Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Does anyone honestly think a big Mac, large fry and coke is healthy? Stop trying to justify self destructive eating that causes obesity, it is an argument that can't be won. Successfully losing weight means eating nutritious foods without excessive calories, saturated fat and processed sugar. It is a simple formula that works when people learn to make better choices and stay out of the drive up lane. I am not the food police, I dont care if you eat it, but I won't applaud you for doing it.

giphy.gif
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I would congratulate someone for CHOOSING to eat an occasional Big Mac in a context where they are generally eating/exercising in a way that's helping to meet their goals. Especially if their previous pattern was to HABITUALLY or BLINDLY eat Big Mac's, not knowing or caring that it was part of a pattern that didn't help them meet their goals.

If the occasional Big Mac is what helps you keep to your overall pattern, and you log it and eat better the next day, then you are WAY better off than if you try to avoid them completely, then end up "falling off the wagon" and regaining everything you lost, as most people do.

That's what people mean when they say it's a "lifestyle change" not a "diet". A diet is when you go from eating McD's 5 times a week to "never". A lifestyle change is when you go from eating it 5 times a week to once a week.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I imagine this is what the OP looks like when scanning diaries.

cat-walking-funny.gif
  • AydensMom37
    Options
    This is why my dairy is closed....don't judge me...I Do What I Want :tongue: :wink:
  • AydensMom37
    Options
    I imagine this is what the OP looks like when scanning diaries.

cat-walking-funny.gif

Paahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaaha I almost spit my protein shake all over my laptop!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    OP just assume everyone is here to get healthy.

OP assumes that you can't be healthy while eating the occasional pizza or McDonalds.

OP eats between 1100-1300 calories. He has no clue what eating healthy means.

c2wi4zqav3xgrxbypbzr.gif
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza, chocolate and coke yesterday - that means I win right?! :smile:

ETA: all within my calories, and all tasted great.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am not on a diet. I eat all types of things that are "bad" I am sure. If I can't enjoy my food why bother??? I am losing and never felt better. I am going to have whatever I chose to as long as I am within my limits and macros. This weekend I will be eating Sausage and peppers and I will be using real pork sausage..
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza, chocolate and coke yesterday - that means I win right?! :smile:
    I think it means death is imminent?
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Based on the amount and variety of responses to the OP it is easy to see that we all approach things differently. I will give my two cwnts on the original post. I think I understand the OP's thought process as we would like everyone to eat healthy and exercise everyday. But we all know that is not possible for many reasons whether it is bad decisions or our lives are busy etc. I am usually the glass half empty guy and I wish I wasn't. I have tried to do nothing but give people positive support on this site and if they do make bad choices I refrain from saying anything. To me that speaks more than criticism. Because we all come on here because we want to, it is easy to not come on here due to being overly scrutanized by someone we really don't know. It's the addage, you catch more flies with honey than vineager. Obviously you all can do what you want but if the OP came at me with comments that were derogatory, I would remove him as a "friend". I don't need negative in my life.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This is why my dairy is closed....don't judge me...I Do What I Want :tongue: :wink:

This is why mine is open... I eat fast food all the time. Come at me bro!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP I suggest you go eat something, a man eating less then 1400 calories, that might be the cause of your hangry issues!! :wink:

Here is some pizza for you, OP:

bubblin-pizza-time-lapse.gif
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I congratulate people (or just "like" their updates) because they're getting their logs done and coming back to the site every day to keep their streaks up. Is everyone eating "healthy" (a totally subjective term btw) every single day? No. Nor do I care.

And this kind of ridiculousness is exactly why my diary is closed. If I eat pizza or french fries it's because I budgeted for it, but I don't need some nosy "friend" telling me I fell off the wagon.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    If someone gave me grief over a piece of pizza (or heck, half a pizza), we would probably not get along.

That said, I work hard. I workout hard. This is about creating sustainable habits for life. Not depriving myself until I reach an arbitrary number.

This! I have "healthy" food and I have "junk" food. I'm not willing to deprive myself of anything for the rest of my life, so I am learning how to incorporate those things into my life without going overboard. If someone knocked me for eating a hamburger or a piece of pizza once in a while, we wouldn't be friends for long.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I agree! My family will sit and WATCH me eat something they know I shouldn't or that I am trying to avoid and will say things like "It's ok this once" or "Everyone deserves a cheat day". This is not being supportive! This is being destructive to my choice of fitness lifestyle! And unfortunately I don't have many MFP friends to smack my hand so to speak...LOL

Why should your friends or family have to tell you not to eat something. If you can't fit something into your day, or you decide you don't want to eat a certain thing, shouldn't you take responsibility for saying no.

My MFP friends are not there to smack my hand for my choices. My choices are my responsibility.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I love beer. I love burgers. I love ice cream. I love chocolate. Never stopped me from losing weight, being active, and basically being in the best shape I have ever been. My friends know they can call me out on bad habits. Those who don't like it, well they are not my friends now are they.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am not on a diet. I eat all types of things that are "bad" I am sure. If I can't enjoy my food why bother??? I am losing and never felt better. I am going to have whatever I chose to as long as I am within my limits and macros. This weekend I will be eating Sausage and peppers and I will be using real pork sausage..
    I was thin most of my life and gained a "few" pounds in my late 20s. When I got serious about losing, I made room in my "diet" for all sorts of things, including having an ice cream cone from Baskin Robbins every single Friday after work, a huge sub with mayo when I wanted it and pizza, cake, chocolate, whatever. I lost an average 2 pounds per week.

This idea that you can never have a treat or even a bad day is ridiculous.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    The only response to OP:

fGO4lkU.gif
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Everyones different I guess and tries to get something different out of the site and their friends on here. I keep my friends list small and they are positive people who cheer each other on but we don't judge each other's food choices.

I wouldn't keep anyone on my list that attempted to tell me they didn't view what I was eating as healthy. I know when I'm eating healthy or not and will be the first to say so. That type of mother henning would drive me nuts lol.

I guess there would be a time for that if someone was starving themselves or what not and you're afraid for them, but if you start to tell me bacon and whiskey wasn't the best choice for my supper last night my response would be, No **** lol.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    bahaha, if any of my friends ever tried to tell me what to eat or not to eat, I'd laugh or lol, as the case may be. But, then, I don't post in my diary anymore, as I'm not currently training for a bikini competition or photo shoot, so I don't need to know the exact amount of calories or macros I am taking in right now.

And, if I choose to eat all the McDonald's, at least I'm eating. It could be much worse. I could go back to not eating.

Basically, worry about taking care of yourself and worry less about others. Besides, food shaming isn't exactly going to win anyone over, now is it?