Replies

• Katfrench
    Options
    I can run a mile!!!!!!!!!!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I can wear a size small sweater.
    I can hike up steep hills and feel great afterwards.
    I can eat small portions.
    I can drink 12 glasses of water in a day.
    I can accurately gauge how many calories are in most foods.
  • rachld
    Options
    I can drive past Sonic without stopping for a Rt. 44 Diet Coke.
    I can keep a bag of chocolates in the house, rationing rather than devouring.
    I can eat 5 fruits and veggies in a day.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I CAN run, initially only able to do 30 seconds, now for 10min.
    I CAN do real pushups.
    I CAN workout with passion.
  • Natacia28
    Natacia28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good for you....you are such an inspiration...we kinda have the same goals :)
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    :sad: :cry:
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ok... I can do some of the things listed already and some I can't. However, the one thing I can do a lot more easily that I have not seen mentioned (and maybe for a good reason) is to wipe my behind with ease. There, I said it, and honestly, it makes me happy. I knew I was overweight when THAT was a problem! : )
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    well here is my list...i can do zumba for an hour (with minimal stops).....i can speed walk up four flights of stairs before getting really fatigued...i can look down and not see my upper belly (still see my lower belly tho, and it looks huge now)....i can park farther away, and not be afraid to walk the distance......i look for ways to get in extra cardio all the time (aside from the hour at least i do anyways a day)....i am not so tired in the bedroom :wink: .....im in a much better mood all the time....i can go and go and go all day and not be tired in the least.....i can sleep less and feel better, no pains in the morning :happy:
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    bump
  • RiseandGrind77
    RiseandGrind77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can tuck my work shirt and constantly having to tuck it back because my gut kept pushing it out.

I can be at my mom's house with the best home cooked meal and eat a small reasonable portion and not pig out.

I can make my wife smirk when I flex : )

I can play/chase my 4 yr old around without looking like i'm going to pass out.

I can know that I am doing everything possible to stay healthy for my family and set a good example.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I can run 2.7 miles in 25 minutes AND not want to die after.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am happy to say that I can:

Run a 5K in 29 minutes
    60 minutes on the ARC trainer and not die
    90 minutes on the elliptical and still breath normally
    Wear two sizes smaller than I did before I started MFP
    Get in my car and head toward the Mexican restaurant and tell myself that I really do not want to go there and don't!
    Pick up candy in the grocery store and then put it back down (most likely in the wrong place...sorry)
    Take my food to work and not feel guilty ( I work for a food service on campus)
    Smile really big when someone notices that I am FINALLY working a weight loss program and sticking to it because it shows in my clothes and attitude!!
  • libbles
    libbles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can RUN!
    Actually run for the first since I was a child!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I can RUN!
    Actually run for the first since I was a child!
    Fantastic, isn't it? I was glowing the first time I ran two miles.
  • jepantle
    Options
    I can WANT to go to the gym and eat healthily, rather than feeling like I'm depriving myself.
    I can see this as a sustainable plan and a lifestyle change, rather than a quick-fix diet.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I can do "walking planks" as Jillian calls them.... from my TOES!! Yes, both set, no cheating!!!

:laugh: :happy: :bigsmile:

I can work out 6 days a week!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this but I want to chime in, I've been going to the gym for one month now and I can run a lap on the track there.

It isn't much but one month ago I couldn't do it and I'm excited about it now!!!
  • sapmart
    Options
    I am really interested to see the responses.
    And I am excited to be able to answer this a couple months, 6 months, and a year down the road. (like fitting into certain clothes)
    I've just started this, but so far:

I can eat smaller portions!
    I can do jumping jacks
    I can do push ups
    I can say no thank you to pies, cakes and cookes; and still be a nice person -- no one will think I'm rude!
    I can walk to work,.
    I can catch my breath more quickly.
    I can eat a portion of crackers (not the whole sleeve) with my soup!
    (I'm a freak for the crunchy salty things, so this one is a lot tougher for me than the pie and cookies)

What can YOU do?
    The crackers one made me laugh! I also used to be able to eat a whole sleeve of crackers and now I just enjoy 5 crackers!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I'm new to this but I want to chime in, I've been going to the gym for one month now and I can run a lap on the track there.

It isn't much but one month ago I couldn't do it and I'm excited about it now!!!

it IS much!!! Very much, that's the point of this thread!! Every little things is an awesome accomplishment!! Be proud of yourself!!!

:-))
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I am really interested to see the responses.
    And I am excited to be able to answer this a couple months, 6 months, and a year down the road. (like fitting into certain clothes)
    I've just started this, but so far:

I can eat smaller portions!
    I can do jumping jacks
    I can do push ups
    I can say no thank you to pies, cakes and cookes; and still be a nice person -- no one will think I'm rude!
    I can walk to work,.
    I can catch my breath more quickly.
    I can eat a portion of crackers (not the whole sleeve) with my soup!
    (I'm a freak for the crunchy salty things, so this one is a lot tougher for me than the pie and cookies)

What can YOU do?
    The crackers one made me laugh! I also used to be able to eat a whole sleeve of crackers and now I just enjoy 5 crackers!

LOL!! You know what's even funnier... turns out I can't -- I stopped buying them altogether! :laugh: 5 turned out to just be a tease!! Maybe someday, but for now I'm still struggling with my carb adiction!! :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!