How Many Tattoos Do You Have & What's Your Fav? Show Us :)

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have four, the first was a butterfly on my hip, 2nd was a large Hebrew writing saying "Family" vertically written down the left side of my back, #3 was a gorgeous Dove with "Peace" written below at the nape of my neck , and my absolute favorite on my upper back is 1 Corinthians 13:13

There are these three things that will Endure -- Faith, Hope, and Love -- and the Greatest of these is Love. :heart:

Then "GOD" and the names of my four children and two Grandchildren written below. Will add to it with each one to come :smile:

Piercings: ears (double), nose and getting a Monroe next week :happy:

Interesting....not judging....just asking. How do you interpret Leviticus 19:28? "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

Since you went there, Leviticus 19:27 says not to cut your beard, yet you appear to be clean shaven. OMG...

I didn't say I believe it or feel that way.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    as of late ive been mulling the possibility of getting a maple leaf somewhere, maybe shoulder blade or the back of my calf. not sure though

no present tattoos or piercings

Back of the calf = You're in for a treat :smile:

My back of the calf one wasn't too bad. Until the white was put in. And it got up behind my knee. Owch. That was brutal.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why tattoo threads get so damn controversial. Everyone should just worry about what is or isn't on their own bodies and stop worrying what is or isn't on anyone elses!
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    A grand total of zero :happy:

My car carries whatever is special to me

Get out now man.....while you still can.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I have my fair share haha. My favorite style of tattoos is neo-traditional but I've also always been an obsessive horror fan, so I'm planning on a few horror related pieces and hopefully a Rob Zombie portrait too because I'm an avid fangirl haha :)

I currently have:
    -A puffin with roses on my right bicep
    -Rabbit kewpie on my right forearm
    -Swallows also on my right forearm
    -Skeleton hand on my ribs
    -Fox on my right foot
    -Pony on my left calf
    -Russian doll on left thigh
    -Devil's hand on my right thigh
    -Anatomical heart on my back

...and let's not forget my very first crappy ones I got forever ago. A butterfly on my stomach and a terrible anchor inside my wrist. Cringe! Don't book tattoos when you are under age haha. You will find that most people with a lot of tattoos have a few small bad ones lol. All of my other big pieces were done by really good artists and look awesome, so they make up for the *kitten* ones.
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    OK so scripture was given before yours, I'm OK with saying my bad. However, maybe you didn't mean to but you did come off as judgmental towards tattoos. And your first response was quite frankly sarcastic in my opinion. At the same time no one should get all upset because you decided not to get tattoos it is a personal choice, one that should never be a measure for one's worth. Tattoos or no tattoos that doesn't decide who is going to be pretty in old age.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    14 tattoos and two piercings. My most recent tattoo is my favourite, and I can't wait to get it completely finished.

nXrQkwLl.jpg

this is epic
  • mswoodsy
    mswoodsy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've not had anything that 1. I would want on my body for the rest of my life and 2. won't look like crap when I'm 80. All the holes in my body are ones I was born with.

OOOOH SOOO COOOLLLLL

i think people who decide against having a tattoo have every right to decide not to get one, regardless of the reasoning. If they said that a tree fairy whispered in their ear to not get one, that would be fine with me.

I don't understand the hostility. He didn't say anything about people who have them.

Full disclosure - I have ink

I think people are reacting with hostility because he came onto a message board, specifically about tattoos, and gave a negative reaction to them. Including a comment that says they look "like crap" when you're older to a bunch of people who have tattoos.

It was just his opinion, and he's entitled to it. And he did specify that they look like crap when HE'S 80. He probably could have put it more delicately. Considering the convo he joined, he did kinda ask for it.

That being said I have 2! My favorite isn't actually finished yet. Its roses trailing from my stomach/hip up my ribs, not symbolic for me. Just pretty. Piercings- I have my ears, industrial, nose, tongue and Christina done.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    as of late ive been mulling the possibility of getting a maple leaf somewhere, maybe shoulder blade or the back of my calf. not sure though

My back of the calf one wasn't too bad. Until the white was put in. And it got up behind my knee. Owch. That was brutal.
    huh, i wouldve though the calf would be one of the one that would hurt the least. thats not why i said there though, if im gonna get one itll be somewhere it can be hidden in a professional environment
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have four, the first was a butterfly on my hip, 2nd was a large Hebrew writing saying "Family" vertically written down the left side of my back, #3 was a gorgeous Dove with "Peace" written below at the nape of my neck , and my absolute favorite on my upper back is 1 Corinthians 13:13

There are these three things that will Endure -- Faith, Hope, and Love -- and the Greatest of these is Love. :heart:

Then "GOD" and the names of my four children and two Grandchildren written below. Will add to it with each one to come :smile:

Piercings: ears (double), nose and getting a Monroe next week :happy:

Interesting....not judging....just asking. How do you interpret Leviticus 19:28? "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

Since you went there, Leviticus 19:27 says not to cut your beard, yet you appear to be clean shaven. OMG...

"For I, though the law, am dead to the law." Galations 2:19. Lucky for you because I bet you've worn clothing made of mixed material (Duet 22:11).

Don't pick out pieces of the Bible (especially the Old Law) to throw at people as an argument. This always backfires.

Also, I have no tattoos because I have commitment issues.
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    14 tattoos and two piercings. My most recent tattoo is my favourite, and I can't wait to get it completely finished.

nXrQkwLl.jpg

Coooolllllll!!! So fudging kawaii, bruh.
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options

For me, the back of the calf was brutal... Got a large Sailor Jerry pinup on each in one sitting(8 hours) Out of all thirteen, including half a sleeve and a massive chest piece, the back of the calves were BY FAR the worst... But they say the pain is different for everyone...
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    OK so scripture was given before yours, I'm OK with saying my bad. However, maybe you didn't mean to but you did come off as judgmental towards tattoos. And your first response was quite frankly sarcastic in my opinion. At the same time no one should get all upset because you decided not to get tattoos it is a personal choice, one that should never be a measure for one's worth. Tattoos or no tattoos that doesn't decide who is going to be pretty in old age.

Fair point. Never meant to be judgemental or to say "I still want to be pretty when I am old". Everyone has their own definition of beauty anyway.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options

Your childish passive aggressive behavior is getting annoying. Maybe I should report you for the personal attack against me being in better shape than you. Sorry I'm not sorry I can show self control.

*snickers* Sorry JMT.. but honestly his body IS better than yours. That's not his real profile pic lol
  • shadowofender
    Options

nXrQkwLl.jpg

I'm the owner of three star wars tattoos but they were done when I was 18 and didnt know anything and I saw this and I got WAY TOO EXCITED OVER HOW AMAZING IT IS.
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have my fair share haha. My favorite style of tattoos is neo-traditional but I've also always been an obsessive horror fan, so I'm planning on a few horror related pieces and hopefully a Rob Zombie portrait too because I'm an avid fangirl haha :)

I currently have:
    -A puffin with roses on my right bicep
    -Rabbit kewpie on my right forearm
    -Swallows also on my right forearm
    -Skeleton hand on my ribs
    -Fox on my right foot
    -Pony on my left calf
    -Russian doll on left thigh
    -Devil's hand on my right thigh
    -Anatomical heart on my back

...and let's not forget my very first crappy ones I got forever ago. A butterfly on my stomach and a terrible anchor inside my wrist. Cringe! Don't book tattoos when you are under age haha. You will find that most people with a lot of tattoos have a few small bad ones lol. All of my other big pieces were done by really good artists and look awesome, so they make up for the *kitten* ones.

Would love to see the puffin... they are my favorite!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I have 1 tat just below my neck. I want at least 3 more.
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I like to add that I did read back and in no way was a scripture thrown out as a means of discussion or argument, the person who spoke of scripture before you was only telling what their fav tat was, I think it was the fact that you took that opportunity to make a point when it was never intended to be one, was what got me thinking that you seemed a bit judgmental.
  • shadowofender
    Options

For me, the back of the calf was brutal... Got a large Sailor Jerry pinup on each in one sitting(8 hours) Out of all thirteen, including half a sleeve and a massive chest piece, the back of the calves were BY FAR the worst... But they say the pain is different for everyone...

Good point. I could also be remembering incorrectly because it was a long time ago and my thigh piece was much more recent and I thought much more painful. It was also a really weird position to sit in for that many hours.

I'm starting my sleeve soon and I'm concerned about the elbow area?