Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• valeriedent2
    Options
    I started out my week really strong, and then . . . I died.

Didn't workout yesterday and was over my calories.

Didn't workout this morning, and I only have 350 calories left for the day. And the way I'm feeling right now, it's going to take a monsterous effort to make myself workout when I get home.

I need to get one more cardio in to meet my workout goal this week, and I'd like to try to get in a strength workout, too.

The weekends are the hardest for me, so I'm dreading the Monday weigh in. But at the same time, it's the motivation I need to keep it clean over the weekend!!

Great job this week, everyone!! You're all so supportive and motivating!! And it's so nice to hear some of the complaints and know I'm not the only one!!!!! :)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Completely fell off and had a whole Wendy's MEAL today....can you saaaay 1000 calorie lunch? Gonna try to get my bf to go run with me tonight so I can work some of it off. Baaaad choice. Moving on though...
  • cambam84
    cambam84 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Completely fell off and had a whole Wendy's MEAL today....can you saaaay 1000 calorie lunch? Gonna try to get my bf to go run with me tonight so I can work some of it off. Baaaad choice. Moving on though...

You know, this happens to the best of us, but the important part is that you are not dwelling on it and moving on!! You go girl.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    It'll be okay, Rach! Just have lots of water and get a good work out in!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Even without working out I could manage to stay within my maintenance calories for today, but since my bf has agreed to go running with me I'm not worried about it. I should burn about 300cal so I will eat a light dinner and stay in a bit of a deficit. Bad mood caused by guilt and self-pity, avoided. :smile:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Ran/walked 2miles today according to week 1 of c25k. I've been repeating it trying to improve my stamina a bit before I move on. I want to be able to do all the runs without sacrificing my form.

Anyway, the first mile I did in UNDER 13min!!! I don't think I've EVER done that before!!! In high school I think I did 15min miles because you HAD to so I just ran maybe a quarter of it total and walked the rest.

Total I did both miles in 27.30 so average 13.45min mi. Not horrible!!! Especially counting the coughing fits!!

I'm all smiles tonight. :happy:
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi :)

What day are we weighing in?

xx
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Hi :)

What day are we weighing in?

xx

Mondays :)
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    Im Malalu my current weight is 144lbs
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    WTG on that mile Rach!! I can't wait til I can do the same !

Well, tonight is my 5k...it's gonna be VERY cold, but I'm not wimping out, even though all my friends that were going to go with me did :( But my hubby will be cheering me on from the sidelines and that's all that matters :)

No clue how long it will take them to get the results in, but hopefully early this coming week.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
  • lauralonglocks
    Options
    Can I join..?

Weight as of 3rd Jan is 178lbs...this is my first week of dieting/MFP! :D

xx
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I am .2lbs from prebaby #3 weight!!!
    And 22.2lbs from prebaby#2 weight!!!
  • runheather
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this. Is it too late. I am currently at 150.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    WTG on that mile Rach!! I can't wait til I can do the same !

Well, tonight is my 5k...it's gonna be VERY cold, but I'm not wimping out, even though all my friends that were going to go with me did :( But my hubby will be cheering me on from the sidelines and that's all that matters :)

No clue how long it will take them to get the results in, but hopefully early this coming week.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

GOOD LUCK BRU!!!!!
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Everyone's doing such a great job. We did a kickboxing class today and then my sister and I had planned to run as well...neither one of us wanted to do it but we have pledged to do "at least 10 minutes" on those days. So, we got our 4min run 1min walk x2 then ran 2 more min and finished out the 25 min on the treadmill with fast walking. At least we didn't just go home after class, got 2 more miles in that way! :) Hope you al lhave a great weekend!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    OMG, what was I thinking going to Wienerschnitzel! I knew the sodium was high but that was more than 1 day worth of sodium. Then, we had ladies night and that was no help. Oh well, guess I'll be drinking alot of water this week

GREAT JOB RACH!

GOOD LUCK on your 5k Brunnette Wife!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Started the weekend off strong, grocery shopping then a trip to the gym on Friday night, out playing with the dogs and cleaning so far today. I've got a party to go to tonight, so I'm trying to keep the calories light during the day so that I can have some good stuff tonight. Great job everyone... can't wait to see the progress!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    So, my '5k' turned into a 1.5miles walk/run..:frown: . appearently only those who signed up for the competitive run get to do the whole 5k, everyone else does the 1.5...I didn't find out until after reaching the 1.5mile marker when they said 'all walkers you are done, please go inside, all runners, men to the right, women to the left' :grumble: Gee thanks for being clear about this on the flyer that I got.. and let's face, everyone looks forward to those race day tee's..a trophy tee if you will..You guessed it, again, only the 'runners' get one. :grumble: Everyone else gets a reusable shopping bag promoting the place and has nothing to do with the 5k on it, not that I won't use it, but still. A little annoyed but it will pass. Just wished they were better organized. Now, cappuccino, cheese potatoes, and a fire for the night.:ohwell: I'm really looking forward to the 5k in March, because I KNOW it's an actual 5k :drinker: Enjoy your weekend all!!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What a great group! I'd like to join! SW 145 (weight on Sunday, 1/2/2011), CW 139, GW 130.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Just curious Rach, but normally on my week of TOM I skip weighing because I don't like the water weight to give me a false sense of gain. Are we allowed to skip a weigh in?