Sorry I'm Not Sorry - I gotta rant!

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Unhappy, unhealthy, unfit person here checking in.

2ilixlj.gif

Aren't you the lady that eats Talenti all the time…and OMG look at that body!!! Hot mama.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with pickles? If you choose carefully they can be a good addition.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I see people on my friends list losing weight and eating lot's of processed/fast food. I think eating healthy and losing weight can be two different things Eating clean is definitely good for you but I see people lose weight eating fast food and crap as well. I think basically we are talking about two different things. A deficit eating crap will allow you to lose weight but absolutely eating clean with lot's of fruits and vegetables is a healthier way to do it.

If someone is eating "crap" you should really tell them to seek help.

99% of the nation eats junk every so often! Some a lot more than others. Some are skinny, others are fat. But one thing for certain there aren't enough shrinks or dietitians in the world to handle that group.

Please no one bad mouth glazed donuts, I am planning on having my one monthly glazed donut this Saturday!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

2ilixlj.gif

Aren't you the lady that eats Talenti all the time…and OMG look at that body!!! Hot mama.

Ohaaaaai.♡

261g0ts.gif
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I see people on my friends list losing weight and eating lot's of processed/fast food. I think eating healthy and losing weight can be two different things Eating clean is definitely good for you but I see people lose weight eating fast food and crap as well. I think basically we are talking about two different things. A deficit eating crap will allow you to lose weight but absolutely eating clean with lot's of fruits and vegetables is a healthier way to do it.

99% of the nation eats junk every so often! Some a lot more than others. Some are skinny, others are fat. But one thing for certain there aren't enough shrinks or dietitians in the world to handle that group.

Pretty certain they were hinting about eating poop.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Well, while I personally agree with you, I fully realize it is just that: my opinion. My husband doesn't even have the same opinions I do regarding food and health and that's okay. We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't "preach" or try to convince him of my opinions and neither does he.

What I don't like or agree with is when someone tries to convince everyone else that they are right and others are wrong. Just simply not the case, but that seems to be very common on these boards.

YES!!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

2ilixlj.gif

Sup there, my gelato princess?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why so many people try MFP...fail....try again...fail...people will find anything they can to eat what they want and call it healthy...

Oh? So my success at losing 60lbs is a lie (as well as the keeping it off for the most part for a few years) because I couldn't do it being restrictive but rather flexible? Not to mention me getting out of a few deficiencies I was facing because of the restrictiveness and my overall health improvement (especially my back issues)?

Oh. Okay.
    So you lost your weight eating twinkies and hohos? Probably not...and I never said restrictive... just saying all these people saying 1,000 calories of Big Macs is the same as 1,000 of fruit, vegetables and lean meats is just silly and misleading. But I'm not here to argue...lol...if people want to chow that crap and pretend they are healthy...have at it...no skin off my back

The argument is saying that telling someone that it's not "bad" or a "fail" to include processed or fast foods is wrong and bad information. And again, you show an attitude that is common among "clean eaters" that supposedly doesn't exist. Just because you might not favor certain types of food doesn't make them unhealthy or "crap".

And what you basically just said in the bolded is saying that I am "wrong" and that my improved health is a lie because how can I possibly be healthy eating what you keep calling "crap".

And lol for those that say "clean eaters" don't come off all high and mighty.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Please no one bad mouth glazed donuts, I am planning on having my one monthly glazed donut this Saturday!

I was referring to the fact that "crap" is feces. Is someone is eating that, then they need psychological help. If they are just eating food..then they are eating food, not 'crap".
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

2ilixlj.gif

Sup there, my gelato princess?

Nuffin. Just #eatingclean

2ihqic3.gif
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I get it. I agree with you. I have to pay attention to all the macros, not just calories. If I focus on strictly calories in/calories out, I won't lose.

if you burn more than you consume....you will.

If it were that easy, I would be skinny. If that works for you, then that is excellent. I must be the exception to the rule. I have tried to lose weight every way imaginable (with the exception of surgery). I'm not saying I eat clean. I still eat some processed foods. I am just saying, I personally need to pay attention to the whole picture in order to be successful. Counting calories alone will sabotage me every time. I have learned this by trial and error. I am sorry if you don't believe me, but it is true.

so then you're not arguing against the fact that if one burns more than they consume, they will lose weight.
    your issue is that you cant seem to keep your cals below your burn.

fair enough.

i thought you were saying that you were eating at a deficit and not losing weight.
    tumblr_lxuyrspehO1rn95k2o1_400.gif

I am arguing that I have eaten at a deficit before and not lost weight. I am also saying that eating processed foods doesn't fill me up like healthier options do. I am also saying that I have previously gone over my calorie limit due to still being hungry an hour after eating processed foods. I am also saying that I have damn near starved myself, and still not lost weight.

My question is, why are you disagreeing with how my body works? It seems that you know nothing about me or my ability to lose weight...and people like YOU make me dislike this site. Not people like the OP.
    You haven't eaten at a deficit then. It is physically impossible for your body to take in less calories than it expends and not lose weight. I am being literal here. It is physically impossible.
    You weren't at a deficit, simple as that.

i feel like i should insert a special snowflake gif here, but i will refrain.

EDIT: nevermind....already been done. lol

as stated above, you were not eating at a deficit.

are you measuring and weighing EVERYTHING? if not, then how do you know?
    people are notoriously bad estimators...i was SHOCKED when i saw what a true 1/2 cup of ice cream looked like.

im sorry that people like me make you dislike this site. that certainly wasnt my intention. i guess my hope is that those who struggle with trying to stay within restrictive guidelines and struggle are able to come to the realization that, hey....you can TOTALLY do this and still eat the things you love. hell, it may make it EASIER. it certainly does for me.

looks like youre on the newer side to MFP, so i would like to provide these links to you. read them if youd like, or skip them and focus on eating "healthy". your call.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Real mature guys...laugh it up at my weight loss struggle.

Am I new to this site? No. I started a new account recently when I decided to change my lifestyle/eating habits after I had my last child.

So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so. Hah. Yeah I don't think so. I am not saying calories are not important. If I believed that I wouldn't count them religiously. But I am not going to sit here and say that they are the only thing that affects weight loss. You seriously don't believe carbs, sugar, sodium and fat have anything to do with weight loss? I am sorry, but I call BS. And I am not crying the blues about "what I've been through", so spare me your condescending crap. If you can eat complete garbage and lose weight then I applaud you. That is fantastic! And I envy you. Unfortunately, I can't do that. So basically I am done here. Thanks for your kind words. Really was the icing on top of a lovely day.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    And lol for those that say "clean eaters" don't come off all high and mighty.
    I don't know about clean eaters.... I have a tendency to come across high and mighty all on my own without any help...and for that I apologize.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm struggling to lose now because I've gone back to eating those processed foods. The boxed kind, the grab a can go kind. I really need to get back to the fresh from your garden veggies and fruits. I need to get back to shopping the outer fringes of the grocery store. Yes I think this is a great plan.....for me.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    "You are what you eat!" REALLY??

Cows eat grass and hay (They are still cows)
    Horses eat grass and hay (They are still horses)
    Robins eat worms (They are still robins)
    Moles eat worms (They are still moles)

I diet my way, you diet yours! To each his own!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Yeah...I get it. I agree with you. I have to pay attention to all the macros, not just calories. If I focus on strictly calories in/calories out, I won't lose.

If it were that easy, I would be skinny. If that works for you, then that is excellent. I must be the exception to the rule. I have tried to lose weight every way imaginable (with the exception of surgery). I'm not saying I eat clean. I still eat some processed foods. I am just saying, I personally need to pay attention to the whole picture in order to be successful. Counting calories alone will sabotage me every time. I have learned this by trial and error. I am sorry if you don't believe me, but it is true.

so then you're not arguing against the fact that if one burns more than they consume, they will lose weight.

fair enough.

i thought you were saying that you were eating at a deficit and not losing weight.

I am arguing that I have eaten at a deficit before and not lost weight. I am also saying that eating processed foods doesn't fill me up like healthier options do. I am also saying that I have previously gone over my calorie limit due to still being hungry an hour after eating processed foods. I am also saying that I have damn near starved myself, and still not lost weight.

My question is, why are you disagreeing with how my body works? It seems that you know nothing about me or my ability to lose weight...and people like YOU make me dislike this site. Not people like the OP.
    You haven't eaten at a deficit then. It is physically impossible for your body to take in less calories than it expends and not lose weight. I am being literal here. It is physically impossible.
    You weren't at a deficit, simple as that.

i feel like i should insert a special snowflake gif here, but i will refrain.

EDIT: nevermind....already been done. lol

as stated above, you were not eating at a deficit.

are you measuring and weighing EVERYTHING? if not, then how do you know?
    people are notoriously bad estimators...i was SHOCKED when i saw what a true 1/2 cup of ice cream looked like.

im sorry that people like me make you dislike this site. that certainly wasnt my intention. i guess my hope is that those who struggle with trying to stay within restrictive guidelines and struggle are able to come to the realization that, hey....you can TOTALLY do this and still eat the things you love. hell, it may make it EASIER. it certainly does for me.

looks like youre on the newer side to MFP, so i would like to provide these links to you. read them if youd like, or skip them and focus on eating "healthy". your call.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Real mature guys...laugh it up at my weight loss struggle.

Am I new to this site? No. I started a new account recently when I decided to change my lifestyle/eating habits after I had my last child.

So that's cool. I'll just go ahead and eat nothing but pizza and honey buns and drink nothing but mountain dew...because you said I will lose weight doing so. Hah. Yeah I don't think so. I am not saying calories are not important. If I believed that I wouldn't count them religiously. But I am not going to sit here and say that they are the only thing that affects weight loss. You seriously don't believe carbs, sugar, sodium and fat have anything to do with weight loss? I am sorry, but I call BS. And I am not crying the blues about "what I've been through", so spare me your condescending crap. If you can eat complete garbage and lose weight then I applaud you. That is fantastic! And I envy you. Unfortunately, I can't do that. So basically I am done here. Thanks for your kind words. Really was the icing on top of a lovely day.

carbs, sodium, sugar, etc have to do with weight loss because they are calories. I used to say I couldn't do something..then I realized the reason I couldn't was because I told myself I couldn't.

Food for thought..or not because it probably has sodium, sugar, carbs and fat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Personally I care just as much if not more about my mental health compared to my physical health. Physical health can come but mental health is harder for me to maintain.

There is no way in hell I can maintain decent mental health if my mind is so preoccupied with "dirty" and "clean" food. Plus, having a social life is super important for mental health.

SO honestly this clean food business drives me insane. Go on feeling morally superior to me. When I die before you (since im "dirty) but way happier we can compare notes then.
    i-like-you-o.gif
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    whats wrong with pickles? If you choose carefully they can be a good addition.

A large pickle has a gram of sodium in it. A GRAM.

kd8rc9.gif
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

fair enough.

If your calories in/calories out didn't work for you - have you been able to establish what your 'maintenance' calories are - either through trial and error or a medical test?

Online calculators don't always tell the whole picture of your BMR. Although they are a good starting point. According to online calculators - my BMR was off by more than 20% from my test results. Everyone is different.
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Your rant is justified Sis, but moderation in all things is the key.:wink: