Being hit on/flirted with?

Options

Replies

• littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I never know how to respond because I'm never really quite sure that they're actually flirting or just being a good human being. :ohwell:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Well that escalated quickly.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    LMAO @ Cousin_Eddie
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ Cousin_Eddie

IKR! I don't even know jelly...
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm very rarely flirted with and when/if I am I can't tell.
    It might be nice though as I have no self confidence whatsoever.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    For the sake of our no no's can we all just get along :wink: :wink:
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    lolz Cousin_Eddie got some problems. I would've had a roommate trying their best to remove my boot from their azz, and been lookin for a new girl.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ Cousin_Eddie

+1
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've had my fair share of inappropriate messages on MFP - but that's sort of what goes along with being a girl and being active on a social networking site. When you're behind a computer screen, it makes you brave - it's easy to send a creepy message or encourage someone to dump their boyfriend/girlfriend for a chance at "true happiness." So my perspective is - Either take it as it is, change your picture and see if that helps, or leave MFP where the same *kitten* is bound to happen.

While you have no control over the way some other person treats you, you do have control over how you choose to respond to it. If your choice is: "Well, this is so immature. I shouldn't have to change my picture, because a bunch of horny a**holes can't control themselves," and then choose not to change your photo because of that mindset... well then, dear, you also shouldn't complain about it when the same shi*t continues to happen, right? As that was your choice to not make any changes.

Just throwing in my two cents.

Carry on.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    If you hate it the solution is easy. Take down your pic.

I have lots of posts and lots of FL friends and I dont' get flirted with hardly.

It's not really a problem for me b/c I change avatars enough people know none of them are me.

IRL I dont get flirted with that much anymore b/c all the places I frequent are flirt free zones. On the off chance I go pick up take out or something sometimes a man will flirt but I don't feel bad about it, it's short lived and they have no way of knowing right away that I'm not available so it's not like they are being a jerk about it. It's still always flattering b/c nobody does it in a harsh way just friendly obvious checking out and chit chat so no worries. It's not like they are expecting to throw down in the Coldstone parking lot just b/c we both happen to be there.

But, yeah if you "hate it" my advice is take down your pic and put whatever motivates you or makes YOU feel happy when you see it.

Sorry going through the whole thread I missed last night. I'm not going to take down my picture just because people can't handle themselves in a respectful manner.

Good for you. Leave it up. As a side not if it makes you feel better, based on the picture you have up now I would neither flirt with or hit on you. :drinker:

Lol was your backhanded insult supposed to make me feel better because I said I hate flirting? No need to be rude, just don't anything if you don't find me attractive :drinker:
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm very rarely flirted with and when/if I am I can't tell.
    It might be nice though as I have no self confidence whatsoever.

Hi There! :tongue:
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've had my fair share of inappropriate messages on MFP - but that's sort of what goes along with being a girl and being active on a social networking site. When you're behind a computer screen, it makes you brave - it's easy to send a creepy message or encourage someone to dump their boyfriend/girlfriend for a chance at "true happiness." So my perspective is - Either take it as it is, change your picture and see if that helps, or leave MFP where the same *kitten* is bound to happen.

While you have no control over the way some other person treats you, you do have control over how you choose to respond to it. If your choice is: "Well, this is so immature. I shouldn't have to change my picture, because a bunch of horny a**holes can't control themselves," and then choose not to change your photo because of that mindset... well then, dear, you also shouldn't complain about it when the same shi*t continues to happen, right? As that was your choice to not make any changes.

Carry on.

tumblr_inline_n4zt3oQgcQ1qafrh6.gif
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I('m not a cougar but the only guys without tact are the 20-30 somethings.. this 33 y.o. guy , who works in my building, asked me to go to a strip club with him after work Friday...I doubt I'd ever go anywhere with him. . Besides.. I'm a chick magnet :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm a bartender so it can get OBNOXIOUS. I actually have gained weight over the years on purpose, consciously or unconsciously so I don't have to deal with it. I actually prefer being fat at work. I like being healthy and normal in the regular world but when I'm bartending, life is a lot easier when you're not constantly sexually harassed.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    oh my
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Carry on.

I agree with you on one level - as the lesson applies to life in general.

But in this case - sexual harassment shouldn't be tolerated and if we just change our pictures, we're......well we're not ever going to to change the mindset of "well she's showing her tits, she must want the d". Does that make sense? A woman should be able to show off her flat belly or great *kitten* without there being some Pavlovian signal (to some men) that she's open to online sexy time. I have big boobs, every time I post a photo and boobs happen to be in it, I get some degrading comments about said boobs that are totally inappropriate.I could carefully edit what pictures I share, but why should I? Instead I let the person know that comments like that aren't okay. I just think if we (general) give in, the cycle will never be broken.
  • Cousin_Eddie_
    Options
    I'm a bartender so it can get OBNOXIOUS. I actually have gained weight over the years on purpose, consciously or unconsciously so I don't have to deal with it. I actually prefer being fat at work. I like being healthy and normal in the regular world but when I'm bartending, life is a lot easier when you're not constantly sexually harassed.

gotta admit you are attractive
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options
    to the OP i too am desperate for attention and would love to converse with you about diets! and exersice

let's meet up someday
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options

gotta admit you are attractive

Thanks. I usually wear clothes at work (dress modestly). This is just my first 2 piece pic in two years so that's the only reason I am flaunting it this week. :) I don't have too many problems with MFP'ers. This is a great community.:smile:
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    epic win