What item did you cut out that made a difference?

Replies

• paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Soft Drinks, Cordial, Flavoured Milk (especiall Ice Coffee), Fast Foods, and cut back on sweets for well over a year before slowly allowing myself to indulge again. That and busting my *kitten* at the gym and cutting my calories to a third of what i was intaking
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Nothing
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Soda... I used to drink about 2000 calories a day in drinks. Then for two years I didn't drink calories except for a little sugar in my coffee in the morning. No beer, soda, Fraps ec.... I have loosened that some, for a while, i am working my way back to that.... I think that even though I have gained weight again, I didn't gain as much as I used to weigh... and while I am quite the chubba wubba now, I am not as bloaty and puffy..
  • I've only just started my weight loss journey this time , but what always seems to work from me is to stay away from bread, potatoes all the starch , refined foods . I plan my meals every day and fill out the food planner on here so I can see exactly what Im eating .
    I'm lucky I've never been a fizzy pop drinker , and don't like squash/cordial too strong either . I only really drink fizzy water as it fill me up more and add a splash of zero carb , zero cal, zero sugar cordial to flavour it if I fancy a change .
    I stay clear of all the so called diet food , bars , snacks - they are not diet at all !!!!!
    Drink plenty , eat food that's good for you and fill you up and exercise .
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    I forgot, I had to give up a friend who would not respect my food choices or my desire to loose weight. She was my food buddy, but my doctor told me to loose the weight due to bad liver tests. She knew it was about my health and well it ended badly.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I didn't cut anything out. I only don't eat what I don't like, so no olives, white sauces, pork (except bacon), pecans.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I stopped drinking my calories (sugary drinks.)
  • I didn't really cut anything out.. I just made sure I ate smaller portions and that it all fit into my calories for the day.
    I've lost 19 kilos and I still eat candy and drink soda and have pizza.
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Sugary drinks mainly alcohol. Will have a drink now and then though
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Added salt, grain, dairy, and all sweeteners but Erythritol and stevia. About 85 pounds down in total and much MUCH better craving management. I eat almost NO processed foods, EVER.

Feel like a million bucks!
  • I'm just getting started here, but I really don't plan on cutting out anything. If I were to guess, my primary offenders would be dairy products and bread. I love my cheese and sour cream! Oh, and I will not do light sour cream. It takes twice as much to get the flavor! No, what I do plan on doing is adding a lot of water and watching my portion size. That means no seconds! I also plan on adding more vegetables and just plain eating healthier. In addition to those changes, I'm going to try to be more active. I think that is where my biggest problem is.
  • TitikiOoh
    TitikiOoh Posts: 40 Member
    For me, and this is me and I doubt it's applicable to your situation. I started eating meals. Home made lunch and dinner after years of taking the easy option (some bought sandwich or frozen pizza covered in more cheese). And yes, I did go cold turkey on the cheese. It was out of my life for a long time before I slowly brought it back, but not in the quantities I used to eat it.

So to sum it up: No more frozen pizza and much less cheese.
  • White bread and school food
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Soda
  • Empty_Calories
    Empty_Calories Posts: 81 Member
    Calories

Nothing else changed.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Excuses.

^^this
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    This isn't meant to sound judgmental or BE judgmental, but it's genuinely surprising to me how many people consume soda. Really--it's mesmerizing. Good on all of you for getting rid of that crap. And if you haven't, that's cool, too. Moderation in everything, right?
  • willibbi
    willibbi Posts: 4 Member
    1. Dining out.

...Starbucks, restaurants, prepared foods at the deli.

Exceptions: the protein shake shop, and the cafe at our health club.

2. Exercise (temporarily)
    Kept injuring myself, and the injuries wouldn't heal. My body would 'react' when I'd try to begin exercise, a bit like a fibromyalgia feeling, vs. a nice muscle burn. The scale would plateau, and not due to a shifting of muscle over fat. It may have something to do with adrenal malfunction (mild Addison's disease).

I finally just accepted that I should focus solely on nutrition, and allow my body to heal and release weight slowly. I'll know when it's ready for gentle exercise again.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    hmmm... I cut out ... sleep. (4:30 am wake up to get to the gym before work)
  • I stopped eating after 7pm and i replaced all my liquids with water.
    i lost a lot of weight back then from 215lbs to 175lbs in just 3 months.
    Now i'm doing it again since ive gained weight over the years :grumble: