, and the leftover stout. So I'm pretending I ate an actual cupcake and that they were a success (but I burned them).
    Day 4: Chocolate stout cake w/baileys frosting, sour starburst jellybeans, and a bakery cinnamon roll
    Day 5: chocolate stout cake for breakfast :smokin:
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Stopped in to get coffee after my morning run and ended up also getting Bread Pudding... Breakfast of Champions!

20140507_110247.jpg

. But I did close out my evening with pork pate. One had a cognac glaze and the other was peppercorn. Went real well with a 22oz bottle of Alaskan Raspberry Wheat. Looking at the photo, I think the can of Rainier and the Ritz crackers are a nice juxtaposition to the classiness of pate. Technically it wasn't "sweet", but it was decadent, and the beer was sweet.

Also had some Talenti Caramel Apple Pie

20140507_212135.jpg

Day 1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
    Day 2: Three Twins Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 3: Chocolate Nutella Angel Food Cake, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Rookery Bread Pudding, Pate & Raspberry Wheat, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    Day 3: Ciacco's gelato (custard and chocolate sorbet)
    Day 4: Home-made carrot cupcakes
    Day 5: Moar carrot cupcakes and perhaps some ice cream later. We'll see!
    [/quote]
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Ya'll help me choose my next baking project-- trying to decide between chocolate cheesecake or white/dark chocolate cream cheese cake bars:

whitedarkbars-6.jpg
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    I took the 30 day gelato cleanse challenge. I gained 7 pounds.

Seriously I work in a gelato factory.