What is or was your exercise for the day??

Replies

• knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    One hour of Zumba today. May try a two a day exercise tomorrow-hour of zumba in the morning then drums alive in the afternoon.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Incline bench
    Lat pulldowns
    Military press
    Front raises
    Hammer curls
    Dips
    Cable crunches
    20mins hill on the elliptical.
  • CherylMatthews66
    CherylMatthews66 Posts: 44 Member
    I'll probably be on my rowing machine for a little over half hour and I may take my dog for a pretty long walk :)
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    I row every day and add a minute a day to the rowing.
  • trillion30
    trillion30 Posts: 13 Member
    Technically a rest day but it is deep clean day at home, so manually scrubbing the floor, walls and wood work.
  • Jordan_Gregers
    Jordan_Gregers Posts: 35 Member
    Interval Day! 5 x 1 Mile Intervals with a 1 minute rest @ 7:45 minute mile. 2 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down.

I still live near my old high school, it's still a trip to go back there and get on the track. Today I actually went inside to get some water. Haven't seen the inside in 18 years, it looked exactly the same. Still a picture of our Senior 7's Rugby team on the wall outside the gym (even though we never won a single match).
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Yay! Finally ran again - first time since I started cycling to and from work. Cheated - had my wife drop me off at work under the guise of buying her a Starbucks en route.

T-Mill tempo run between 6-8mph - 2.7miles in 25min.

Will cycle home.

cheers

Well this changed slightly - my wife had a late mtg so I decided to cycle all the way home. 10.16 miles with a climb of 772ft. Earned my after work beer.

15min of yoga before the dog full out tackled me while I was in heroes pose. Knocked me flat on my back. It's only a mini Schnauzer!

Got a ride in to work - will cycle home - well to the rendezvous point. 5 miles.

20140720_144357.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    ^^^^ Awwww! My girl dog thinks it's snuggle time every time I pull out the yoga mat. Her version of "down dog":

ee4d89613158579faa9cef382e2d599764e5.jpg

I had to skip my workout, because I didn't get home until after midnight last night. I worked on my rest day, so I'm not worried about the overage. Tonight is upper body B, week 7.
  • sjaplo
    Well then - yesterday didn't go as planned at all - ended up being a rest day.

However today is a new day! NROL Hypertrphy 1B med weight, med rep - however ran out of time so only managed the squats and deadlift shrugs 4 reps of 10.

But it looks like I'm riding all the way home again today - so there's that. Depending on whether the call of beer is deafening at the end of the ride, I'll try to complete this am's workout.
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Felt super sluggish this morning, so I did stationary bike intervals while reading a magazine. Have lots of gardening, cleaning, and packing for vacation to do after work today, (half day getting off at 1 - hopefully!) so I will count that as "exercise" too :)
  • makekathshrink
    makekathshrink Posts: 5 Member
    This might sound silly but forgive me if it does.
    Got a recommended calorie intake of 1600 calories , which is mostly fine. But I'm doing more excercising now I feel healthier - nearly everyday I end up eating the recommended amount and still having a similar amount to spare.
    Yesterday took the dog for a walk and then spent 3 hours in the garden mainly digging. But a pal has just told me that although I ended up with more than 2000 spare I'd probably put my body into starvation mode if I continue like that
    Is she right ???
  • sjaplo
    This might sound silly but forgive me if it does.
    Got a recommended calorie intake of 1600 calories , which is mostly fine. But I'm doing more excercising now I feel healthier - nearly everyday I end up eating the recommended amount and still having a similar amount to spare.
    Yesterday took the dog for a walk and then spent 3 hours in the garden mainly digging. But a pal has just told me that although I ended up with more than 2000 spare I'd probably put my body into starvation mode if I continue like that
    Is she right ???

No such animal as starvation mode. Eat back 1/2 of your exercise calories to compensate for inaccuracies in the "calorie burned" amounts but enough to keep your energy up. If you feel healthier, you probably are!

cheers
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    5 mile run in the hills...:heart:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Buffet training.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Swimming (it's 102 degrees F out today)
  • emilyrigh
    emilyrigh Posts: 55 Member
    Insanity, Cardio Recovery. Just finished ^_^
  • GeraldDuane
    GeraldDuane Posts: 1 Member
    Played disc golf for an hour or an hour and a half depending on the number of holes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Lower body B. More yard work this weekend.
  • sjaplo
    30 min yoga this am - the dog was most cooperative!

Will cycle home.

Friday's ride all the way home was hellish - 12.5 miles and a climb of 930ft (includes my driveway!) Calves cramped totally twice. :laugh: Got a little DOMS from that today.
  • Today I biked to the gym (1 hour total) and I did 1h and 10 min of strenght training and stretching.
  • 45 min on elliptical trainer.....MAJOR sweating!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Simply Shredded upper body A. Next week starts higher weights and less reps.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Lower body B. I have to log it as upper, though, because I had a brain fart and logged yesterday as lower. Derrrr.
  • sjaplo
    NROL Hypertrophy 1A - low weight/ high rep. 1A and 2Bs to go before the break.

Will cycle home if the thunder storm warning clears.

Have to laugh, just received my "Weekly Workout Summary" from Mapmyfitness for last week.

This does not include weights or yoga.

Workouts - 8
    Miles - 42
    Hours - 5.94
    Cals burned - 3145
    Steps - 2,924,130

Really! Almost 3 million steps! :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    ^^^ Wow!!!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 423 Member
    5 minute elliptical intervals X 3

Random weights

100 crunches

1 minute plank (30 seconds high, 30 seconds low)

Total of 30 minutes.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Today was my rest day.

Yesterday I swam one mile and did 60 minutes of water resistant exercises; great workout!
  • Stacius
    Stacius Posts: 18 Member
    Did a 15.2km ride on my mountain bike (but on footpaths) with an average speed of 17.4km/h and a max of 32.4km/h in 52:25.

Feel quite happy about this as the exact same ride last week took me 57:12 with an average speed of 16km/h with a max of 33.8km/h.
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    5 minute start up walk
    50 minutes of trying a new elliptical exercise, inclined at 9, resistance at 5
    5 minute stretch
  • sugarhollic
    sugarhollic Posts: 9 Member
    I went rock climbing. I think the time on the rock added up to around 20 minutes.
    I even lead my first climb!! It was only a 5-8