Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everybody! Welcome to all the newbies! Come on in, pull up a chair and join the fun!

@Karen – I was eating back exercise calories, just not all of them. I had been following your advice from about 6 weeks ago or so. I was looking to net around 1200 per day. This actually makes a lot of sense to me. I’ve had weeks were I have averaged a net 1100-1200 per day and lost only 0.4 pounds and other weeks with the same net average where I have lost 2.6 pounds. I no longer have a TOM so that is a non-factor. It’s weird, but I have been doing better these last few weeks with nearly no exercise so I am going to hold my status quo for now on the fitness front. I am going to move forward with my mileage goal for June and not worry about anything else unless the mood strikes me. I am not much of a hockey fan, but my Pennies lost a few weeks ago so you can join me on the couch while the Stanley Cup gets ramped up. Though, I AM a Miami Heat fan by proxy (no basketball team in Pittsburgh and my kids are HUGE Heat fans, so…) and I will be getting ready for the Finals to get started this Thursday.

@Jenn – I may be in your neck of the woods (or at least your state) for a weekend in September. I haven’t solidified my plans yet, but my son has a football game in Montgomery and I haven’t decided if it is one that I will attend. Finances are always tight and I surely can’t afford to go to them all, so I have to do some picking and choosing of which games I will travel to and which ones I’ll have to watch from home. Sorry to hear about your mom’s home, that just really stinks!

@Amanda – CONGRATS on being down 7 inches! That is awesome! I really should start measuring so I can see progress in something other than the scale.

@Laurie – Woohoo! Thanks for the good news on my mileage! I knew I was so very close by just eye balling a quick total of last week’s miles added to the last posted total.

@Pixy – um, your mileage?? AWWEESSOOMMEE!!!

@L2T – Sorry to hear you are suffering with a head cold. There is nothing worse than a summer cold.

@Tom – It’s the end of my work day and I am sitting at my desk salivating over your pictures! YUM-O!!

@Tracy – Welcome BACK! I didn’t get to say it before, so CONGRATS on your new house!

@Evangeline – Your profile pic is the most adorable Puggy! It he (or she) yours? I also have a pug. I have always had dogs throughout my life and have NEVER had a dog with as much personality as my Puggy!

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!!
    And…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    And a bad temptation is back in my life. A friend has moved back in with me and my husband who's a big foodie like me with a sweet tooth too. Soooooo.... I need to resist the temptation of eating with her and the habits.

You should use that foodie (skill, habit?) to figure out yummy, healthier variations on calorie dense sweets! Like making a cake with soda or yogurt! :)

One of my favorite lighter sweets is one I found on this site, actually. 2 ingredients. Angel food cake mix + pie filling. Mix and bake. Yum.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Monday (June) check in... The downward trend is continuing. :love: I think I said that last month, even with all the mileage I put in that I was stalling. I checked my numbers and I've lost 4 lbs and 2" ( probably more inches since I don't measure my shoulders, knees, ankles etc and I am seeing some more slimming in odd areas). The scale has just been fooling me fluctuating the same few lbs over and over. Though like RobinB, I find that I do better with less exercise, however weird that sounds. So my focus is strength training and running this month and a lot less other cardio.

Today I've had dessert on my mind. Since tomorrow is my birthday (the big 4-1 LOL) I have been deciding what I am going to eat as my treat in lieu of birthday cake ( our family doesn't really get together for cake and candles any more, my sisters and I are busy and don't all live close together.). I hadn't made a decision yet but then my parents came by tonight with a small birthday cake and candles, and sang to me. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: My mom had brought a cake just big enough for the 3 of us as she figured that I would not want to be left with a big cake. So that was perfect! It also fit into my calorie goal... Tomorrow I was planning the dessert as an extra. I may stop and grab some Thai food for dinner tomorrow though... 900 calories for beef fried rice and a spring roll. Worth.Every.Calorie.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia- hope you live near Vegas so when you all come to sample the smoker you do not have to go far. :laugh:

601_zps1f9159dd.jpg
  • Morgori
    Options
    just a test
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    GOING TO WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY FOR SURE. STAYED BUSY ALL DAY ON COMPUTER AND STILL GOING. FOOT IS FEELING BETTER SINCE I TOOK THE BRACE AND TAPING OFF.

Went over on calories today. Set food out for supper but didn't realize how long it would take to steam asparagus till it is soft and the meat had not defrosted. Wound up eating out and decided to have a high calorie meal as it would be my last. Who am I kidding. What kind of games are these that I am playing with myself and who is the loser if not me. I need to be serious and walk the walk not just talk the talk

TANYA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY. GLAD THE SCALE IS MOVING

MyMowMow - I am where you are at.

katrena
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kjeffries- you can use the miles for water aerobics if you want. 20 or 30 minutes =1 mile. Many of us have used this formula for the exercise classes that we take. Hope you foot gets better soon. I love water aerobic especially the deep water class.

Tanya- Happy Birthday. Best wishes to the year ahead. May birthday is on Friday.

Please post your mileage goals and any miles you have for June. I am putting together the new spread sheet.

This is what I have so far: The number are the goal miles
    Lauriek 150
    Skinnyjeanz 80
    Hansea 130
    FeraFillia 75
    Hansea 130
    Kaye ?
    Lives2travel 80
    Tom 90
    Kah (Kelley) 110
    MpwMow 45
    paintedcavair 50
    Robin B ?

Sorry if I am missing your information I just back up to my last post on page 8. I was busy over the weekend and ran out of time.

Tom- I received your email and I will play with it tomorrow. Thank you.

Today was a good day but I have been off all week with my eating. I am very much into sweets and ice cream right now. Goal this week is to stop eating so many sweets.

