Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• bigunme
    bigunme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just checking in ;)

Made a couple of extra friends and have managed to tame the Potato Chip "pacman' devil :explode: a lot better lately
    ..".Just have one little bag of chips .." ....he he and have managed to do at least 4 days of cardio.

small steps but all add up ...
    I'm out ...
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    @robin - I've decided that I'm only counting what I intentionally exercise which is either with my phone running app or at the gym. I don't chew gum either, I don't like gum for some odd reason.

June goal = 50 miles

6/1- 0
    6/2- 0
    6/3- 0
    6/4- 2.55 (ran outside on trails & dirt)
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Robin~LOL A friend of mine calls Valium, Vitamin V. :laugh: I’m highly claustrophobic. I’ve had MRIs before, just never when my head had to be inside the tunnel and this one requires you to be in a really odd position—we even have open MRI, but if you ask me it’s not all that open! :wink: They can sedate me but then I wouldn’t be allowed to work afterwards and someone would have to drive me home. Doc said MRI wasn’t necessary because of joint issue that showed up on x-ray anyway, so no biggie. I’ll be in a cast after surgery, but can return to work after I no longer need pain medication—hoping that is just a couple of days (pain threshold fairly high).

@Laurie~Loved all the animations, we did great! Thank you for keeping track of June mileage as well. I hope you aren’t coming down with something.

@Tanya~I hope to only miss 3 days of work, I’ll be in a cast for 2-4 weeks which will make typing hard and probably slow me down a bit—but at least it isn’t my dominant hand. :wink:

@Karen~Swimsuit shopping, one of my least favorite things to do. Good luck!

AFM~Not much to report, having a good week and its showing on the scale—I’m just glad to see a downward trend again. See my trainer tonight.

June Mileage:

6/1/14—2.25mi
    6/2/14—3.92mi
    6/3/14—3.69mi
    6/4/14—3.56mi

Total: 13.42/110 Miles
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Kelley- Best wishes for that thumb! thumbs_up_140910.jpg

604_zps01662b66.jpg

World Environment Day focuses attention on important environmental issues. According to the United Nations "World Environment Day is commemorated each year on June 5th. It is one of the principal vehicles through which the United Nations stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention and action."

“Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.” ~Unknown

Tom
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    OK - I'll join the fun. Thanks for the invite Robin! It will take me a while to get to know everyone, but it looks like a very motivated group.

@livetotravel - I see you are coming to Maine! What town will you be visiting? I'm a Main-ah!! Ay-up

June Mileage Goal: 30 miles

6/1 - 1
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 2
    6/4 - 1
    6/5 -

Total:4
  • karak80
    karak80 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for the add, Robin! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Count me in for June.

June Mileage Goal: 30 miles

6/1 - 3
    6/2 - 3
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 0
    6/5 - (will figure this out after work :smile: )

Total: 6
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Welcome Renae (and all the other Newlings).

Thanks all for the encouragement on my dismal start to the month of our challenge. Today will be another day I should meet my goal, I have tons of walking to do at work today. My pedometer will be burning!

I agree, Laurie you're great. Thanks so much for tracking all our mileage for us. It's motivated me to walk where before I didn't really care much. It seems to be motivating everyone, last months was GREAT!

Robin - I'm so so so so glad you are feeling a bit better. Continued prayers for your improvement until you're feeling good enough to run MARATHONS!

My little MowMow had his vet appointment. The lump was a fatty cyst BUT it has active cells, so she sent it off to a pathologist for more information. I'm still pretty stressed and concerned. I've convinced myself it's gotten bigger since Saturday (I doubt it has, it's just my worried paranoia). He needs a dental badly, some teeth that had cavities last year are now infected and need to come out.
    I applied for Care Credit because I don't have 950.00+ on hand. I'm waiting for the pathologist report before I make the appointment, if that lump needs to come off I don't' want him put under twice at his age. They can do his dental and his lumpectomy at the same time (I may ask her for an estimate anyway, as long as it's there I'm going to be worrying it's turning malignant). That's my big stress :blushing: I'm always fussing over my furbabies like a mother hen.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 20.37
    6/4: rest :( it rained
    6/5: 18.15 BIKE 3.2 WALK

Total: 42.72
    Goal: 150 miles
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have been trying so hard to keep up these last few days! Phew we have a lot to say this week! CONGRATS to all of us on a great May Challenge!!

@Tracy – the “dump cake” recipe:
    24 oz. frozen fruit
    1 box white cake mix
    1 can 7up or sprite
    Preheat oven to 350.
    Spray 9x13 pan.
    Layer frozen fruit on the bottom, then the dry cake mix, and then pour the can of 7up on the top.
    DO NOT MIX.
    Bake for 45 minutes.

@Laurie – I will try to get better at posting my mileage daily. I just assumed (and you know what they say about assuming) that updating weekly would be easier. THANKS for all your efforts in keeping up with our challenges!! You are AWESOME!
    6/1 – 0.8
    6/2 – 1.52
    6/3 – 1.35
    6/4 – 1.26

@L2T – LOVE your story about the 91 year young marathon runner! INSPIRING to say the least!

@Robin - AWESOME news that your Doc took you off 4 meds! That's HUGE! Congrats! I hope every appt from here on out is nothing but good news! You so deserve to turn this corner!! WOW! So excited for you! :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Where are Nettie and Susan?? Did I miss something, are they on vacation?? I hope they are both well!

AFM: I am hoping for another great weigh in tomorrow morning! I am inching that much closer to the next “decade” of weight! A decade I don’t think I’ve seen in 3 years or so!

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!
    And…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope to get 40 miles this month. Just got to get in a habit and keep it up.
    Thanks for posting the Milestones that is great reading.

June walking goal 40 miles.
    6/2 = 2.23
    6/3 = 0.85
    6/4 = 1.67
    6/5 = 1.53

Total = 6.27

My peas are not doing well, I did replant some and they are coming up but it might be too late and getting to hot for them. We will see. Tomatoes are about 6-8 inches and look good. Squash is nice and green and growing. Peppers are looking good but still small. I guess i should try some plant food and water more consistently.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kah - sorry to hear about your recovery period - glad its not your dominant hand.

Newbies - so glad you returned - :bigsmile:

Mow - I am just heartbroken to hear about your fur babies two problems at the same time - you are approaching it sensibly - I wish you calm amongst this storm and I hope you get the path report as soon as possible and its good. Also that money comes flying in your door! Can't hurt to wish that, right?

Ushkii - yep a little fertilizer right now is a good idea! So is water, yep, for us as well as the plants!
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

The clouds are finally parting here in my spot of the world and it’s looking like a Beautiful Thursday out there! This week and next week are all mucked up for me schedule wise so I may be a little scarce. June is my float month at work and they “floated” me off my regular schedule two weeks straight. I think everyone wanted to take vacation these two weeks this year. LOL!

Thursday Truth – I’ve been eating cake all week since Saturday! I have not been able to keep myself from picking at the danged thing! It was Huge and It’s just sitting there in the fridge calling to me… Stupid Cake! I’m sure some it has been stress eating too. It’s been a difficult week and I’m seriously thinking about checking into some counseling through my job. We can have a certain number of sessions free of charge, and maybe I/we can learn some new ways of dealing with our stress issues. Lord knows we both could use it!

Went up to Mama’s, and the floor remained dry the two days I was up there. I have no idea what’s going on with that, but hopefully it righted itself for now. She’s still waiting on the plumber to check it out though. I’ll update if anything comes of it.

@ Ferfilia – “My Edward is a Psychopath with a flame thrower!” I LOVE the Anita Blake series! The last one of those I read was Skin Trade. Also, if you’ve not read them already, check out Kim Harrison’s Hollows series (they start with Dead Witch Walking). I’ll have to look for the Sherrilyn Kenyon books. Thanks!

WELCOME NEW FOLKS! I’ll try to get caught up and do more personals later!

Have a Great Thursday Y’all!

Jenn :flowerforyou:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sunday 6/1 – 2.29 Miles (5665 steps)
    Monday 6/2 – 3.44 Miles (8520 steps)
    Tuesday 6/3 – 3.27 Miles (8097 steps)
    Wednesday 6/4 – 2.02 Miles (5001 steps)
    Thursday 6/5 –
    Friday 6/6 –
    Saturday 6/7 -
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    JUNE Mileage Goals:
    2/30 – 7,500 Steps /Day
    2.66/20 – Exercise only miles (5/week)
    11.02/95 – At least 95 Miles total for the Month
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm so behind. I've been on the east coast all week slammed with meetings and presentations. Heading back to Vegas now and will catch up I promise. I really, really miss you guys.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    June goal:25 miles (running only)

6/1: 1.9
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 2
    6/4: rest
    6/5: 2.5
    6/6:
    6/7: rest
    6/8:

Total: 6.4
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Today was the last day of school for my two, and it was an early release day. I've been busy, running around as always on my day off. I went for a run this morning, then got the kids off to school, then sorted laundry and went to the last school Mass, then ran to the store for cat stuff and people odds and ends, then back to the school to pick up the kids, then a celebratory stop at McDonald's where the kids played on the playland for half an hour with a couple of their friends, then home to play outside and mow the lawn. Now, we're getting ready to go to a baseball game. My daughter earned a free ticket through the school reading program. The music teacher is directing a group of kids from each of the three elementary schools to dance at pregame. My daughter is going to be one of the reps from her school. She's pretty excited!

June Goal: 130 miles
    6/1: 2.52
    6/2: 1.48
    6/3: 1.50
    6/4: 5.38

Sleep Goal: 20/30 days with 7 hrs
    2/20
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @MyM0wM0w - I hope your furbaby comes out of it alright! I know how stressful it is when the vet has concerns about something being malignant, I'd been in those shoes last year. :(

My mileage so far!
    June 1: rest day
    June 2: rest day
    June 3: 1.3 miles
    June 4: 0.93 miles
    June 5: 1.09 miles

Thursday Truth-
    Some days, my family drives me up the freaking wall. First, they want me to cook. Then, they go out and bring home KFC instead. THEN, they get cranky because I won't eat any of the fast food. It's nothing personal, I just want to stay in line with my calorie goal for the day, but they don't seem to understand that. My days of having more than a couple bites of fast food are OVER. I wish they'd let that sink in. :(
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm so behind. I've been on the east coast all week slammed with meetings and presentations. Heading back to Vegas now and will catch up I promise. I really, really miss you guys.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smooched:

Have a safe trip home!!
  • chelbivandine
    chelbivandine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies I have two questions

1 - Can I get in on this monthly mileage even though it is the 5th of the month
    2- Can I get some friends for motivation please

Thanks

Chelbi
  • chelbivandine
    chelbivandine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have a 6' husband at home that eats like a hog and manages to lose weight. He gets mad at me when I log ever morsel that touches my lips. In truth I dont care cause I am becoming a better me.

Good job at saying no to the KFC
    I dont know if I would have been able to
    Way to go
    Keep up the good work
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kaye- Congratulations on signing up for your first 5K and yes it should be story.

Robin- Check out the lakes around you, they may rent kayaks there. I rent a kayak for an hour or so. Cost is between $15 and $20 an hour where I live. Renting means they will help you get into the water safely and you don’t have to transport the kayaks so it is a time saver. Sorry about the water getting in threw the window but that was some storm. Glad you missed the hail and great news about getting off 4 meds.

Ranaejae- You are worthy and welcome to the group and our challenge. You will do great. We are a small but vocal group so jump on in and get to know us-we don’t bite. The thread moves quickly at some points so don’t feel obligated to do personals, you can just post or BUMP to save your space.

L2T-Thank you for changing it back. So happy that your cold is almost gone.

Painted- I am not a fan of gum either. I can chew a piece for about 5 minutes then I am done.

Aimmee- I love seeing the mileage you rack up on your bike rides. Where do you ride?

RobinB- I don’t mind if you update weekly or daily or in blocks of days. I do my best to check it daily and record the miles. So you if you happen to think about it just update your miles when you log on in the evening or throughout the day.

Susan- Have a safe trip back to Vegas.

Ms. Frizz- Avoiding fast food is a challenge but you can do it. Teach them to bring home healthier choices if they insist on getting fast food- grilled chicken over fried, Continue to cook your own food. They will get the picture sooner or later.

Chelibi- Yes you can still get in on the challenge- just post your mileage goal and then the number of miles per day, rest days just put 0. Friends- I am sure some people will friend you, I will respond to people on her faster than I do on the new feed. So don’t feel slighted if I don’t friend you, I will respond on this thread.

I think I am overly tired so that is part of why I am getting sick. Therefore, I will go to sleep earlier tonight. I am still dealing with the sinus issues. I was hoping to get an antibiotic today but it didn’t workout. My doctor was suppose to call in a prescription but he did not do it so frustrating. May try again tomorrow but may go somewhere else if needed. He could have had his secretary call and say that he was not going to call in the prescription. I even wanted to set up an appointment but she suggested this option.
    I just hope I feel better tomorrow.

Keep up with the good job on the mileage. We are already kicking butt in this challenge.