The Randoms - January 2011

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well tonight I'm doing C25K W5D3, Getting a movie to watch with my kiddos, and then enjoying a glass of wine and maybe watching a movie all by my lonesome. Tomorrow, I really wanted to go to my brother's wrestling meet, but not with 3 kiddos. I was also hoping to go to Winter games, but that won't happen either. So quite possibly, cleaning the house, doing a workout, and I'm not really sure what else. Being bored I guess. Sunday, DAN COMES HOME. Although, I don't know when. Bahaha. So we'll see once what happens! Boring schmoring over here.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to spend the weekend relaxing with my boys, recovering from my cold and going through boxes of paper and junk so that I can finish my decluttering project soon. I'm really hoping it does not snow so that my husband can be home for the weekend and he can give me a much needed sleep in. I would love to get up around 10 or 11 on Saturday morning!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    To answer yesterday's QOTD:

I still have my first car! It's a 1997 Nissan Altima that I got when I was 16 from my parents, and now that I"m 24 and gainfully employed, it won't be sticking around much longer. It is in great shape tho, only 75K miles on it and I've done some work so it's running well. I'm gonna hold out til the end of this year and then get myself a really nice gently used car. I've been saving money every paycheck to put towards a down payment on a new one, by the end of the year I'll have saved enough.

I'm in Richmond, VA for my cousin's wedding this weekend! Lots of fun and food and stuff, I just have to keep it under control. Luckily I've upped my calories so I shouldn't be too bad if I don't pig out, it's just the drinks that get me. I'll just try to eat more protein and avoid the million appetizer trays.
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Plans = 21st birthday celebrations. I know it seems counterproductive, but I am not going to count a single calorie until ....probably dinner tomorrow, if not Sunday breakfast. I KNOW that I'm going to consume a ton of extra calories and sugar, but I am right now giving myself permission to do so, and Sunday will begin a recovery program. I almost feel guilty, but...come on, it's a 21st, it only happens once, and I'm not going to dampen my enjoyment of this "rite of passage" by trying to be too sensible and moderate. So here goes - wish me hangover-free mornings!
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Well shock of all shocks I am going shopping again this weekend. Outlets again. This time mainly just going for my opinion and to spend time with the girls. I have 3 things I want to look for a red cardigan, black jeggings, and some make up at bare escentuals.
  • mandijo
    Options
    Ooh you all have such lovely lives lol!

Raenicoll- I would LOVE to sleep in that late, however, I'm thinking it won't happen until my kids are old enough to get their own breakfast lol!

Sara- Have fun at the weddings!

Shinemarie-Your birthday???? If so ENJOY IT AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! If not--pass along the message! HAHAHA!

Ruth- SO jealous! I need a shopping trip. Desperately. Post pics if you get your outfit. I'd love to see it!

I'm sipping some moscato and watching "It's Complicated" all by myself. It's rather relaxing. Night Randoms!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Happy Birthday Shinemarie!

I had to cancel the shopping trip as I had the worst headache this morning. i am going to rest today and maybe get a work out in this evening.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    This morning I slept in until 9am, then had some coffee & talked to my daddy awhile on the phone. He has pneumonia :sick: but it was nice to talk to him and catch up for a bit. Then Drew & I went grocery shopping because all we had left in our house was 2 eggs, some pasta shells and goldfish crackers! haha :laugh: This afternoon one of my best friends is coming over to play games & watch a movie and then tonight I will be heading to the gym. Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend!!!!
  • mandijo
    Options
    QOTD: What's your favorite book? And give us the short version on what it's about.
  • mandijo
    Options
    Well.......I have MANY. One of the most recent ones I read was called "Love you Mean it" by 4 widows from 9-11. It's an AMAZING memoir.

I also love anything written by Jen Lancaster. She is f-ing hilarious. Talk about sarcasm and humor. She's got it.

Happy Monday everyone!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Back from my wedding weekend in Richmond, VA! My cousin had a beautiful wedding and I had entirely too much to drink... hahahaha. I actually did keep the eating in check this weekend, but I was drinking on Friday night, drank a TON at the wedding (too much, so didn't feel well afterwards), and had two beers and dinner last night with Randy. Sooo... this week my focus is good workouts and sufficient amounts of healthy food.

QOTD: Hmmm... all time favorite book... it's hard to pick just one! I'm a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter books. I LOVE Wicked by Gregory Maguire (the book the musical is based off of). I'm a fan of Dan Brown (Da Vinci Code). I also really like the Shopaholic series by Sophia Kinsella. Sooo... those are my picks, I can't choose one of them!
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    I couldn't pick just one book, so I'll name a few. The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks is a guilty pleasure, as is The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Harry Potter is enjoyable, and so are books like The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around lately.

QOTD: I don't have 1 favorite book I do have favorite authors though. Johanna Lindsey - I love her anthologys of historical romances. Julia Quinn - Makes me laugh. Janet Evanovich - Another one that makes me laugh and I want Stephanie with Ranger. There are a bunch more but those are my current ones.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    It would be impossible for me to pick one book/author/series/genre as my favorite! I've been a voracious reader since I was 3, I'll read anything I can get my hands on. I love the Captain Underpants series and I just finished World War Z (SDB, I think it may have been better than the Survival Guide!). I even named my son after a character in a book :bigsmile:
    I hate it when they make books into movies because they just never compare to the book.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    It would be impossible for me to pick one book/author/series/genre as my favorite! I've been a voracious reader since I was 3, I'll read anything I can get my hands on. I love the Captain Underpants series and I just finished World War Z (SDB, I think it may have been better than the Survival Guide!). I even named my son after a character in a book :bigsmile:
    I hate it when they make books into movies because they just never compare to the book.

I LOVED Captain Underpants as a kid!!! Also, need to get World War Z.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

I LOVED Captain Underpants as a kid!!! Also, need to get World War Z.
    My son is the greatest excuse to read kids books!