Corrupt a Wish

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Granted but your last movie was a flop and your contract was ripped to shreds. Now you're known as that actor who "used to be so good"

I wish I had the ability to read minds.

Granted, but you are unable to filter the thoughts of others out (a la Bruce Almighty).

I wish I was in bed right now.

granted - but your neighbours are having renovations done and the sound of loud drilling, hammering and a mechanical digger right outside is driving you slowly insane

(for my wish see the last post)
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Wish granted but you messed with the space time continuum as a result were never born. I wish I had the power to bend the mind of people to my will.

this one got missed, so....

granted, and you rise to become queen of the universe, but your life becomes so boring and predictable with everyone doing exactly what you want that you get really bored, and then one person finds a way to resist the mind control and assassinates you and they become queen of the universe instead except they're totally evil so they do really bad things all over the whole world

(for my wish see earlier posts)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Granted but your last movie was a flop and your contract was ripped to shreds. Now you're known as that actor who "used to be so good"

Granted.... but knowing what everyone thinks about you and also knowing about everyone's private pain and suffering drives you slowly insane.

I wish I was in the British countryside right now, with the British climate (instead of stuck here in Bahrain with the ridiculous heat and humidity)

granted..

Unfortunately you are still wearing your summer gear and the countryside is hit by a massive snowstorm that lasts for days. You die a cold and lonely death.

I wish for world peace
  • 5tevenw
    5tevenw Posts: 670
    Options
    Granted but now the aliens come and kill us all. I wish I knew the meaning of life
  • neandermagnon
    Options

Granted.... but knowing what everyone thinks about you and also knowing about everyone's private pain and suffering drives you slowly insane.

I wish I was in the British countryside right now, with the British climate (instead of stuck here in Bahrain with the ridiculous heat and humidity)

granted..

Unfortunately you are still wearing your summer gear and the countryside is hit by a massive snowstorm that lasts for days. You die a cold and lonely death.

I wish for world peace

Granted. But in order for that to be possible, the species Homo sapiens had to be eradicated. So we're all dead. Time will tell whether bonobos will evolve to be the dominant species or not.

I wish I was at baskin robbins right now.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Granted but now the aliens come and kill us all. I wish I knew the meaning of life

Granted. It's 42. But now everyone wants to know what the question was.

(for my wish see the post above)
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Granted

But now your mind is flooded with too many thoughts and you are going insane ... was for Steven

@Above - Granted but somehow the ice cream was too cold and reacted with your tongue which subsequently fell off and you can no longer speak

I wish I win a IronMan70.3
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    granted. but after you win it turns out the race was organised by a group of alien galactic overlords with the intention of finding the strongest, fittest human, which is you because you won, so they transport you to their home planet and keep you in a zoo and conduct experiments on you to learn more about humans

I wish I could be a member of star fleet on Star Trek
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    granted. but after you win it turns out the race was organised by a group of alien galactic overlords with the intention of finding the strongest, fittest human, which is you because you won, so they transport you to their home planet and keep you in a zoo and conduct experiments on you to learn more about humans

Granted but you will be one of those 'new' crew members that never return from an away trip.

I wish my leg would stop hurting.
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Granted, but you were killed because of Khan's wrath.

I wish it was Friday.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @neandermagnon: Granted, but your ship was the first one to be destroyed in their latest battle with the Klingons.

Granted, but you now have to work the weekend...

I wish I was a master at chess
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Granted, you are now a computer.

I wish I could turn invisible.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    @ Flab 2 fit - granted - but it had to be amputated (but it doesn't hurt now!)

@ softn cuddly - granted, but OMG we just removed two entire days from existence and now we're collapsing into a huge rift in the spacetime continuum

@ bcoop - granted - but the same aliens that made jeets win the iron man race also captured you to study your advanced brain powers

ETA: @ helen - granted, but no-one can find you and everyone just really freaks out at your disembodied voice so you never have any meaningful social interaction ever again

I wish my nearly 8 yr old daughter would learn her times tables!!!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    @ neandermagnon Granted...and you and your daughter attend the National Math-off. While there you take embarrassing photos which you post to Facebook. Causing your daughter to revolt against you, leading to 4 years of utter hell when she hits HS.

I wish I was a Boston Qualifier.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @ neandermagnon Granted...and you and your daughter attend the National Math-off. While there you take embarrassing photos which you post to Facebook. Causing your daughter to revolt against you, leading to 4 years of utter hell when she hits HS.

I wish I was a Boston Qualifier.

Granted... but there is another bombing when you are there.

I wish I could climb 5.14 rated routes
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Granted but near the top you slip and slide back down to the bottom.

I wish I could run tonight.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    Granted, but you are now running for office - specifically the Director of Immigration and Naturalization and so your head explodes as Tea Party Patriots and ACLU zealots compete to get in your face and "persuade" you.

I wish libidos were always healthy
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Granted, now your wife sleeps with all of your friends and co-workers

I wish I had a watermelon...
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Granted but you have to give birth to it.

I wish for rain.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a watermelon...

Granted, you received a huge one as a gift, but can't get it in your fridge until you cut it up, thus letting it dry out. EEW!:sick:

I wish there were no such thing as online "classes" and that my thumb would quit hurting/acting like I broke it.