Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options

Replies

• AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joeylu

Pam - I usually put on weight with my AF as well.

Erica - I am one of those rare women who only receives BFPs after AF is due. You might be also and as the others say, it's not over until AF arrives. Also are you temping orally or vaginally? I have to temp vaginally because my oral temps are just all over the place so if you're finding that your temps aren't as stable as they should be switch on the next cycle (if your not already UTD).

AFM - CD28 - 13 DPO and still no sign of AF. Slight temp rise this morning and my FF chart has given me 72 points on the early pregnancy sign estimator. Not sure how reliable it is but we will see.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Heather, the FRERs have been giving really convincing evaps to people lately. I didn't want to take the chance and I didn't want to shell out the big bucks for a digi as my husband was already not happy about the early testing. I'm 13 dpo, CD 29. Still have the same symptoms. They're worse at night. No impending AF symptoms.

History, I temp orally. My temps are very clearly biphasic. I try not to read too much into individual temps. As long as I can see a shift, then that's good enough for me. AF doesn't typically show until I go very near or below coverline for two days. The pregnancy sign estimator is not accurate AT ALL. Just for your own mental health. I've gotten up to 90 points before. I stopped tracking symptoms as a result. I hope AF stays away!

Welcome, joeylu!

Feel better, Pam!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I'm caving - just a little bit tonight. Curling up on the couch and watching Village on a diet eating junk food.....LOL mucho motivational. Show just finished actually and thought of Ashley....they were showing the couple trying to lose weight to conceive how to do injectables.....LOL How things come around full circle.

History - not sure where in NZ you are. I hear Christchurch got hit pretty badly today. Hope you are safe.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi all--definitely not my month, but that's okay--I actually already have a 11-11 birthday--that's my son's birthday, but 2008, not 2011. (Thanks for holding out hope, Heather--I hope you can still go for it!)

But, today was much better--I feel the fog of disappointment lifting, as I knew it would eventually, and didn't feel like just lying around on the sofa all day. I did take a nap though, and it helped. So, on to a new month. I'm gonna talk to the Dr at my appt on Thursday about what the spotting means, and if Clomid is supposed to fix that or if it means something else is going on that we need to look at. Short luteal phase anyone? Me thinks so--even if I am not an expert. Who knows what they will say--they aren't REs, but I'll ask anyways. If the Clomid can't address that, or they can't address that then I don't see any reason to keep taking it under their supervision--it may make me ovulate, but if my lining won't stay around long enough to give an egg a chance, it won't matter...and I don't want to be an clom-ID zombie (those are the really mad wanting to eat everything in their sight ones) unless I have to be. We'll see what they say and go from there.

My legs are so sore from that kettlebell workout yesterday. I'm supposed to go jogging tomorrow morning, but I doubt that will happen with the sleet they are calling for tonight. So, I thought I'd switch it up and do the next kettlebell workout...but I'm not sure I can handle it. We'll see when I get up tomorrow, I guess.

I'm giving up white flour for Lent. Usually I give up ice-cream or chocolate or fried foods or something like that. This year it's white flour. Now that I've posted it, I gotta do it, right? :wink:
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Pam - We're in the North Island in Auckland. Christchurch is in the South Island. We're quite safe up here but very sad about this Quake. They were only just really recovering from last year's lot.

Erica - I don't really pay much attention to the Early Pregnancy Estimator to be honest. I continue to log my 'symptoms' for my own person tracking more than anything.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Karen - I'm giving up white sugar this year....Adding it to anything I do. Coffee, tea. I'm sourcing alternative sweetners (agave, maple syrup, etc.) and using them sparingly.

History - my cousin said the same thing. Glad you're far enough away....it looks like it was a bad one.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joeylu

Heather & Pam what’s up with the soy talk? What’s so bad about soy?

Erica. Part of why I’m not going to test until the 5th is not only the trigger shot giving a false positive, but that my mother didn’t actually get a positive on any urine based PT’s, she had to get confirmation at the dr.’s and even he told her she wasn’t the first time she went in. Your symptoms sound pretty steady, this very well might be your month, FC for you!

Pam that’s too funny, was the girl able to give herself the shot or did her husband do it for her?

Karen, to give up white flour must be tough, best of luck to you with that! And kudos for you for getting up and working out even though you felt crappy, I wish I had that willpower, and I’m not even on Clomid.

So I didn’t workout last night, I came home got changed and went back out to do all the groceries, came back home and started cooking and made a bunch of stuff for the week. I also did laundry and a bit of clean up, then ate and watched a bit of TV. So my night wasn’t unsuccessful because I managed to get a lot done, but no workout, let’s see how I fair tonight.

Ash
  • fitterpam
    Options
    For me at least, I know soy is an estrogen mimicker - so for my PCOS it means that my body (which is already overproducing the estrogen) continues to think its full of estrogen, which could be one of the reasons that I don't ovulate. Once Estrogen levels start reducing, the body ovulates and then produces progesterone. If the estrogen levels never go down, there's no ovulation. Also increased estrogen levels are associated with cancer risks (I've already had one precancerous condition as a result of not ovulating or getting a kick start to my cycle). Right now, I'm followin a blogger on PCOS and the Soy talk got kicked up again for me with this article about fermented soy vs. non-fermented soy.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/19/the-dirty-little-secret-hidden-in-much-of-your-health-food.aspx

I'm not a huge soy fan - although I used to drink the milk all the time - I've switched to almond milk though (heated up, it is super yummy) so I didn't think I was so affected, but everything seems to have soy lethicin in it if it's even slightly processed.

