How many carbs do you eat per day?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day. If I eat a lot of fruit I am way over.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    between 80-200 most days.

I don't strive for low carb. In fact, I lost over 100 lb (since 2008) before ever counting a single carb.

I have only recently changed my food diary to include carbs, and did that out of curiosity more than anything. When I first started using this website in March 2013, I was so annoyed and fed up with friends' *constant* obsessing re: carbs that I immediately changed my settings to track fiber instead of carbohydrates.
  • JusticejamesbMBA
    JusticejamesbMBA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic that so many people are losing weight while still maintaining a high carb diet, 80-250 is high carbs. I personally can't. Me personally I stick to <80 a day. I start the day with 1/2 cup, dry oatmeal, 6 eggs, 2 tbsp of olive oil poured on top. That's right at 30 carbs, (26 for the oatmeal, 4 for the eggs.) Then for lunch I have a nice Kale salad with a can of tuna, 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp homemade ranch. Kale has no carbs, 2 tbsp of ranch has 4 carbs, a tomato has 5 carbs. So it's about 12 carbs. For a treat later in the day I'll have 2 tbsp of peanut butter and 5 M&M, and a whole tomato covered in 2 tbsp olive oil with tons of salt, about 16 carbs. So now we have about 20 carbs to deal with and I'll find something around 20 carbs, a tomato with a sliced green pepper and a steak. That's me though.

We need to remember here in the states that we don't have net carbs, we have total carbs. To calculate net carbs you need to minus fiber from total carbs.

So, if something had 8 carbs and 2 fiber, the net carbs will be 6.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When I was really cutting I was at 75g or less. Now I'm at 240+.
  • astamu92
    astamu92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • wagglesworth
    wagglesworth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm type 2 Diabetic as well and keep my carbs at 50 or lower. Feeling great, stopped taking the insulin 3 x's a day. Life is good!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Over the past 28 days, I averaged 91g carbs/day. I also average about 29g fiber over that time, which takes me down to 62 net carbs.

I shoot for a MINIMUM of 120g protein, 50g fat and anything else is carbs.
  • vegkitten
    vegkitten Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have about 315g a day. I'd say it's high because I'm vegan and most of what I eat is carbs.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I've got my carbs set at 100g per day. But in the last week or so, I have been really focused on keeping them down low (netting around 50 per day) and I was finally nudged out of my plateau and am again losing weight. So, for now, this works for me.

Everybody is different though. That is part of what makes weight loss a journey....as we go along we learn new things and figure out what works best for each of us.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    All the carbs.
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I aim for my net carbs to be around 20 or less most days for medical reasons. Some days they are a bit higher but still under 40 net. I do not worry about the occasional meal out though that may take me way over occassionally.