Deleting YourFitnessPals

Options

Replies

• lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I delete people specifically for being "friend collectors," i.e., people who seem to be just trying to get the number on their friend count high and who aren't interacting with ME. I don't need self-promoting updates from strangers who don't interact with me in my feed.

ALL of This post!^^ but especially if they NEVER reply / comment on my postings. I don't need validation - but if I'm just a number on their friends list I have no interest in their activities. Be a friend to keep a friend!
  • Bucklebeak
    Bucklebeak Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I deleted someone just yesterday. I can not support someone who refuses to eat and take care of themselves. I was shocked to see this individual get so many "likes for eating @ 600 calories. I asked her a few days ago if she was logging correctly and warned her that I could not support her if she refused to eat. Many others did too and as of yesterday there was no response so I used the delete option.

Yep, deleted the same person. I can't cheer someone on if they are hellbent on eating less than half of their recommended calories. Add in the exercise calories and some days it went negative on the net calories. Despite all the support and concern from everyone, each day would come in as less than the day before. Support them if they need help, yes, cheer them on for trying to destroy their body, no.
  • Bucklebeak
    Bucklebeak Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I deleted someone just yesterday. I can not support someone who refuses to eat and take care of themselves. I was shocked to see this individual get so many "likes for eating @ 600 calories. I asked her a few days ago if she was logging correctly and warned her that I could not support her if she refused to eat. Many others did too and as of yesterday there was no response so I used the delete option.

I deleted the same person. I am on a journey to better my health and am looking for others with the same intention. I got the impression that this one was looking more for sympathy and attention than anything else. I also noticed that she rarely, if ever, replied to comments from her buddies regarding her eating habits and or questions.
    I'm thinking this friend you speak of just recently added me. Not sure what to do because I actually feel bad for her and am not sure if she's eating so low by a doctors reccomendations. Should I ask?

A few people have tried asking, no response. I get that maybe a doctor suggested eating less but her profile indicates no weight left to lose. She has met her goal. Also the food choices are a bit sketchy because if you're serious about following a doctor's orders to eat less, you would be following their suggestion to eat better too :-( No doctor in their right mind would be suggesting less than 600 a day.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because I enjoy deleting people.
  • RushBabe_214
    RushBabe_214 Posts: 115
    Options
    In...

*kitten*...

:flowerforyou:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    *deletes and fires off angry letter to the editor complaining about the current generation*
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    I delete for only a couple of reasons...

1) Not logging in for over a month with no explanation.

2. Personalities just don't click.

3. Inappropriate messages.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    In...

*kitten*...

Are you a recent victim or future victim?

*checks FL*

Oh, I see....

...the latter.
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    *deletes and fires off angry letter to the editor complaining about the current generation*

Get off my lawn!!!!!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

It's a good thing I only send appropriate junk pics
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    In...

*kitten*...

Are you a recent victim or future victim?

*checks FL*

Oh, I see....

...the latter.

Ha! You know you love me...you'll never delete me!
  • RushBabe_214
    Options

It's a good thing I only send appropriate junk pics

You're overdue, Mister!

Inbox is now open! :tongue:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Well...

...that was predictable.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Nope...I am on this site for me and only me...Yup I am selfish, go me!
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I delete people occasionally if they don't log in for a very long time. Are they bothering me by not being on? No, but I tend to go through my friends list often to write on my friends newsfeeds. I will do that for people who haven't logged in recently especially, hoping they see it and are reminded that we miss them.

And I wouldn't want to have to page through 5,000,000 people who hadn't logged in for a year in the name of not being a big meanie friend deleter.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Stop being butt hurt.

Butt hurt aka butthurt.

What a vulgar callous term to describe anyone or how anyone feels. I'm no longer surprised to see this term popping up all over this site as it's so prevalent. It's disgusting to me. But please, to those of you who feel compelled to use this ugly term when typing out your words of wisdom, keep doing it. You reveal your character and mark yourself as someone to be avoided by anyone who knows better.

<edited for spelling>

LOL_WUT_by_xHyperShadowx.jpg
    +1
  • RushBabe_214
    Options

Well...

...that was predictable.

*kisskiss*
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I have no need to delete as I don't add in the first place :tongue:
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I delete for:

Not logging in for over 14 days. Unless they've stated they'll be gone.

Selling anything. I'm not buying any crazy diet stuff.

Drama!

Always sick. Ok, I get that sometimes people have headaches, etc, etc. however, if something is wrong every single day. Go to the doctor because clearly there is a problem. Complaining about it doesn't solve that.

Being an a$$hat.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I'm a total friend collector. I don't care if they eat too less or too much, curse, send nakey photos, complain and whine etc. etc. etc. but there is one type of whining I can't stand. I will delete those people!

If I hear a stay at home wife complain that her husband isn't supporting her diet and she doesn't have time to exercise I might flip out. Many of us here work full time, be single, pay all our own bills, take care of kids, and somehow still find time to exercise, your arguement is invalid so <clicks delete>.

I cannot even remotely relate to that business.

They're few and far between and don't last long.