He gave her the shot.....LOL but he jabbed it right in and the doctor said he could have reduced the "drive" quite a bit....LOL
  • epa422
    Options
    I think my body is just messing with me now. :laugh: My temp still hasn't dropped. I imagine it will tomorrow, though. It wasn't going up nearly as fast after I woke up as it had been in the past few days. That's typically a sign that it's going to start heading down for me. My husband wants me to go buy "a test that works" so he doesn't have to go give his sample tomorrow. I'm not sure if I will or not.

I'm glad you're safe, History. I didn't see coverage until this morning. What a horrible thing. My heart goes out to you all.

Karen, Clomid should fix an lp defect because it should give you enough progesterone to sustain a longer LP. They should definitely look at something else, or at least try Femara instead. It's better on your lining and has fewer side effects.
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joeylu and Shann272003

Erica – I know how you feel. My temp is actually increasing instead of decreasing. I was bad too and tested yesterday. BFN but I wasn’t surprised with all the cramps that I have been having. I will test again tomorrow if AF doesn’t show by then. It is really weird because the only symptom that I have had is the cramping and maybe a few hunger cravings. FC for you and we will see what tomorrow brings.

Ashley – cleaning and grocery shopping can count as a workout!

Pam – good for you with the white sugar…I am not sure yet what I am going to be giving up

History – glad you are safe, still have my FC for you

Karen – White flour…I think that is tougher than white sugar. I am still a little shocked about spotting that early. If the Clomid didn’t do anything else, it did regulate me. Every time I have taken it, my cycles have been 29 days. I would definitely have the doctor check for some other things.

Nichole – Sorry AF showed but way to have a positive outlook on it.

Heather – it is okay to have a blah day. I did yesterday too! I laid around watching tv and when DH got home we went out and got subs from Firehouse.

AFM – Today is CD30. In the past when I have taken Clomid, I have always been had a 29 day cycle. I guess we will see but I just don’t know what is going on. I usually have some spotting by now but nothing. My luck it is just my body becoming immune to the Clomid. I will test tomorrow if nothing shows today.
  • epa422
    Options
    Katie, that sounds promising. I hope we both just tested too early!
  • NewStateofMind
    Options
    Hello. Wanted to joing in on the conversation. Just trying to get back in the swing of things after a December miscarriage. Need to lose a few pounds. Hubby and I have been trying to conceive since January 2010.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Katie and Erica still keeping my fingers crossed for you both!

Erica so then what test will you get? I thought the digitals weren't as strong as the FRER? I'm so confused when it comes to which test is the best. I had thought that the Equate brand was and then I saw that the blue dye gives really convincing false positives, so now I'm relying on the FRER and now you say that it is doing the same....what's a girl to do?!

Karen I'm super bummed for you. Our bodies are supposed to be our best ally in this world, and sometimes it ends up being our enemy. Stay busy and hopefully changing up the game plan will help. Looking forward to seeing what they doc's think about why you only had a 19 day cycle!

Ashley my mom was the same way. She was almost 5 months pregnant with me and still tested negative even on blood tests. They were going to start talking about surgery because they thought I was a tumor! lol! They finally did some more tests and found a heart beat (surprise! I was definitely NOT a tumor! lol!). It is strange but true that some women don't test positive on hpt's because their bodies metabolize the hcg differently than the normal person. Also, here is an amazing link that will tell you everything you need to know about soy:

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

There are studies that have shown that not only does it wreak havoc on women's hormones/fertility, but that it can lower sperm counts for men and babies fed soy formula have been documented to have abnormally small penises and breast tissue for boys and start menses much earlier as girls. Wish that someone would have told me this YEARS ago when I started consuming large amounts of soy! No more soy for me though.

I'm still in a funk today. I think it is a combination of the Clomid, the Progesterone (pill form), and either PMS or pregnancy.... I ended up not working out but for 20 minutes yesterday because when we started my friend had to stop cause she felt like she was going to pass out. She ended up going to the doctor and they admitted her to give her some fluids and zofran to help with the nausea. She got the flu and being 7 months pregnant with a 2 y/o and a 6 y/o with hubby gone for military training she definitely needed some help. I stayed with the kids until her mother could come and then I went and sat with her in the hospital for a while. After I left the hospital all I kept craving was a hamburger and ice cream! So...I gave in. So today I'm back on the wagon....lol. The last week of the 2WW is always the hardest! I just wanna know! If I'm not then I will move on, if I am then I can start preparing for that. The unknown is what gets me every time! I'm trying to stay busy...
  • epa422
    Options
    The FRERs are giving gray evaps that some people are confusing with positives... so I guess, if you want to test early, just be aware that the line has to be pink to be positive. Everyone was recommending Answer brand, but they're as sensitive as digitals... I think FRER might have crossed the line on too sensitive at some point. I had a friend get a beta done and it was at 5.6, she got a positive on an FRER, but it turned into a chemical pregnancy. Most doctor's offices won't declare a pregnancy until you hit 10, I think. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I guess get an FRER and see what happens since my husband no longer wants to wait.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    So when will you test then Erica?
  • epa422
    Options
    Probably tonight after work or I might wait until the morning. My husband doesn't work Wednesday mornings.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Erica that is exciting! Keep us updated of course! :)
  • epa422
    Options
    Thanks. I imagine it will be a BFN, so don't get too excited. :laugh:
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    As I'm sitting here trying to find my mojo to get up and DO everything that needs to be done today, I just thought about how last time I took Clomid I had gained 5lbs that month. So I may not have lost anything this month, but I haven't gained anything, so that's definitely a positive for me! That's my victory for the day! lol

I'm gonna stay positive and keep my fingers crossed for you Erica! :)
  • epa422
    Options
    Hooray for maintaining while on evil Clomid!!! :drinker: