My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Nope, I had never heard of her! I'll check that out and probably pick one up to try it out. I like the ones that have shorter workouts for days when I'm limited on time, and it's great that you can combine them if you want, too. Thanks!

I really want more variety and more options. I think one of the reasons I have had such a hard time getting back into the habit of exercising is because I'm so tired of doing the same workouts over and over and over. I've been finding ways of mixing things up to keep myself more interested, adding C25K, regular walking, and the Kinect games to my schedule so I always have something different I can do. So more dvd's can't be a bad thing, right?
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    I say go hard now at the beginning b/c we don't know what the rest of 2011 has instore for us and there may be obstacles that actually require/mandate that you take a day off from working out and at least you can do so knowing that you went hard until that point.

Choco I like this thinking! But ... dont you get on a roll though and come H or high water you get some kind of work out in? I'm hoping anyways!!
  • nemrenu
    Options
    Cardio of at least 30 minutes raises your metabolism for as long as 19 hours. Not to mention the endorphins. Bedtime your body prefers to slow down, hence the advice not to eat or drink 3 hours B4 bed.

Really... I think I'll give FTITM a shot.
  • nemrenu
    Options
    3/7 2.12 treadmill miles, I'll do a few miles on my bike tonight.

Stay safe and warm everyone :smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    3/7 today 4 miles with leslie
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Walked for 5 Miles today and have done a 50 minute zumba class :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I really want more variety and more options. I think one of the reasons I have had such a hard time getting back into the habit of exercising is because I'm so tired of doing the same workouts over and over and over. I've been finding ways of mixing things up to keep myself more interested, adding C25K, regular walking, and the Kinect games to my schedule so I always have something different I can do. So more dvd's can't be a bad thing, right?

I totally understand because I'm the same way. When I grow tired of a dvd it becomes more of a challenge to get up and workout. I've had my best success w/personal trainers, boot camp and the beachbody products because there's a routine but also variety. I'll admit after a while completing the same dvds become a drag but since I now have P90X, Insanity, Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire there's more for me to mix and match if boredom sinks in.

Good luck finding something that keeps you interested and helps you get a great calorie burn in the process. Keep us posted on you what you decide.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Walked for 5 Miles today and have done a 50 minute zumba class :happy:

What's your total for the week.....1/7, 2/7 or 3/7?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody for putting one foot in front of the other!:wink:
    We did not get all the snow we were predicted (which was great cuz we have PLENTY) but it is right now sitting at minus 12!:grumble: It was down to minus 15 last night!!! I am quite sick of winter, can't wait to cruise on 2/20!!:glasses: :glasses:

3/7 with my TF/CLX hybrid! The schedule was CLX's Push 1 and TF's Stretch10! I also added in Insanity's Pure Cardio to burn a few more calories!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Great job everybody for putting one foot in front of the other!:wink:
    We did not get all the snow we were predicted (which was great cuz we have PLENTY) but it is right now sitting at minus 12!:grumble: It was down to minus 15 last night!!! I am quite sick of winter, can't wait to cruise on 2/20!!:glasses: :glasses:

3/7 with my TF/CLX hybrid! The schedule was CLX's Push 1 and TF's Stretch10! I also added in Insanity's Pure Cardio to burn a few more calories!!!

It seems you have been rocking out your workouts, how's the eating coming along? Your cruise will be here before you know it and you'll be basking in the sunshine. Me on the other hand, has to wait until July because that's when my Chicago and Jamaica trips are planned for. I've never been a winter/cold loving person so I'm so over all this mess.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options

very proud that I was playing with a 8 1/2 min mile...

AWWWESOME!! I'll get to that 7.0 mph pace by summer, God willing. The running schedule I set up for myself has me @ 7 miles @ 6.5 mph by April 1. I've run a couple miles @ 7.0 B4 at the end of a 6 mile run but I wanted to try a different approach to get up there slowly this time and run more than 2 miles while ending up feeling nearly wiped.
    Thanks for the support...I am trying to slowly build my way up too, I would love to be able to comfortably run an 8 minute mile...I average around a 10-11 minute mile right now...this morning I started out at 5.0 and just kept increasing it by a couple clicks every quarter mile or so...it was my last mile that I jumped to 7.0, ran a quarter of a mile, then took it back down to 6.2 and went back up...but I ran around 3/4 of that mile at the faster pace:bigsmile: , baby steps!

I tried that method to get to the 2 miles that I mentioned. I think I'm making better progress with this new plan. If you like I could show ya my running schedule.
  • runningneo122
    Options

I totally understand because I'm the same way. When I grow tired of a dvd it becomes more of a challenge to get up and workout. I've had my best success w/personal trainers, boot camp and the beachbody products because there's a routine but also variety. I'll admit after a while completing the same dvds become a drag but since I now have P90X, Insanity, Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire there's more for me to mix and match if boredom sinks in.

Good luck finding something that keeps you interested and helps you get a great calorie burn in the process. Keep us posted on you what you decide.

It's also important to mix it up to defeat "muscle memory". What I've read says every 4-6 weeks take off from 4-7 days and change routine ...4-6 weeks rinse repeat.....Keep the body guessing like the carb zig-zag strategy.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Choco: I brought my gloves from drugstore.com, for $17. At first I did not like how they felt because they are not a fitted fit, but it does make a difference. I felt the extra weight in my arms and I also felt them when I did ab moves too. So I was super happy. Towards the end, I did not have enough energy to push through with the gloves so I removed them and still finished strong.

Biloxbelle: Thanks for explaining STS. Sounds like a good workout, is the pace fast? I really want to complete P90X but I just think it is so slow and super long.

Runningneo: How many miles you get a week. I'm so inspired by your run. I can find a way to get a good workout, but I let the clock get to me eventualy.

This evening my trainer worked me good. I would have thought she was getting even with me, but at least I know I am getting my money worth. I really enjoyed myself, we superset everything. I walked out feeling that I was still holding my abs in. Man, I'm looking forward to our next session! Just in case I forgot to post it earlier: 3/7
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

It's also important to mix it up to defeat "muscle memory". What I've read says every 4-6 weeks take off from 4-7 days and change routine ...4-6 weeks rinse repeat.....Keep the body guessing like the carb zig-zag strategy.

You're right about muscle memory/muscle confusion which is also why I like the beach body products b/c they incorporate that into the program. Every 4 weeks the routine is switched up but unfortunately you still have to do some of the same dvds (P90X) just in a different order. The Turbo Fire schedule looks like it mixes it up a little better, so, we'll see how long it takes for me to become bored....LOL
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Choco, here's my schedule for Jan. :
    W1 - 26.7
    W2 - 31.6
    W3 - 35.5
    W4 - 39.0
    29th - 31st --- 6.0 each day for a total (on my ticker) of 150.8

My speed is currently 6.0 mph and it will be up to 6.2 mph by the end of the month.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    We woke up to a living room of 53 degrees and DH complained his feet never warmed up with his step aerobics.. It was -5 here, thankgoodness it wasn't -20!!!! Hope it warms up for you soon Verda...

3/7 with 30 min of low impact aerobics...
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    3/7 with 30 minute walk and 15 minute elliptical

Here comes the snow! Here comes the snow!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I did not forget you, I was just very busy today. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be quite busy too. I ended up doing 60 minutes of upper body workout on the Wii again, my arms and shoulders are feeling it too. I will go over the posts on Thursday most probably since I'll be out and in university for the next two days. I also have appointments on both days. I will keep on pushing it though.

Have a nice night and be good to yourselves :flowerforyou:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Sorry about the length of this.

01/01/11: 1/7
    Fitness tests
    Trail walk: 14m57s
    Walking video: 47 min 2-mile Intermediate
    01/02/11: 2/7
    Airdyne: 23 min with Intervals
    01/03/11: 3/7
    Pull-ups
    Light walking
    01/04/11: 4/7
    8 min Abs
    Light walking: 15 min + light stair-walking
    01/05/11: 5/7
    8 min Abs + 15 min Swiss ball
    Trail-walk: 14m58s, 1.1 miles
    01/06/11: 6/7
    8 min Abs
    stair-walking
    Step-circuit: 19m50s
    01/07/11: 7/7
    8 min Abs + 15 min Swiss ball
    Walk: 1.82 miles, 27min. 13m41s/121 for Rockport 1 mile challenge.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    01/08/11: 1/7
    8 min Abs
    01/09/11: 2/7
    Stairs: 20x up and down one flight
    01/10/11: 3/7
    8 min Abs + 30 min swiss ball