I will post May final status reports tomorrow. Still waiting for a few more people to fill in their numbers.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Happy Birthday Tanya! Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, too! He'll be 31. :)

Instead of birthday cake, I made him white chocolate dipped Oreos. I didn't want a whole big cake around either... but 3 dozen white chocolate Oreos could be dangerous, too. I'll have to limit myself to 1 per day!

Tom... Darn, that far away? I'm in South Carolina.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Tanya.
    Laurie, my mileage so far, 6/1-3.5, 6/2-5.6
    Another good, but lower calorie treat is to mix an angel food cake mix with a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. I hadn't heard of using the pie filling.
    Thankfully the pie is nearly gone, and I won't make any more for a long time. Thursday is Cathy's birthday so I will have to make her favorite carrot cake.
    It is looking like a good week. I confess that I really liked not having my little ones here today. I was able to get some little chores done, and I didn't have to clean up after typhoon Anya.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Morgori
    Options
    Tanya

HBSmileyBlowsWhistle.gif
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    3.4 miles for today. :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!-

No personal tonight. Will catch up tomorrow.

Monday Check-in:
    It's a lovely day b/c I finally finished all of my papers!!! :bigsmile: I still have a few odds and ends from 2 kids who were out on medical, but otherwise--all finished!!

Also, finally found my way back to the gym today. It has been pretty hot the past few days (mid-80s) so I didn't want to run outside. Did 20 minutes of hills program at level 10, then I ran 2 miles in 20 minutes. My official race time from Saturday also posted today--I was at 37:06, so not too bad.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + Relay for Life (overnight)
    Sun--walk gunner

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 2/30

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = miles
    6/4 = miles
    6/5 = miles
    6/6 = miles
    6/7 = miles
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Miss everyone! :flowerforyou: Been so busy - I don't have much family to deal with and I don't work! Whats going on, I just don't know! :noway:
    Will spend a few hours catching up on this thread tomorrow after I see my surgeon again. We're getting to be close chums. Wonder if he'll change my appts. to just once a month. Here's hoping.

So bad news ending in good news today - I had my Lumbar MRI and it show 3 herniated discs - 2 serious enough to warrant watching, and 1 in the baby stages. But because I have been walking routinely these past few weeks just short distances and have not had symptoms of pain the doc has released me to FULL ACTIVITY! WOOT !!! :drinker: He just suggested I not add distance too fast too soon but we were both happy with the outcome of my few weeks of rest.

Laurie - so, based on the above, I'm going to set, or re-set my DISTANCE GOAL for JUNE at 40 miles. I want to keep it real, what I can't do now at the beginning of the month I should be able to pick up toward to end of the month.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Ellen- so excited you are cleared to work out again! :)

June goals: 150 miles total. (Walks/runs/bike)
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Just a quick mileage check-in:

My goal for June 75 miles (while I didn't meet my May goal, I still want to add some distance)

June 1 - 2.00
    June 2 - 2.06
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I just wanted to check in and ty all for the kind reassurances about Zeus. He is home and doing pretty good. Keeping him still and calm for the next 10 days or so is going to be a challenge though. I have already had to put all his toys up because by this morning he is wanting to play fetch and there is no running or jumping right now. Poor thing is trying to chew on his bone right now but cant use his paws and mouth to work together because of the cone:ohwell: On the fitness front I got in 2.24 miles on the first but not anything yesterday. My goal for this month is going to be a llittle lower since I am going to factor in rest days. My goal for this month is 70 miles.

Well I have to get ready to go and get the kiddos off to school so have a great day everyone and dont forget your water:bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tammy--awww--poor zeus in his "cone of shame"! :laugh: Gunner had to wear a cone for 10 days after our neighbor's dog attacked him--he was so clumsy and awkward in it. He was ecstatic when we took it off! We still have it in the spare room, and if he goes in there and sees it, he runs to his bed to "hide" from it.

@robin--glad to hear you are cleared for full activity--woohoo! :flowerforyou:

@tanya--Happy Birthday!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Morgori
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Robin glad you got some good news from the doctor!

602_zps5a126246.jpg

JUNE 3RD: NATIONAL REPEAT DAY

June 3rd: National Repeat Day

“If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals.” ~Brian Tracy

Tom
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, all!
    I've set my goal for June as walking 5 miles each week. So far, so good. Did 1.3 miles today. Past 2 days were my rest days, as I don't seem to get much done on Sundays or Mondays anyways. ;)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kaye and RobinB! The mileage is tricky though. I count steps and do a conversion. I don't have the memory to just count exercise versus all day walking. AND I have a very simple pedometer. (I won't buy another expensive one... I've broke and/or lost 4 now:laugh: )
    But with this challenge (and finally spring) my activity is going up! WooHoo!

I love sci fi/ fantasy too. I've read a lot of the Sherrilyn Kenyon novels. I enjoyed them at first, but now I find them too formulaic to be a good read for me. I had the same problem with Nora Roberts :brokenheart: . I've just finished reading the latest Mike Shepherd novel and the latest in the Iron Druid series.

Nice smoker Tom! Are you going to smoke any fish? When I lived near Vancouver... it was all about the smoked salmon.

Kelley, that's horrible about you thumb! Will you get full mobility back?

Tanya congrats on the 4 lbs!! Happy Birthday!!!

Karen!!! Congrats on all the papers being done!!! YAY!

Ellen I'm so happy for you!!! Finally some GOOD news from your doctor. Must be nice to get moving again.

Laurie, I guess I'll set my goal at 175 miles. Wish me luck. This month is scheduling to be busier than the last.:tongue:

June 1 5.46
    June 2 6.22

Jiving into June!!! Woo hoo! I'm off to lawn mow. (which I love and is a great calorie burn:wink: )